PDA

View Full Version : AC Help!

rmaunus
2015-01-21, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, I need some help in boosting my touch AC for a campaign I'm in. Were using a mixture of 3.5, PF, and I guess d20 modern. (not sure to what extent on that one, maybe just for modern weapon rules) we are using hombrew content as well as official content. We are not allowed to use ability score boosting items and magic items are I think on a case by case basis (DM said he would think about ring of protection) so any and all help is welcome!

herrhauptmann
2015-01-21, 08:44 PM
Miss chances.

They help both regular, touch, and flatfooted AC. And help against crits too.
Smoking weapon and blink are two good easy sources.

Wings of scintilation turns your natural armor into a touch AC boost I believe.

Hiro Quester
2015-01-21, 09:06 PM
The description of your situation is somewhat lacking in specifics. Which class you are playing will make a big difference.

In general, I find it useful to think about all the different types of AC and how to get some of each (or enhance what you already have).

Armor bonus and shield, of course. Class restrictions and race proficiencies impact what you can wear.

For further bonuses, deflection, natural armor, are all pretty easy to get. Then you're into class specific additions (e.g. Particular class's spell (mage armor, shield spell,barkskin, Sirine's grace). Eternal wands are your friend here.

Then there's other items and class abilities, feats.

The x stat to y bonus (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4369.0) thread has many suggestions for converting your primary stats too uses, including to AC.

And get the most dex you can.

Twurps
2015-01-22, 02:19 PM
If you are using a shield, the 'shield ward' feat is nice (from PHII). Is has 1 prereq, and gives shield bonus to touch AC as wel as to rolls to resist some special attacks like trip and bull-rush.

I think there's a similar feat out there somewhere without a prereq, that just gives shield bonus to AC, but can't remember it.

If you have turn attempts to spare, take a look at the 'divine shield' feat from complete warrior to top things off. It gives a temporary 'cha modifier to shield AC'.

Flickerdart
2015-01-22, 02:54 PM
It's impossible to keep your AC relevant beyond the wee levels without using magic items. Your best bet is to be a wizard and use spells.

Feint's End
2015-01-22, 03:04 PM
It might be a good start to tell us your class, relevant feats and especially gear + how easy you have access to it.

It's not easy to help you without at least some information.

rmaunus
2015-01-22, 04:48 PM
Sorry, I'm playing as a Bellator. Level 10. I don't have any equipment as of yet but I have 52000 gold left to play around with.

Flickerdart
2015-01-22, 05:27 PM
Sorry, I'm playing as a Bellator. Level 10. I don't have any equipment as of yet but I have 52000 gold left to play around with.
A what? That's not a class I've ever heard of.

rmaunus
2015-01-22, 05:56 PM
A what? That's not a class I've ever heard of.

It's a homebrew class. Here it is (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?336731-quot-Today-is-victory-over-yourself-Tomorrow-is-your-victory-over-lesser-men-quot)

Like I said, we're using some homebrew stuff too.