PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Character alignment help

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-01-21, 10:45 PM
I'm in the beginning of creation for a character this is the background I have so far. My character was murdered with his family and fiancé kidnapped by Baalzebul cultist. Dispator(Dispator rival is Baalzebul) offered to bring my character back with power to deliver vengeance in return to disrupt Baalzebul cults in the mortal realm when found. After my characters rebirth he tracks down her location and finds out his fiancé was sacrificed and soul is in hell. So his personal quest to gain enough power to infiltrate hell and save his fiancés soul no matter the cost.

What alignment should he be?

I was thinking a evil since in his quest he will trample others, make deals, do what ever is necessary in his eyes.

Honest Tiefling
2015-01-21, 10:47 PM
Evil, but please elaborate with what you mean by make deals. Will he make deals and break them? Or make deals, but keep to them...But he doesn't care who he makes them with? You can probably see where I am going with this.

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-01-21, 10:54 PM
Make deals with celestial, devils, fey etc. Tends to keep them to the best of his abilities unless its counterproductive to his personal quest. Oh won't kill children and abhors sacrifice.

holywhippet
2015-01-21, 11:51 PM
I'd go with lawful neutral. Keeping your end of a bargain is a lawful thing. He is aiming for a good end even if he has to do some bad things along the way hence neutral.

Honest Tiefling
2015-01-21, 11:58 PM
I'm actually going to say Neutral Evil. He keeps his bargains...Sorta. Breaking them because you need to is sorta chaotic, but it doesn't seem like he does it enough to become full on Chaotic Evil. I am also getting the vibe he is evil and would balk at nothing to get his fiancee back.

Andreaz
2015-01-22, 12:05 AM
Looking evil to me. neutral or orderly doesn't matter much.

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-01-22, 03:58 PM
Thanks for these responses I'm probably going with lawful evil sense he still has a sense of honor left over from his past life.