PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Weapon crystals

Dysart
2015-01-22, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone.

So just wondering what people think about using weapon crystals from 3.5 in 3.PF.

I'm looking for some low level/cost magic gear to put in my treasures and I have very little experience in PF but want to run it as a system.

So I guess my question should be, what are people's thoughts of splicing 3.5 magic items into a PF system?
Would it cause problems with power level differences or have I just not noticed the PF version of the "Magic Item Compendium"?

Susano-wo
2015-01-22, 08:20 PM
even in our relatively PF only games my group usually uses the MIC also. :D Shouldn't be any problems, aside from maybe cost issues(?).

Dysart
2015-01-22, 08:39 PM
even in our relatively PF only games my group usually uses the MIC also. :D Shouldn't be any problems, aside from maybe cost issues(?).

Ah good, thanks for the input!

Coidzor
2015-01-23, 06:05 AM
Hi everyone.

So just wondering what people think about using weapon crystals from 3.5 in 3.PF.

I'm looking for some low level/cost magic gear to put in my treasures and I have very little experience in PF but want to run it as a system.

So I guess my question should be, what are people's thoughts of splicing 3.5 magic items into a PF system?
Would it cause problems with power level differences or have I just not noticed the PF version of the "Magic Item Compendium"?

At most there should only be one or two things to really worry about rebalancing, possibly relating to the alterations to sneak attack in Pathfinder and the weapon crystals that have to do with sneak attacking.

Starbuck_II
2015-01-23, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone.

In general, MIC is very well made.
They are cheap way to give treasure.
Sure, only +1 fire from a Last Assault Fire crystal isn't a huge benefit, but the cost is worth it.

Plus, if they find a better weapon: they can usually transfer it to it. (magic enhancements can't be)