PDA

View Full Version : Dämmerung der Götter IC

ChaosArchon
2015-01-22, 10:18 PM
"It has been seven days since the Incipere disaster and the federal investigation involving the incident seems to have gone nowhere, with lead detective Shawn Mc'Cleary declining to comment on any leads the team has uncovered. In other news, the city of New York will be hosting the G8 conference this week, and the general consensus is that the failing Russian ruble will be a major topic of the conference. Now to Bob with weather...."

A portly man appears on the television screen and proceeds to talk about, surprising nobody, the weather. Meanwhile you two look out over the Manhattan skyline, still slightly in shock over how the past week has been for you.

Tome
2015-01-22, 11:32 PM
"Soooo... whaddya wanna do tonight brain?" Veronica asks with a grin and a sideways glance.

The winds toys with her short hair as she stares into the sunset. The chill is ignored, her thick leather coat taking the edge off it. Always a pretty sight, but better when viewed from higher up and away from the city's pollution, she felt. Her hands start to tense in anticipation before she forcefully relaxes them, wary of the damage she might do to the railing. She'd like to see what the sunset looks like from the air, but now isn't the time to play with her powers.

Another glance at her younger friend. She knew how she wanted to handle these powers of hers, but outing herself meant outing him by necessity. Taking that choice away from him wasn't worth loosing the irritation of having to hide. Which is why they were here, to talk about how they wanted to handle things.

Sønderjye
2015-01-23, 07:12 AM
George took a moment to consider if he should point out that her new nickname covered less than 2% of his bodily functions but decided against it. There's a lot of things I want to do tonight, secure world peace, get rid of starvation, defeat death, but those will take a long time to accomplish so for starters we're going to figure out exactly what you can do. He answered with a face that was more serious than what should have been possible for one as young as him. And also run some tests on what I can do He added in, however as clear as it was that it was his voice that Veronica heard as clear was it that he didn't move his lips.

So from the start, tell me exactly what you can do and how you think you are able to do it He asked still not moving his lips.

---
(for the purpose of moving fast I figure we can have to things as ones, assuming that the above is finished before we begin the latter)

Outing ourselves is a good idea. People fear what they can't understand and fear leads to irrational acts, typically violence. Just look at the witch-burnings and they weren't even real.

Tome
2015-01-26, 03:32 PM
Veronica gives an exaggerated sigh. "What a waste of a perfectly good reference" she laments with feigned despair.

"Never mind, you want to know what I can do?" she asks, snapping back to her cheerful demeanour. "Same as I told you before. Control over momentum. I can increase it, decrease it or alter it's vector at will, with a range of about twenty meters. I can also switch the momentum of two objects. Beyond that, I'm stronger and faster than I was before. I can lift about a ton, and though the reaction times are harder to quantify I'd say they're beyond human limits as well. My movements are more controlled, more precise, with fewer unconscious movements getting in my way. My mind's working better too, working faster, picking up on details I would have missed before".

"As for how?". She shrugs. "Haven't a clue. I'm getting a decent handle on what I can do, but no insights into how I'm actually doing it I'm afraid. What about yourself?".

--------------

"Soooo.... is that a 'yes, I would like to keep things secret for now' or a 'no Veronica, I'm fine with letting folks know', oh master of sesquipedalian loquaciousness? 'Cause your little speech there could kinda be taken either way".

Sønderjye
2015-01-30, 08:47 AM
George doesn't understand the reference and decides to let it fly.

<<Alright so when you say momentum control you mean that you control things that move? Specically their directions and their speed is that correct?>> He asks still without using his lips, considering different applications of that. Momentum is defined as the mass multiplied with the velocity of a object. <<When you say that you can swap two objects momentum what does that mean?>>

He considers her answers and stores them for later analyze before answering <<I am able to control electromagic waves very precisely. That's how I'm talking to you without using my mouth. Most people probably won't realise because it just sounds like me but nobody aside from you can hear me right now. Also you can just think really loud and I should be able to hear you. Aside from that I have become ridicously intelligent.>>

---

<<Sorry, my mind have become to fast that my mouth sometimes doesn't follow. No I don't think it's wise to expose ourselves. I see a lot of downsides, some potentially lethal and no significant perks.>>

For future reference I'll use <<>> for telepathic communication

Tome
2015-02-01, 09:48 PM
Veronica clarifies "Speed and vector to be specific, so it's probably more accurate to call it velocity control. I can't actually change the mass of an object. There are temperature change if I really change things, so I think I'm translating kinetic energy into heat and back again". Why yes, she had dug out her old science textbooks a few nights ago. Why do you ask?

"The swapping is simple. I pick two objects, it's easier if they have similar masses, and trade their velocities. Object A now moves at the speed that object B was travelling, along the same vector that object B was travelling, and object B is now travelling at object A's former speed and vector" she explains, tossing two coins to the left and right only for them to suddenly reverse directions and fly back into her hands in a brief flare or her halo.

There's a brief chuckle. "You might have gotten a brain boost, but I'm preeeeeetty sure it's not affected your social skills, Curious George. The whole telepathy thing? Kind of invasive. And creepy. Really prefer if we just used words, 'kay?".

"Still. Super-smarts eh? That's a nice one".

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 09:48 AM
Fine. George mumbles, now speaking. However I'm not entirely sure why you'd avoid telepathic speech, it's simple and have a bunch of advantages compared to normal speak.

Are you only able to affect objects or can you affect say gas and liquid as well and do both have to be moving or just one? He asks. When she uses her power he isn't as much interested in what happens with her coins as to what happens over her head. Heh that's funny, should I call you angel now?

Alright so first experiment. I want to see how fast you can run if you run your fastest. He gives her a GPS that looks like the ones people have in their cars before explaining. I've added an option for it to record your max speed. Questions?

Tome
2015-02-04, 10:07 PM
Veronica snorts. "Only if you want me cracking jokes about your fancy new peepers" she retorts.

"Not sure but... I think I can do liquids at least. Trying to... grip the air feels fuzzy, for want of better terms. Not sure if it's because atmosphere's too big, or if I just can't affect gasses".

Ryan. Ruling on whether Veronica can apply her powers to liquids and gasses? Or at least portions thereof that fall within the range of her powers.

--------------

There's a cocky smirk on her lips as she surveys their surroundings. "Nope. Just don't blink".

I assume we're somewhere outside of the city. My head is giving my images of them pulled over on some mountain road with a good view of the skyline.

Tome
2015-02-04, 11:35 PM
Veronica nonchalantly kicks off her shoes and socks. With the sort of force she's going to be putting out, only her own body will be able to take the strain, no sense in wasting a perfectly good pair of trainers. "Remember what I said about blinking". She drops into a sprinter's 4-point start.

With the non-existant starter's gun she pushes herself forwards, feet digging into the ground. She takes the feel of her own motion and feels it distort and strengthen under her mental touch. She bounds forwards, feet touching base earth for only the briefest instants to push against the ground, one after another in a cycle faster than any human runner could manage. The trees streak past at speeds a normal mind could not possibly process as she weaves through the park, dodging between the branches.

One lap should do. She wonders if George's modified GPS has a high enough refresh rate to actually track her properly.

Veronica uses Hypermovement as an improvised Technique for her Momentum Control for 2 Quantum.

As a three dot power, that gives her a flat out of combat movement speed of 1,500 kph. In combat her sprinting speed is 108 meters per action, or just slightly more than 80 mph.

Sønderjye
2015-02-06, 07:10 AM
Peppers? Like bell peppers? George asks confused.

WAUW?!?! He shouts from way back, gesturing towards a rock Alright now try to swap your with that rock over there

You probably know that heat basicly is the movement of the molecules. The faster they move, the warmer the object is. I want you to try to slow down the molecules in this He hands her a glass of water

I enjoy doing this but if you want we can always go back to this as a flashback so we can get the plot moving?

Tome
2015-02-10, 05:39 PM
Casting a casual glance at the rock George indicates, Veronica makes a sharp turn and starts to bleed off some of her speed. You can't just throw rocks around at these sorts of speed, nobody wants to see the sort of damage that could cause if it hit something. Particularly if that something is her car.

She lets herself dip down to a more sensible velocity, only a couple of hundred miles per hour, and then skids suddenly to a halt as she transfers her remaining momentum into the stone. It promptly shoots off, flipping into the air as it clips the ground in a spray of earth and rock.

"That about what you wanted to see?" she asks, not even out of breath.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veronica shakes her head. "Tried it already, I need to be able to be able to perceive the things I'm using my power on. Could be a size limitation in there too, I'm still trying to narrow down a couple of specifics. Either way, I've got no way to grip things on a molecular scale".

She gives the glass a shake, whipping the water into a swirl before stilling it in another faint flare of her corona. "Best I can do is this, stilling a current or flow in the water".

"Look, George, I know you're keen to figure this out but I'll be able to work out my powers on my own. I'd be more worried about yours, they seem more invasive than mine".

Sønderjye
2015-02-11, 06:24 PM
Yes! George says with childish enthusiasm as he sees the rock flow into the air.

He also wants to know if she can redirect light(thereby making yourself invisible at least from some angle) If you can amplify sound waves. That's all for now.

Invasive? How are they more invasive than cops breaking into a house, listening to phone calls or even a skilled body reader?​ he says defensively.

Tome
2015-02-11, 08:48 PM
"Can't do anything for sound and light, sorry. It's a perception thing, can't actually perceive the medium I use for perception properly. Maybe if I develop super-senses, eh?" she replies with a wink.

-------------------------

"Not what I meant, think the surgical sort of invasive. Your powers are boosting your brainpower, right? That means they're altering the way you think. Same for me I guess, but mine don't seem as... central to my own thought processes. There could be all sorts of side effects to that George, and we can't rely on our new skills to pick up on that. Not when those skills are a result of whatever change introduced any hypothetical flaws" Veronica explains.

Sønderjye
2015-02-12, 06:57 AM
George wonders some possibilities for letting Veronica see the light(no pun intended) but finds them all too impractical.

My powers does indeed include boosting brain power but that's just a fraction of it. he answers while considering her words. Had the accident changed his personality? He ran through his actions and thoughts during the last 7 days and found that he actually was more focussed and everything came easier. He was also less inclined to let emotions get in his way of his study, even the release of the newest book by his favorite author hadn't made him stop his research. He had written it off as enthusiasm for his new project but in retrospect that probably wasn't the reason. 1 week ago he wouldn't have been able to keep concentration up for this long, particularly not when the 5th book in the prince of darkness series came out. Overall he liked the change. He considered picking up Veronica's worries from hear head but appearently she had problems with that so instead he asked What are you worried about?