PDA

View Full Version : My strangest concept to date; attacking...by farting.

tadkins
2015-01-23, 01:04 AM
What is even stranger still is that this is a character idea created in collaboration with my sister. Based around an old EQ character of hers, I was wondering if it'd be possible to recreate in 3.5/PF.

Introducing Srolil Yetribbs, a Grippli standing for what is good and just, wielding the power of her swampy homeland...and everything that entails!

I have a few ideas on how to go about this, but I'm not sure on which foundation to go with. Either a caster or a mundane will work if there are options available. Basically, I'm going for a swamp-themed character that specializes in gas-type attacks. I want them to smell, and cause sickness/disorientation among the enemy. The caveat here is that I'd be playing up the comedic value and unconventional hero concept; Srolil is very much a LG/NG character, thus the methods she uses can't be evil or revolve around suffering, so no plagues or the like. There are probably a few classes this might work with, but I'm not sure which ones can be built into an actual, effective, contributing character. I'm interested in any and all flavor options that are available.

big teej
2015-01-23, 09:53 AM
I believe this is an obligatory reply to this idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0bX33aAhYQ

paperarmor
2015-01-23, 09:57 AM
Custom at will item of Stinking Cloud and similar spells I'm AFB at the moment but I'm sure someone can do the price math. But that's the route I'd take, the rest depends on what you want the character to do when it isn't flatulent. You can get a lot of 'silent but deadly' jokes out of Rogue or Swordsage.

Chronos
2015-01-23, 10:03 AM
Do Grippli have a racial stench ability, like troglodytes?

tadkins
2015-01-23, 05:02 PM
Do Grippli have a racial stench ability, like troglodytes?

Just checked, it doesn't look like they do.

As far as Pathfinder goes, I've decided the character will be a Bogborn Alchemist (Grippli only alchemist archetype) with a focus on any gas or stench related formulae and discoveries. Not sure what I'd do for 3.5, but for PF that seems to fit nicely.

Troacctid
2015-01-23, 05:37 PM
For 3.5, I would go Dragonfire Adept. Sure, most Dragonfire Adepts probably use their mouths for their breath weapon, but occasionally they break the mold and break wind. Add in scalding "gust", "breath" of the night, and terrifying "roar" for more stinky fun.

Alternately, a single level of Warlock gets you miasmic cloud, which emits a noxious gas cloud in a 10-foot radius around you, providing concealment and fatiguing anyone else inside it.

Karl Aegis
2015-01-23, 07:12 PM
I've never actually seen any rules for characters farting or even having butts, but a Dragonfire Adept can choose Sickening Breath at second level as a breath ability.

goto124
2015-01-23, 11:45 PM
I like the idea of refluffing breath attacks to come out of the other end.