PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sims 3 videos

Carl
2015-01-23, 07:19 AM
Everyone's heard of the sims and for reasons only it knows steam likes to drop adverts about it on me semi regular basis so today i decided what the hell i'll see what it looks like. Unfortunately the webpage demo is dead, the so called downloads are blatent spyware and i'm having a god awful time finding a youtube video where the author doesn't click through everything at a million miles an hour while explaining very little. I was wondering if anyone had any good links so i can get to see the gameplay in action and get a true feel for how it plays, the basic concept sounds interesting but i'd need to see the implementation to decide if it' for me.

Cheers all.

Sajiri
2015-02-04, 03:22 PM
I realise this is getting a little old by now but you still have had no videos, I dont know if you went ahead and tried it out or not but there's probably not many videos explaining because...well it's a pretty simplistic style of gameplay.

It's ultimately just point and click. You have your sim(s), you click on an item/building/place, a radial menu comes up and you choose from the options what you want to do. When you create or choose a premade sim, they have 5 traits (romantic, bookworm, hates children, etc) which affect various things like their success with certain skills, their interactions, their moods in certain settings. The most basic of gameplay is of course, get a job and try to complete your sim's lifetime wish before they die, but you can play it any way you want- I usually set my lifespans to epic so my sims never die of old age in a single playthrough, avoid getting a career for them, make a living by doing various odd jobs through town and usually have them do some crazy stuff like be a witch or blowing things up.

You should google 'carl's sims 3 guide' (it goes with your name :p) that has info on pretty much all aspects of the game including some little guides.