PDA

View Full Version : Flight level 1 method tell me if I'm wrong

newb
2015-01-23, 09:05 AM
Please give me your opinion and suggestions on this.

1. Dragon wings. From races of the dragon grants glide
2. Born flyer allows you to be treated as if you have a natural fly speed for purpose of other feats

3. Any feat that grants a bonus to your fly speed.

You should then be able to fly at the speed granted by the third feet.

This probably won't work but on the off chance it does had to ask does it work?

kpumphre
2015-01-23, 09:20 AM
Depending on the Dm this may work. But off the cuff I want to say no.

Necroticplague
2015-01-23, 10:12 AM
Nope, doesn't work. You don't actually have a flight speed, so you have nothing to add to. -+10=-

Though, there is something similarly amusing you can do with that como: Born flyer+hover. Jump into the air, start hovering, jump again, repeat.

WhamBamSam
2015-01-23, 02:24 PM
Nope, doesn't work. You don't actually have a flight speed, so you have nothing to add to. -+10=-

Though, there is something similarly amusing you can do with that como: Born flyer+hover. Jump into the air, start hovering, jump again, repeat.This doesn't work either. Hover specifies "when flying" in its text. It would, amusingly, seem to work even if you lose your fly speed after you start hovering though. Might be noteworthy for Binders trying to fly with Geryon.

If you can get the dragon type you automatically qualify for Improved Dragon Wings thanks to some bad writing in Races of the Dragon, which will give you 30ft average flight. A Dragonwrought Kobold with a flaw is the simplest way that you could get it at 1st level. A Human Sorcerer with Precocious Apprentice (Essence of the Dragon) can get the type for a minute at a time and has another feat open, though making that other feat actually be Improved Dragon Wings probably requires a Psychic Reformation and you will cease to qualify for Improved Dragon Wings when not under the effect of Essence of the Dragon.

kpumphre
2015-01-23, 03:02 PM
This doesn't work either. Hover specifies "when flying" in its text. It would, amusingly, seem to work even if you lose your fly speed after you start hovering though. Might be noteworthy for Binders trying to fly with Geryon.

If you can get the dragon type you automatically qualify for Improved Dragon Wings thanks to some bad writing in Races of the Dragon, which will give you 30ft average flight. A Dragonwrought Kobold with a flaw is the simplest way that you could get it at 1st level. A Human Sorcerer with Precocious Apprentice (Essence of the Dragon) can get the type for a minute at a time and has another feat open, though making that other feat actually be Improved Dragon Wings probably requires a Psychic Reformation and you will cease to qualify for Improved Dragon Wings when not under the effect of Essence of the Dragon.

No you need 6hd for improved dragon wings

Renen
2015-01-23, 03:11 PM
Precious apprentice: alter self!
BOOM!

FocusWolf413
2015-01-23, 03:15 PM
Just be an unseelie fey.

Xerlith
2015-01-23, 03:16 PM
Precocious Apprentice -> Alter Self into an avariel.

EDIT: Damn swordsages.

Necroticplague
2015-01-23, 03:29 PM
No you need 6hd for improved dragon wings

It also requires the dragonblooded subtype, right? Because that's where the editing error that post mentioned comes up: it basically says that dragons automatically qualify for anything that requires the dragonblooded subtype. The intention was "of course dragons have dragonblood", but it reads as "dragons can ignore the rest of the prerequisites for anything that requires dragonblood".

kpumphre
2015-01-23, 04:58 PM
It also requires the dragonblooded subtype, right? Because that's where the editing error that post mentioned comes up: it basically says that dragons automatically qualify for anything that requires the dragonblooded subtype. The intention was "of course dragons have dragonblood", but it reads as "dragons can ignore the rest of the prerequisites for anything that requires dragonblood".

I've read it before. You may be right but where exactly does it say that cause I have a feat to burn right now.

Sian
2015-01-23, 05:39 PM
shape soulmeld (Airstep Sandals)

Necroticplague
2015-01-23, 06:00 PM
I've read it before. You may be right but where exactly does it say that cause I have a feat to burn right now.

Page 4 Races of the Dragon. Look on the sidebar, under "Dragonblood subtype"

Dragons automatically qualify for any classes, prestige classes, racial substitutions levels, feats, powers, or spells that require the dragonblood subtype.

Feint's End
2015-01-23, 06:28 PM
Animal Devotion gives you flight at level 1. And a good one to boot.

Barbarian Horde
2015-01-23, 07:17 PM
Fling Enemy Feat
Fling Ally Feat
This is an alternative to rapid flight.

Jeff the Green
2015-01-23, 08:27 PM
Just be an unseelie fey.

That's not quite destroying beehives with nuclear weapons, but it's close. Like, gassing them with sarin.

FocusWolf413
2015-01-23, 09:38 PM
That's not quite destroying beehives with nuclear weapons, but it's close. Like, gassing them with sarin.

Or hosing them with liquid nitrogen.
I've actually done that... Works wonders.