PDA

View Full Version : 'Smoking' enchant clarification

Shnigda
2015-01-23, 11:38 AM
Hey guys, just wanted some input on the 'smoking' weapon enchant as I'm a little unsure of what it provides.
It says that a cloud of smoke follows you around (smoke is equivalent to the 'Stinking Cloud' spell). It also says that you get 'one-half concealment'.
My question is: what exactly does 'one-half concealment' mean? Does it mean you get a 50% miss chance?
Any clarification would be much appreciated!
Also if it does not provide 50% miss chance, then any low-cost alternatives (my char is only fourth level) that you could suggest would be fantastic!

Jeraa
2015-01-23, 11:44 AM
Hey guys, just wanted some input on the 'smoking' weapon enchant as I'm a little unsure of what it provides.
It says that a cloud of smoke follows you around (smoke is equivalent to the 'Stinking Cloud' spell). It also says that you get 'one-half concealment'.
My question is: what exactly does 'one-half concealment' mean? Does it mean you get a 50% miss chance?
Any clarification would be much appreciated!
Also if it does not provide 50% miss chance, then any low-cost alternatives (my char is only fourth level) that you could suggest would be fantastic!

One-half concealment is a 3.0 term. In 3.5, it is just normal concealment (20% miss chance). A 50% miss chance would be total concealment.

Shnigda
2015-01-23, 11:50 AM
Ah ok, thank you!
In that case, would you suggest sticking with the mithralmist shirt (provides same miss-chance but only 7 uses per day and doesnt follow you around) or getting the smoking enchant as well?