PDA

View Full Version : Destructive Smite?

EvanescentHero
2015-01-23, 05:30 PM
I was looking through the paladin spells to see what options one of my players would have later on. In the paladin spell list is a spell called Destructive Smite which is nowhere to be found in the actual descriptions of spells; the only spell starting with "destructive" is Destructive Wave, which is also a fifth-level spell. Is the spell just listed wrong in the paladin spell list?

Alucard2099
2015-01-23, 06:02 PM
I was looking through the paladin spells to see what options one of my players would have later on. In the paladin spell list is a spell called Destructive Smite which is nowhere to be found in the actual descriptions of spells; the only spell starting with "destructive" is Destructive Wave, which is also a fifth-level spell. Is the spell just listed wrong in the paladin spell list?

This was, in fact, renamed Destructive Wave for the official release. It was called Destructive smite in the Alpha.

I have NO IDEA why it remains incorrect in the official release of the PHB

EvanescentHero
2015-01-23, 06:23 PM
This was, in fact, renamed Destructive Wave for the official release. It was called Destructive smite in the Alpha.

I have NO IDEA why it remains incorrect in the official release of the PHB

That's what I figured. They probably renamed it because it didn't fit with the "Smite" subsect of paladin spells, but forgot in one place. Oops!