PDA

View Full Version : Shark Cultist build

j_spencer93
2015-01-23, 07:15 PM
Have a player interested in this class from Dragon 315, but i can not really decide how to build it. It seems to be a melee, shapeshifting, berserker with 1/2 spell progression. And ideas how to make it a worthwhile build?
Um and its sharkshape ability says you can turn into a large shark, then huge, and then just vaguely says a dire shark. is that ANY dire shark (dire megalado)? or only the base dire shark? or...a dire large or huge shark?

Karl Aegis
2015-01-23, 07:23 PM
How often is turning into a shark going to be relevant? If the campaign isn't underwater most of the time I don't really see the point.

Being able to turn into a Dire Shark counting as being able to turn into a Dire Megaladon makes about as much sense as an ability that lets you turn into a Dire Bear letting you turn into a Dire Cow. It doesn't make much sense beyond both creatures have "Dire" in their name.

j_spencer93
2015-01-23, 07:27 PM
well shark isnt a defined game term, and a megalodon is a shark. I really do not see how that doesnt make sense. The main point was, does the ability only allow dire large or huge sharks or any dire shark? and ya if you aren't in water it wouldn't really matter (unless you want to be a massive motionless target).
So you would only allow it to change into a creature with shark in its name, or so that is how i am understanding you response.
EDIT: After reading the Megalodon page i would have to say no game wise either way, since in game it is never even called a shark.

And a cow isn't a bear and vice versa so that was a poor example. A megalodon is a shark.

j_spencer93
2015-01-23, 07:32 PM
well to throw a wrench into the mix, i use pathfinder bestiaries over our monster manuals usually and in the pathfinder game it is. Dire Shark (Megalodon) is its entry...