PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Custom Class - WoW Warlock - w/Talent Point system

Silvestrae
2015-01-23, 08:34 PM
I made this in mid 2010 but have never shared it... Its a World of Warcraft Warlock for 3.5.

Includes spells, summons, talent point system, etc... plays as closely to an actual WoW warlock as I could.
Some of It's not my material.. you'll see some pages added from the Warcraft RPG system and a table from Expanded Psionics etc..

It is complete but I'm no longer actively working on this class.

If this is the kind of thing youre interested in - enjoy!
I havent play tested it (Was going to but life got in the way and eventually I just moved onto other things.

https://www.mediafire.com/?z3acwppd52f0clc

TheSethGrey
2015-01-24, 12:36 PM
Interesting, what made you decide to create your own Warlock class instead of using the Arcanist Path from the 2nd edition core rules?

Silvestrae
2015-01-24, 09:32 PM
That's just my MO..
I tend to make a lot of custom classes (1 new one to play in wach campaign)

I make then to replicate something I enjoy, anime characters, game characters etc. - this one replicates the World of Warcraft warlock.

When I work on them I compile as much info I can from playing, web wikis etc and start putting it all together.
I also like things being as close to the original as possible, so I generally dont enjoy making a character that immitates the goal by using exisitng material (unless it is close to exactly the same lol)

Last reason is that as a 'youngin' I came into dnd 10 years ago in 3rd edition days. While I did play ad&d a total of 3 times it was as an intro to dnd in my early teens and i dont really remember much about it.

TheSethGrey
2015-01-24, 10:08 PM
When I work on them I compile as much info I can from playing, web wikis etc and start putting it all together.
I also like things being as close to the original as possible, so I generally dont enjoy making a character that immitates the goal by using exisitng material (unless it is close to exactly the same lol)

That's wonderfully fine, I just like to know the reasons as it's pretty obvious you had knowledge of the wow rpg, and so I knew the reasons had to be more then, "I wanted to make the Warlock from wow in 3.5" I really like what you did with the Talent system, kind of want to try this out now next time I play 3.5, but I really like the layout, how did you do that?

Silvestrae
2015-01-26, 01:08 AM
That's wonderfully fine, I just like to know the reasons as it's pretty obvious you had knowledge of the wow rpg, and so I knew the reasons had to be more then, "I wanted to make the Warlock from wow in 3.5" I really like what you did with the Talent system, kind of want to try this out now next time I play 3.5, but I really like the layout, how did you do that?

You mean the structure of the document? or the way its hyper-linked throughout or?