PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help With Druid

Azura Vash
2015-01-24, 06:54 AM
Ok so I have a lvl10 druid and I am limited to PHB & DMG as well as MM1 I might be able to get permission to use another book i have to ask though

I am wanting to know is there anyway to improve the druids wild shape
and anyway to help buff up my companion (megaraptor) or anything in general to help me be better in combat

eggynack
2015-01-24, 07:46 AM
There's not all that much for wild shape in core. There's natural spell, of course, and you should take that, but beyond that it's mostly down to relatively weak feats like multiattack and improved natural attack. For the companion, I suppose there's always greater magic fang, and animal growth is always great. For combat ability, it's mostly down to spell selection.

The best available options at each level, aside from those mentioned, include control winds, wall of thorns, and maybe baleful polymorph at 5th, dispel magic, freedom of movement, and possibly spike stones at 4th, sleet storm, stone shape, plant growth, and occasionally wind wall at 3rd, I guess summon swarm, fog cloud, and gust of wind are decent at 2nd, entangle and obscuring mist at 1st, and cure minor wounds, create water, and detect magic at 0th.

Beyond that, you should try to be familiar with the summoning list. Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?255219-The-Summoner-s-Desk-Reference-D-amp-D-3-5) a relatively simple guide on the topic that covers all available summoning options. With the aforementioned stuff, you should do rather well, because druids are awesome.