PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Looking for a Feat for early entry to Prestige Class

Wacky89
2015-01-24, 08:50 AM
So I'm looking for this feat a friend of mine used on one of his characters to early entry to a prestige class that required knowledge skill rank X.
The feat basically let him put one extra rank in knowledge skills, does any1 have any idea what it is?

Darrin
2015-01-24, 09:46 AM
So I'm looking for this feat a friend of mine used on one of his characters to early entry to a prestige class that required knowledge skill rank X.
The feat basically let him put one extra rank in knowledge skills, does any1 have any idea what it is?

Two feats, actually. Favored and Primary Contact, both found in Cityscape.

Wacky89
2015-01-24, 11:01 AM
Two feats, actually. Favored and Primary Contact, both found in Cityscape.

Those 2 I knew about, it was another feat that specifically only worked with knowledge skills. It was probably from one of the books from Dragonlance/Eberron/Kalamar

Mehangel
2015-01-24, 10:03 PM
It isnt really RAW, but I allow players to take 'Jack of All Trades' from Complete Adventurer multiple times, each time granting 1/2 skill ranks in all skills. Thus if you take it twice, you would get 1 rank in all skills.. Again, it isnt RAW, but if a player is willing to waste 2 feats for 1 skill rank in all skills, I have no problem with it..

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-01-24, 10:10 PM
Probably not what you had in mind, but Bloodline levels (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm) don't increase your character level, including when determining how much xp you get per encounter and how much more you need to gain your next level, but they do increase your max skill ranks, among other things.