PDA

View Full Version : Index Reincarnation Wars: The Well Of Souls

ArlEammon
2015-01-24, 03:20 PM
It's the year 2016, in the month of February, the fifth. The invitation was given. There were around thirty guests in the massive lounge, his house was at least twelve thousand square feet, not a joke. This didn't even quite include the second floor. The massive lounge, which was really the hall way, was spacious enough to hold the entire party. The billionaire, Mister Goode, was well known as the somewhat reclusive occupant of the Goode Estate, along with it's immense fortune of billions and billions of dollars. All that's known of Mister Goode's fortune is that he paid to be hid from the Forbe's List of billionaires. Mister Goode, sent his ten million dollar invitation to every participant in the guest invitation. Food was currently being consumed, the wine was a kind of delicate wine normally only served to folk who were millionaires or even better.

Delicacies and even more mundane feasts were being consumed no matter how expensive or cheap, as long as it sated the appetite and taste buds of Mister Goode's guests. Suddenly, Frederick Goodeman left the room, several minutes later it was time for the servants to leave. The music stopped, and it was time for Frederick to unveil the payments, reading, fifty million dollars. Five times larger than the promised amount, written on a white marker board in front of the amazed crowd to see. Furthermore, however, he had an announcement to make.

"Okay, ladies, gentlemen, may I have more of your attention please. I understand that you are all amazed that a total stranger would just give all of you so much cash for free. There is something very important to tell you about the money you are receiving. If you were wondering if there was a catch, I wouldn't say that. There is, however, further news you must know before you can understand what's going on."

"All of you are in mortal danger." His voice grew serious. "You will need both this money and more to secure yourselves." A mysterious golden ray of light pierced the ceiling and filled everyone in the room with a golden aura. "This is the Awakening."
He stated clearly. Memories of the other Souls filled your bodies. The feel of power and energies permeated every sense of your being. You all knew what was happening was reality, and you knew that whatever was happening was life altering, and world altering, forever.

"There are powers of pure evil at work. We must set about to correct the assault on the universe that is claiming the lives and freedoms of people in many corners of the Planar Spheres." He states. "I'm sorry I couldn't give you all a more awesome induction into your positions as the Primary Ego, but this is all I can do."

Your souls begin to speak to each other, then to you. "Listen and speak amongst yourselves. Your new brain room mates can confirm what I"m saying is true.

There are mysterious powers at work. Some of them have altered time and space across enormous spans of planar territory. Leeching off life forces, energy sources people depend on, and even people, sometimes warlords would rise and conquer empires that were galactic, literally. More dire fates awaited everything and everyone if nothing was done to stop this crisis.

Of course, there would still be more questions to ask. Goodeman was waiting.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-24, 05:22 PM
Sophie snorts in derision and pushes away from the table. "Yeah, **** that noise," she says. "I'm only here because you said you would give us cash up front. Not because of any of this pseudo-mystical bull****. I'm out."

Now, now, that's not a very nice thing to say, is it?

"...The ****?"

Yeah, I thought adults were supposed to be better than the thoughts going through your head right now.

Obviously, you two kids don't know the right kind of adults.

Or the wrong kind, Kincaid.

She rounds on Goodeman, snarling. "What the hell did you just do to us? Did you just drive us crazy?"

KTW_Girl
2015-01-24, 05:29 PM
Alice surged with power. In all her life she had had feelings of being powerful, but nothing compared to this. It felt like a white hot star was burning in her body, pumping the rawest essence of magic through her body.

Wh-whats going on here

Rejoice. You have been called to a higher purpose. My name is Artoria Pendragon, of the Saber Servant class. It is a pleasure to meet you, Master.

Hello! I'm Rias! Oh, is that my adorable pawn I see over there?

Hey, what color underwear do you have on? Because this Helen chick won't show me hers.

Laughter fills Alice's head. They're all very lively, aren't they? Ah, I almost forgot to introduce myself! I am Nia Teppelin, daughter of the Spiral King. I look forward to working with you.

I am the robber Queen Miria! Tales of my deeds have spread across the continent by now, haven't they?

Q'telun
2015-01-24, 05:39 PM
Richard, while all that shenanigananry is going on, has collapsed to the floor. Arcs of green fire erupt from his body in random spasms as his soul ignites in a blaze of passion. The souls project around him, each supporting him in his head.

Steady on there kid! The name's Simon, this'll pass in a second.

EMIYA, of the Archer class.

Issei Hyodo, mid-class demon, rank 8 Pawn, and aspiring harem king!

Captain Harlock of the Arcadia. Are you prepared for this fight?

Lieutenant Colonel Jack Churchill of her Majesty's Army, reporting as fit for duty, sir! Anyone got a sword? I feel naked without one.

The Hound of Ulster. Prove yourself worthy of that title.

With a little help from inner strength, Richard stands. He opens his eyes, which now bear the telltale signs of spiral power overload, and grins. "Heh, overwhelming odds, mysterious forces, and unstoppable evil? I'll take em all on!"

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-24, 05:47 PM
Jason's apprehension at Mister Goodeman's proclamation of danger and the appearance of the strange golden light was swiftly drowned out by an anguished wail that originated inside his head, the shriek of a terrified child.

Almost unnoticed beneath the child's scream was another Soul's furious indignation at his new condition. That is, until Loki realized that he could not control the body he was inhabiting, at which point his mental scream of rage was enough to startle the terrified child into silence.

The child whimpered. Four other Souls mentally glared at Loki. Otherwise, the inside of Jason's head was mercifully silent.

Dimly, he became aware that everything that had previously been on the table in front of him was now gone, apparently knocked off the other side of the table and onto the floor. He was not aware of how it had happened, although some of the less-distracted guests would have seen that it was the result of a telekinetic outburst.

"... Uh," Jason said, catching his breath, "That was... some catch!"

darklink_shadow
2015-01-24, 08:06 PM
The food was delicious, and the Tom was very pleased with his life at the moment. Then the promise of money was reinforced and he patted his overfilled but still small stomach.

The rich man spoke some gibberish about the universe or something... but, Tom never had any intention of buying whatever it was he was selling. Odd way of doing business, giving out millions to bring in ... ah, but who cares. Take the money and go home. That's what Tom was gonna do. Yessiree.

Thomas? Thomas Morgan?

It's just Tom, is it pleases you, sir.

I am Professor Charles Xavier. I have joined minds with yours. My soul and yours have united into one being.

Is that so. Mmm... what? What are you talking about?! Who... what... I feel funny. My head is swimming... so many thoughts.

It's going to be fine. Listen to me Tom. We need to work together. All seven of us.

S-s-seven?

Да. Я Ленина, лидер российского, величайшим народом в мире.

Eh, yes. Well, I am Khelben Arunsun. The... well, one of the exleaders of ... wel, such a land like you could not imagine. My powers are far beyond anything you could fathom. I see I do not have motor control over this mortal body. That's no matter. I have master both silent and still spells. I will be silent a moment. I must see my city and see how it fares.

So, I am Gurney Halleck. My world is beyond aid from here. And I'm sure it fares well enough. This world is in trouble. I am yours. I have more skill with the blade than any of these fine gentleman.

Is that so? I am quite skilled with the blade too, and not just your plain swords. I am ... Death. You may call me Zobek. And I am your greatest ally.

I am Captain Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the USS Enterprise. My tactical acumen, and experiance are yours. We must save this world.

Этот мир нуждается в коммунизм! Единство! Заказать! Благословения мира и процветания единого мира!

Well, a noble enough goal.

Make it so.

Well... I... well... I need some wine.

Tom reached for it, but Xavier had it float into his hands. He drank deeply, and listened to the chatter in his head.

What hath we wrought? Mr. Goodman, what have you done to me?

XIII
2015-01-24, 08:25 PM
Lucas stood absolutely still, memories and so much more flooded into his mind and body. He felt the undeniable power of death fill him up. Everyone in the room became less and less human, and more of a tool for his personal use. His muscles twitched with new memories, shifting and morphing inside. Mystique's abilities course through him, he was no longer bound to one form. He could feel and see the tears in space and time, they were his to use. Immense physical power, speed, and skill were now his. Masterminds, assassins, and more. Their cumulative experience now his to command. Suddenly, the lights were supernovas and Lucas for the first time lost his composure, clasping his eyes in pain.

Richard B. Riddick: And now, you see what I see.... Everything.

Artemis Entreri: ........

Mystique: ..... Hahahaha! What fun this mind is, hello boys.

Jonathan Teatime: Oh, how very drôle! I must say, the company in here is excellent!

Griffin O'Conner: It is seriously f*cking terrifying in here. Where did you find these people!? They're worse than the Paladins!

Richard Kuklinski: Hahahaha, the hunt is on again! Look at all the meat!

Lucas' eyes slowly adjust to the intense light. He realizes through Riddick what has happened to his eyes. And he was right, he could see everything.
Griffin certainly didn't belong... Everyone here was more or less in the same line of business... Lucas wondered how Griffin fit in to this little group. He certainly brought interesting abilities, and he knew how to hide himself and wait to strike. No matter, they were now one and Lucas could sense that there was a lot of work to be done.

Lucas' new perception on life was daunting. Everything around him was a weapon. Everyone around him was either an asset, or a liability.

The world was in danger and only one thing came to mind, "Not my fight." But self preservation came first, fun was a very close second. If someone was going to try and end him, he was going to have fun with it.

ArlEammon
2015-01-24, 09:31 PM
Tal Kalessil looked around his inhabitation. "Ah, I for one, have no idea how I got here. I am the god of magic, and never should have been torn from my Sphere. But I suppose that from Mister Goode's explanations, the fact of the matter is that I am only one of many creatures pulled into one mortal vessel."

The Creator looked around also. "Well, I have time to atone for my many misdeeds during my insanity against the Blue Planet. It is good I seeded the universe with life, but I should not have attempted to wipe out the Blue Planet. Now, however, that the Primary Ego is here, I can be pooled into his many forms in order to protect a much larger span of worlds."

Magnus also looked around the small dimensional world in Jacob's mind. "Ah. Nice place he has here. There's more than enough imagination and fascination of the mysterious to please me here for a mortal. Not enough science and things like that to take advantage of the world he lived in though. Still more than satisfactory. I'm Magnus, the god of Magic. You know it to be true".

Ken Addams looked around the area. "Whoah, this is all Pre-War Conditions? I tried to enter Blue Mountain and found myself here. I've been here for a long time and I still don't believe how beautiful the decor is in here. I know it's just inside a guy's head, but it's even a lot better than the Ultra Lux'es Hotel Suite. I'm the Courier, as you guys call me. I'm good with guns, science, medicine and just about anything that's worth while. I'm glad that we could all help out. This new bad guy sounds pretty bad".

Lavos just screamed, but Jacob understood everything he said. "Oh. . . .I see. . . So you're real then, and apparently smarter than just an animal." Alexander the Great was the last to speak. "So. . . you and I are the same man? Highly odd. But I'm here. The greatest military mind many have ever known. I am happy there are infinite worlds left to conquer."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-24, 09:43 PM
With a little help from inner strength, Richard stands. He opens his eyes, which now bear the telltale signs of spiral power overload, and grins. "Heh, overwhelming odds, mysterious forces, and unstoppable evil? I'll take em all on!"

"Are you out of your friggin' gourd?" Sophie shouts, rounding on the other man. "How can you be so gung-ho about suddenly finding out that we have to fight for our lives against some 'power of pure evil', apparently using the powers of..."

She pauses for a few seconds, looking like she's listening to nothing, become continuing, "A magical girl, someone who can literally see death, a ****ing JAPANESE BATTLESHIP, someone calling themselves the 'Railgun', and a goddamn assassin? Who were all apparently us?"

Q'telun
2015-01-24, 09:56 PM
"Are you out of your friggin' gourd?" Sophie shouts, rounding on the other man. "How can you be so gung-ho about suddenly finding out that we have to fight for our lives against some 'power of pure evil', apparently using the powers of..."

She pauses for a few seconds, looking like she's listening to nothing, become continuing, "A magical girl, someone who can literally see death, a ****ing JAPANESE BATTLESHIP, someone calling themselves the 'Railgun', and a goddamn assassin? Who were all apparently us?"

"Because I've done it before. Apparently." Here Richard grins cockily. "I mean, if I can beat the Grail, beat the anti-spirals, charge Normandy with a bagpipe, tame a dragon, guard the borders of Ulster, and take on the combined forces of Earth and Apathy, I'm pretty sure a job like this'll be easy! Specially with cute girls around like her." He points at Alice.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-24, 09:58 PM
"Because I've done it before. Apparently." Here Richard grins cockily. "I mean, if I can beat the Grail, beat the anti-spirals, charge Normandy with a bagpipe, tame a dragon, guard the borders of Ulster, and take on the combined forces of Earth and Apathy, I'm pretty sure a job like this'll be easy! Specially with cute girls around like her." He points at Alice.

Alice is astonished. "Simon? Issei? Shirou? Misaka?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-24, 10:01 PM
Ask her who she is! Is it Kuroko? Touma? Who? Ask her already!

"...Yes?"

Q'telun
2015-01-24, 10:05 PM
RIAS! GRAB HER BREASTS, I NEED TO FEEL THEM!

NIA!

Saber.

Richard looks like he might cry. "Been a while, huh, Nia. Rias. Saber, sorry. Its not Shirou. Its Archer."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-24, 10:09 PM
"...Yes?"

Richard looks like he might cry. "Been a while, huh, Nia. Rias. Saber, sorry. Its not Shirou. Its Archer."

Close enough.

Alice starts to break down a little, and nods. "Y-yeah." She sniffs and dries her eyes. "Its Saten-san, Misaka. I could do that thing I do to Uiharu to prove it, if you want."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-24, 10:32 PM
Sophie looks hesitant to reply, but, after wrestling internally with herself for several beats, says, "Saten-san...it's me. This really sounds like something out of your urban legends, doesn't it?"

She bows her head, sniffling. "I... really wanted to be cool for this, but... ah, I think it's started to rain."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-24, 10:37 PM
Alice laughs. "Yeah, it really does, doesn't it. And geeze you think I'm gonna think any less of the Ace of Tokiwadai, the third strongest Esper, just because she cries a little?"

Q'telun
2015-01-24, 11:02 PM
Richard throws an arm around Sophie and Alice. "Not all so bad, is it? We're meeting old friends, and making new ones too!" He gives them both a broad grin. "So, we'll kick these things asses, and be back in time for Christmas!"

darklink_shadow
2015-01-24, 11:14 PM
What on Earth? What is everyone jabbering on about? Who are you people? What have you done to my mind?

Tom stood up, clutching his dinner knife, when suddenly an instinct took hold of him, and he dropped the knife to wriggle his fingers. Suddenly a 7ft blackened staff appeared in his hands, and he held it like one would hold a warhammer. A muttering in a strange rasping, draconic tongue, and a might, vicious curved blade sprung from the clawed tip of the staff, forming a strange scythe.

Aii! Tom called out in surprise, before dropping the staff.

Be careful with that, fool! It contains raw arcane energies, the likes of which is unrivaled, even in my own world of Faerûn! Nay, all of the Forgotten Realms, if not all of the planes!

Трус. Vladimir Lenin muttered in his native tongue.

The staff lifted itself up, as Xavier grasped it with his mind. Tom wrested control of his tongue back, but found he had nothing to say but, I need something stronger than wine...

DoctorFaust
2015-01-24, 11:22 PM
"No, I guess not." She sniffs a few more times, and then wipes her eyes on the back of her sleeve. "I mean, I did enough stuff back in Academy City that if you would ever have thought less of me, it would've been back then."

Just before Robert wraps the two of them in a hug, her voice cracks slightly and returns to normal. "I'm not sure I share your optimism, even if a few of my other's do. I mean, hell, one of the voices is telling me about the time they killed a future, and I still don't think we should be this blaise about the situation."

Q'telun
2015-01-24, 11:25 PM
"If there's no hope, no future, then we'll just keep digging. Because thats..."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-24, 11:25 PM
"The Team Dai-Gurren way!" Alice gives Richard a shy smile. "In addition to all those other people, um, I'm Alice."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-24, 11:27 PM
"What the hell is Team Dai-Gurren? Sophie, by the way."

Q'telun
2015-01-24, 11:30 PM
Richard looks mock offended. "The reputation of Team Dai-Gurren echoes throughout the universe! When they talk about the man who fought despair with his fists and won, they're talking about the fearless leader of Dai-Gurren! Which would be Simon. I'm Richard."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-24, 11:34 PM
"They spout a bunch of BS, but its BS anyone can get behind." She nods, then breaks down in a fit of giggles. "But are apparently no match for the fearless Occult Research club! Or survivors of the Fifth Grail War!" She laughs again. "O-Oh dear, they're fighting in my head now..."

darklink_shadow
2015-01-24, 11:42 PM
Tom slumped back into his chair. They've all gone mad. We've been poisoned. Or worse. Maybe it is just me who is mad. Maybe I'm a loon. Oh dear God, is this real? They are speaking in tongues now. Die Gorrila Logan? What does that even mean.

Tom found more wine in his grasp and he drank it. A bottle floated over and refilled his cup. Madness. A bunch of loons. Tom mutter.

What a sorry excuse for a man. Shape up. We've got a world to save.

Or conquer....

Oh dear...

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 12:02 AM
Richard points at Tom with an appropriate amount of drama. "D-ai Gu-rr-en. And its rude not to introduce yourself before insulting a three man team of this caliber!"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 12:05 AM
"Even if only one of them is a man," Sophie remarks.

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 12:07 AM
"Oh good, I thought you were going to protest against joining us." Richard gives Sophie a dazzlingly wide grin. "You seemed like one of those characters who says the opposite of what they actually feel. Uh, what was it again? Tsun... Tsun... Tsundara? Tsunjira? Tsun..."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 12:14 AM
Sophie smiles humorlessly at Richard, saying, "I-t's not like I'm doing this for you or anything, b-b-baka. If Alice wasn't Saten, I wouldn't even be considering this. But as it stands, you seem to be one of the saner ones, even if you are, well, stupidly over the top, and I used to know who she used to be. Ugh, god, the tenses that this situation requires is going to be hell."

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 12:27 AM
"Easier just not to think about it. Too confusing. But, I want to try something." He steps back and cracks his neck before intoning, "I am the bone of my sword. Caladbolg." A sword that coils into a spiral appears in Richard's hand. "Interesting."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-25, 12:34 AM
Alice looks at the newly projected sword longingly. "I wish I had my sword. Or something to eat. Oh look, food." She wanders off for a moment, then comes back with a plate loaded high with various delicacies, and begins eating like she hasn't eaten since the Battle of Camlann

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 12:41 AM
"Hey, that gives me an idea." Sophie smiles mischievously, and flicks a hand towards Richard. A yellow ribbon appears in the air between them, latching onto Richard's sword hand, and, when she pulls her arm back in, tugs on his as well.

"Oh." Sophie's smile widens, and she flings an arm back towards the table. Unfortunately, this time her aim is off, and instead of grabbing the wine glass that she was intending to, the ribbon knocks it over and spills the purple liquid over the tablecloth. "Huh. I, uh, guess I got a bit ahead of myself."

The more psychically inclined can hear a sudden soft sobbing coming from Sophie's direction.

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 12:59 AM
Richard lets the sword dissipate into nothingness. "Blade."

"Blade!"

And then a beautiful sword appears in his right hand, something worthy of slaying dragons. He grins even wider this time. "Damn shame I can't really test out Simon's powers yet. But, I'm good with these for the moment!"

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-25, 01:36 AM
From his chair further down the table, Jason watched the antics of Richard, Alice, and Sophie with interest. At first, it seemed like Richard had completely lost his mind, but then Sophie (who had previously responded sanely to the situation) and Alice both began to speak strangely, as though someone else were speaking through them.

They are, one of Jason's Souls told him. He knew not which one, and was not pleased to be reminded that he, too, was subject to this madness.

Suddenly Tom conjured a weapon out of thin air, changed its form, and dropped it. Jason stared. What. Another Soul commented in his mind, equally baffled. Jason could sense the astonishment of another, and the amusement of a fourth. The fifth was still fuming.

Where am I? What's going on?! cried the frightened child. Then she saw Tom's wineglass levitate into his hand, and belatedly recalled the randomly-appearing weapon as well. AH! He's a witch! she shrieked in horror, A real witch!

Oh dear, said the first voice, No, child, he is not a witch, and he cannot harm you. You're very safe in here.

I don't understand, what's going on?!

"That's what I'd like to know," Jason growled, responding out loud to the voices in his head. Meanwhile, the conversation between Richard, Alice and Sophie continued. And suddenly, they were summoning objects out of thin air as well! "Oh lookie, more 'witches'!"

Not helping, warned the second voice; simultaneously, another also exclaimed, Not helping! Meanwhile, the first voice was trying - unsuccessfully - to calm the child. Jason's head started to throb with pain.

Be silent, you mewling brat! the angry one snapped.

"Shut up, all of you!" Jason screamed at the voices, clutching his head.

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 01:48 AM
"I would like it noted that I am not in fact, a witch. Actually, what am I, Archer?"

Technically, a magus. I don't know how, but you're a magus.

"I am a magus. Which is totally different than a witch."

thethird
2015-01-25, 04:04 AM
Booker didn't pay much attention to the narrative of the dinner. For his part he was filling the plastic bags in his rented suit with some food. He has done so in almost ritualistic maner. Tasting a little from each plate before taking souvenirs. Souvenirs that will hopefully keep him properly fed for at least another day.

When Goode broke the news he just looked baffled. The golden light was just icing.

Note to self: I don't like unexplained events.

A chorus of voices inside his mind agreed. Which was weird. Because he normally kept his internal selfconversations quiet, unless something was particularly stressful. In the past when he had talked to himself it had always been a dialogue, two voices, there were more than he remembered.

What's going on?

Getting a clear answer took some time. Everyone was trying to convey their words at the same time. It took some focus to clear out what was going on. The first thing that Booker realized was that they were conversing at the speed of thought, and words weren't truly necessary they could convey concepts, emotions, images. The second thing he realized was that he was probably insane in the membrane. The third was that he should have realized the second before the first. Deciding to screw it and flow with the madness he decided to color code his thoughts for his convenience.

That was probably some sort of reincarnation magic pulling our souls together into one body.
My body.
No, it's something else. I can't feel the previous avatars. Raava?

He felt a light. How do you actually feel a light without seeing it is complicated. It would be more accurate to say that he felt a sensation close enough to what you would feel by being for too much time out in the dark when you finally get to the fireplace. It was reassuring.

Wow, that's a powerful fury.
What's a fury?
That is fury.

Booker was certain that one of his flickers of imagination was rolling its eyes. Which one was hard to tell.

Whatever. It appears that what is happening only reincarnated me. Which is weird. Because I'm the Avatar. Or was the Avatar. And that... wait I'll show you Really fast images of Korra's life surfaced on Booker's mind, then he saw Ang's and from there well back too Raava.

Don't do that again.
Correction: Don't do that again without warning. Thank you Korra, nice to meet/know you.
No problem.
Can you all do that?.
Maybe, I don't think that crafting really does that.
No.
Korra?
It's an Avatar thing, but you all are me. Or you, Booker, as you want to call it. I can probably help.

The next moments passed with Booker's eyes closed retelling the lives of his previous souls. Getting to know them. Getting to understand them. Getting to be them. When he actively thought again they understood each other. Perhaps they weren't one, as close as one, but they were a Team, they would work together.

Naruto I expected you to be more talky, considering your childhood.
Yeah, I can see the expectation. People would say I don't think too much, though, so it evens out.
The whole quorum inside Booker's mind smirked.
Okay, then, let's get moving. Tavi you are the general, advice?
We need intel.
Every soul noded, how they did so without a phisical body was left to the imagination.
Bishop, you are the cop.
If Naruto, we, can replicate ourselves we could use that, get a clone moving.
That's sound, do you think our thoughts will reach it?
They should. Kurama's certainly have done in the past.
Cool. Tavi once we get the clone can you hide it?
Some metalcrafting and watercrafting to hide the thoughts, some air crafting to turn him invisible. Easy.
Why limit ourselves to one set of eyes?
Good thinking. Let's do this.

Booker's hands moved under the table, they formed really fast seals with mastery born out of practice. Then suddenly in a puff of smoke there was another eight Bookers. They dressed the same way. They were the same. They even thought the same. And as they had appeared they disappeared without trace.

Four of them moved fast across the room, going through the windows and climbing atop the room. There they would sit and observe the vastness outside. The other four would sneak around the manor trying to learn something new and useful.

"I am a magus. Which is totally different than a witch."

"I'm just Booker by the way. And for the record, I'm not a witch either.

Sønderjye
2015-01-25, 07:15 AM
"Powers of pure evil? Assault on the universe?" Will repeated. Goodeman didn't make any sense.

A wave of suspecion hit him. There must be something he's not telling me, he thought, noticing himself frowning. He looked at the cake he had been about to eat when Goodeman started his speech and a memory hit him.
He was standing bent over a corpse. Of a friend. A close friend. The face was swollen and it was obvious that he had been poisoned.
Will's frown deepend, this was definitely his memory but he couldn't remember when it should have happened or the name of the friend. He left the cake on the table and suddenly realised that he didn't knew anyone in the room. They were strangers and his mother had taught him that stranger's couldn't be trusted. His right eyeball turned inwards and looked at everyone in the room. Feeling trapped in the middle of the room he instinctively ran towards the door.

And suddenly found himself outside the house in the garden. The noice from within the house had disappeared but oddly there was no sound at all. Looking around the leaves wasn't moving as well.

Then anger hit him. A inresitable urge to destroy everything. He turned towards a nearby tree. An memory of starving to death hit him. He slammed his fist into the tree. A horror-like version of a wolf slid his throat. SLAM. Death by drowning. SLAM. Death by dehydration. SLAM. Skin being melted off by lava. SLAM. Memory. SLAM. Memory. SLAM. SLAM. SLAM...
Exhausted and a little sore on the knuckled he stopped and looked at the tree. It was flying! Or rather, he corrected himself, the upper part was flowing but the middle part was gone. It was as if the tree hadn't noticed that nothing was holding it up yet. Furious that he wasn't able to proporly destroy things he turned to Goodeman's mansion. It was his fault! I'll kill him!

Then a was of cold struck him. No, killing wouldn't be sufficient. I'll do to him what I did to Ichigo. I'll change the memories of his loved ones and make him believe that he's insane. As the plan formd in his head he realised that he were lacking his book of the end, his fullbringer. Maybe he'll give away how I'll get it back, he thought and ran inside the building.

He found everything still and exactly how things was when he left it. People were standing the same place, their arm positions was the same and some looked like they were about to finish the sentense they had started before he left. He took a deep breath and allowed time to return to normal. Outside the noice of the tree-earth contact was heard.

He walked towards Goodeman at normal human speed and with a innocent smile, the 14-year old boy asked "How do we get our things? My wand and my bookmark?

darklink_shadow
2015-01-25, 10:11 AM
Tom looks woefully at Richard when he us called rude, but he simply drinks more wine. However, he puts the glass down after emptying it's contains. I am Tom Morgan, I write under the pen name Douglas Haverford, and I am an author of no great, but also no small renown. I am also apparently now also some brainy pychic named Charles Xavier, a master of arms named Gurney Halleck, a starship captain named Jean-Luc Picard., a wizard who prefers the designation Blackstaff, the ever famous Vladimir Lenin, and also death incarnate. Half of my mind apologizes for the insult, the other half is unimpressed. And I need even more wine after saying that. Now, who in the blazes are you? Because I'm too loony not to believe whatever I'm told right now.

The voices raged, but Tom already learned how to keep them out of the part of his mind that controlled his body. Most of them wanted a better introduction. Some of them thought Tom was still rude. Some of them wanted Tom to not give out any information about himself without need. All of then wanted to talk.

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 12:11 PM
Lenin? So he's a stinking commie then? Ask him how he feels about Stalin's work

First name only. Treat him like an enemy Servant. Knowing who we are only lets him know our powers.

"I'm the man who believes in the clear blue sky. I'm me, Richard."

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-25, 01:13 PM
Sorry about the migraine, guys. That came from me. The voice was deeply apologetic.

Here, this should help, spoke a voice Jason had sensed, but not yet heard. Like the child, this one was distinctly female.

At first, nothing happened. Thanks, I feel much better, Loki sarcasmed. The child started weeping.

After a few seconds delay, shadow-stuff appeared around Jason's head, muting all sound from outside his head to a level that was barely audible, and shrouding his vision against the harsh lights - although, oddly, he could still see perfectly. To the outside world, it appeared as though a ball of darkness had suddenly enveloped his entire head. This is not how this spell is designed to be used, but it will suffice. Is this accursed head pain going to be a frequent occurrence?

Unfortunately, yes. Although... wait, if we're inhabiting this kid's body, I can't be the source of the migraine. That doesn't make sense.

I don't get migraines! Jason snarled. While the shadow-stuff prevented additional pain from being triggered by light and sound, the headache itself continued unabated.

Look, we'll figure it out later, okay?

It seems that we have a lot to figure out.
And here I thought you actually knew what was going on.
Sorry to disappoint.
We should start with names. Names are helpful. Mine's Ned, what're yours? Ned interjected quickly, hoping to forestall any further caustic remarks. His nervousness was palpable.
I am Loki. Soon you will all bow before me!
Err...
Yeah, that's not going to happen.
I bow before no one - least of all a man.
Ignore him.
NAMES! Ned's voice held an edge of panic.
Alright, we get it! Calm down.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 01:19 PM
"You're still talking nonsense," Sophie says. "The man who believes in the clear blue sky? What do you believe in when it's overcast?"

She twitches her fingers again, dispelling the ribbons. "And obviously neither of you are witches. I've fought witches before, and they're a lot taller than either of you are. Freakier, as well. Some of them look like great giant worms with mouths full of sharp teeth that can..."

"Oh."

"Oh, jesus."

Sophie's knees give out from under her, and she tumbles to the floor. "Jesus Christ," she whispers. "We died. All of us died. We really died."

thethird
2015-01-25, 01:27 PM
Booker snatches another piece of food eating it non chalantly. His eyes are closed, concentrating in the clones who are drawing from his knowledge as a farseer to well... see. When she hears Sophie falling to the ground he opens them. He looks at her.

"Everybody dies. For the most part it's a matter of time."

That's probably the less helpful comment you can make in this situation.
You should help.

Booker sighs, and nods as if to himself.

"I'm sorry for that, getting used to this... takes effort. But if you are in pain I can help. I can heal." He looked towards Jason who seemed to be in pain tooo. "Same offer."

There were after all three capable healers inside him.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 02:05 PM
"No... no pain." Sophie mutters, desperately pawing at her pockets. "I just... remembered..."

She looks up, eyes glistening. "She was fifteen when she was killed. Her last memory was of watching her parents die, and her last thought was 'I failed them'."

Still looking like she's on the verge of a breakdown, but with her eyes now glowing blue bright enough to reflect off of all the glasses in the room, Sophie grabs a silver-barreled musket out of the air and points it at Goodeman. "But I have more pressing concerns now. You. Tell me where you hid my soul gem."

darklink_shadow
2015-01-25, 02:20 PM
"Richard...? Oh, I see. How very queer. Didn't you say it was rude not to introduce yourself? Well, no matter..."

"Richard is it? Very well. If our host has no further constraints, we would appreciate the money, and we need to have a chance to organize our thoughts."

thethird
2015-01-25, 03:09 PM
"Well..." as soon as he saw the gun Booker shut up.

I can help with that too. But never mind. Guys? Do you remember how you died? You didn't show me that part.
No idea.
If I die I rarely stay dead for long, I would remember dying definitely.

How did that make them feel? Booker expected unease. Sorrow. Pain. But he wasn't feeling any of that. And as far as he knew none of the other's where.

Tavi are you crafting metal?
Yeah no, real time to mourn now, there are many things we have to deal with.
Once we have time to cope we will.
That's not your decision! If I need to feel sad now I want to!
Give the boy some breathing room, he is right.
But! What of my people? How is Asami? She is probably hurting for me now.
I've got two kids and a wife. But... Tavi is right.
Ef it.

So that's why he wasn't really affected by the shock. His souls were using their own powers, on their own. That probably should have worried him. A lot. But the dull straight calming sensation of metal eased his mind.

Are any of you doing anything else? I need to know.

His thoughts silenced for a moment.
I'm gathering some chakra, but it is probing difficult.
About that, I'm, well, we are probably absorving it. It is energy after all.
What do you mean?
I absorb the stuff, become stronger. Do you feel stronger Booker?

He certainly did.

I feel stronger, yes, stronger than ever.
Well we have good reserves, all of us seem to generate chakra in some way, except for Bishop who is a black hole.
You mean mana?
If you call it that way.
Keep it up.

Realizing once again that he has lost himself in his inner thoughts he turns towards Mr Goode and the gung ho girl.

"While you are at it some more information about what's going on would be pretty nice."

Sønderjye
2015-01-25, 03:26 PM
Seing the people of pain pushes Will out of his weird cold mood. This isn't me, he realised. A memory appeared. He held a weapon in his blue(?) hands and pushed it into a guy's mouth causing the guy to lose his superpowers. But it wasn't evil, he was protecting someone. He remembered, I'd never do something like killing a person for giving me cool powers! What's going on?!

He ran through his mind searching for ways to help them but the closest he got was a degree in Forensic science. Which wouldn't really help until after they.. well wouldn't help.

Then something caught his attention. He took a long look at Richard through his skull. This will take some time getting used to, he noted dryly. No scappard and no other places under his cloth where he could have hid a sword. Realising that he could see the man's.. manly objects he tried to turn his eye away but there were people everywhere. He turned it downwards and looked into the floor. Where did you get the sword from, Richard?

What's beneath the floor? You don't have to mention if it isn't interesting

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 04:09 PM
"Which one? I projected Caladbolg, but Ascalon is, well..."

"Dragon Booster!"

In a flash, his left arm is covered in red draconic armor. He slides the blade into the armor, where it disappears. "I'm never unarmed."

Sønderjye
2015-01-25, 04:12 PM
How do you do that? The young lad asks with curious eyes. Or rather his left eye looks curious while the other is pupilless. I'm Will by the way, it was Richard right?

Just noting that I'm not commenting on your OOC post because someone mentioned that we should wait for everyone to post their character so we have them compiled.

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 05:08 PM
"I'm gonna go with magic. Lotta magic."

Sønderjye
2015-01-25, 05:14 PM
Will takes a brief moment to consider that information and dive into these new memories of his. "Which kind of magic? I have memories of at least 4 kind of very distinct kind of manipulation that your average joe would call magic. And none of them can do that". He says pointing at the dragon booster.

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-25, 05:22 PM
Alright, I'll start. I'm Jason Laverne, and it's my body you're living in!
I am Mayurra Shyntae Auvryana.
Kaidan Alenko.
Anneliese Siekert.
Ben Kenobi.
WAIT, WHAT?! Jason and Ned exclaimed, more or less in unison.
No ****ing way do I have fictional characters in my brain! This can't be happening!
Who's fictional?
You are!
Thanks, that's helpful.
Obi-Wan is fictional!
And so are Kaidan and Loki!
Calm down, neither of you are making sense.
I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!
Maybe cramming this many minds into one brain wasn't such a good idea. The pain is getting worse.
**** you! GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!
I would if I could, believe me.
I know why he might think I'm fictional, but what about the two of you?
Good question.
Ben is a character in a movie!
And Kaidan's from a video game!
Err, okay...
What's a movie? What does video mean?

Throughout the agitated mental exchange, the pain in Jason's head got steadily worse, and with it came a rapidly-increasing feeling of nausea. Finally it got to be too much, and Jason vomited. Mayurra hastily dispelled the globe of shadow-stuff around his head so that the mess wouldn't get caught in it. Several of the Souls cried out in pain at the sudden and unexpected bombardment of light and noise; Jason merely groaned, fighting the urge to faint.

Thoroughly distracted as they were, none of them noticed Booker's offer of healing or Sophie pulling a gun on their host.

Please put quotation marks on speech! :smalleek:

XIII
2015-01-25, 05:25 PM
Lucas and his new "soulmates" require little to no dialogue, they are of like mind and understand each other quite well. Observe, plot, kill, hide. Our only ally is the shadows themselves. All this supernatural junk is nothing new to any of them, except Kuklinski, who only thinks it makes the hunt all the more interesting. Lucas walks calmly to the nearest shadow to ease the light on his silver eyes. He observes the rabble as they fumble with their new-found powers. And he takes mental notes.

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 06:09 PM
"Well its not true magic. Its closer to divine magic than anything else. As for what it exactly is." He thinks for a moment.

Not even close to cute enough, don't tell him.

"I've been told not to tell you. And anyway, even if it is what the layman would call magic, I doubt it really is. True magic is, as I understand it, impossible. The closest any of my souls come to it is Magecraft." That same broad grin is still stuck on his face. "But yeah, this is gonna be pretty damn awesome."

Sønderjye
2015-01-25, 06:36 PM
Not able to resist the temptation anymore Will's right eye starts moving again. Noticing Jason's facial expression through the shadowy globe he looks around. Seing the vomit almost on his lips he graps the almost empty juice bowl at a nearby and hold it up in front of his face. He doesn't do it as fast as he did the first time but noticably faster than a human would have been able to. "Are you sure you're all right?", he asks with a worried expression.

"Divine magic hmm. That's what people call borrowing other's powers to do stuff." I wonder who he is getting the powers from, he wonders "Can you tell me about Magecraft?"

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 06:44 PM
No. I doubt he even has the potential to use it.

"Nope. Apparently you lack the potential to make use of it. Though, I think you might be able to use spiral."

Anyone can use spiral power. All it takes is strength of will!

KTW_Girl
2015-01-25, 06:46 PM
Alice leaves her food behind and gives Sophie a hug from behind, and gently presses her gun towards the floor. "Don't go doing something you might regret. I'm just as anxious about my sword as you are about your soul gem. But be civilized."

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-25, 06:47 PM
Jason wavered, on the verge of falling over. "I have the worse headache and my head is full of voices claiming to be fictional character..."
Hey, you're the one who's claiming we're fictional.
Slurring your words a little bit there. Damn, why is it so bright?
... I think he might have my eyes.
"... so no, I'm not okay."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 07:00 PM
"No, you don't understand. It's not just a gem." Sophie struggles around in Alice's grasp until she can look at her. "It's me."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-25, 07:04 PM
Alice gives Sophie a very sweet smile. "I get that. Its you. Its your soul. And my sword is as important to me as soul, maybe more important. And I'm sure that Richard over there is very anxious about his Core Drill. But, that doesn't mean we should point guns at people. Because if Mr. Goodeman doesn't surrender our precious things to us, we now have the power to rip him apart down to the molecular level."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 09:55 PM
"The things I will do to him if he doesn't deliver soon will make ripping him undergoing quantum breakdown seem pleasant." Sophie hauls herself to her feet, jagged bolts of electricity running down her musket. "I will kill his future with my own damn hands if we don't start getting an explanation and our gear soon."

ArlEammon
2015-01-25, 10:26 PM
"None of you have the power to threaten me and carry through. Not even if you were all fully Awakened. You are all welcome, however, to take your things as they are. Captain Picard's ship is outside the Estate already in the woods, sheltered from prying eyes, and satellite through various means. Not to mention some of you may find the power to manifest your abilities as a war ship, as strange as that may sound, simply by pointing your finger and willing your canons to fire, for those of you who need the hint."

"Any of you who possess equipment, armors, shields and weapons that can be carried indoors already have them. You need but to will them into your presence and they will be there". Goodeman looked around.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 10:30 PM
Sophie smiles, showing all her teeth. "Watch me, bitch."

With skills born from over seven hundred years of practice, she sights in at one of the points of death on Goodeman's body, and fires three golden musket shots at it, one after the other.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-25, 10:47 PM
Alice moves fast, impossibly fast. One moment, she's standing behind Sophie, the next she's in between Goodeman and the other girl. A golden light fills the room for a split second, and a backdraft knocks over several tables. She's surrounded by a million scintillating fragments of something, and holding something in her right hand. "Very rude of you, Sophie. As someone in Team Dai-Gurren, you should know to never attack someone who doesn't deserve it." She smiles gently.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-25, 10:56 PM
Well, gentleman, let's make for the ship as soon as we can. We'll need anymore information we can get first, but let us make haste.

"Oh bother. Mr. Goodman, can I assume the replicator is fully functional? In that case, we are headed to the ship. Please send all the necessary information to the bridge. We have need to understand the threat." Somehow, the strangeness had subsided, and all the memories of the past lives he had lived had fused into one life. His souls began to knit together into a cohesive cooperation. Vladimir's influence had forced them to yet along abnormally fast.

"Should anyone wish to join me on my ship, I suppose it could be arranged. If not, I must be off. We must prepare for the defense of our multiverse. Are there any other citizens of Waterdeep, Star Fleet or Xmen? We should speak together. I am away, to my ship, as soon as my start up capital is my own."

Just then, someone attacked Mr. Goodman. "Now, hold on. Hold your fire. We are not to be enemies." The professor said, as he and other minds worked to stop the bullets from flying free, with their minds.

But it appeared that someone else intended to stop the fight as well. "I'm not sure what this team Dai Gurren is, but they sound honorable enough. Please take what they say to heart. And I'd be happy to have such a noble group join me on my ship."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 11:03 PM
"He's being a condescending ass," Sophie retorts. "And I can't think of many other better reasons to shoot at someone than that. Especially if he's as powerful as he thinks he is. Having power doesn't give you any right to lord over other people, or pretend to stand atop them." She sighs, and shakes her head. "Though I have four voices in my head shouting at me that trying to shoot him was a bad idea, and one telling me that I should've taken bids before I tried to. I... guess... I do need to cool down a bit, don't I."

ArlEammon
2015-01-25, 11:08 PM
"I mean no harm. However, all souls have been briefed, save the ones who arrived here last, that a Malignant Portal is opening into the Planar Spheres. You should all know that based on what I've said, if the Great Evil Beast and creatures like Azathoths are small woodland creatures compared to me, it's not a good idea to fight with me".

"With that funny business aside, the Death Star wouldn't be strong enough to pick the dirt from underneath my fingernails. We Incarnae are needed for Administration and holding the Strongholds. The Primary Egoes and Personae are needed as the Knights in Shining Armor".

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 11:15 PM
A thoughtful looks crosses over Sophies face. "Can you take us to the portal now?" she asks, rubbing a thumb over the hammer of the last spent musket.

ArlEammon
2015-01-25, 11:25 PM
"If you wish. Just make sure you realize you need a place to go before you get there. . . would you all like to board the Enterprise"? Goodeman asked. Meanwhile, Jacob was almost totally silent. "I'm sorry. I feel so strange. I don't think I can stay awake." He noted, just before he lost his consciousness. Goodeman promptly whisked him away to the infirmary. "To the infirmary with him". He stated. "He should be fine, but this has only happened a few times during the many cycles of the Reincarnation War. It's a good idea never to overlook a rare occurence such as a fainting right after the Awakening".

Q'telun
2015-01-25, 11:31 PM
Richard makes a brief concentration, and a small drill head appears in his head. "Lagann. Spin on."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 11:39 PM
"Why would I need someplace to go?" Sophie asks. "Just teleport me there, I'll kill the portal, you teleport me back, and then we can all go home. Five million dollars richer, as well."

ArlEammon
2015-01-25, 11:47 PM
"Why would I need someplace to go?" Sophie asks. "Just teleport me there, I'll kill the portal, you teleport me back, and then we can all go home. Five million dollars richer, as well."

"Fifty million dollars is for free. You get it all regardless." Goodeman stated. "The Malignant Portal changes time, space and dimensions around it. So it will be hard to do. It's more mental gymnastics trying to understand the Malignant Portals than trying to understand a Master's Degree in Quantum Physics as a seventh grader, let alone easy enough to just magically transport someone to it, and shut it down. Good way to point out the mission of ours a little more clearly, though." He complimented. "No. I'm sorry, you cannot just magically seal the Malignatis or Psionically, for that matter. When the time comes for you to close the breach from Nihilis Space, it will be more obvious".

DoctorFaust
2015-01-25, 11:53 PM
"No," Sophie says. "Not magically, or psionically. Physically. And thanks for correcting me about the fifty, Freddie. Wouldn't do to be off on the payment by a whole order of magnitude."

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-26, 12:08 AM
The sound of gunshots pierced Jason's brain, causing him and all of his Souls to cringe.
Did she just try to shoot the only guy who knows what's going on?!
You know, I think she did.

Did you really not catch any of this? Kaidan asked Obi-Wan, following Goodeman's elaboration on the situation.
I vaguely remember something about a Malignant Portal and Planar Spheres being mentioned. Unfortunately, I was rather out of it at the time. The rest of you, it seems, were late to the party.
You don't say.

"Ooo, I'm a Knight in Shining Armor!" Jason laughed, seeming either drunk, high, or possibly simply insane.
Oh dear.
Jason, please ask to be taken to the infirmary now.

"I've been asked to ask something about an infirmary?" Jason said loudly, his face screwed up with pain. Evidently, Jason was not accustomed to migraine headaches, and this one was a whopper. Combined with the insanity of the present circumstances, it was really no wonder he was going a bit loopy. Close enough... Kaidan sighed.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 12:26 AM
Alice walks over to Richard and stands by him, sword and sheath hanging on her belt. "I take it you don't want to follow the onto them Enterprise?"

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 12:30 AM
"Why would I? I've got a perfectly good method of transportation already." And with that, a large red face comes crashing through a wall, skidding to a stop in front of Richard. The head opens up, revealing a cockpit that he steps into like he belongs there. He offers a hand to Alice. "Can I give you a lift?"

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 12:41 AM
Alice laughs at this, then steps delicately into the cockpit and sits across Richard's lap. She gives him a smile.

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 12:49 AM
Richard puts his hands on the two worn handles and looks at Sophie. "You coming with?"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-26, 02:02 AM
A woman sits at one end of the table staring intently at a glowing mark on the back of her hand. Wheaty blonde hair. Blue eyes. Glasses. Modest, dark green dress. Reasonably healthy, for an American. Probably in her late 20's or early 30's.

She's barely said a word all evening, except to be polite. She wasn't sure what sort of prank or PR stunt or reality television premise Mr. Goodeman was trying to pull, but up to a point she just seemed to be fine with just going along for the ride. What's going on in her mind right now, though... well, at this point it's probably fairly obvious to everyone else.

"You!"

A teenager in a weird headband yells at another oddly-dressed girl who could easily be her twin sister, save for the red hair.

"What?"

"You did this! You're... you're using my body, aren't you! To bring the rest of the forces of darkness to this world from ours!"

"Your body? Are you kidding me?!" The redhead's frustrated indignance turns to regular confusion, and then creeps into a trolling grin. "Ohhh, that's riiiight. Oh, Elena, you've never been on this side of the fence, have you? Don't worry. I'll teach you everything I know about possessing a human being, and about bending them to your will.~"

"W... what?!"

An elf in a magenta robe and a grey man in a gold starfleet uniform watch the short scene unfold.

"The true tragedy here is that I still cannot call this the moment when my life first went completely off the rails."

"Intriguing." Data pauses and quickly adjusts his head, looking for something. "Ah! Excuse me."

He walks off toward a figure in green, excitedly conversing in sign language with a young woman in blue, who seems to be growing increasingly annoyed with the way their conversation is going and punctuates her gestures accordingly.

That still does not answer my question. Why. Am. I. Here?

"Excuse me! Miss Leandra!"

"Hm?" The figure in green turns to acknowledge the android.

"I believe we should report in to the captain."

Leandra - dressed and acting as Link - nods.

Leandra stands up from her seat to follow Tom out, but can't help but notice what's going on with Jason, not to mention the fancy Gurren machine.

"The infirmary?" she asks crisis headache victim, barely noticing as she signs all of her words and thoughts with her hands. "Very well, follow me. We can examine you in sick bay." Of course, somehow I don't think there's going to be a doctor in sick bay...

She moves on to Richard and company. "Actually, I believe there should be ample space for your vehicle in the shuttle bay. We will be better able to coordinate our efforts if we all stay together, and it could easily be deployed as needed."

What are you doing?
I'm trying to help! I refuse to just sit in the corner and let you start running my life without me.

This conversation - the one with Simon, that is - could go either way. In any case, Leandra eventually gets to Tom.

"...captain?"

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-26, 05:30 AM
Leandra stands up from her seat to follow Tom out, but can't help but notice what's going on with Jason, not to mention the fancy Gurren machine.

"The infirmary?" she asks crisis headache victim, barely noticing as she signs all of her words and thoughts with her hands. "Very well, follow me. We can examine you in sick bay." Of course, somehow I don't think there's going to be a doctor in sick bay...

She moves on to Richard and company. "Actually, I believe there should be ample space for your vehicle in the shuttle bay. We will be better able to coordinate our efforts if we all stay together, and it could easily be deployed as needed."
Jason's pain-addled attention span had already slipped away from Leandra by the time she finished speaking, and he initially failed to respond to her invitation to follow. Fortunately, his head-mates were in somewhat better shape, and were able to coax him along with promises of pain relief (something all of them could agree to pursue with some urgency).

Sønderjye
2015-01-26, 06:34 AM
Will concentrates and a wand appears in his left hand and a sword appears in his right. "It seems you didn't need to tell me after all", he smirks to Richard.

Seing Sophie totally unprovoked attack Goodeman he freezes. Seems others are worse at controlling their souls than me.

He feels like he has way too few informations and decides to bombard Goodeman with questions.
Asking a lot of questions here to speed things up
Who's Incarnae and the Administration?
What can Incarnae do and why are you confident that we can't hurt you?
How did you put the souls in us?
I'd guess that the fictional souls have been created unintentionally by the collective energy from a big number of humans, is that correct?
What is it exactly that is threatening the universe and why do you need us to stop it?
What is the deal with the portal and why can't we just destroy it? Mind you that megamind have super intelligence.
Did you pick the souls inside us? If not how did it happen?

Assuming he answers something in line with "the Incarnae is all powerful" then why haven't he done something with all the human suffering on earth?

darklink_shadow
2015-01-26, 07:37 AM
Tom raises an eyebrow at the woman. "Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise, at your service. And you are ... ? A very lovely woman. But I can sense a very eager mind in there, strange as it is, trying to get out. Not quite human. Something a little more, and it knows you well, Picard. Data? I should be glad for any of my crew, but a keen mind is most welcome. Let's get the man to sickbay."

Tom gestured at the migraine riddled man, and turned with a small flourish to indicate they follow, as he left towards his starship.

Sønderjye
2015-01-26, 07:41 AM
What do you intend to do? Will asks the back of the man about to leave the room.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-26, 08:21 AM
Tom stopped and turned. "Save the world. Just I have in my past lives. But first I need to organize my resources. No use charging off into the unknown.There are divinations to be cast, and tools to be crafted. Da. And people to be made to serve. We will never defeat ziz threat without an army to hold the line wherever they can. We are not enough people to hold zey line alone. Even the dead shall be made to aid the living. Our ancestors will defeat that which would end their lines. I would be pleased if you were to come along. Having more allies with more tools to leverage would make this easier. I won't have any people I cannot count on, however. Loose cannons are unreliable cannons. They have their uses, but the head strong and foolish will attack and harass the enemy without my help just fine, and they will never be made to follow an organized plan. We have need of some people who will just thin out our foes, however I mean to organize an effort to win wars, not battles."

XIII
2015-01-26, 08:50 AM
Lucas reaches into his suit and dons the pair of glasses he finds inside. While they may have rendered a normal person blind, they offered him just the right amount of protection from the lights. He notices the pair of Ulaks tucked away as well. He keeps to himself, watching, following, listening, and judging, He follows, offering no words.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 09:49 AM
Sophie lets the musket drop to the floor and fall into ribbons, and cautiously steps up into the cockpit. As soon as she gets settled, she asks, "What's this thing called, anyway? And is it made of metal?"

thethird
2015-01-26, 10:07 AM
Booker materializes two shades over his eyes. Deal with it. :smallcool:

"I can heal him. Just get me a large tube of water and that will do. Unless you need a "doctor" and not a healer."

We can. Can't we?
Yes.
Yep.
Yeah.

Booker moves his hands pretty fast, creating two clones that move towards JasonJacob picking him up and following the rest.

"So where are we going?"

darklink_shadow
2015-01-26, 10:45 AM
"Well," Tom said to the man who suddenly was three people, "We are headed to a starship. It is a giant metal craft that flies through space. On board there is enough room for well over a hundred people. And, if your healing skills are not enough, a holographic doctor might be onboard. Err, since many of the voices in my head asked, a hologram is essentially a person made out of light, with a computer for a brain."

Tom Morgan gestured for the clones to proceed ahead of him before continuing. After he's well, we need to plan out how we will survive the initial onslaught, train and equip people for battle, and plan out how the elite members of our team, namely those who come aboard with us now, will provide a final solution to this threat. A great deal of research, reading, and magical information gathering will be needed.

thethird
2015-01-26, 10:58 AM
"As you probably deduced I can be many people. So if you need a crew, I can hopefully provide, we will need some training though. Reading alot is also easily doable when you are many people. So point me to the library or whatever intel source you've got."

That's... just wrong. It's a forbidden technique, you shouldn't exploit it for reading and paper work.
You are jealous because you never did.
It's still forbidden. For a reason, probably.
Yeah, you used it quite a lot.
I'm the Hokage.
Then we are the Hokage.

That settled the internal discussion.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-26, 11:15 AM
I'd love to hear more how this... cloning ability works. It would be great if you could take many of the vacant roles we might... must have. There are also simulations that can be run on the holodeck. Once I show... one of you to the sick bay, I will show some of you to the holodecks. And give one of you the grand tour, along with anyone else interested.

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 11:28 AM
"This, this is Lagann, defender of Earth. Named by Bro. And yeah, its metal, why?" He takes the small drill and slides it into a hole in the middle of the main screen and gives it a sharp twist to the left. A spiral of green fills the screen completely and stays steady. "Hah! All right, lets go beat up this Nihilis threat!" And with that, the dome swallows the three, and the face walks back out through the hole it made.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 11:58 AM
"Well, because..." Whatever Sophie was about to say is sharply cut off by the Lagann's cockpit closing above her, and she makes a suspiciously squeaky noise in shock. "Could you, like, maybe warn me before you do that next time? Anyway, Misaka told me that she could probably control a mech, or at least override someone else's control, depending on what it's made of."

She flips a hank of hair back over her shoulder, and continues, "We probably should figure out some way to destroy the portal. Or at least get me close enough that I can kill it. After all, it's 'alive', so there should be at least one line of death on it."

thethird
2015-01-26, 11:59 AM
"If you have several holodecks were I can learn several things at once that sounds peachy."

What's an holodeck?
Korra can you help me show you with the avatar thing?
You should be able to do it yourself.

Booker flashes images of what a holodeck is, they include half remembered images of the Star Treck show, he was never a fan, mixed with other science fiction references.

If our clones work as advertised there is one thing I want to say after using it.
What?
I know kung fu.
But you know kung fu, at least I do and if I do you do.
It's a movie thing. You probably wouldn't get it.

Booker's mind went over the matrix, and why the sequels weren't as good as the first.

Oh! I know what we can say. The best thing about being me... there are so many me.
Booker's mind highfived.
I wish I had said that earlier.

Sønderjye
2015-01-26, 12:05 PM
"Then we do share a common goal", Will says to Tom with a look in his eyes that only a fellow war veteran would recognize. An odd thing to find on a face so young. "However", he continues, "to win a war we need intel and currently you don't even know what you are going to war against.. But he does". He gestures towards Goodeman.

The movement from Lucas draws his attention. The shady position and the calculating look he was sending everything made him suspecious. He'll gently examine his mental defences.
If Lucas has mental defences up he'll feel a light poke.
If he doesn't have mental defences Will will(hehe) try to figure out his motivation for watching, following, listening and judging

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 12:15 PM
Richard pats the dash of the mech. "I don't think it exactly runs on electricity, so I don't think you can override it. As for the portal, well, I have no idea. I was gonna take a look first. If its Anti-Spiral Lagann was made to fight it. If its magical, then I think I've got ways to deal with it. If its demonic or divine, then we're gonna have a harder time with it, but its doable. Beyond that, I've got nothing."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 12:23 PM
Alice puts her hands on top of Richards, and doesn't pay attention to the dome closing. "I'm in the same boat as Richard. I can probably destroy it, either with magic or my sword, or I could steal the portal itself!"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 12:25 PM
"Demonic, divine, or otherwise, I've got a power that can kill it, as long as wherever it is allows the concept of death." She looks curiously at Alice. "And what sword is it that you have? I know you said that it was as important to you as my soul is to me, but I can't really think of any blade that would be that valuable."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 12:27 PM
Alice hesitates.

Its all right. She's not an enemy Servant, and if Nia and Saten trust her, then I will too.

She sighs. "Excalibur, and its sheath, Avalon."

Sønderjye
2015-01-26, 12:45 PM
[=#ff0000]"You speak as if you know where the portal is and how to get there?"[/COLOR]

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 01:40 PM
The look of curiosity turns to one of incredulousness. "So... when you said you were Saber, what you really meant was you're King Arthur. Like, the King Arthur. Merlin, sword in the stone, Siege Perilous, and all that?"

darklink_shadow
2015-01-26, 02:06 PM
Tom frowned. "I am hoping to take of all Mr. Goodman's Intel and store it in the archives aboard. We have a man in need of medical help. I cannot refuse him in good conscious. But if he will not deliver that knowledge to my archives, I will delgate the data acquisition to... you and Data."

Tom gestures at the woman, Leandra. "Injured men take a high priority with me. I trust that look in your eye. And the wizard says you're an honest enough man."

XIII
2015-01-26, 02:22 PM
The silent Lucas decides to speak up since the conversation just turned towards his interests "I don't care who, or what it is... I can make it bleed like all the rest, just point me in the right direction."

"You got it. Ain't nothing more powerful in the 'verse than cold hard steel."
"Now THIS is something I can wrap my head around. Lets get our hands dirty."

Lucas smiles, all teeth. "The boys upstairs are getting excited. They haven't hunted anything for a long time."

thethird
2015-01-26, 03:07 PM
"Yeah. I'll send some of me to dig on those archives, once they know how to actually go through the archives. How far is that spaceship of yours?"

He then turns to Lucas.

"Hunting? Are you a hunter?"

Damn hunters and their hunter weapons.
Hey! My uncle is a hunter!
What weapon does he use?
A bow. Well, sometimes he uses a catapult. I built it myself, without furies. That was glorious.
Well. Those are hunter weapons.

Sønderjye
2015-01-26, 03:16 PM
"We have a man in need of medical aid and a healer than only needs water to heal. Injured have great priority yes but there should be plenty of bathrooms in the mansion you're in. Besides your clones are already carrying him out." Will says puzzled why they would feel the need to go away from this fairly important meeting.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 04:05 PM
Alice nods. "I am Artoria Pendragon, the Once and Future King of Alba."

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 04:10 PM
"And the sister of Lucifer, and the daughter of the Spiral King. In addition to the other titles your souls bring with them." Richard considers something for a moment. ""We've got three sources of spiral power in here, don't we? I want to try something." He tightens his grip on the controls and concentrates. The cockpit shakes, then starts to rise off the ground.

Outside a swirling vortex of green flame erupts from the Lagann's legs, and pushes it higher and higher into the air until it reaches the height of a small building.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-26, 04:27 PM
Tom pointed in a direction. Less than half a mile that way, in the forest, according to Khelben's divinations. I suppose if you volunteer to allow some spells to be cast on a clone, I can have Khelben watch you walk there, and then talk to you telepathically once you are there. Show you the archives and the holodecks. That way I can stay behind... for now. One moment."

Tom waggle his fingers for half a minute. When he was finished, a glowing figure, angelic in all ways, except it had the face of a dog.

"Escort the clones." Tom commanded. The hound bowed and hurried in the direction of the starship.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 04:32 PM
"Oh my, are we going to do that?"

XIII
2015-01-26, 04:41 PM
"Yeah. I'll send some of me to dig on those archives, once they know how to actually go through the archives. How far is that spaceship of yours?"

He then turns to Lucas.

"Hunting? Are you a hunter?"

Damn hunters and their hunter weapons.
Hey! My uncle is a hunter!
What weapon does he use?
A bow. Well, sometimes he uses a catapult. I built it myself, without furies. That was glorious.
Well. Those are hunter weapons.

"If by hunter you mean assassin, then yes. Seems all the souls I inherited were assassins, murderers, or real cloak and dagger type people."

"Hmmm... Just letting it all hang out? Rookie mistake."
No, by all means, tell everyone. That'll go over real well. Fool.
The boy is still wet around the ears, cut him some slack. Not like you two started at the top of the food chain.
"A Lord Marshal tried to strangle me with my own umbilical cord. I made it out and murdered him. Tricked him into running into my blade, then I took his empire... So yea, I've always been top dog."
"..... Seriously?"
".... What the actual hell, you can't be serious..."
"Oh how delicious! You've shocked them all!"
"You're all insane... I need to get out of here."
"Dear universal powers, thank you so much for my new friends. This is gonna be a hell of a party!"

Lucas chuckles.

Sønderjye
2015-01-26, 05:53 PM
Assasin. Means he kills thing for money. I guess this paranoia is good for something do you have any abilities of finding targets? If so I'd like to buy your services for a couple millions. ​Will grins.

Volcan
2015-01-26, 05:54 PM
"We are your souls Zeke, you must be thinking this is illogical, and so would I if I didn't know it to be true"
"Introduce yourself to him, he is utterly confused"
"Yes, I am River, River Tam."
"And I am Briar Harvester, although some call me the hooded one."
I am Hermes, Greek god of tricks, deceit, thieves, and heralds. It is time to wake up Zeke"
"Hermes, he's already awake, he is ready for battle. I am William Wallace, king of Scotland."
"I'm not ready for battle, i came here for some delicious money and this is what I get?"
"Zeke, be ready for battle, and fight, kill some goblins will ya."
"Goblins? and who are you?"
"That's Belkar Bitterleaf, and I'm Rumpelstiltskin, Thank god you're awake, now we can do something."
"I am confused."
"Don't be, it's simple, you are a reincarnation of all of us. I remember when William was a child and he was first coping with his powers."
"I remember it well, I wouldn't have one that war without the help of River and Hermes."
"Hey!"
"Hey!"
"And you two of course! but not you Belkar."
"It was dull, you guys were the underdogs, I was sure you would lose."
"Ok, enough! you guys will have to be quiet so i can at least think straight"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 06:45 PM
Sophie grips even tighter to the walls of the Lagann, and asks, in a very small voice, "And what, exactly is 'that'?"

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 07:02 PM
"We're gonna combine!"

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 07:03 PM
"He's gonna combine."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 07:14 PM
"Combine with what? There's nothing else here!"

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 07:28 PM
"That kind of logic is just going to get in the way, Sophie. You've gotta kick logic to the curb to make the impossible possible!"

Outside, the swirling energy coalesces into a massive red face, which sprouts arms and legs. Shoulder pads erupt from the head, emblazoned with a flaming skull. Wings sprout from its back, along with Finally, a massive pair of shades comes into existence on its face.

"LAGANN, IMPACT!" Richard drives the handles all the way forward, causing a drill to replace the Lagann's legs. It revs up, and drills into the giant mech beneath it. A helmet flips up from somewhere, and caps off the appearance (http://www.emuglx.org/assets/uploads/2013/10/TTGL11.jpg).

Richard slumps back in his seat with a satisfied grin on his face. "Told you we were gonna combine. You wanna pilot Gurren, Sophie?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 08:39 PM
"Er, okay, I guess." She reaches out tentatively, and grasps at the controls like they might bite. "And, um, how do I pilot it?"

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-26, 09:05 PM
Once readily assured of medical attention and exterior forces to ensure that the addled Jason followed instructions, most of Jason's souls hunkered down to endure the massive migraine and chatter - quietly - amongst themselves. Ned (and Jason, to a lesser (and slightly delirious) extent) helped to clear up some of the more obvious pop-culture references. Everyone (except Loki and Jason) took turns explaining unfamiliar terms to Annaliese. Much was made of what to make of Tom; while one of his new identities was known and, Ned assured them, on the side of good, the others were unknowns and some seemed decidedly less benign.
Wish I'd been paying more attention when he introduced himselves earlier, Kaidan complained.
A little further into the conversation, Mayurra jerked into high alertness when Tom summoned the Hound Archon. At last, a wizard of a familiar kind!
But is he trustworthy?
Well, the Hound Archon is a servant of Law and Good by definition, but that doesn't say much about the caster when the summoner is a wizard.
Meaning what?
Arcane spellcasters aren't limited to casting spells that match their alignment. He's probably not outright evil, though.
So, basically, you're saying it tells us nothing?
... Pretty much.
What a font of information you are, Loki sarcasmed.
I've yet to hear you supply useful intel, so kindly keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 09:20 PM
Richard laughs. "This one right here is Lagann. Gurren is the one right below us that we just combined with. When you get in, just grab the controls and do what feels natural. Its all about fighting spirit from then on!" With a flick of... something the hatch above opens up, showing off a field of tree tops. "I will never get tired of seeing all this green."

darklink_shadow
2015-01-26, 09:27 PM
Tom looked at Zeke then put a hand on his shoulder. "Son, your minds are talking out loud. Or possibly projecting your thoughts too loud. Try to control that."

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-26, 09:28 PM
Hey! That's not fair, why can't I do that?
Nobody bothered to answer him, and his repeated attempts to gain control of Jason's body continued to meet with failure. Whether this was because it simply couldn't be done without Jason's consent, or because Obi-Wan and Kaidan were discreetly blocking him, was unknown.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 09:30 PM
"Misaka has plenty of that! I remember this one time, she was fighting the collective of a bunch of espers and she just blew it away with her railgun! Or another time where there was this guy she really liked, but he got put in the hospital so she actually went out of her way to make him homemade cookies to prove her love to him!"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 10:19 PM
Sophie carefully climbs out of the top hatch of the Lagann, and for a few moments, just sits there, enjoying the breeze running through her hair. Then, mustering up the courage, she stands up, magnetizes herself to the shell of the Gurren Lagann, and walks down the outside into the second cockpit.

Once there, she crawls inside, settles into the seat, and grabs the controls. Letting Misaka's power flow through her, she sends a few jolts down through the system to see if it reacts at all. Much to her surprise, though, it doesn't. From her knowledge of how ships like this should work, the signals she was sending should have made the mech raise it's arms into a basic fighting stance. "You weren't kidding about this thing not running on electricity, were you," she remarks. "But would you mind letting me try something?"

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 10:21 PM
"Go ahead. Though, if you're gonna attack you gotta call it, and it has to be a badass name."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 10:26 PM
Alice sticks her head through a hole in the floor of the Lagann. "Remember, you gotta use fighting spirit! Or spiral power. Or manly will. Theres really no cheating or getting around it."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 10:27 PM
"Well, I'm not sure how badass it is, but it is a very elegant name." Smiling peacefully, Sophie grabs the controls and pulls back, hard. Responding to her touch, the mech raises its arms to point to the sky, and ribbons begins pouring from it's hands.

Far above them, the mass clumps together and begins to fall, starting to take the shape of an enormous cannon, and by the time it reaches it's hand, has fully formed into a matchlock musket with a barrel as thick around as the Gurren Lagann's chest.

"TIRO-

FINALE!"

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 10:42 PM
Impressive

I wonder if I can boost that.

Didn't expect that to come out of the hands.

"So, you can control ribbons huh? Fairly impressive power. Whats the power source?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 10:50 PM
Sophie smiles fiercely at the praise. "Me."

She pauses, and then adds, "My name is Mami Tomoe, by the way. The girl with the soul gem."

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 11:06 PM
"No external power source? Isn't that dangerous?"

If I had to guess, it is most likely consuming her spirit

Something like Juggernaut Drive, where it takes her sanity and lifespan.

"Using that isn't going to kill you, is it?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 11:08 PM
"Well, I don't know. Normally I would just say that I could hunt a witch to get their grief seed and replenish it, but I'm not sure if they exist in this world."

thethird
2015-01-26, 11:08 PM
Booker lets the clones follow the hound archon, confused for the creature's appearance. Once it is far from earshot he asks out loud.

"What is that?"

Looking at Lucas when he mentions assassin, and trying not to scoff at the concept.

"Lucas do we need to cover our own backs or are we in the same metaphorical ship?"
I'm technically an assassin too, a ninja.
Did you murder anyone in cold blood?
Not really, that's not my path of the ninja.
Then you are not an assassin in my book.
Don't you dare trust an assassin.
Sometimes being a trained assassin isn't the problem, I've got Cursor training too.
Isn't that a glorified postman?
That's what we want people to think, we are more like spies and maybe assassins some time.
I won't work with assassins!
Quiet everyone.

Booker, the Booker that stood behind after the clones lefts, reaches for a jar of water. He looks at it intently and soon it starts to... change. The water is not moving, it's not swirling quite the opposite it is just becoming stiller. Suddenly an image appears in the water. Another Booker, this one in what appears to be the medical bay of the enterprise is looking down at a bathtube.

"How is he?"
"Stable. For now. We have healed any physical injury that he might have, his mind is more complicated to heal though, we don't have experience with multiple souls. He should wake up at any moment."
"Good one of you stays with him, in case he needs more healing or he wakes up and he wants to know what's going on. The other can explore the ship within reasonable terms, do not open any barred door."
"Understood."

Booker dismisses the water manipulation and for good meassure he pours himself a glass.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-26, 11:15 PM
"Misaka, if you end up dead or worse because of this, I don't know if I could handle it."

Q'telun
2015-01-26, 11:19 PM
Richard sticks his head down the hole to join Alice. "Right, what Alice said. Sophie, under no circumstances are you allowed to die because you depleted your soul, got it? If you need power, we'll lend it to you."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-26, 11:56 PM
Sophie only smiles flippantly in reply. "Oh, please, as long as I'm careful about large displays such as this one, I should be fine."

I'm not sure I share your confidence, Mami, but if that's what you think, I'll go along with it.

That's.... not quite what I truly think, but it's a good enough explanation that they should accept it. I am touched by their concern, though.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-27, 12:12 AM
Leandra's eyes dart back and forth between the transforming mech, the colorful duplicates of some guy trying to carry the person she's trying to get to sick bay, and someone else just now stumbling out of the gaping hole in the side of the mansion.

She seems annoyed with the occupants of the Gurren-Lagann as they go do their thing. Or, you could all ignore our advice and blast off in your typically cartoonish mecha. Of course. Leandra absentmindedly signs V's words in Japanese.

"Hey, don't dismiss it just like that! That thing looks all kinds of fun! I think we should join them."

"Hmph! That you say it is enough to tell me it's a bad idea! Besides, just look at it, that monstrous toothy grin, the spiky eyes..."

"Come on, it's cute! Damn, why are you so suspicious today?"

"Actually, if I am not mistaken, that particular mecha is the Gurren-Lagann, from a 20th-century Japanese cartoon series of the same name. I believe the design is meant to evoke a fusion of transcendent thought with-"

"Shut up!"
"Shut up!"

"..."

Data turns to Vaarsuvius. "...with raw human emotional energy. A theme in the series was-"

"Unfortunately, I must agree with the twins in regard to shutting up. We can discuss the origins of our prospective allies later, but for now we must attend to those tasks for which we are already responsible."

Leandra nods to Tom and taps a spot on her chest. Nothing happens.

"...oh. Right. 'Will it into existence.' Um..."

She waves her hand a bit, and after a moment of pure frustration conjures a small badge, affixes it to her dress and taps it again. This time, it chirps agreeably.

"Leandra to Enterprise. Um," She has to look again to count the shadow duplicates, Tom, Will, and now Zeke. "...seven to beam aboard?" She corrects the number in response to any veto for those who wish to stay here for now.

Once aboard, she leaves Jason in the capable hands of cloney mchealsalot. "If you need to locate anything, find any control panel and ask the computer. The Enterprise has a decent interior guidance system. And... I wouldn't recommend trying to read too many books at the same time. It seems like you'd just get all of the information confused."

With that, she steps into the nearby turbolift and asks for the bridge. It doesn't know who she is yet, but it takes her there just the same; the Enterprise's IT security is legendarily lax. Still, her face clearly signals her uncertainty about how to proceed. Her fidgeting hands spell out some of her worries.

How are you so sure we can trust all of these people?

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-27, 12:52 AM
Booker lets the clones follow the hound archon. *snip*

Booker, the Booker that stood behind after the clones lefts, reaches for a jar of water. He looks at it intently and soon it starts to... change. The water is not moving, it's not swirling quite the opposite it is just becoming stiller. Suddenly an image appears in the water. Another Booker, this one in what appears to be the medical bay of the enterprise is looking down at a bathtub.

"How is he?"
"Stable. For now. We have healed any physical injury that he might have, his mind is more complicated to heal though, we don't have experience with multiple souls. He should wake up at any moment."
"Good one of you stays with him, in case he needs more healing or he wakes up and he wants to know what's going on. The other can explore the ship within reasonable terms, do not open any barred door."
"Understood."

Jason was initially reluctant to allow himself to be picked up and carried by the Booker clones, relenting only reluctantly under the insistence of his Souls. He relaxed only briefly, though, for then they were beamed aboard the Enterprise - a terribly exciting experience, which would have been a lot more fun without the Headache of DoomTM. Instead, his head was filled with a chorus of protest at the bright lights on the ship. Augh! With a wordless exclamation of frustration, Mayurra conjured another globe of shadow-stuff around Jason's head. Once more all sounds became nearly inaudible, yet despite the deep shadows obscuring his head from sight, Jason (and his Souls) could see perfectly; and despite that, none of the lights triggered a response from the migraine.

No longer able to listen in to any enlightening conversations, Jason and his Souls focused on the interesting trip through the Enterprise to the infirmary, taking note of the route and anything and everything they spotted along the way that might prove useful to know later on - though not all of them intended on sharing their observations. Finally calm, and exhausted from the day's events, Jason fell asleep, taking all (or perhaps only most) of his Souls with him.

The main source of the headache, to quote the Mass Effect Wiki:

Kaidan is a biotic wired with the controversial L2 implants, which are known to cause severe neurological damage to the user. However, he is fortunate enough to only suffer from occasional severe migraines.
Odds are this can't be easily cured, but between Booker's powers and whatever else can be found in a Star Trek infirmary, it shouldn't be too hard to suppress a migraine. Not being a Trek fan or terribly familiar with Booker's powers, I can't be sure though.

A possible secondary source, however, could be swelling of the brain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intracranial_pressure#Increased_ICP) resulting from said implant suddenly appearing in Jason's brain. Booker's healing should have cleared that up, if it even existed in the first place; I'm on the fence as to whether it did. If I've misread Booker's healing abilities and this could still be a danger, let me know!

In the absence of an actual Trek-Tech-certified doctor, I'm assuming that no scan was run that would have shown the presence of the implant?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-27, 01:28 AM
"Huh? What's happening?!"

Of course Jason would probably want to ask the same question, but he's too listless to do so. Leandra quickly puts the Bridge plan on hold and helps get him to the infirmary.

A door slides open into a room cluttered with carts of bright, clean vials and tools, with a series of cushy beds against panels set int he walls. One side of the room is taken up by the open office, with the doctor's personal computer terminal and small desktop laboratory clearly visible.

She directs Jason and the Shadows to one of the cushy beds. "This way. Right here. Let's see." She takes a deep breath and consults Data on the equipment available. "Medical tricorder... ah, here we go..."

She picks up what appears to be a blocky cell phone and a laser pointer and stares at one while shining the other at Jason's head. "I suppose it could just be a side-effect of... whoa."

She grabs another couple of non-invasive tools from the cart. "Some kind of implant in his head is delivering noisy signals to the surrounding neurons... I don't know what it's for, and I can't risk removing it, but it is clearly malfunctioning. We should be able to isolate and disable it to stop the pain for now..." She fiddles with the blocky phone, shines a blue flashlight on Jason's scalp, and carefully draws a pattern across his head.

With that, the migraine - or least, the part of the migraine attributable to the implant - stops. The functionality of the implant itself also disappears, whatever it was, but at least he can rest easy for now. Best to let him do so.

Leandra excuses herself and returns to the bridge.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-27, 07:57 AM
Booker lets the clones follow the hound archon, confused for the creature's appearance. Once it is far from earshot he asks out loud.

"What is that?"

Tom watches the hound archon leave, and then turns to face Booker. "A servant of Law and Good. Ever eager to serve, they might be a common sight when I need my own couriers."

Tom almost tried to stop Leandra, but he hesitated long enough for it to be too late. "It appears she is fully operational. Good."

Tom's outfit materialized into a starlet uniform. He tapped his chest, and spoke aloud, his voice being broadcast across the ship. "This Captain Picard. All stations report."

Another tap turned off the broad caster, and he continued speaking. "I expect no reports, but it may be that some people are aboard. Data, scan to see if you can repair the implant. We do not know what it does, but it may be vital for part of who he is. If his vitals fall at all, turn the implant back on. A headache is better than death. It's a pleasure to see you again."

Tom's facial expression changed a bit and he spoke again. Now, excuse my mutterings, I have spells to sling, places to scry, and constructs to build. I'll do all that standing here, but I've many magic words to say until then.

Without further ado, Khelben Arunsun started manifesting his will over arcana.

Greater Scrying on the portal.
Scrying all over the world, Earth.
Using the replicator and the spell Fabricate to start building the shells of constructs. I'll activate them as I can, and send them to the cargo bay to await orders from me.

Q'telun
2015-01-27, 09:11 AM
Hate to interrupt this, but we should really get going, don't you think?

"Right. Gurren Lagann, acquiring spatial lock." Richard pulls himself back into the seat and takes up the controls once more. The great engines of the mech spin up, and with great lumbering steps it starts to move, breaking into a sprint.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-27, 09:14 AM
Alice follows Richard up to the seat, and the passage between Gurren and Lagann closes. A screen comes online in both cockpits, letting the team communicate with each other. "Sophie, this is going to be a bit strange, but its completely normal. Just focus on enjoying the ride, and how you're going to take care of the portal. We'll handle getting you there."

Sønderjye
2015-01-27, 09:17 AM
Will was actually suprised that everyone took action so quickly. He would guess that when 30 people were gathered and told that the universe depended on them, the bystander apathy would take effect and people would just stand around waiting for someone else to take responsibility. He supposed it was possible that the violent lives(and deaths) of 6 people would change that.

With the environment suddenly changing from that of a party to that of a spaceship Will is sucked inwards until he disappears and reappears a couple of meters away with drawn wands and sword in a defensive position. His eyes have a trapped look as he looks around for dangers. Finding none he lowers his weapons but still have a tense body language. With a forced calm smile he asks A warning next time please?

Unsettled by the new environment and the possibility for traps he scraps his sword over the surface of the floor.
So Shukuro's blade has the ability to learn the past of people and things by touching them. However my knowledge of Star Trek is very limited. Can someone give me a quick overview of the ships history? Also if it has an artificial personality a brief summary of that would be nice. And who Data and Captain Picard is from the ships point of view.
He'll also know if there's traps and what dangers the ship prove to him.

Looking a Jason's agony he feels pity. He wants to help but since he doesn't know about the implant, he believes that the healer can do more.

She grabs another couple of non-invasive tools from the cart. "Some kind of implant in his head is delivering noisy signals to the surrounding neurons... I don't know what it's for, and I can't risk removing it, but it is clearly malfunctioning. We should be able to isolate and disable it to stop the pain for now..." She fiddles with the blocky phone, shines a blue flashlight on Jason's scalp, and carefully draws a pattern across his head.
An implant? Then I might be able to help. If you'll allow? He asks Jason, putting his wand away. His compassion have overshadowed his suspecious nature for now.
If allowed he'll pierce Jason's skull with his blade until it touching the implant. When he draws out the blade no damage is done to Jason. I'll need engineering equiptment, can you give me permission to access the workshop? He asks Leandra.
So in the process of learning the objects past the blade passed through Jason meaning I also learned his past.
However since noone is from bleach nobody knows.
The "permission to acces workshop" is assuming that the ship has such a workshop.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-27, 09:50 AM
Tom stopped his castings when the man moved to stab his patient. "Hold it!"

Reflexively, a flurry of magic spewed from Khelben, all aiming to disarm or hold Will still. Professor X added his powers to the frenzy, as Zobek urged a spector to materialize and absorb the blade stroke.
His life story is that he served as a warrior in the name of his lord for a few dozen years before dying of an unknown illness.

A blade materialized in Tom's hand, and he moved to smack the blade away. "Without proper explaination, I will not allow you to stab a patient in sick bay. I have no way of knowing your intent here."
The blade just sprang into existance a moment ago.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-27, 10:13 AM
Sophie sits back in her seat, letting go of the controls to the Gurren. "Well, right now the plan is pretty straightforwards. Step 1, get to the portal. Step 2, stab the portal to death. It's just the few seconds before and after the second step that pose an issue."

Q'telun
2015-01-27, 10:22 AM
Richard bares his teeth in a feral grin. "If there's anything in between you and the portal the rest of Team Dai Gurren'll tear them down with our bare hands!"

The Gurren Lagann kicks off from its run, and the jets on its back flare to life. Its soon skimming the tops of the trees, the landscape giving way to desert. A cone of green forms around the mech, gradually coalescing into a shimmering drill. "Initiating Perceptual Teleportation!"

KTW_Girl
2015-01-27, 10:49 AM
"Well, I'll be on the ground fighting with my sword, not my bare hands. But the point is the same. You won't be alone in this fight, Sophie."

thethird
2015-01-27, 10:55 AM
Booker observes as his clones, who he expected to go walking, are beamed into the Star Trek by leandra. They take Jacob and Jason with them and most of the room is emptied then.

"Huh. That seems useful."

Booker presses a hand against the table, and pulls up. A staff of wood elongates from the table, apparently creating matter without much trouble. Once he has enough material he touches the base cutting it perfectly, the table doesn't appear to have changed in any manner. He does the same process with one of the knives, getting more metal than there was initially in the tool. Once he is done he presses metal and wood together. In his hands both materials dance as if they were made of water, changing shapes and forms until it becomes a small totem (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j3bnvWGroak/TfNu-qwy9cI/AAAAAAAAASg/VPEKsCrYRVs/s1600/Windshear%2BTotem.jpg). Behind it there are several inscrived seals and glyphs. One of the clones should be doing the same aboard the Enterprise.

"Mr. Goodeman I'm going to leave this here... as a token of appreciation. It doesn't have any magic in it, it's just for keeping bad spirits away. Before I leave. To recap. There is a portal. The portal is bad. Bad things are coming out of the portal. We don't know where the portal is. Nor how to stop it. But we need to stop it. Am I right?"

ArlEammon
2015-01-27, 11:09 AM
Booker observes as his clones, who he expected to go walking, are beamed into the Star Trek by leandra. They take Jacob and Jason with them and most of the room is emptied then.

"Huh. That seems useful."

Booker presses a hand against the table, and pulls up. A staff of wood elongates from the table, apparently creating matter without much trouble. Once he has enough material he touches the base cutting it perfectly, the table doesn't appear to have changed in any manner. He does the same process with one of the knives, getting more metal than there was initially in the tool. Once he is done he presses metal and wood together. In his hands both materials dance as if they were made of water, changing shapes and forms until it becomes a small totem (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j3bnvWGroak/TfNu-qwy9cI/AAAAAAAAASg/VPEKsCrYRVs/s1600/Windshear%2BTotem.jpg). Behind it there are several inscrived seals and glyphs. One of the clones should be doing the same aboard the Enterprise.

"Mr. Goodeman I'm going to leave this here... as a token of appreciation. It doesn't have any magic in it, it's just for keeping bad spirits away. Before I leave. To recap. There is a portal. The portal is bad. Bad things are coming out of the portal. We don't know where the portal is. Nor how to stop it. But we need to stop it. Am I right?"

"Exactly, also, none of us remember ever seeing the Portal, but more on that later." Goodeman stated. He walked to his study. "Okay, I'll be at home if you need me. The Estate is a pocket dimension cohabiting the same time space as this Earth. You can come here whenever you want, there's even a new setting for it on the Enterprise. Also, some of you can get here from anywhere you want. Oh, and one more thing, one of us will be checking on Jacob since he's one of the Primary Egoes. I've contacted several different Incarnae, I don't know who will answer the call."

Back on the ship. . . Picard and Data both receive calls from the Tricorder. "Captain?" It was Commander Riker, and finally, the others. Of the original crew, Geordie LaForge, Beverly Crusher, and Riker were the only ones left. As luck would have it, however, Commander Worf was on a very rare vacation, er. . . exile, from the Klingon Empire. They had an understanding. Some kind of traditional Klingon thing where a Warrior could gain honor, whatever the hell that meant in Klingon Culture, by symbolically taking on the dishonor of someone who had both dishonored and also redeemed themself. One of Worf's friends in the Klingon Empire had deserted the Empire but as it turns out he was only defecting to the other side to gain Intelligence.

Still though, he did it as his own volition and was no professional spy. He found out that his fellow officers were already defectors, and relaying secrets to the enemy. C'tan, son of Goezhra, was given the symbolic sentence of execution, but in reality, Worf stepped in to save him, taking his sentence on himself, which lowered the sentence to Exile. Worf then met a challenge of one on one combat for the chance to redeem himself, and he handily defeated a younger opponent. Crusher was just a Doctor, the ship was her home now, and Riker was Riker, the ship would always be home.

thethird
2015-01-27, 11:12 AM
"How are you going to transmit that intel later if we just leave to deal with it?"

Sønderjye
2015-01-27, 11:40 AM
Not recieving an answer Will pokes Jason, hoping that he'll get a responds. He'll gesture that he want to ask something.
What he'll answer is in the post above. We can proceed from there is Jason approves.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-27, 12:02 PM
"Thanks for the support, but that's not quite what I mean." Sophie says, letting her head fall back. "We don't know how big the portal is, so I don't know if Shiki's... right, say hi, Shiki."

"I am glad to meet the two of you. The fact we have two Heroic Spirits on our side will likely make this endeavor much easier."

"Anyway, Shiki has what are called the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Means I can see lines on anything that I think of as alive that I can trace to destroy it's existence. But the lines go all the way across the object, so I might, well, I might need to be thrown at it. Which is where the problems come in. I'm pretty sure that I can stay with the line once I slow down a little, but I don't know how easy it'll be to stay on target while I'm going however fast this thing can throw me at."

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-27, 12:16 PM
Will was actually suprised that everyone took action so quickly. He would guess that when 30 people were gathered and told that the universe depended on them, the bystander apathy would take effect and people would just stand around waiting for someone else to take responsibility. He supposed it was possible that the violent lives(and deaths) of 6 people would change that.

With the environment suddenly changing from that of a party to that of a spaceship Will is sucked inwards until he disappears and reappears a couple of meters away with drawn wands and sword in a defensive position. His eyes have a trapped look as he looks around for dangers. Finding none he lowers his weapons but still have a tense body language. With a forced calm smile he asks A warning next time please?

Unsettled by the new environment and the possibility for traps he scraps his sword over the surface of the floor.
So Shukuro's blade has the ability to learn the past of people and things by touching them. However my knowledge of Star Trek is very limited. Can someone give me a quick overview of the ships history? Also if it has an artificial personality a brief summary of that would be nice. And who Data and Captain Picard is from the ships point of view.
He'll also know if there's traps and what dangers the ship prove to him.

Looking a Jason's agony he feels pity. He wants to help but since he doesn't know about the implant, he believes that the healer can do more.

An implant? Then I might be able to help. If you'll allow? He asks Jason, putting his wand away. His compassion have overshadowed his suspecious nature for now.

Not recieving an answer Will pokes Jason, hoping that he'll get a responds. He'll gesture that he want to ask something.
What he'll answer is in the post above. We can proceed from there is Jason approves.

If allowed he'll pierce Jason's skull with his blade until it touching the implant. When he draws out the blade no damage is done to Jason. I'll need engineering equiptment, can you give me permission to access the workshop? He asks Leandra.
So in the process of learning the objects past the blade passed through Jason meaning I also learned his past.
The "permission to acces workshop" is assuming that the ship has such a workshop.

Tom stopped his castings when the man moved to stab his patient. "Hold it!"

Reflexively, a flurry of magic spewed from Khelben, all aiming to disarm or hold Will still. Professor X added his powers to the frenzy, as Zobek urged a spector to materialize and absorb the blade stroke.
His life story is that he served as a warrior in the name of his lord for a few dozen years before dying of an unknown illness.

A blade materialized in Tom's hand, and he moved to smack the blade away. "Without proper explaination, I will not allow you to stab a patient in sick bay. I have no way of knowing your intent here."
The blade just sprang into existance a moment ago.

Jason turns out to be fast asleep, and does not respond to being poked. He is therefore unable to give consent for Will to perform his weird swordy assistance. As a direct result, the events of darklink_shadow's post do not occur.

Leandra may or may not have already left the room at this point; that is up to her player.

Sønderjye
2015-01-27, 12:32 PM
"I myself have things that I need to do." Will says. If nobody have any arguments to him leaving he'll leave promising to come back in half a couple of minutes with contact information.

1. Withdraw 20 millions from his bank account. If they refuse to let him withdraw the money because he's underage he'll threaten to swap bank, causing the guy who refused him to be responsible for a 55 million drop in the bank.
2. Creates a new account in another bank, giving the bank informations. Putting 20 million dollar into it. Bait with potential insert of more money if needed.
3. Buy a new phone, giving the same false information to the company and signing bank account 2 to the subscription.

If things go in his way he'll abberate back to the ship and give everything of importance his new number for communication purposes. He'll also leave a note at Jason's bed,

To Jason
I might be able to fix the implant so it won't hurt you again but I didn't want to do it without your permission. Call me if you're interested on [phone number]
Will

He'll then abberate to Goodeman's mansion and ask "Are you ready to answer the questions now? Also I'd like to add another: How long do we have to move before things become critical?

XIII
2015-01-27, 12:45 PM
Assasin. Means he kills thing for money. I guess this paranoia is good for something do you have any abilities of finding targets? If so I'd like to buy your services for a couple millions. ​Will grins.

"Finding, hiding, killing.... And so much more. Just depends on what you need."

"I never took cash for a kill... Just took what I needed..."

"All I ever did was kill for money. Until I found bigger and better things..."

"Silly boys. I did it for personal and political reasons. Civil rights movement, lets call it"

"Cash was good, but the killing itself is what I liked.

"It was my job to kill, and oh did I kill. Lowly pigs and even once, a god!"

"I only killed out necessity! If I didn't the Paladin's would have killed me! You people are insane!

A chorus of laughter echoed in Lucas' head as the assassins laughed at the survivor.

"What is that?"

Looking at Lucas when he mentions assassin, and trying not to scoff at the concept.

"Lucas do we need to cover our own backs or are we in the same metaphorical ship?"
I'm technically an assassin too, a ninja.
Did you murder anyone in cold blood?
Not really, that's not my path of the ninja.
Then you are not an assassin in my book.
Don't you dare trust an assassin.
Sometimes being a trained assassin isn't the problem, I've got Cursor training too.
Isn't that a glorified postman?
That's what we want people to think, we are more like spies and maybe assassins some time.
I won't work with assassins!
Quiet everyone.

"None of you have anything to worry about... Unless someone gives me a good reason. The gentlemen and lady upstairs have their own motives. The strongest one just wanted to live in peace and do good... But that didn't work out. He was hunted all his life and became the greatest killer in the universe out of necessity. One used to work for money, but once he learned to love himself, he changed. The lady was an activist. Equal rights at any cost. They came after her people, it was genocide. The most innocent one did it because he had to, because he was hunted for what he was. But the last two.... Oh, they're different. I could show you their faces too."

The voices in Lucas' head argued amongst themselves about having their faces shown, but then stopped. Some time in the spotlight would make them all happy, even Riddick. They all had one thing in common after all, they enjoyed sowing terror.

thethird
2015-01-27, 01:50 PM
[B]"None of you have anything to worry about... Unless someone gives me a good reason. The gentlemen and lady upstairs have their own motives. The strongest one just wanted to live in peace and do good... But that didn't work out. He was hunted all his life and became the greatest killer in the universe out of necessity. One used to work for money, but once he learned to love himself, he changed. The lady was an activist. Equal rights at any cost. They came after her people, it was genocide. The most innocent one did it because he had to, because he was hunted for what he was. But the last two.... Oh, they're different. I could show you their faces too."

The voices in Lucas' head argued amongst themselves about having their faces shown, but then stopped. Some time in the spotlight would make them all happy, even Riddick. They all had one thing in common after all, they enjoyed sowing terror.

Well that works for me, then. If I happen to give you a reason I might appreciate the warning. Sometimes I'm oblivious to other's getting moody about my doings. Would you like a ride to the ship? Everyone else left.

Assuming Lucas will like to hook up with Booker he will teleport both of them, to the totem that one of his Bookerclones crafted (if not he will do this on his own).

Now let's find the captain... where is he?

Booker dismisses all the Bookerclones learning what they learned up to this point, mostly the distribution of the Enterprise and that both Jason and Jacob are stable. He also learns where the captain is casting his magic. Booker will move there and wait till he has finished whatever spell he is casting, trying not to interrupt, unless it takes a really long time in which case he will rasp his throat.

Oh captain, my captain. Everyone has boarded and the two residents of the sickbay are on stable condition. I would like to fill two requests if possible. First of all I need a big private room, big being supeditated to available space and fanciness of the room not being an important factor, holograms and stuff would be awesome but not required. Second of all...

He wills a gun into existence.

That's my gun!
I know, don't worry we still have another one.
What do you intend to do with it?
Give me a second to speak, will you?

This gun is a weird ensemble of technology beyond my understanding. It doesn't fire bullets, per se, but fires energy. As someone who can redirect energy it is clearly valuable to me. I can replicate myself but I doubt I could replicate the gun. Is it within your capacity to o so?

He offers the weapon to Tom.

Oh, now that I think about it. The shades I'm wearing are used to display intel and communicate if they could be linked to the Enterprise that would be great.

ArlEammon
2015-01-27, 01:58 PM
"Well, when I say deal with it, all I mean is, scan it, investigate it, study it. We know that some Malignant Portals don't always just pour monsters and shape shifters out of them. Some of them just float there and seem to do nothing. It's frightening some of us out. We know there's something unnatural about the Malignant Portal. Some of us are even having nightmares and dreams about the damn thing, and some of us are supposed to be incapable of fear. In fact, the aspect Courage took the impact of the Malignatis, that is, the name for a plurality of these portals, the hardest. He is still on what you might call life support right now. We would be done for if he dies. That's one reason why the Incarnae are all busy just performing their routine duties and gathering armies to fight the Malignatis. It's terrifying all of us, although not all of the time. Still though, the Malignatis is showing dangerous sighs of growing louder. If we can't stop it from growing or at least making their voices grow quiet, other aspects of the universe will start to fail."

"I can't even explain to you some of the worst implications we feel will happen once the portals grow much louder than they already are. They involve slavery, damnation of innocent and saintly souls, and holocausts that make the Shoah of the nineteen forties look like a feud between the Hatfields and McCoys. Don't even get me started on what could happen to allegedly purely omnipotent beings. Even evil monsters that we hate are dreading the absolute worst reality that we can foresee, because of the suffering it will bring."

darklink_shadow
2015-01-27, 02:06 PM
Khelben finishes his spell, and a hunk of adamantine lurches forward, and slowly trudged off.

Taking the gun, Tom inspects it briefly. "I can likely produce a few dozen of these within an equal amount of minutes. As for the shades, I'll need to inspect them, to see how well they will interface."

"Computer." Picard called out, to be responded by a series of chirps. "Transport us to engineering."

If Booker gives up his shades, Tom will scan those first and report that they will be able to upgrade them anytime. The computer can do that after about an hour of configuration.

After another set of chirps, they were transported nearly instantly. He sets the gun down, and a scanner looks it over. After a few moments, the computer chirps happily, and Tom looks at a console. "Even better. The computer can produce these. Any replicator can be asked to create a... Booker Energy Gun. Just ask the computer for help. Computer? Transport Booker to Holodeck 7, and give him a tutorial on it. And transport me to the Bridge."

ArlEammon
2015-01-27, 02:35 PM
As the Bridge was in view, Picard was fully integrated from his molecularized state off of his teleportation. . . to see Geordie Le Forge and remaining crew there. Former Security Chief Worf, who was a Captain right now, was also there, invited to help solve problems as they did in the old days. Worf rolled his eyes. "Damn it Captain, can't I go to the bathroom without there being some kind of problem with time space distortion, dimensional rifts, or other insanity?" Deanna Troy was also mysteriously transported back to the Briefing Room.

"The gang is all here now." Doctor Crusher commented. "We are quite confused Captain. In fact, we have no idea why were all here in the first place". They all looked around. "Suddenly we found ourselves transported off the ship, and back on to the ship. Everyone remembers undergoing some kind of teleportation effect. Then we were transported right back here. In Earth's orbit. . . during the year of 2016? We thought our insanity was all over".

Sønderjye
2015-01-27, 02:40 PM
Will must have arrived after Lucas and Bookerreal left because they weren't at the mansion when he arrived. He nods at the information, considering it for 4 picoseconds and then have more questions ready

Are there more dormant souls inside us?(you can ignore this if it's plot relevant)
Obviously I have a fake understanding on the universe, how does it actually work?
But if you're much more powerful than us how should we be able to locate the portals if you're unable to?
What happens if we pass through a portal?
Tell me more about Malignant. Who are they, where do they come from, what can they do,, can they die and if not what do we need to do to prevent the universe from dying?

Is there an Incarnae for suffering? If not what is the reason that they haven't stopped the suffering on earth? If there is would I be stepping on his toes if I minimized it?
How many members are there in the administration(Feel free to ignore this if it makes stuff more interesting)
Which Incarnae are you? Souls?

Will looks around in the mansion. What are the other 19 people done with their powers? He recalls there being around 30 and he only knows what about 11 of them have done.

Feel free to not answer any of the questions if you think it'll make things easier or more interesting but please point out which ones you leave out so I don't repeat them

Q'telun
2015-01-27, 02:49 PM
Richard scratches the back of his head.

She knows what we are, but is she a magus? Watch her.

Simon?

It can throw pretty fast, I can personally attest to that fact. Ask her if she personally needs to cut it, or could she do it in a suit of armor?

"Hey Sophie, could you cut the thing from in here, if we got you a sword big enough?"

ArlEammon
2015-01-27, 02:51 PM
Mister Goodeman explaining things

"Yes. There are dormant souls inside you. . . Dormant souls are the souls that have not awakened yet. The ones we have brought here were the last ones to join you."

"It's difficult to explain how the Omniverse works. Suffice to say, even the universe with it's MANY galaxies, is less than a speck of dust compared to the grand monument of the Omni."

"I CAN give you a general guestimate of where the Malignatis are. I can't pin point it exactly enough for you to just transport there, however".

"Don't pass through the portal, we don't even know if we could survive it".

"The Malignatis are portals. They are just portals as far as we know. They generally just mutate, or somehow deviate the universe around them, but sometimes there are some strange creatures that emerge from the portal. That has only happened a handful of times so far, though."

"The Incarnae of Suffering is in charge of running a portion of the universe. He can occasionally relieve people's suffering, but in order to make sure the universe doesn't lose one of it's foundations, he has to keep suffering running at it's fullest. It doesn't mean he likes it, however. He is a good Incarnae, not all of us are, but he allows circumventions and loopholes in the Cosmic Law which doesn't harm it's integrity."

"There's more than you'd think, but we don't think it's wise to share that information".

"I'm an Incarnae without a specific Estate. It's difficult to explain, but I could speak of it more later".

thethird
2015-01-27, 02:54 PM
(Booker will leave the shades)

"Awesome Captain, thanks."

If there is a replicator in Booker's new room he will use it to produce five guns and a glass of water, if there is no replicator he will navigate towards the closest one and acquire the guns and water before being back into the room.

"Okay, computer brief me into what this room is capable of doing and more importantly what this room can whitstand. I don't want to wreck it. I will also if you don't mind reinforce the room through metal crafting. It's... let's call it magic. It just makes metal stronger. Trust me on that."

(I'm going with wikipedia on holodecks)

Why are you talking to a room?
It's the polite thing to do.
You ask rooms for permission before breaking them down?
I would rather the room stand what we are going to do.

Booker puts his hands against the wall and makes it denser. It increases the number of atoms in the wall beyond what would otherwise be possible perfecting it. Once that is done he increases the thickness drawing the wall in, making the room imperceptibly smaller. After that he sets a wall of compressed air almost as hard as the walls behind it covering the whole room. It is more than enough to sustain his weight. He sets small totems in every corner of the room, both on the floor and the roof, to ensure that the new air walls are even more resistant.

"Good first thing first. Let's gather up."

Booker makes six clones of himself, the seven stand on a circle.

"One of you to the infirmary, let's make sure that if the patients wake up there is someone to brief them. Put on a blue uniform or something. If anything happens contact me through the water."

A clone departs. As he does his clothes shift from the normal Booker clothing.

"Now for the fun part..." He tosses a gun to each of the remaining five clones. "Computer I don't want to be interrupted. Obviously the Captian can override my command, but if he does have him inform me in advance. Pretty please with a cherry on top. For everyone's safety."

He turns back to the clones. "Each one of you are going to subsume control to one of the souls inside. Thrall, Tavi, Korra, Bishop and Naruto." He signals each of them. "For ease of identification, you all know how to do water crafting, don't you? Done your appearances." Tavi, being the water crafter does it faster, soon a young man dressed in a legionary armor is standing where there was a Bookerclone. The other follow suit.

"Nice to finally see you all face to face."
"Yeah, same thing."
"Nice to be myself."
"Or as close as we can get to that given the circumstances."
"I can agree with both feelings."
"Can I get my hammer?"
"Sorry, I forgot about it." He materializes Doomhammer and passes it to Thrall.

"We all learn through practice. Most of our power moves overlap and thanks to Korra's we have a vague idea of how everything works. Now it's time to combine it. Each of you has the same powers you are going to fight among yourselves. Only three rules. No avatar mode, nor sage mode, no room destruction. Before we start we need some material. Alera?"

A female spirit appears into the room now that she has been conciously thought off. Her eyes constantly change color, from the color of steel to the colors of gemstones, such as emerald and sapphires. Her clothing appears to be made of thick, shimmering fog, and her face is youthful, while her hair is gray with streams of red.

What?
We will need some earth, water, wood, metal and stuff available to make things interesting.
You know there are rules.
I know, but...
Rules.
There are no more Alerans, Alera.
*sigh*

Earth, water and plants manifest on the ground covering it instantly, where before there was nothing. It is still not touching the metal walls, suspended on the air floor.

Thank you.

"Shall we begin?"

Booker stands back as his five manifested personalities fight each other.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-27, 02:56 PM
Artoria, Nia, Rias, what's he planning?

I doubt it has anything to do with my pawn, so I don't exactly know

They may be planning to project a sword large enough for this machine to use, but that would require an enermous energy expenditure.

It may be as simple as teaching Miss Sophie to do a certain move though.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-27, 02:56 PM
"Well, the problem isn't the size. It's the accuracy. The blade has to go precisely through the line for the cut to work like it should, and they aren't exactly enormous. At least the ones on people aren't."

Q'telun
2015-01-27, 02:59 PM
The Gae Bulg.

Why are you bringing my spear up?

I know how it works now. I can project it in a more complete form with that knowledge.

"Would a spear work?"

Sønderjye
2015-01-27, 03:06 PM
"Thank you" Will responds. "Ehm I don't know if you really needs this but would you like my number to contact me? Do you have a way I can a hold on you?"

If the last question is answered by a no then Will'll some way of communicating when they need or have more information.

If that's settled then he'll apperate away.

Erase his existance.
1. Reads all the books necesarry for taking a PHD in computer science and programming. He already knew how to make toys and sentient robots(from megamind) but considering that it was another universe the technology might have been different.
2. Now being a master in hacking he buys the equiptment he needs, casts the disillusionment charm on himself turning him invisible and abberates to whereever the main database for civil information is. He'll use his past-learning swordstabbing to learn where in the building the database is, what security measures there is and where he can find backups. When he finds it he'll delete all information regarding him, making it so he essentially never existed and so nobody can find and harm his family.

Start project utopia
3. Read the books necesarry to get a PHD in agroculture, engineering, building technology, psychology and math.
4. A quick search on the web reveals that Greenland has a large unhabited landmass. He'll figure out some way to buy a large chunk of land which I don't imagine to be too hard since Greenland is a poor country.
5. Buying various materials and transporting them to his newly bought estate. This might exceed the current wealth but I'll proceed as if it doesn't exceed. Tell me if I'm wrong and I'll find a way to get more money.
6. Use the materials and the information gained from the PDH's and the past of the Enterprice to make some buildings.
We're looking at living quaters for 1000 people. Some in houses of varying size and some in dorms.
Eating quarters with cafeteria for the same number, divided into segments.
Different workplaces: Crop-fields and greenhouses with artificial light, labs, libraries with study rooms and rooms for lectures, places for crafting clothes, Kindergarden
Various sports facilities.
Glass coridors between the housing area, the general area(eating room), the sports area and the work area.
Everything is recycled. Examples: The air ventilation ectracts water from the air keeping the humidity down despite human sweat and leads through the greenhouses to replenish oxygen. Food leftovers will be used for plants.
Any wall or window directly exposed to the outside is isolated to perfection using the Enterprice's technology.
Generally the visible rooms look like something from a magazine.

Powers used for this: Flash speed, Megamind intelligence, Shukuro's book of the end, ability to fly and strength, Moody's magic.

For reference on how long this'll take:
In the flash vol 3 from 2010, the flash reads a bunch of books to get the knowledge of housebuilding and then builds said house in moments.
So I don't think it's unreasonable to think that this can be done in a couple of hours if he really tries to be fast.

When he's done he'll apparate back to the ship and seek for the others. When he finds them he'll ask if they have the time to discuss a project that only regards the earth and not the portal. Does anybody seem interested?

darklink_shadow
2015-01-27, 03:24 PM
Tom took the commander's chair. "A bold new threat, one that would destroy not only our universe, but all universes. We are not even in the universe we were once in, nor the same time stream. We are at a central universe which has a tear in reality. Evil creatures will pour out at some time in the near future, and the only way to stop them and save reality is to close the portal. That is all we know. There are other allies, some in the ship, and a few we ran off earlier. We might come in contact with those others, or we might not. We to the portal and begin scans. If any threats appear, retreat for now. Engage."

Just then, some man appeared. "Let's hear your idea. The ship can handle many of the details. Worf, you have the bridge." Tom stood, and lead the newcomer to a meeting room nearby.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-27, 03:25 PM
"Um, Shiki has more knowledge about this than me, so I'll let her field the questions directly for now."

"I do not believe so. On the Lines that I am used to, the thickest that I would comfortably say that they could be traced with would be a finger."

ArlEammon
2015-01-27, 03:40 PM
Tom took the commander's chair. "A bold new threat, one that would destroy not only our universe, but all universes. We are not even in the universe we were once in, nor the same time stream. We are at a central universe which has a tear in reality. Evil creatures will pour out at some time in the near future, and the only way to stop them and save reality is to close the portal. That is all we know. There are other allies, some in the ship, and a few we ran off earlier. We might come in contact with those others, or we might not. We to the portal and begin scans. If any threats appear, retreat for now. Engage."

Just then, some man appeared. "Let's hear your idea. The ship can handle many of the details. Worf, you have the bridge." Tom stood, and lead the newcomer to a meeting room nearby.

The man was the Incarnae, auspiciously calling himself Howard. "Hello Captain. I am Howard. The Incarnae, I'm here to help examine Mister Carolson. As I understand it this ship is quite a gem stone of ingenuity from Star Fleet's finest engineers and scientists. I can make sure that I could do some things for the medically disinclined that even Starfleet Science can't." He shook the Captain's hand.

Q'telun
2015-01-27, 04:01 PM
"All you would have to do is throw it, and it would have already hit your target."

darklink_shadow
2015-01-27, 04:25 PM
Tom paused and then nodded. "Of course. Will, was it? We can discuss your plan after... Howard treats our sick patients."

Tom gestured to the man, and then lead him to sick bay.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-27, 04:25 PM
Is he talking about... He shouldn't be able to produce that with that level of accuracy.

"Uh, Richard, or Archer, whichever, Saber wants to know if you're going to project that spear."

Sønderjye
2015-01-27, 04:47 PM
"Correct. I didn't get your name?" Will answers and first extends his hand to greet Tom and then Howard "Nice to meet you Howard, are you a doctor?" he asks while gently poking the both minds to see if his mind is guarded and if mental communication were possible.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-27, 05:31 PM
Tom shook Will's hand. <<Hello William. We are collectively know as Tom at the moment. I am Professor Charles Xavier.>> The professor had been quiet often, but his telepathy was much easier to use than Khelben's.

Sønderjye
2015-01-27, 05:45 PM
Will jumps a little at the voice in his head. In retrospec that's probably what he should have expected when he lowered his shields this much however if he just raised them again he wouldn't be able to speak..

In his imagination he bend the shields such that they surrounded his thoughts and mind but left a single small hole such that he could recieve information in small quantities. Honestly I don't know if this is allowed in the HP universe but I know you can do it on other universes.
Crap, did he get my entire name or just my full first name?! <<It's nice to meet you Tom. And you too Professor X, I've read lots about you>>

darklink_shadow
2015-01-27, 05:58 PM
Tom smiled at the man's jumpy reaction. <<Read a lot about me? I'm afraid I don't... ah. I see. Someone right now, in... Fort Worth Texas, is reading about me as well. Oh my. Everything about all of us is in these little books! Well. I didn't know that about Logan. I wonder if he knows about that? Probably not, he seems to have forgotten. How curious. How is it that this world has comic books detailing everything about my universe? How absolutely amazing. Is my universe actually created by the very ideas from a man? Does my world have men who create worlds from their minds? Hallack! Look, there is a man reading a book titled Dune. You're in it. Amazing! Truly, it is amazing! Anyways, William, don't worry, I won't read your mind without permission.>>

Anyways, right this way. We can speak as we are, or over the personnel to personnel communicators. Computer? Put a personnel communicator on every person's shirt who is aboard.

CIVILLIAN BOOKER DOES NOT WISH TO BE DISTURBED. CONTINUE?

Belay that. Put one on every one but Booker, then.

Sønderjye
2015-01-27, 06:09 PM
Will silently curses his lack of x-men enthusiasm and thus lack of x-man knowledge <<Are you actually able to read minds on that distance? Mr. Goodeman claimed that no your universe are not created by the idea of a man but maybe the man had a soul from that world that partly awokened giving him vision from it? Just a wild guess. Would you mind testing if you can read my mind without permission?>> He asks, boltering his mental defences and briefly closing the hole in his defences. If he doesn't hear any telepathy for 3 seconds he'll open the hole and if he still hears nothing he'll ask So?

Will silently curses his lack of star trek enthusiasm and thus lack of star trek knowledge. That is until he realises that he can just dig into the ships memory to figure out what a personnel communicator does.
Google has told some things about it but does it do anything beside communication? Like does it have a tracker?

DoctorFaust
2015-01-27, 06:13 PM
"And, ah, what spear would that be?"

Q'telun
2015-01-27, 06:26 PM
"The Gae Bolg. The spear of Cu Chulainn, Hound of Ulster."

The mech vanishes from the real world, entering a space of stars and light in a long tunnel. It soon reaches the end, pressing out through a small hole and back into real space above... to call it a horde would do it injustice. To call it an army would besmirch the name of every army that ever fought. Below the mech is a seething mass of dark and horror, in eldritch tongues they cry out in pain and pleasure. And stretching high into the sky above them, a black wound mars the horizon. Ever more of the horrors below surge forth from this jagged hole, and in the dark behind them giants loom. Richard pulls the Gurren Lagann out of a dive, and hovers above the killing field. Far behind them, sun touches the golden plains of an unknowable world. His smile fades, and he pushes a pair of glasses up and into place.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-27, 06:27 PM
Tom nods, and then Xavier slowly says <<Will. Will. Will! Will! WILL! WILL!>> at Will's mind, testing and probing his defenses.

I have no idea if it'll get through. I think it might, he is supposed to be the most powerful telepath ever, with the power to read minds at 250 miles with no effort, and read minds are far as the outer reaches of deep space with effort. Up to you, though.

At the same time, Tom speaks "The communicator has a tracker, a communication protocol, and a few small abilities, none worth mentioning at this level of power. It allows for an instant lock for the transporter to beam you to safety. Did you ask that out loud? No? You thought about it too hard, and I heard it."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-27, 09:14 PM
Alice takes a breath when she sees the tableau before them. "This may be difficult for us with just Gurren Lagann. Richard, I'm going to support Miss Sophie in her attack run, will you be okay to run this by yourself?"

Q'telun
2015-01-27, 09:20 PM
Richard laughs, as if the thought of not being able to power a 2 story war machine by himself is hilarious. "Between me and Simon I think we got this. Don't get killed out there, okay?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-27, 11:21 PM
Sophie opens the mouth of the Gurren and stares out at the horde arrayed against them. "Well," she stammers, "That's a lot more enemies than I thought it would be."

She stay there a moment, steeling herself, before finally drawing a sharp breath and walking back up the Gurren Lagann and onto it's arm. "However you're going to get me that spear, do it soon. I give you 30 seconds before my nerve fails completely."

ArlEammon
2015-01-27, 11:57 PM
Tom nods, and then Xavier slowly says <<Will. Will. Will! Will! WILL! WILL!>> at Will's mind, testing and probing his defenses.

I have no idea if it'll get through. I think it might, he is supposed to be the most powerful telepath ever, with the power to read minds at 250 miles with no effort, and read minds are far as the outer reaches of deep space with effort. Up to you, though.

At the same time, Tom speaks "The communicator has a tracker, a communication protocol, and a few small abilities, none worth mentioning at this level of power. It allows for an instant lock for the transporter to beam you to safety. Did you ask that out loud? No? You thought about it too hard, and I heard it."

Scanning telepathically reveals to you nothing but trace memories. You remember that the Incarnae, Goodeman stated that the Portal wasn't on the Earth, in so many words. he wouldn't have given you a star ship if that were the case. However, Howard follows Picard to Sick Bay. He looks at the unconcious body of Jacob Ron Carolson. "Ah. . . it seems as if he is taking everything with a grain of salt. He's taking everything with a grain of salt far too hard for his own good." Howard stepped up to Jake's body and harshly threw him against the Sick Bay walls.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-28, 12:00 AM
Tom finds Leandra on the bridge, sitting at the pilot's console in the front. She's already transferred a number of control functions and started investigating the portals, identifying them on the ship's sensors with some help from the friendly incarnae. The closest of the portals is displayed on the giant view screen that normally acts as the ship's windshield.

A giant, swirling, purplish maelstrom.
Typical. A gateway to hell... there must be some way to close it... Or, we could go see what's on the other side! Come on, you guys are supposed to be explorers, aren't you?

...why wasn't the rest of the crew affected?

"...Howard," Leandra says. "I am still puzzled by something. Presumably, each consciousness that was drawn here had to be brought along certain channels in order for them to all occupy the same reality. Yet, rather than seeking out those in this reality who likely share their spirits, you seem to have brought some members of the Enterprise crew directly here."

Also, I am surprised that the computer would readily accept a command to use so much transporter power to distribute comm badges, or respond to such a command by reporting on a passenger's mental state. Do not draw too much attention to it. I suspect such concessions will be necessary if we are to advance this plot at any pace surpassing that of a slime mold.

The Enterprise is used primarily for exploration, and looking at its history as a whole yields a collection of individual encounters of varying stress and importance. People have fallen in love, married and given birth on this ship. It's fought in some random wars and defused others. It's run across strange new worlds and new civilizations. And yet, the capstone plot development that everyone remembers is that the Enterprise, and Picard in particular, has a very intimate history with The Borg Collective.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-28, 12:03 AM
Alice steps delicately out of the cockpit of Lagann and onto a shoulder pad. "Ah, before I go, Issei, your promotion point is the middle of this field. Do the Gremory household proud~" She then steps off into the air, falling fast.

On her descent, she draws her sword and utters a short prayer, "Blade of mine, aim well and strike true." With that done, she releases the Invisible Air guarding her sword. A brilliant light floods the field, purifying thoughts and granting a sense of calm as she descends ever faster towards the black swarms below. She lands, sword first, on the back of a beast the size of a small dragon, and with a decisive cut, removes its head from its body.

Wave after wave of pure evil and destructive force crashes against the light, but each one is driven back by the light of Excalibur, and the shield of Avalon. For now, none can hope to assault the Once and Future King.

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 12:10 AM
Richard grins with reckless abandon. "Alright, lets do this. Emiya, lead us off!" He rams the controls of Lagann forward, and the mech speeds off towards the portal.

Outside, a man in a red overcoat with white hair appears next to Sophie and begins chanting.
"I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created thousands of blades,
Each unknown to life, nor known to death.
Having withstood pain to create so many blades,
yet these hands will never hold anything.
SO AS I PRAY, UNLIMITED BLADEWORKS!"

The world shifts beneath them as the reality marble takes hold. The effect stays with the mech as it races to its doom, the cracked earth and giant gears never shifting. A barbed red spear appears next to the man, and he offers it to Sophie. "Once we get close enough, we'll throw you. Do you have a way to land safely?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 12:14 AM
Though startled by the sudden light, Sophie reacts quickly enough that she joins Alice's assault just after it starts. She points into the mass, and the largest bore guns ever mounted to a warship open fire. Dozens of 46cm shells launch at their enemies, the roar from the cannon approaching deafening. All those shells are joined by broadsides worth of musket shots, all gleaming gold, and all finding their mark.

She turns to the white-haired man, a crazed smile on her face. "Yeah, I have a landing strategy." Sophie points again, and a small yellow gem materializes next to Richard. "Never leave the mech."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-28, 12:16 AM
To catch up with what the other half of the party is doing:

Leandra's console starts making a sound like a broken alarm clock. "Captain! Or, everyone, for that matter! I'm picking up a signal from a ship within the portal, and a number of violent energy signatures."

Dramatic pause!

"It's the Gurren-Lagann. They've made contact."

ArlEammon
2015-01-28, 12:24 AM
Beverly Crusher was angry. "Bull sheet!" She yelled. "Captain! I demand that you stop this man from beating on my patients!" She ordered. It was a completely reasonable request after all. Meanwhile, everyone was called at an emergency. . . probably a yellow or orange alert. Meanwhile, the souls inside Jacob groaned. The Incarnae, called Howard was making their situation worse. "

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 12:24 AM
The man nods. "We will recover your body if we can." Then he phases out of existence along with the bounded field.

Inside the mech, a shirtless man with blue hair and the same color of eyes as Richard appears in the Gurren's cockpit. "So this... No time for that, we have a fight to win. Richard, lets show em how Dai-Gurren does it!"

"Right! Sophie, hold on tight!"

The jets on the back of the massive robot flare up, the wind screaming in the turbines as they fly ever closer to the abyssal maw of the portal.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 12:28 AM
"Roger!" she yells, magnetizing herself to the mech and grabbing the spear.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-28, 12:31 AM
Alice neatly dodges the broadside with a slash that takes off the head of several oozing horrors close to her. She gives a dainty wave to the departing mech, then stabs a creature through its facsimile of its head.

Alice, I think we're being left behind.

They'll come back for us, don't worry.

And we don't exactly need them, between all of our powers.

Thats right! We can do this, no problem!

But theres no end to these monsters! And I don't even know what they are! I wish Isaac were here to explain this...

AND THATS FOR PARIS! AND THATS FOR MENELAUS! AND THATS FOR NOT LETTING ME FIGHT!

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 12:38 AM
As soon as they hit the midway point of their flight, Richard calls out, "Promotion, Knight."

And then, almost impossibly, the speed increases. The beginnings of a mach cone form around the head of Lagann.

Inside, a number counts down rapidly. 100 km. 90 km. 80 km. 70 km. 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10...

And the big mech pulls up sharp. "CERTAIN KILL! WHO THE HELL." The arm Sophie is riding on springs back, then flies forward in a burst of acceleration, aimed perfectly to get the woman close to the portal, but not in it.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-28, 12:39 AM
Alice completely bisects one of the creatures, and on instinct alone shouts, "DO YOU THINK."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 12:40 AM
Sophie joins the cry, yelling out, "WE ARE!" before being tossed away towards the portal.

As she hurtles through the air towards the portal, her eyes shining like the clear blue sky, more and more of the portal's lines of death come into view, until finally, she sees it.

The point of death.

And she's headed straight for it. She speeds across the sky, a blue and red bolt of thunder wearing a madman's grin, until finally she hits the 100 meter mark.

And dies.

But their aim was true, and points of death do not require that the piercer be living.

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 12:48 AM
As she clears the portal, the Gurren Lagann is there to catch her. Gurren's mouth opens up, and the man inside softens the woman's blow with his own body. The mouth clamps shut again, and it swings towards the flashes of light in the dark.

"She all right, Simon?"

"Yeah, she will be."

As they get closer and closer, the top of Lagann opens once more and Richard roars out a single word. "ALICE!"

KTW_Girl
2015-01-28, 12:52 AM
Alice fought on alone in the dark. Excalibur burned with a holy fury as she hacked and slashed her way through the endless hordes.

And then his voice came like the stars through the clouds. She didn't turn, she didn't even bother looking, she simply jumped as high as she could, knowing that he'd catch her.

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-28, 12:56 AM
Jason was sufficiently exhausted that even being placed in a tub of water did not immediately wake him, although it did cause him to stir briefly. What finally did wake him was the sudden disappearance of the globe of shadow-stuff, a good twenty minutes or so after his arrival on the Enterprise. Even so, he didn't come to right away - for a minute or two, Jason drowsily allowed himself the fantasy that the events of the last hour were just a bad dream.

It didn't last. The fact that he was partially submerged in water, fully clothed, finally set off red flags in his brain, and the crash of Jacob hitting the wall was the last straw. Jason's eyes flew open.

He was immediately blinded. "****!" Jason swore, flailing his arms wildly and scrambling upright in the tub. His happy delusion of being alone inside his head was instantly dispelled by the chorus of protests from his Souls.
Welcome back, Ben greeted them dryly, sounding entirely too chipper for, well, any of the other Spirits' tastes at that moment. Kaidan, Loki and Ned all swore at him.
What is it with you humans and your love of bright lights?! Mayurra complained miserably.

It took several seconds for Jason's eyes to adjust well enough for him to see well enough to look around the unfamiliar - and still painfully bright - room. "Where the **** am I?" he demanded of no one in particular.

Hmm. I may be in error assuming that Jason is still in sickbay. I'd prefer it if he were, but I'll let those who have a clue decide that.

Sønderjye
2015-01-28, 07:19 AM
Will feels his defences shatter quickly and thoughts slipping out the cracks. "That's enough Charles", he says with a strained voice. Assuming the preassure is lifted he'll add after recovering "But thanks for the experience."
So Will would already know if the communicator had a tracker because it is an object from the ship's past. I included it in the post because I couldn't find it from a google search.
However Tom might noticed that Will knows much more about the device than he should have been able to baring previous experience

On the way to the sick bay Will had time to wonder about the memories that came to him. Specifically something about megamind's mindset puzzled him.
Megamind knew that he was intelligent, he often refered to himself as an evil mastermind but Will doubted that Megamind had any idea of how staggering his intelligence was.
Will was impressed that he had been able to give a robot artificial intelligence enough to act like a puppy and make a fish sentient and more intelligent than the average human. However that was nothing compared to his dehydration gun which he invented as a kid!
One thing was the fact that it was able ectract the water from the 70 trillion cells in an average human body, however the madness didn't stop here. Instead of leaving a mummy-like corpse with cracked skins and eyes turned to dust it left a nice 10-by-10 blue shining cube that was light enough that even megamind with his weak arms could carry it. These were the problems that Megamind was able to solve as a kid with technology equivalent to that of modern day:

Pulling the body together instead of leaving a dry corpse
Shaping the pulled mass into a cube.
Avoiding to kill people despite stopping all bodily functions.
Making the cube blue because he really liked the color
Making the cube light enough for him to carry.
Making the cube really hard to break.
RESTORY the dead inanimate cube into the human it was before.

Will took some time to think and this is what he came up with as problems and the explenations he collected from Megaminds' mind.

He must have used gravity, however the force he would need to do that is immense. If measured in weight bones are stronger than steel. They can bear a load of over 8600 kg before they break, meaning that they are stronger than concrete. At the same time there are no memomories of other people being sucked in by the gravitational force so there had to be a neutralizer just outside the target's skin.
The next problem was that he had wanted it to form a cube. As seen in planets the natural form of something shaped by gravity is round but Megamind didn't like the ball-like shape, it reminded him too much of the hated gym class. Aside from the main gravitational field he had to create 6 electromagnetic fields, one for each side of the cube, to give it the desired form.
Megamind used to like bragging about how evil he was but there was a limit and that limit was killing people. I.. He had included a mechanism that caused the inner part of the cube to reach absolute zero such that time essentially stood still for the person in the cube. The power to do this came in the form of radiation and that was also the reason to why it was shining.
He included a blue dye that while similar to that found in blue sodas would evaborate when exposed to water.
A human is roughly 57.8% water on average. That means that even without the water the cube typically would have weighted between 30-50 kg still. There's no way that I.. he would have been able to carry that when he was a kid. To counteract that he had put up an electro-magnetic field that somehow lessened the earth's pull in the cube yet without negating it entirely.
Considering how much mass there's in the cube it probably makes sense that it's very durable and can survive a terminal velocity fall.
So obvious the glass of water was just a trigger. The body were lacking approximately 57% water which was at least 20 litres even on small adults. This was quickly solved by extracting water from the air, Will stops his stream of thoughts for a second, stunned by the implications of Megamind's brilliance, Oh wauw! How the hall did he make that process so effective and fast. Only half a second in the interval just above absolute zero and the cells would have taken permanent damage. And how did transform a human with scattered and compressed cells into the real deal?! But he already knew the answer and it frightened him that such uncomprehendable intelligence had been entrusted to him.

-----

"Was that really necessary" Will asks with a raised eyebrown seing Jacob being thrown into a wall.

"You are on the UUS Enterprice at sick bay. How familiar are you with Star Trek?" Will responds, keeping his voice calm. "You have been out for some time, I left you a note in case you woke up before I returned but seems like I can give you the offer in person instead. Currently your implant is shut off but I think I might be able to fix it if you'll let me. It won't hurt but might be uncomfortable."
If allowed he'll pierce Jason's skull with his blade until it touching the implant. When he draws out the blade no damage is done to Jason. I'll need engineering equiptment, can you give me permission to access the workshop? He asks Tom.

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-28, 07:25 AM
It took several seconds for Jason's eyes to adjust well enough for him to see well enough to look around the unfamiliar - and still painfully bright - room. "Where the **** am I?" he demanded of no one in particular.

"You are on the USS Enterprise in sick bay. How familiar are you with Star Trek?" Will responds, keeping his voice calm.

"Enough to know that that's impossible and yet somehow actually happening?" Jason ventured, squinting up at Will.

"You have been out for some time," - By which he means twenty minutes, Obi-Wan supplied helpfully, - "I left you a note in case you woke up before I returned, but seems like I can give you the offer in person instead. Currently your implant is shut off but I think I might be able to fix it if you'll let me. It won't hurt but might be uncomfortable."

Jason felt a strange cold fury building inside him, and was surprised to realize that it was coming from Kaidan. He was even more surprised at what Kaidan did next. "My what?!" From an outside perspective, Jason's voice changed subtly and he seemed suddenly extremely angry, in a dangerously still sort of way.

If allowed he'll pierce Jason's skull with his blade until it touching the implant. When he draws out the blade no damage is done to Jason. I'll need engineering equipment, can you give me permission to access the workshop? He asks Leandra.
We'll get back to this in a minute. Also, you're probably actually asking someone other than Leandra, as she seems to be very definitely on the bridge at the moment. I believe that Tom and Dr. Crusher are present and suitable candidates?

darklink_shadow
2015-01-28, 07:53 AM
Tom's staff flew across reality to be in his hand, and he pointed it's clawed scythe at the intruder. "By the Nine, I swear to Mytra , if you people keep abusing my..."

Jason seemed to stir, and was not clearly that upset at being jerked around. "You people need to warn me before you do thingsthat are, from all outside perspectives, unnecessary violence against medical patients."

Tom listened to the report from Leandra and frowned. He gave Will a look that spoke of his unease. He disappeared suddenly to reappear on the bridge. "On screen. I see. What an ugly portal. Like a wound in the universe."

"Use our lasers to cut apart some of their foes. Keep all torpedoes in reserve. Fire at will. And now for this..."

Tom began to conjure Khelben's power. A sphere appeared around him, and then he was gone.

----------------------

While Team Dai-Gurren was fighting, a blue sphere winked into existance, with Tom safely inside. A golden ray of magic flew from the orb, and hit Gurren Lagann's Drill, and bouncing to any allies in reach. Their weapons s shimmered with heavenly light. Next inky black beams fired out at enemies, and they were reduced to nothingness.

A few more allies appeared on the field as well. Massive churning elementals, containing within themselves all the elements.

[roll0] Epic level Elementals.

And then Tom was back on the ship. "Computer, alert Booker. Override."

Sønderjye
2015-01-28, 08:15 AM
Not impossible, just highly unlikely Will sagely corrects.

Will is slightly unsettled but Jason appears to be unarmed. He peaks inside his skull
Assuming he finds something like "How dare they turn the implant off?!?!"
"I can turn it on again if you prefer. I might be able to fix it quickly but I need your answer quickly. We're under attack and your anger is wasting our time."

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-28, 08:57 AM
Actually, what Will detects from Kaidan is more along the lines of "How DARE they put a dangerous biotic implant into Jason's head!" He's really quite pissed about that.

Jason himself hasn't fully processed meaning of the implant bit yet, and mostly what Will senses is his surprise at Kaidan's rage - not to mention his astonishment at Kaidan being able to control his body! (That's a first for Jason.)

Obi-Wan is concerned, and Will can also sense Loki's intense interest in the proceedings. Ned and Anneliese are alarmed and confused. Will gets nothing from Mayurra at the moment.

Will also catches anything 'said' in the following post.

Now is not the time for this, Obi-Wan cautioned forcefully.
"Are we really under attack? Turn it back on, and be careful about it! You idiots have no idea what kind of damage you could have caused! How are you doing that?"

Yes, how are you doing that?
Not the time!
Yes, it is! I need access to Jason's hands and mouth if I am to cast spells!
What is going on?!
It seems it's been an eventful twenty minutes.
It's been an eventful twenty seconds!
Could you all just shut up for a second?!
Assuming the next thing that happens involves Will's sword:
Jason stares at the sword in alarm. "What exactly are you planning to do with that?!"

Sønderjye
2015-01-28, 09:31 AM
Will is curious to how independant the souls in Jason was interacting. The ones in him didn't feel as present, more like they were a part of him. He did feek an amusedment with Jason's internat conflict that definitely wasn't his though, so maybe they were just as independant?

"You seem a little confused so here's a summary of what we know: Strange beings are trying to destroy ALL universes in existance and we're supposed to help stop them, some of our men seem to have made contact with enemy forces so yes, the universe is under attack. After your souls were awakened an mechanical implant materialised inside your head and you were having migraine and it looked serious so Leandra turned it off."

He stops after closing half the distance to Jason.

"I'm going to touch the Implant with it through your skull.", Will answers before realising how that must have sounded to someone who didn't have hundreds of memories of the sword passing unharming through people. Assuming Jason looks alarmed Will raises his hand Nono, not like that. I can channel some of my powers through the sword such that it can pass through living being without hurting them. Look! Will puts his sword through his hand. It's an odd sensation to experience one's own memories again but not something that he lets show. The sword passes all the way through his hand and out on the other side and back without spilling a single drop of blood. He then shows that there's no wounds on the hand. He'll also tap a nearby machine and turn it on and off.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-28, 09:36 AM
"Oh, um, sick bay, before I forget, I recommend that Dr. Crusher examine the implant and perform any procedure necessary to restore its proper function. Assuming that's still your intention, of course."

"Thank you."

"Your medical facility should have tools far superior to whatever instrument of crude physical force that child was planning on using."

"Dr. Crusher's desktop laboratory and replicator should be capable of modifying the implant. How did you know that Will was planning to-"

"I noticed him conjuring a small sword while we were leaving your infirmary. Again, it would be best not to draw too much attention to this sort of thing."

XIII
2015-01-28, 09:46 AM
Well that works for me, then. If I happen to give you a reason I might appreciate the warning. Sometimes I'm oblivious to other's getting moody about my doings. Would you like a ride to the ship? Everyone else left.

Assuming Lucas will like to hook up with Booker he will teleport both of them, to the totem that one of his Bookerclones crafted (if not he will do this on his own).

Now let's find the captain... where is he?

Booker dismisses all the Bookerclones learning what they learned up to this point, mostly the distribution of the Enterprise and that both Jason and Jacob are stable. He also learns where the captain is casting his magic. Booker will move there and wait till he has finished whatever spell he is casting, trying not to interrupt, unless it takes a really long time in which case he will rasp his throat.

Oh captain, my captain. Everyone has boarded and the two residents of the sickbay are on stable condition. I would like to fill two requests if possible. First of all I need a big private room, big being supeditated to available space and fanciness of the room not being an important factor, holograms and stuff would be awesome but not required. Second of all...

He wills a gun into existence.

That's my gun!
I know, don't worry we still have another one.
What do you intend to do with it?
Give me a second to speak, will you?

This gun is a weird ensemble of technology beyond my understanding. It doesn't fire bullets, per se, but fires energy. As someone who can redirect energy it is clearly valuable to me. I can replicate myself but I doubt I could replicate the gun. Is it within your capacity to o so?

He offers the weapon to Tom.

Oh, now that I think about it. The shades I'm wearing are used to display intel and communicate if they could be linked to the Enterprise that would be great.

Lucas silently tags along, taking mental notes of the capabilities and weapons he observes.

thethird
2015-01-28, 10:02 AM
Howard stepped up to Jake's body and harshly threw him against the Sick Bay walls.

And then Tom was back on the ship. "Computer, alert Booker. Override."

The Bookerclone in sick bay, the one who is wearing a star treck medic uniform looks surprised at Howard. Then he goes to the next tub and starts trying to contact Booker to no avail. After an instant of hesitation he vanishes. The sick bay doesn't stay long without a Booker. An angry real Booker, all too angry and too real.

His usual hoody has been replaced by a shining cloack of golden chackra that has an unusual symbol (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ru_rcZpEUw4/Um09_ewNtkI/AAAAAAAACag/5nfLtdY-foM/s1600/Raava+-+Vaatu.png) at his back.

"Would you mind explaining what's going on? Why are you tossing an unconscious person against the wall?"

Booker stands between the man and the patients. Making his guns appear in his hands.

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 10:35 AM
Richard catches Alice without even having to slow down. The hatch closes around them, and then the trio climbs skyward, to watch as the portal...

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 11:46 AM
Just after Alice leaps into the Gurren Lagann, Sophie's eyes flash open, and she yells out, "...bucks in cash!"

Though obviously confused by what is for her a very sudden change in setting, she sits up calmly and retrieves her soul gem, checking it to see how dark it's become before quickly returning it to ring form and slipping it back on. Still on shaky legs, she hauls herself up further to look out the cockpit. "So, this might be obvious to you, but what the hell just happened to me? Last thing I remember Simo was yelling something about his homeland, and we were going towards the portal pretty damn fast."

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 11:49 AM
The man laughs. "That was Richard yelling, not me. We thought you'd like a bit more padding to your landing than what the Gurren can offer. I'm Simon, in case you were wondering."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 11:56 AM
Sophie smiles, and offers Simon her hand. "Nice to meet you, Simon. I guess it was probably in my head, then."

Mami, status?

Not as good as I would like. Five more volleys of the size we preformed will likely corrupt our soul gem.

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 11:59 AM
Simon looks questioningly at the ring on her finger. "So, I don't get how that works. But I know you counteract grief with hope. You have a way to do that for your soul?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 12:23 PM
Sophie returns the questioning look with one of her own. "Well, it's not exactly grief, and what I did wasn't precisely counteracting it. I killed Witches, which I think Kyuubey called them 'beings of despair' once. And why do you ask about that?"

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 12:30 PM
"Because, at the moment all I am is Spiral Energy. I was wondering if you could use that to clean your soul."

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-28, 01:14 PM
It just... materialized in my head?
I'm more curious how they managed to 'turn it off'. It's not like it has an 'off' switch!
Wait a minute... they put an L2 implant in my head?!
Mr. Goodeman is going to answer for this. Later.

THAT SWORD IS NOT TOUCHING ME!
Relax, Anneliese. It seems harmless.
NO!

You were casting spells earlier without needing physical assistance.
I have a limited ability to do so, yes. Emphasis on limited!
Interesting.
NO MORE MAGIC!!!!
You're in the wrong head for that.
RELAX.

Anneliese was silent.

I'd say 'thank God', but, well...
Cute.
You are one arrogant son of a bitch, you know that?
Jason cleared his throat before asking weakly, "Is that how you turned it off before?"

Just then, the real Booker appeared in Sickbay. "Would you mind explaining what's going on? Why are you tossing an unconscious person against the wall?"

"I would like an answer to that as well," Kaidan said, once again speaking through Jason.

ArlEammon
2015-01-28, 02:10 PM
Howard, The Incarnae
"People, this is how I deal with the disbendable. He's not responding to any of my mental queries. He refuses to Awaken, which means he is useless to us, and a potential cancer to us. As an unnatural person who would become a mad man if he Awoke beyond his appointed time, he could become a defector. The last time that happened, things were quite bad for everyone for a very long time. Get ready for a bloody Sick Bay".

Meanwhile the Wraiths in the Portal swarmed in the space, and began to board the ship. . . the Security were blasting the creatures to Kingdom Come but they began to flood the area.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-28, 02:21 PM
Picard took over Tom, and tapped his com, hard. But it was Khelben who spoke. "All Construct Squads, prepare for war. Teleport to, and destroy the intruders."

Obeying their master, 100 Adamantine Golems Sprung to life, each commanding their own squad of 100 Mithril Golems. Their immunity to magic would hopefully protect them from everything that their hefty armor didn't protect them from. Their magic, epicly powerful fists would hopefully clobber the wraiths as well.

Picard tapped the com again, this time broad casting across the whole ship. "Intruder Alert. Battle Stations!"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 02:31 PM
"Well, I actually have no idea. I've never seen, or thought about, how other reality's magics would interact with Mami's."

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-28, 03:01 PM
Howard follows Picard to Sick Bay. He looks at the unconcious body of Jacob Ron Carolson. "Ah. . . it seems as if he is taking everything with a grain of salt. He's taking everything with a grain of salt far too hard for his own good." Howard stepped up to Jake's body and harshly threw him against the Sick Bay walls.

Beverly Crusher was angry. "Bull sheet!" She yelled. "Captain! I demand that you stop this man from beating on my patients!" She ordered. Meanwhile, the souls inside Jacob groaned. The Incarnae, called Howard was making their situation worse.

Howard, The Incarnae
"People, this is how I deal with the disbendable. He's not responding to any of my mental queries. He refuses to Awaken, which means he is useless to us, and a potential cancer to us. As an unnatural person who would become a mad man if he Awoke beyond his appointed time, he could become a defector. The last time that happened, things were quite bad for everyone for a very long time. Get ready for a bloody Sick Bay".

"Intruder Alert. Battle Stations!"

Forgetting about Will and the implant, Jason vaulted out of the tub and ran to Jacob. Glaring daggers at Howard, he placed a hand on Jacob and the two abruptly disappeared.

The next thing they knew, Jason and Jacob were in Jason's college dorm room, kneeling and laying, respectively, on the worn carpet of the tiny living room. Fortunately, Jason's roommate was out at the moment. Jason wasn't entirely sure what had happened; it seemed that two or more of his Souls had acted in unison, but it wasn't clear to him which ones until he found himself waving his fingers about and muttering arcane gibberish. What are we doing?
Getting out of a bad situation.
And preparing to teleport into another one if that Incarnae comes after us.
Seems to me like we just put ourselves in a bad situation.
For someone who could turn out to be an enemy, I might add.
Consider that source of that information.
Still, he's right for once - this is incredibly reckless.
Thank you.
Don't push your luck.

ArlEammon
2015-01-28, 03:14 PM
Beverly Crusher was confused. . . she had to attend to the wounded since so much was happening, but for God's sake, Q had just threatened to murder one of her patients, before another one apparently took him away, and he gave chase.
Howard's voice came at Jason's mind. "I'm coming for you. No matter where you are, I will find you. No matter where you are." Mister Goodeman had placed wards around all the Primary Ego's homes, protecting them from things like this situation, where someone was looking for them through remote viewing, clairvoyance, etcetera.

Jake spit out blood, and lungs poured out small foamy like liquid matter.

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-28, 03:25 PM
I'm coming for you. No matter where you are, I will find you. No matter where you are.

Kaidan and Mayurra waited, poised to complete the next teleport instantly if the Incarnae appeared in the dorm. Meanwhile, Jacob began foaming at the mouth.
Crap. Healing magic is not in my repertoire.
Can we teleport to a hospital?
Probably, but if that Incarnae doesn't know where we are yet, he might be watching for something like that.
Why hasn't he found us? These Incarnae seem to be incredibly powerful.
I'm shielding us from view. Don't look so surprised, I'm motivated purely by self-preservation.
And you think that works on the Incarnae?
Why not? It worked on Heimdall, and these Incarnae have already admitted that they aren't omniscient.

Sønderjye
2015-01-28, 03:40 PM
"No, that was L.." Will starts to answer Jason. He then stops as his jaw drops when he hears why Howard threw him into a wall. He had been convinced that Howard were trying to help Jacob in some odd fashion. His fingers were shaking with anger as he pointed his wand towards the Incarnae and in lack of a more creative threat he yelled "YOU! YOU STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!"
He offered a hand to Booker(or ran to him if he isn't on sick bay) "We need to help Jacob right now. Please take my hand"
He'll then apparate himself and (if applicate) Booker to Jason's room. He was happy that he had been reading Jason's mind and knew where to go.
If he came he'll then run to a store and steal a bathtub. Not eager to wait for water to be filled in it he runs by the ocean, fills it with salt water and brings it to the room.
Regardless he'll stap JACOB IN THE HEART with his sword, fast enough that nobody have a chance to react. Is he able to discover the reason Jacob isn't accepting the awakening from his past?

Dark Knight Renee
2015-01-28, 04:02 PM
Jason's souls uttered various startled expletives when Will and Booker suddenly appeared in the dorm. Will flickered and suddenly there was also a metal tub full of water next to them, and Will's sword was sticking into Jacob's chest. It all happened in an instant, and Kaidan was barely able to prevent himself and Mayurra from reflexively making the last gesture of the teleport spell.

"How did you find us?" Jason demanded desperately.

darklink_shadow
2015-01-28, 05:19 PM
Tom looked around. Where did they...?

Tom narrowed his eyes. The full might of Zobek's Dark arts: Mind Read, Professor Awesome Telepathic Powers, and 6 Epic Telepathy Spells all fired off to bombard the mind of Howard's mind.

The next moment, chained time stops, and an incredible number of divinations scoured the globe for Jason. A few locations were guarded from his view, however. That was enough to tell Tom that is they were on earth, and he couldn't find them, they were in one of those spots. Zobek conjured a few ancient souls, and teleported them to each location, and then back again.

Now Tom knew where they were too. Another barrage of epic spells were unleashed: spells that would rended Howard frozen in space time, stuck in the moment of the past, unable to re-enter the time stream.

Finally, Tom split into four people, two of which disappeared immediately, into nothingness, and one of which teleported to the spot his allies were hiding away at. The clone wiped his own memory of where they were completely from his mind, replacing it with the knowledge that one of his clones was sent already.

Even if Howard make his saves, Tom had enough time to do this much.

These mind reading abilities I am using are very forceful, and would rip as much knowledge as they could before being stopped. Technically, he gets a will save for Khelben's spells, but the DC is something like 89.

-------

The clone appeared, and said nothing at first. We need to treat him. Or else he might truly be a risk. But we will decide that on our own terms.

ArlEammon
2015-01-28, 08:01 PM
"No, that was L.." Will starts to answer Jason. He then stops as his jaw drops when he hears why Howard threw him into a wall. He had been convinced that Howard were trying to help Jacob in some odd fashion. His fingers were shaking with anger as he pointed his wand towards the Incarnae and in lack of a more creative threat he yelled "YOU! YOU STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!"
He offered a hand to Booker(or ran to him if he isn't on sick bay) "We need to help Jacob right now. Please take my hand"
He'll then apparate himself and (if applicate) Booker to Jason's room. He was happy that he had been reading Jason's mind and knew where to go.
If he came he'll then run to a store and steal a bathtub. Not eager to wait for water to be filled in it he runs by the ocean, fills it with salt water and brings it to the room.
Regardless he'll stap JACOB IN THE HEART with his sword, fast enough that nobody have a chance to react. Is he able to discover the reason Jacob isn't accepting the awakening from his past?

((I'm sorry if this is an obvious question, but what are you asking? I mean, is Howard trying to find out Jacob's awakening?))

Zobek's purging force of Death and Khelben's very strong spell were the only things that managed to penetrate Howard's unprotected mind enough to make any coherent information out of the super being's mind. Zobek could make out that Howard was still working under the other Incarnae but he was only working for his own ambition. He wanted to fill his own personal quota of ridding any Primary Ego's capacity to betray the others. He would have torn Jake up and cut up all his parts so he could store his organs and body parts in a condition where he was still alive and in pure torment, inside of a strange pocket dimension of his own sub-conscious making. The sense of the torture and pain is dark and sinister enough to even bother Zobek a little, even if he's seen the same or a little worse.

The eery thing about it is that Howard is still genuinely working for the Incarnae, and to some extent has some "diplomatic immunity" for his sinister deeds.

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 08:16 PM
"Well, I actually have no idea. I've never seen, or thought about, how other reality's magics would interact with Mami's."

Simon grins widely. Its clear where Richard picked that trait up from. "Well, lets give it a shot then! Just do what you'd normally do to clean the ring, but to me."

KTW_Girl
2015-01-28, 09:09 PM
Alice improbably lands safely in the cockpit of Lagann, and sets back down on Richard's lap gently, sword firmly in her sheath. She sighs happily. "That was certainly enjoyable. Did the attack work?"

ArlEammon
2015-01-28, 10:12 PM
Finally, in an hour, the Security managed to drive off the Wraiths with the Primary Egoe's help. . . Eventually, the last Wraith exploded. Four civilians died in the attack, ironically however, the teleportation spell which brought everyone on board made sure that even the civilians were armed civilians, more akin to Ex-Military and mercenaries than just civilians. On the otherhand, thousands of the Wraith were dead. The Portal of Malignatis was unable to bring forth any more creatures. Mysteriously, the Portal just swirled in purple, then red, then green energy. Eventually, the portal swirled closed, but it remained a rift. . . Oddly enough, a strange rippling sound could be heard if anyone could breathe in the vacuum of space, despite the fact that Space is silent.

XIII
2015-01-28, 10:27 PM
Well, that was certainly interesting..."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 10:39 PM
Sophie hesitantly extends the ring towards Richard. "Well, alright. Actually, tell you what. Why don't you try that boost thing on me?'

Q'telun
2015-01-28, 10:39 PM
"It did! It actually worked! I ca-" Richard is cut off with an explosion as a red spear pierces Lagann and his heart in one strike. He looks down at in disbelief.

Down below in Gurren, Simon flickers out of existence, to be replaced by a high schooler with a massive draconic arm guard. He catches Sophie before she falls, and says, "Transfer. Tell Rias, well, she'll know. Nice meeting you Sophie!" Then he too, disappears. The great mech starts to fall, with the Gae Bulg still protruding from its head.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-28, 10:52 PM
"NO! No, no no no, this can't be happening!" Alice grips the controls and tries vainly to pull the Gurren Lagann out of its dive. But its no use. The spiral gauge is dwindling, dwindling, and then its gone.

And in its place an angry red light swirls. Its level rises and rises, until Alice's face is bathed in red, bloodier than the man she loved. In its sheath, Excalibur's glow dims until it glows black.

"Initiating Perceptual Teleportation. Goodeman."

And then the mech appears outside the mansion, eyes no longer green, but that same angry red as in the cockpit. With a step, Alice launches them skyward, until she reaches the Earth's orbit. She steps out of Lagann into the vacuum, and raises her hands above her head, swirling them around an invisible sphere to coalesce that foreboding red energy.

"INFINITY BIG BANG OVERLOAD! BE ERASED, DOWN TO THE MOLECULAR LEVEL IN THE FIRES OF CREATION!"

A massive beam of light burns the atmosphere above the Goodeman estate, and then the estate, then the Earth beneath it. Raw destructive force pours from the woman, burning through the Earth and onward, into the sun itself.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-28, 10:53 PM
"No!" Sophie yells. "No, dear god, no! Come ba-"

Her cry is cut off mid-word by her doubling over in agony. "Oh, god, no, what's happening."

It's a Level Six shift. I'm sorry.

Our Soul Gem has become corrupted as well.

So does that mean...

Yes. We will likely die now.

She lets her body relax as the great mech falls, smiling softly. "Well, at least I managed to do something in my life."

Her smile fades as she looks down at the Soul Gem, now completely tarnished by despair. Wait. It's corrupted, but I'm not dying. What the hell is going on.

I don't know. Kyuubey said that when a Magical Girl's Soul Gem is corrupted, they just die. I don't know what's-

The Soul Gem explodes, and in it's place hovers a small black stone embossed with a flower. Oh no.

What? What is it?

That's a grief seed. We're becoming a Witch

A Level Six Witch. Oh god...

As the last human thoughts of Sophie Carver ring through her head, she reaches out and touches the Grief Seed. Well... at least I'll never be alone again...

When the Gurren arrives back on Earth, the cocoon that had formed around Sophie breaks, and the labyrinth of Candeloro, the Dress-Up Witch, is formed.

So this is what becoming a witch feels like.

thethird
2015-01-29, 01:02 PM
Howard, The Incarnae

Booker is clearly pissed off. Nine black orbs that seem to eat light start orbitting around him. Four Bookerclones appear at his back, each of them wearing a similar cloack of powerful golden chackra.

"Execute order 66"

Two of the clones rush towards him, hitting him in full force. Instead of throwing him to the ground they merge into him. Booker stands with six arms and three faces. Like an angry Asura. His hands holding heavy guns as they were sacred vajra and relics.

Picard took over Tom, and tapped his com, hard. But it was Khelben who spoke. "All Construct Squads, prepare for war. Teleport to, and destroy the intruders."

"Kurama, Alera, Raava aid the constructs. Storm earth and fire... heed my call!"

His voice carries echo, as his three mouths speak on time. Three spirits of power barely in the realm of the possible materialize. One is an orange furred nine tailed fox that if it were fully corporeal would burst the room open. His eyes are kindled with barely contained fury. Another one is an ancient an unconceivable mass of white tentacles. It doesn't have eyes. It doesn't have an explanation. But while the fox embodies the inner passions this spirit fills anyone it touches with peace and calm. The third spirit looks female. Calling her a woman would be a disservice. She is made of raw elementals turned into something greater more powerful, more knowledgeable. As they rush through the walls to fend off the invasors other spirits follow. Elementals of fire, water, earth, air are intermixed with rarer elements such as wood, metal and move along others that aren't a true element such as light, shadow, storm, magma, gravity, steam...

[/B]He offered a hand to Booker(or ran to him if he isn't on sick bay) "We need to help Jacob right now. Please take my hand"

The clones that aren't fused to Booker take the offered hand.

"I'll get you some time. I'll get me some answers."

As the spirits, the clones and the others leave Booker turns towards the intruder. His guns are ablaze with elemental energy. Some are hot red, others are crackling with lightning, another one bends the light as a black hole, there is another frozen cold, one seems to have small flowers growing from it's cannon...

"This isn't my ship. And I have no authority to offer you to run. But please do. Run! Get the hell out. Or I'll send you there myself."

He walks towards the man and at every step he takes totems sprout from the ground like mushrooms. They crackle with energy and everyone who Booker considers an ally feels invigorated, enhanced, by ther presence.

As his elementals help clean the mess Booker feels more and more relieved.

"This mess. It's dealt with. The only thing remaining unwelcomed on this ship is you."

ArlEammon
2015-01-29, 02:06 PM
Beverly Crushers fired her phaser on full blast, not expecting it to work. . . It only succeeded in annihilating Howard's clothing, revealing his enormous "Schwansinger", and well built abs, other than that, no damage. The staff all fled, and Doctor Crusher was about to flee, before Howard grabbed her from behind, threatening to tear off her head with his other hand. "I can rip off her head and smash it like a grape right here". He stated. "Give up Jacob, and I won't crush this puny little tin can". He threatened.

thethird
2015-01-29, 02:12 PM
While Howard is going to do that he gets shoot six time. Six rays one of frost, another one of magma, a third one of pure undiluted darkness, a wooden spike, raw lightning, and metal.

Booker was pointing guns at him.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-29, 02:44 PM
In the midst of all the drama, an unassuming looking man with brown hair, glowing blue eyes, and a seven inch knife walks into the sickbay of the Enterprise and clears his throat. "My mistress has something to say," he announces. "The Earth is now hers, as are all the people still living on it. She anticipates that soon, the other planets will join it in keeping her company, and wishes to let you know that the rest of you are welcome to divvy the universe up amongst yourselves, as she is no longer lonely enough to wish for more company."

Sønderjye
2015-01-29, 03:44 PM
Will ignores Jason's question as he has more pressing matters. Pulling his sword out of Jacob he says "His souls are DEBATING whether or not to wake and not even realising that they're killing him." He is furious that anyone are allowing themselves to gamble a life on something as trivial as power and he doesn't bother to conseal it in his voice. He puts his sword away. "Hold his head please", he says as he put's his fingers on Jacob's face and forced his eyes open. Legilimens worked if he couldn't see people but it worked way better when you could stare into their eyes and this wasn't a conventional use of legilimens. Forcing his way into Jacob's head his thunderous mental voice is heard in the middle of the conversation: <<ENOUGH. THE UNIVERSE IS AT STAKE AND YOU ARE KILLING YOURSELF AND ONE OF OUR WARRIORS WITH YOUR PITY FIGHT FOR POWER>> He followed the message with a mental image of Jacob's body coughing blood, hoping that they would realise the severeness of their actions.

KTW_Girl
2015-01-29, 04:10 PM
Alice appears outside of the Enterprise. She raises a hand above her head, and a small fleet of Mugann (http://gurrenlagann.wikia.com/wiki/Mugann) appear in space around her. "Be purged, you worthless things."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-29, 04:17 PM
The brown haired man's head whips around when Alice appears. "It appears the Messenger has arrived. I do not believe my presence here is needed any longer."

When he finishes speaking, his body explodes into a mass of ribbons that fly through the room, buffeting anyone that stands in their way, and then disappear into the cracks in the walls.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-30, 02:05 AM
The bridge of the Enterprise is littered with leftover golem bits as crewmen clear out the last of the burnt-out mechanical hulks. Even Worf had to leave to help deal with the havoc in engineering. Leandra furiously types and swipes at one of the few remaining consoles that aren't sparking.

*sniff* *sniff*

"Hey, do you smell that?"

Smell what?

Snifffff! "Ah! The rich, savory scent of soul-consuming anguish. So pure, too -" Sniff! "Ahh! It's like it's calling out to me.~"

"Another piece of Valmar? Here??"

Sniff! "Mmm- no... no, not quite that familiar. It's exotic.~ Like trying a new spice!"

At some point, Worf had to call sick bay and ask what the hell was going on down there. The answer was, essentially, about half of the dialogue that has taken place in that timeframe without the visual context.

"I'm picking up some kind of subspace bubble centered on the Goodeman compound," Leandra announces to whoever is willing to listen. "Probably magical in origin... It seems to be expanding so as to envelop the planet."

Suddenly, the ship's blaring klaxons and flashing red lights return automatically as the anti-spiral ships arrive and Alice delivers her own announcement. No sooner does she leave than the Enterprise is bombarded with glowing polygonal blobs of volatile matter, both from the anti-spiral's weapons and from their wreckage with each phaser hit.

"Shields up! Battle stations! Alice? Sophie?? What happened to you..."

"Miss Leandra, I suspect that the strange behavior of our former comrade is related to whatever force of corruption Millenia is sensing."

"Gee, ya think?"

"That poor woman..."

With a rattling *BOOM*, the Enterprise shakes and tilts to the side, sending crew and equipment tumbling against the wall all over the ship - sickbay included.

"LaForge to Bridge! Whatever they're shooting us with, it hits in waves-"

*BOOM*

"Each piece just sort of breaks up against the shields and keeps bouncing around, like some kind of cluster bomb!"

*BOOM*

"Once the shields give out, the dimensional matter will crash against the hull all at once! And if that happens-"

*SCRAAK-BOOM!* LaForge falls over in Engineering and has to get back up to get back to work. This is after hurting his shoulder in the fight earlier, too.

"Acknowledged." Leandra stubbornly clings to her console as she tries to assess the situation. Shields: 40%

I... We can use the song of time. Elena, you're a high songstress, right? If we focus on our connection to the past and sing the song, we can go back, and maybe find a way to prevent all of this...

*SNAP*

No. We do not run. We are going to play this out until there is literally no other option.

"Yeah! Besides, remember what Ears here said about advancing the plot!"

"This is not plot advancement! It is a waking nightmare! I must agree with Leandra. If a simple magical solution to this problem exists, it behooves us to take advantage of it."

Worf stumbles out of the lift, onto the bridge and makes for the weapons console to relieve a struggling crewman. Leandra pauses, takes a breath, and makes her decision.

"Leandra to transporter room!"

"Who?" A random ensign replies over the comm.

"...DATA to transporter room! Prepare to beam me to the surface. Worf, you have the bridge - get the Enterprise out of here and focus on getting the situation in Sick Bay under control. Then ask Geordi to try modifying the photon torpedoes to emit a temporary containment field around the anti-spiral ships upon detonating. Just a hunch."

Once we get to the surface, we can investigate the anomaly and see if we can get our friends back to normal. We can try the song if necessary, but only once we know what we're dealing with.

"Yes!~"