PDA

View Full Version : Sidhe Scholar Druid Optimization

Bad Wolf
2015-01-24, 05:44 PM
So basically, need help optimizing a druid. I decided to go druid becasue warlock doesn't seem to be working out for me, so Sidhe Scholar for the fey flavour.

So I need feats, spells to keep prepared, prestige classes (Planar Shepherd is off the table.), animal companion choice. I'm a Sorcerer/Wild Soul//Druid with the Half-Fey template.

Bad Wolf
2015-01-24, 09:48 PM
Some information I forgot to include. I'm aiming for an Enchanter/Necromancer/Conjurer with a dash of evocation spells on the side.

Also, bump.

eggynack
2015-01-24, 09:58 PM
That's a large quantity of stuff, so I could just PM over my in progress druid handbook if you like. Won't help much with the sorcerer side, and by extension it won't be too useful on the enchantment front, but it should handle druidry of various types. Of particular note in the meantime is spontaneous summoner from complete divine, which recovers some of the summoning lost to sidhe scholar.

Bad Wolf
2015-01-24, 10:55 PM
That's a large quantity of stuff, so I could just PM over my in progress druid handbook if you like. Won't help much with the sorcerer side, and by extension it won't be too useful on the enchantment front, but it should handle druidry of various types. Of particular note in the meantime is spontaneous summoner from complete divine, which recovers some of the summoning lost to sidhe scholar.

Sure, I'll take the link But what do you mean by lost summoning?

eggynack
2015-01-24, 11:02 PM
Sure, I'll take the link But what do you mean by lost summoning?
Sidhe scholar doesn't gain the spontaneous summoning class feature. Also loses plant forms.

Bad Wolf
2015-01-24, 11:45 PM
Sidhe scholar doesn't gain the spontaneous summoning class feature. Also loses plant forms.

It doesn't say it loses that. I'm pretty sure it keeps that, alongside not being able to cast spells of the opposite alignment. It's a basic function. But yeah, it loses plant wild shape. Not like there's much goodies there, besides possibly treant.

eggynack
2015-01-25, 12:44 AM
It doesn't say it loses that. I'm pretty sure it keeps that, alongside not being able to cast spells of the opposite alignment. It's a basic function. But yeah, it loses plant wild shape. Not like there's much goodies there, besides possibly treant.
It's not listed as having it, and it's certainly listed on the basic druid as a separate ability. It's not a basic function of casting. As for plant wild shape, there're some cool things you can pull off. Myconid sovereign is good for druid style reanimation, and there are some interesting forms in the fiend folio.

Bad Wolf
2015-01-25, 02:32 AM
It's not listed as having it, and it's certainly listed on the basic druid as a separate ability. It's not a basic function of casting. As for plant wild shape, there're some cool things you can pull off. Myconid sovereign is good for druid style reanimation, and there are some interesting forms in the fiend folio.

And I remember seeing that weird zombie plant somewhere.

eggynack
2015-01-25, 02:38 AM
And I remember seeing that weird zombie plant somewhere.
Yellow musk creeper is one of the fiend folio plants. Myconid sovereign is a generally better option for the role, however. You're going to end up needing to cover a lot of necromancy and enchantment ground on your sorcerer side, more than you usually would. It doesn't help that spontaneous summoning grants a bit of enchantment utility through a few of the fey summons.

Bad Wolf
2015-01-25, 12:48 PM
Well I do have Half-Fey, and that has about 17 Enchantment spells that I could see being useful. So that frees up a few spells.