PDA

View Full Version : Viper's Fang [Magic Item]

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-04-03, 03:25 PM
I think this is a cool item for a rogue, especially an evil one. Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Viper's Fang
This +3 acid shortbow resembles two vipers eating one another, and has a number of unique abilities. Any time this bow is used to deliver a sneak attack, it delivers poison like that delivered by a viper bite (initial & secondaary damage 1d6 con.) The save DC is 18. In addition, any time a critical hit is scored with this bow, the arrow deals damage as usual for a critical hit then transforms into a tiny viper snake and continues to attack the victim. The snake disappears after it or the victim dies. If the arrow has any magical properties, these are transferred to the snake's bite attack.

Ever Phasm
2007-04-03, 07:40 PM
Nice and evil. Any price ideas? Why does the bow need to be acid? It could just transform all arrows into tiny vipers? That would be fun, especially against an NPC afraid of snakes.

Tiny vipers are pathetic so it is not unbalancing.

Black Mage
2007-04-03, 08:01 PM
I like it.

I want three of them.

Matthew
2007-04-04, 09:42 PM
Nice, might be a bit powerful, though. Any ideas about price? For some reason, this puts me in mind of the film Conan the Barbarian...