PDA

View Full Version : How does 5e compare with Pathfinder wrt magic items?

andhaira
2015-01-25, 05:35 AM
I am not talking about the obvious system differences, I want to know that can Pathfinder be played in a low magic way that 5e apparently can be played? (haven't tested 5e at high levels yet)

Can I got from level 1-20 in pathfinder and give pcs a +1 magic item / armor equivalent only, and have them thrive without needing to tweak the game too much (not running certain monsters or tweaking monster DR I can handle)

What about inherent bonuses as in 4e? Does that work with Pathfinder, and if so how would the math work?

Madfellow
2015-01-25, 09:26 AM
I feel like this question belongs in the 3e subthread, not this one.

charcoalninja
2015-01-25, 09:35 AM
I am not talking about the obvious system differences, I want to know that can Pathfinder be played in a low magic way that 5e apparently can be played? (haven't tested 5e at high levels yet)

Can I got from level 1-20 in pathfinder and give pcs a +1 magic item / armor equivalent only, and have them thrive without needing to tweak the game too much (not running certain monsters or tweaking monster DR I can handle)

What about inherent bonuses as in 4e? Does that work with Pathfinder, and if so how would the math work?

If you're going the inherant bonuses way, Insay give a +1 enhancement bonus to attacks, damage, saves, all stats, armour, and shield for every 5 levels the character has. This will allow them to keep up with the game math and should have the game running almost the same.

charcoalninja
2015-01-25, 02:33 PM
5e's math does not expect any scaling what so ever. You'd just end up making things 20% more likely to succeed.

He wants adjustments for Pathfinder, not 5e.

Kryx
2015-01-25, 05:03 PM
He wants adjustments for Pathfinder, not 5e.

Ah, misread his post. As the other guy said this belongs in the 3.X forums.