PDA

View Full Version : managing wildshape/

maniacalmojo
2015-01-25, 11:43 AM
I do not play druids often but what do people use to keep track of their wildshaping? Is there a spreadsheet or something?

Necroticplague
2015-01-25, 12:50 PM
Play in Play-by-posts, which are slow enough that I can look up the stats as needed. Put my new stats in a spoiler I can look back up.

johnbragg
2015-01-25, 01:13 PM
I do not play druids often but what do people use to keep track of their wildshaping? Is there a spreadsheet or something?

There are many approaches. I've been playing a summoning-focused cleric, and I've made a powerpoint of the statblocks of my favorite augmented summonings, printed 6 to a page. (Some people prefer to use index cards).

The main thing is to have the information ready before the game--figure out some forms you're likely to wildshape into in a couple of different situations. A form for melee combat, a form for scouting, an aquatic or flying form if you qualify. The point is to look the stuff up and figure out your statblock before the game. (This also lets you know sooner if your DM won't let you wildshape into a fleshraker dinosaur because there are no wild dinosaurs within 1000 miles. SO you at least can figure out what you want instead before you have to roll initiative).

Urpriest
2015-01-25, 02:13 PM
I like index cards. The "companion" sheets that often come with dedicated Druid sheets also work for this, if you're flexible.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-01-25, 03:26 PM
The main thing is to have the information ready before the game--figure out some forms you're likely to wildshape into in a couple of different situations.
Basically this. It doesn't really matter how you do it-- index cards, computer files, pages in a binder, random scraps of paper-- as long as you get all the relevant info you need on each sheet. Which is probably:

Size
Speed
AC
Full Attack
Space/Reach (if different from the standard)
Adjusted Fort and Ref saves
Str, Dex, and Con
Any changed skills (that are likely to be relevant-- Hide and Move Silently for your scout
Special qualities and attacks

Coidzor
2015-01-25, 05:49 PM
Basically this. It doesn't really matter how you do it-- index cards, computer files, pages in a binder, random scraps of paper-- as long as you get all the relevant info you need on each sheet. Which is probably:

Size
Speed
AC
Full Attack
Space/Reach (if different from the standard)
Adjusted Fort and Ref saves
Str, Dex, and Con
Any changed skills (that are likely to be relevant-- Hide and Move Silently for your scout
Special qualities and attacks

Don't forget to have the name of the critter you're turning into on there too. Especially if you're going organization-light on their arrangement.