PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Nanobot Conquer build

Lloyd-Starbuck
2015-01-25, 12:32 PM
Hi i was looking at the nanobot conquer thread on wizard of the coast and . while looking through the builds i saw the Artificer 11/Exemplar 9 build and decided that i would like to try playing this build but i'm not that good at optimization. could any one suggest what feats and skills i should take at each level.

Feint's End
2015-01-25, 08:41 PM
Hi i was looking at the nanobot conquer thread on wizard of the coast and . while looking through the builds i saw the Artificer 11/Exemplar 9 build and decided that i would like to try playing this build but i'm not that good at optimization. could any one suggest what feats and skills i should take at each level.

Could you maybe post a link to the build? Would definitely be a start.

Also I doubt that exemplar 9 is doing all that much as long as it's not core to the build (again haven't seen it yet). You are maybe better off with just straight Artificer or at most a few levels in.

Twilightwyrm
2015-01-26, 03:35 AM
I suspect the build wants Exemplar 8 (at least) for the ability to lend the artificer's Craft (nanoboat/clockwork/effigy/etc.) to their clockwork minions so they can build more nanobots/clockwork creations/effigies/etc. If they could find some way to give their bots a hivemind such that they could share skill modifiers, the Exemplar could theoretically lend their full talent to an infinity expanding hoard. Otherwise said exemplar would be limited to merely lending her talent to all millions of nanobots (assuming they are small enough to be appropriately described as such) within 30 feet. Not sure why it would want the 9th level though...seems like a waste of a level to me. Maybe it needs the bonus feat to pull something or other off.

Lloyd-Starbuck
2015-01-26, 04:36 PM
here's the link (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/999101). just looking over the thread it tells you how to program and power the nanobots but for the Artificer 11/Exemplar 9 build it fails to tell what feats and skills it needs to pull it off. has anyone ever played one before and if so, what feats and skills would you are required or recommend.

Urpriest
2015-01-26, 05:13 PM
Nanobots are pretty much strictly theoretical optimization. They grant humongous bonuses, to the point where they're really not balanced for use in a game.

Twurps
2015-01-27, 12:53 PM
I suspect the build wants Exemplar 8 (at least) for the ability to lend the artificer's Craft (nanoboat/clockwork/effigy/etc.) to their clockwork minions so they can build more nanobots/clockwork creations/effigies/etc. If they could find some way to give their bots a hivemind such that they could share skill modifiers, the Exemplar could theoretically lend their full talent to an infinity expanding hoard. Otherwise said exemplar would be limited to merely lending her talent to all millions of nanobots (assuming they are small enough to be appropriately described as such) within 30 feet. Not sure why it would want the 9th level though...seems like a waste of a level to me. Maybe it needs the bonus feat to pull something or other off.

I'm away from books, but I think exemplar 9 is needed to give the nanites a +9 on a particular skill, so they auto-succeed on the DC10 'aid another' check.

More importantly: +1 to Urpriests point. Don't try this at home.