PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Epic level prestige class

kaffalidjmah
2015-01-25, 03:12 PM
Yo guys, i've got a question...there are surely many guide through various manual for creating epic-level progression for prestige classes. but the one thing i can't find and have no idea where to find, are the epic level progression for classes that have a separate spellcasting table. ur-priest, for example, or the arcanamach of suel.

question 1: usually, how do you go when a player go for an epic level separate spellcasting class?

question 2: the chamaleon (from Races of Destiny) what kind of epic progression would you give to him? i thinked about some like this

level
class feature
spellcasting

???

mimic class feature 4/d, bonus variable feat
???

ability boon +8/+2
???

aptitude focus 4/d (+6)
???

mimic class feature 5/d
???

ability boon +10/+4
???

???

mimic class feature 6/d, rapid refocus 1/d
???

aptitude focus 6/d (+6), ability boon +12/+6
???

???

i suppose that everyone watching this table is familiar with the mechanic of the chameleon, if you are not, here is the spoiler. anyway, the chamaleon can be found on page 111 on race of destiny.
first, the aptitude focus. it let you choose beetween arcane, combat, divine, stealth and wild focus. each focus grant you something, like a bonusto some skill, some saving throws, use of spell, to hit, various stuff. in the first 10 level, the bonus start at +2, then it goes +4.

second, the mimic class features. n times per day you can choose to gain evasion for 1 minute, rage like a barbarian (duration only 1+con), smite, sneak attack (d6 progression equal to time per day of use) and turn/rebuke undead.

third, ability boon. when you focus, you choose one ability and you gain a competence bonus of the listed bonus. in the first 10 level the bonus varies to +2 from +6, the second value is only for epic level, and influence a second ability of your choice.

fourth, bonus variable feats. at level 2 of this class, you gain a feat that you can change every day. at level 12, you gain another. (one of the two can be a prerequisite for another)

fifth, rapid refocus. at level 8 of this class, you can change your focus in 10 minutes instead of one hour. at level 18, for me, you gain the ability of shifting it in 1 round n times per day. i think at level 28,38 etc you gain additional use of this ability. i never seen a campaign going that longer.

then some explanation. the 2° mutable feat can be any feat (like 2nd level class features) but you can choose to gain a feat for wich your 2nd level feat is a prerequisite, so you can grab Power Attack and Cleave with you 2nd and your 12th level feat.

rapid refoc n/day allow you to change focus in 1 round n/day time.

the ability boon +x/+y, the y apply to a second ability of your choice.

the aptitude focus, obviously his bonus increase, i think that a +2 every 10 level is fine. maybe every 5 level? i really don't know...

the spellcasting is all ??? because i have no idea on what to do. suggestion accepted.

EDIT: i didn't put triple focus, because being versatile is nice, being able to do whatever you want...maybe at later level

EDIT2: question 3 was about epic factotum. just found in the playground, section homebrew. thanks, Ramza00

Belsirk
2015-01-25, 04:27 PM
Maybe I'm not understand correctly the question, but in the SEoul mage, once reach 10th level he don't gain more spells from the tables, he stay only with the 5 level of spells available to him in the source. Of course, can choice the epic feat for acquiring new levels but those will be for the metamagic versions only.