PDA

View Full Version : What Aberrations can 'Infect' a Warforged?

unseenmage
2015-01-25, 08:00 PM
Have a warforged about to get jacked by aberrations and an aberrations obsessed lich; what can/could/should I do to it?

It wandered off from the party and needs to be mind-controlled/replaced/used as a new badguy.

Thoughts?

Bronk
2015-01-25, 08:14 PM
How about a pseudonatural minor xorn that has eaten the warforged's innards and taken up residence in it's old body by earthgliding into what whatever was left of the insides after eating the metal bits. Just, tentacles coming out of the armor everywhere, but still acting intelligently.

Perhaps a pseudonatural hellwasp swarm? They can inhabit the body of any creature, living or dead, with no stipulation that it needs to be or have been meat based.

Jeff the Green
2015-01-25, 08:32 PM
A Tsochar should manage.

Palanan
2015-01-25, 08:49 PM
A tsochar was my first thought as well. They're tough enough to burrow through whatever a warforged has for internal parts, and they're designed to take control of sentient creatures.

Be sure to give it a level or two of sorcerer so it can cast Repair Light Damage.

:smalltongue:

Milo v3
2015-01-25, 09:09 PM
A tsochar was my first thought as well. They're tough enough to burrow through whatever a warforged has for internal parts, and they're designed to take control of sentient creatures.

Be sure to give it a level or two of sorcerer so it can cast Repair Light Damage.

:smalltongue:

I thought tsochar couldn't use magic, which is why they're obsessed with magic users?

Deophaun
2015-01-25, 10:25 PM
I thought tsochar couldn't use magic, which is why they're obsessed with magic users?
They can. LoM talks about a "noble" tsochar with four levels of sorcerer, and there is a stated tsochar cleric. But, that's only a possibility for 10% of the tsochar population. The rest need to inhabit a spellcaster to get their tasty magic.

Palanan
2015-01-25, 11:27 PM
"A typical noble tsochar is a tsochar of 8 Hit Dice, with four to eight sorcerer levels. The largest and oldest tsochari are terribly powerful sorcerers, cruel and ancient entities that rule over their lesser fellows with an iron grip…."

"The arcanist tsochari assimilate and study stolen magical lore from other races. All tsochari are fascinated by arcane magic, but the arcanists actually take levels in sorcerer or wizard classes."

- Lords of Madness, p. 126

DrMotives
2015-01-25, 11:42 PM
There's the 3rd creature in this link, http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20021123a ,
the skitterhaunt. While this is an ooze that infests vermin, you could modify it to take over a warforged or other construct, possibly even let it take over mundane objects and run them as templated animated objects.

Chronos
2015-01-26, 10:17 AM
Warforged are living creatures. Anything that says it can affect living creatures can affect warforged. Something that says that it only works on fleshy creatures, or only on creatures with blood, or the like, wouldn't work, but there aren't very many of those.

Deophaun
2015-01-26, 10:20 AM
Something that says that it only works on fleshy creatures, or only on creatures with blood, or the like, wouldn't work, but there aren't very many of those.
Well, in the later, you just hand the warforged a bucket of blood and then go to work.

unseenmage
2015-02-06, 01:26 PM
Tsochar won't work because reasons. Though i agree it would be kind of perfect. Any other ideas? Preferrably ones that leave the host alive and reinhabitable? Perhaps by say a tsochar later on?

I was originally thinking of the illithid-related template that hollows out the brain and puts a tentacled ooze in there but now I'm def wanting the Charger to survive the process, or at least the body to.

Bronk
2015-02-06, 01:39 PM
Maybe... Focus on the lich? You could easily do what you want with the magic jar spell, and I'm sure there are ways to lengthen the duration. Meanwhile, perhaps the warforged's brain itself happens to be a big crystal... perfect for DM shenanigans with the minds battling it out or something.

Plus gratuitous tentacles?