PDA

View Full Version : Warforged qualifying for Knock Back

heavyfuel
2015-01-26, 11:44 AM
Can it be done?

I suppose a Continuous item of Expanion would do, but it costs a whopping 8'000 GP, which means it's off limits until lv 5 in the least

No homebrew, Dragon Mag or items from the MIC (yeah, I know) whatsoever. Articles and Custom Magic Items are fair game.

Flickerdart
2015-01-26, 11:47 AM
Weld stilts to your legs. Boom, Large. Better put some ranks in Balance! :smallamused:

Forrestfire
2015-01-26, 11:49 AM
Hidden Talent (Expansion) to qualify you until you can get an item of it?

Darrin
2015-01-26, 11:54 AM
Well, Stoneblessed -> Goliath Barbarian (Mountain Rage), but it only works while you're raging.

heavyfuel
2015-01-26, 12:02 PM
Weld stilts to your legs. Boom, Large. Better put some ranks in Balance! :smallamused:

Genius!

Hidden Talent (Expansion) to qualify you until you can get an item of it?

Might work. Problem is spending a feat on 2/day Knockback for 1 round. Makes it really hard to qualify for Knockback when I only have 1 round to get enough XP to level up, not to mention, needing 13 Cha (Warforged get -2 to it).

If this is the only way to do it, I might have to go for it, but I'd prefer otherwise.

Well, Stoneblessed -> Goliath Barbarian (Mountain Rage), but it only works while you're raging.

Requires Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, or Giant. Warforged is Construct

Vhaidara
2015-01-26, 12:10 PM
Well, this kind of thing is why I made the Forgeborn in my sig (the warforged templates). You apply it to something large/with Powerful Build. Though they're probably off limits if you aren't even allowed MIC.

Well, you could eat 8 ECL and be a Warforged Charger (MM3). I think that might be the only way by RAW, other than expansion shenaniganns.

Troacctid
2015-01-26, 12:13 PM
Change your creature type with some sort of polymorph effect, have Enlarge Person cast on you, and Permanency it. It should continue to apply after you turn back to a warforged, right?

heavyfuel
2015-01-26, 12:28 PM
Well, this kind of thing is why I made the Forgeborn in my sig (the warforged templates). You apply it to something large/with Powerful Build. Though they're probably off limits if you aren't even allowed MIC.

Well, you could eat 8 ECL and be a Warforged Charger (MM3). I think that might be the only way by RAW, other than expansion shenaniganns.

Considering they're homebrewed, it's definitely a no-go

I'd honestly eat that ECL if I could (starting at lv 1) especially since it's a low-OP table

Change your creature type with some sort of polymorph effect, have Enlarge Person cast on you, and Permanency it. It should continue to apply after you turn back to a warforged, right?

Even if it works, I lose it the second someone dispels me (and unlike an item, it's gone until recasting of the whole process). Also, the DM might throw books at me.

I'll keep it in mind though

Flickerdart
2015-01-26, 12:34 PM
On a serious note, maybe try convincing the DM that since the Battlefist makes your damage die count as 1 size larger, you should be able to qualify for Knockback, but only for Battlefist attacks? It's flimsy, but better than nothing.

Necroticplague
2015-01-26, 12:43 PM
Sculpt Self up a continual Expansion? Should cost .2x1x1x2000x2x4=3200 XP.

heavyfuel
2015-01-26, 12:59 PM
On a serious note, maybe try convincing the DM that since the Battlefist makes your damage die count as 1 size larger, you should be able to qualify for Knockback, but only for Battlefist attacks? It's flimsy, but better than nothing.

Sculpt Self up a continual Expansion? Should cost .2x1x1x2000x2x4=3200 XP.

I'm unfamiliar with oth Battlefist and Sculp Self. Where can I find them? If it's from the Dragon, it's unfortunately banned.

Flickerdart
2015-01-26, 01:03 PM
I'm unfamiliar with oth Battlefist and Sculp Self. Where can I find them? If it's from the Dragon, it's unfortunately banned.
A Battlefist is a warforged component - a +1 weapon that costs 2,600 gp from the Eberron Campaign Setting book.

Darrin
2015-01-26, 01:15 PM

By that reasoning, a Warforged Monk/Kensai who enchants his unarmed strike with the Sizing weapon property could resize himself to any size he wanted.

Flickerdart
2015-01-26, 01:52 PM
By that reasoning, a Warforged Monk/Kensai who enchants his unarmed strike with the Sizing weapon property could resize himself to any size he wanted.
Hey, a lot of people try to argue that any monk with a Sizing unarmed strike resizes himself! :smalltongue:

Necroticplague
2015-01-26, 01:58 PM
Hey, a lot of people try to argue that any monk with a Sizing unarmed strike resizes himself! :smalltongue:

Eh, I always thought of it more like Battletoads-style limbs enlarging as they punch, then returning to normal.