PDA

View Full Version : Empire - The Dawn Accord

HalfTangible
2015-01-26, 04:39 PM
The room set aside for the meeting between the Imperium, Concordat and Empire was a simple room. There was little adornment here save for a painting of a beach in the back of the room. A large table had been laid out for their use, and guards placed at the doors. The group was allowed to bring their own guards, but the room was suitably cramped so that only one or two guards per nation could get inside.

As usual, the High Priestess of Sycia dressed modestly. She wore a simple dress and pair of bracers set with tears of Yphine. The catfolk woman's tail twitched with apprehension as she entered the room, one of the last to arrive.

Marvella took a seat at the head of the table, but did not speak until the remaining dignitaries had arrived. "Thank you all for coming. I imagine most of us are eager to return to the festivities, so I'll cut to the chase. Our goal here is to end the Sunset War. Various personal correspondence has been exchanged and deals have been struck between the leaders of the nations we are here to represent, and compiled by a Sycian scribe. We have a first draft of the Dawn Accord here. Concerns over its wording and the details of the agreement shall be worked out before we begin signing."

She placed the accord on the table and began to read it aloud.

((All current copies of the accord are extremely out of date because somebody decided to discuss it over Skype. Ya know, where record-keeping is almost impossible))

- All factional terms should be binding to the nations comprising them at the time of signing, regardless of later factional membership. All references to the Concordat should be considered as referring to the Glazfelli Hegemony and its subjects, the Tzaltec Empire and its subjects, and the Freehold of Faedas and its subjects. All references to the Empire of Dawn should be considered to apply to The Kingdom of Serendel and its subjects, and in particular the Guilderene Expanse.

- Cession of Sahra'a to Glazfell
- Cession of Clanships to the Alliance of Lanteroc.
- Cession of Frontier to Tzalteclan
- Straits remain open to all Concordat and Empire of Dawn traffic: Military, Trade, or Otherwise.
- The Guilderene Expanse may not send parties of trade, war, or espionage in or through Concordat lands without the permission of the sovereign of the lands to which they enter.
- A minimum of thirty years of non-aggression between all parties. No party may send soldiers over the borders into a different party's land without express approval of the latter party's Sovereign(s).
- The Dogeship of Guilder will operate with direct oversight from the Kingdom of Serendel for a indefinite period of no less than fifty years; all diplomatic engagements, military operations, and internal affairs should be cleared by the Emperor of Serendel before going into motion.
- Doge Wesley of Guilder will publicly apologize for both Doge Vizini's and the Guilderene Expanse's responsibility for the War.
- All prisoners of war held by either party will be released within three months of this treaty's signing, and given transport to the borders of their native lands.
- Both the Concordat and Empire of Dawn will remove all war parties, camps, and soldiers from foreign lands within six months of this treaty's signing. Courtiers, Embassies, and citizens present in no official capacity may remain.

Article 1 - Troops
1.1 All signatory parties agree to a 30 year period of non-aggression:
1.1.(a) Neither the first party (the Concordat of Frost and Flame), nor second party (the Empire of Dawn) nor third party (the Salterri Imperium) shall send troops into the territory of the other parties save that they pass through quickly and at the request of or otherwise with the permission of the territory's respective sovereign.
1.1.(a).i. This treaty does not supersede the 463 Treaty between the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea and Faedas Freehold with regard to troop disposition in Eyrecradia.
1.1.(a).ii. As the executive authority in Requiem the Kingdom of Serendel shall be allowed to station troops under its command there indefinitely.
1.1.(b). No party shall allow their commanders to lead in battles against any signatory party if a war is waged by a fourth party.
1.1.(c). This clause shall not preclude alliance between the three parties.
1.2. All troops of all signatory nations shall cease hostilities and withdraw from any theaters that have not ended at time of signing at the earliest opportunity.
1.2.(a) Reasonable provision shall be made for the time taken to convey and execute the necessary orders. Withdrawal shall be concluded by the first day of 501.

Article 2 - Territory
2.1 The territory of Sahra'ha is acknowledged as the territory of the Concordat of Frost and Flame.
2.2 The territory known as the Frontier is acknowledged as the territory of the Concordat of Frost and Flame.
2.3 The territory known as the Clanships is acknowledged as the territory of the Concordat of Frost and Flame.
2.4 The territory of Razdis is acknowledged as the territory of the Empire of Dawn.

Article 3 - Faith
3.1 The nation of Faedas shall be granted religious conversion rights in the region of Razdis.
3.2 Faedas shall attempt to dissipate, redirect or otherwise neutralize the Erlstorm in such a way as to prevent it from causing further harm to the territory of the signatory parties. (This only applies to the Erlstorm present in Maos at time of signing)

Article 4 - Trade
4.1 The nation of Faedas shall be granted a trade post in the territory of Razdis.
4.2 The nation of Faedas shall be gratned a trade post in the territory of Elbaraz.

Article 5 - Violations
5.1 Any perceived violation in this treaty shall be handled diplomatically to the best of the signatory nation's abilities through amendment.
5.2 Should any part of this treaty be violated and an amicable solution cannot be agreed to by all parties, the treaty becomes null and void.

Article 1 - Troops
1.1 All signatory parties agree to a 30 year period of non-aggression. Neither the first party (the Concordat of Frost and Flame), nor second party (the Empire of Dawn) nor third party (the Salterri Imperium) shall send troops into the territory of the other parties (save that they pass through quickly and with the permission of the territory's respective sovereign), nor allow their commanders to lead in battles against any signatory party if a war is waged by a fourth party. This does not preclude alliance between the three parties.
1.2 All troops of all signatory nations shall cease hostilities and withdraw from any theaters that have not ended at time of signing. (allowing for the time required for news of this treaty to reach each nation's troops)

Article 2 - Territory
2.1 The territory of Sahra'ha is acknowledged as the territory of the Concordat of Frost and Flame.
2.2 The territory known as the Frontier is acknowledged as the territory of the Concordat of Frost and Flame.
2.3 The territory known as the Clanships is acknowledged as the territory of the Concordat of Frost and Flame.
2.4 The territory of Razdis is acknowledged as the territory of the Empire of Dawn.

Article 3 - Faith
3.1 The nation of Faedas shall be granted religious conversion rights in the region of Razdis.
3.2 Faedas shall attempt to dissipate, redirect or otherwise neutralize the Erlstorm in such a way as to prevent it from causing further harm to the territory of the signatory parties. (This only applies to the Erlstorm present in Maos at time of signing)

Article 4 - Trade
4.1 The nation of Faedas shall be granted a trade post in the territory of Razdis.
4.2 The nation of Faedas shall be gratned a trade post in the territory of Elbaraz.

Article 5 - Violations
5.1 Any perceived violation in this treaty shall be handled diplomatically to the best of the signatory nation's abilities through amendment.
5.2 Should any part of this treaty be violated and an amicable solution cannot be agreed to by all parties, the treaty becomes null and void.

Aedilred
2015-01-26, 05:05 PM
Malyn entered alone with a single scrivener for company, and listened as Marvella read the treaty, taking a copy for himself to look over.

"In spirit, this seems acceptable to my kingdom. With regard to Clause 1.1..." he paused for a moment - "It might be preferable to separate section 1 into sub-clauses each dealing with one element of the non-aggression pact, for ease of future reference. In any case, to avoid misunderstanding or indeed wilful misconstruction of this clause in future, given that there are territories which remain legally part of the Imperium while practically part of the Empire or the Concordat, I would suggest the following amendment:"

1.1 All signatory parties agree to a 30 year period of non-aggression:
1.1.(a) Neither the first party (the Concordat of Frost and Flame), nor second party (the Empire of Dawn) nor third party (the Salterri Imperium) shall send troops into the territory of the other parties save that they pass through quickly and at the request of or otherwise with the permission of the territory's respective sovereign.
1.1.(a).i. This treaty does not supersede the 463 Treaty between the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea and Faedas Freehold with regard to troop disposition in Eyrecradia.
1.1.(a).ii. As the executive authority in Requiem the Kingdom of Serendel shall be allowed to station troops under its command there indefinitely.
1.1.(b). No party shall allow their commanders to lead in battles against any signatory party if a war is waged by a fourth party.
1.1.(c). This clause shall not preclude alliance between the three parties.
1.2. All troops of all signatory nations shall cease hostilities and withdraw from any theaters that have not ended at time of signing at the earliest opportunity. 1.2.(a) Reasonable provision shall be made for the time taken to convey and execute the necessary orders. Withdrawal shall be concluded by the first day of 501.

SamBurke
2015-01-27, 02:05 AM
Doge Wesley's stand-in entered the room, a lovely Salterri by the name of Kuku Lelion, who just happens to have Guilderene bronze on her ring finger.

She bowed, wordlessly, and smiled towards Malyn, while making a quiet note to remember where they had last met, or if her memory was mistaken. The retainer with her, a printer and scribe from her homelands, writes a quick note, and hands the scroll to Marvella.

While Glazfell's control of Sah'raa and Tzalteclan's hegemony over Frontier are likely to ensure at least moderate succor for the Guilderene citizens there, the Clanships is in the hands of the Saroc, who have historically persecuted the region, as well as others. Guilder would wish it to stay in other hands, Planinfrag suggested but any others welcomed. This would greatly preserve the population, and prevent them from suffering any further the rape, murder, and destruction that has already occurred there.

TheWombatOfDoom
2015-01-28, 07:32 AM
((Just an ooc question...why is it that the Salterri are involved in this peace agreement, when other delegates that were within this war are not, such as Hurosha, Niskovia, Ashenia, Bordeux, and the Triumvirate, all who have alliances with my nation, just as I believe the Salterri have with the Concordat.))

BladeofObliviom
2015-01-28, 09:27 AM
((Just an ooc question...why is it that the Salterri are involved in this peace agreement, when other delegates that were within this war are not, such as Hurosha, Niskovia, Ashenia, Bordeux, and the Triumvirate, all who have alliances with my nation, just as I believe the Salterri have with the Concordat.))

((Because none of those people declared war against either the Salterri or Concordat, Wombat. We're not in a state of war with them.))

Morph Bark
2015-01-29, 07:40 PM
Li Aarne Krii Valkoinen, one of few in line for the Silver Throne, had been sent as the Heartlands' representative in the negotiations. Upon reading the Accord that Marvella had put forth, nodded at several points. Very good, diplomatic from a position of strength. Impressive. I can see why Eero would want to get under her robes. He smiled at the thought of his brother. "This appears to be... acceptable." He rose. "With a few minor additions pertaining to the Imperium, of course."

Imagine that those are here for now in formal form. Suffice to say it's about trade posts in Grmanhil and other, minor reparations in the form of gifts (particularly those that Guilder won't be able to continue with the loss of Clanships, like a stack of food resource for 25 years). More formal version to follow. (Though feel free to formalize it in my stead.)

QuintonBeck
2015-01-29, 10:36 PM
Megadeth Khaboss Urindak Stormskull had arrived at the Gala with the Tzaltec delegation, having been informed it was where the words were to replace swords. He entered the conference room alongside the Tzaltec and immediately he stood out from the dignified statesmen organized by the other delegations. He wore a thick fur toga-like sheet that draped over his shoulder and did the bare minimum to provide some sense of modesty. His great blue scarred form, towering over most of the others at an impressive 7 3/4 feet height and broad as an old oak he appeared to be the model of a night terror. He entered alone, aside from the Tzaltec, having traveled with only a few Khabosses he had left to attend the rest of the Gala. His great tusks shimmered with salivation and he looked ready to snap upon the opposing representatives as the conversation began.

"The land of Clanships are mine!" he shouted as he looked over the shoulder of Marvella after receiving the letter from the Guilderene, "You will not rob me fornik! Not for the no balsat complain of 'purse a cue shun' from Tuvaak!" after saying the name the Megadeth spit a great wad of phlegm upon the ground.

SamBurke
2015-01-31, 12:52 PM
Megadeth Khaboss Urindak Stormskull had arrived at the Gala with the Tzaltec delegation, having been informed it was where the words were to replace swords. He entered the conference room alongside the Tzaltec and immediately he stood out from the dignified statesmen organized by the other delegations. He wore a thick fur toga-like sheet that draped over his shoulder and did the bare minimum to provide some sense of modesty. His great blue scarred form, towering over most of the others at an impressive 7 3/4 feet height and broad as an old oak he appeared to be the model of a night terror. He entered alone, aside from the Tzaltec, having traveled with only a few Khabosses he had left to attend the rest of the Gala. His great tusks shimmered with salivation and he looked ready to snap upon the opposing representatives as the conversation began.

"The land of Clanships are mine!" he shouted as he looked over the shoulder of Marvella after receiving the letter from the Guilderene, "You will not rob me fornik! Not for the no balsat complain of 'purse a cue shun' from Tuvaak!" after saying the name the Megadeth spit a great wad of phlegm upon the ground.
Lelion does not bow at the entrance of the great Khaboss, and stares at him with her warrior's blood burning. "And tell me of the bravery of your men, how well they fought these past years, as water washes against the Gates of Molten Earth and Boiling Seas. There is nothing to rob you OF, Stormskull." She takes note of his inclusion of the Tuuvak, however. Apparently the persecution had gone on for many years past what they had even expected, back to when those people resided in Clanships proper.

"However, while I believe the current agreement to be equitable enough... I believe, Glazfell, that you had more demands to place?"

She turns to Valkoinen, and bows. "We shall speak of our peace with the Salterri soon, but it shall be another treaty. Apologies for the seeming complexity, but it will allow for more clarity in the long run, milady."

QuintonBeck
2015-01-31, 07:05 PM
Lelion does not bow at the entrance of the great Khaboss, and stares at him with her warrior's blood burning. "And tell me of the bravery of your men, how well they fought these past years, as water washes against the Gates of Molten Earth and Boilin-"

The Megadeth Khaboss flew across the room, raising his hand and bringing it down hard across the face of Lelion, knocking the small woman to the ground.

"Do not speak out of turn tramp of Gilter!"

HalfTangible
2015-01-31, 07:15 PM
The Megadeth Khaboss flew across the room, raising his hand and bringing it down hard across the face of Lelion, knocking the small woman to the ground.

Ice suddenly coated the Megadeth Khaboss. In moments, he was unable to move. Marvella was standing now, her arm extended towards the orc, and the guards in the room were pointing their weapons. "We're here to talk, not to fight. Your presence here is conditional on your continued attempts at peace. Strike anyone in here again, I will frostbite your head off and your people's war spoils will be frozen, literally as well as figuratively if I can manage it. And that is if we're feeling generous. IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!"

QuintonBeck
2015-01-31, 07:26 PM
Ice suddenly coated the Megadeth Khaboss. In moments, he was unable to move. Marvella was standing now, her arm extended towards the orc, and the guards in the room were pointing their weapons. "We're here to talk, not to fight. Your presence here is conditional on your continued attempts at peace. Strike anyone in here again, I will frostbite your head off and your people's war spoils will be frozen, literally as well as figuratively if I can manage it. And that is if we're feeling generous. IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!"

Stormskull flexed his great blue muscles beneath the ice causing it to crack but he remained otherwise in place, he bore his tusks teeth and growled a guttural utterance more animistic than any of the others present imagined themselves capable of.

"Crawick buzhar sut!," the Megadeth shouted, seeming to be a curse in the native Saroc tongue, "Release me crawick and do not speak to me as equal. Megadeth Ahmes is only equal known to Stormskull here."

HalfTangible
2015-01-31, 08:14 PM
Stormskull flexed his great blue muscles beneath the ice causing it to crack but he remained otherwise in place, he bore his tusks teeth and growled a guttural utterance more animistic than any of the others present imagined themselves capable of.

"Crawick buzhar sut!," the Megadeth shouted, seeming to be a curse in the native Saroc tongue, "Release me crawick and do not speak to me as equal. Megadeth Ahmes is only equal known to Stormskull here."

"Your ignorance in the presence of your betters is not my problem and I refuse to account for it."

The cracks in the ice closed back up. "You will be released when you calm yourself." She jabbed her thumb at the guards. "Otherwise they'll probably kill you."

TheDarkDM
2015-02-01, 03:28 AM
Just as the situation seemed certain to spiral into violence, Ahmes leapt from his chair and stepped between Marvella and Stormskull. Clutching the massive blue saroc's frost-covered shoulders, Ahmes stared the Megadeth Khaboss directly in the eyes.

Urindak! Do not sully your hand on this witless fornik peshnat!

Ahmes brought his forehead against Stormskull's and began whispering in the language of the saroc.

<Hadnik, this creature that takes the shape of a woman wants to rouse your anger. Their allies are so blinded by inept self righteousness that even your just punishment will be touted as barbarism. Guilder's words are naught but wind, as you well know - let them wash over you as you stand as the proud mountian you are.>

He spared a glance at Marvella before returning his attention to Stormskull.

<Do not begrudge the priestess Marvella her actions, my friend. She seeks to take Guilder from its viperous, lying rulers by guile rather than force. I know it is not our way, but it is hers and with it she has found success. She must defend the Guilderene, lest years of effort come to naught.>

Kitsanth
2015-02-01, 08:15 AM
((OOC: the following assumes that the door is closed, if not the first sentence is easy enough to disregard))

The door slams open, crashing against the wall behind it. Standing in the doorway is a nondescript figure, dressed in all black he seems to wears no armour and bares no visible arms. His - and it clear that his stranger is a male despite his short height - face is concealed by a scarf, only his amber eyes can be seen. Once he has the attention of those in the room he raises a hand slowly and removes the scarf, revealing his vibrant red hair and pointed ears. As he does so he seems to mutter, "Darn scarves, always messing my hair up." but you cannot be sure.

And then he speaks.

"I am General Teodor Nisakovich of House Nisakovich, here to represent the interests of the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia." The General smirked, "I assume that my invitation was lost."

The room is still silent, perhaps they are shocked by his audacity to barge in on a closed meeting like this?

"Do you people realise how difficult it was to find the location of your soiree?" he says, pulling a scroll from somewhere and tossing it down onto the table as he speaks, "I do hope I brought enough copies, both of the treaty between the Kingdom of Serendel and the Principality of Niskovia as well as the Sovereign Principality's Declaration of Involvement in what you have laughably been calling a war." the old General raises an eyebrow, "Or did you think that we would not stand by our comrades? The Home Guard may not have crossed blades with any of your forces but under my command they still liberated the people of Domhan Abhaile from those who would have otherwise been their overlords."

"If you want me to leave you will have to convince me that your cause is honourable." Teodor's steely gaze sweeps over the assembled delegates. "And that is not likely to be an easy task."

Declaration of Intent of Involvement in the War

From the pen of Grand Prince Jehan de Sebastian of House Nisakovich, this proclamation is sent to the Sovereigns of all recognised Nations

On this day my people have been called upon to honour the Niskovia-Serendel treaty of 482. We care naught for any of the half-truths and justifications thrown about by those who would attack our ally. We know only that the Sovereign territory of the Kingdom of Serendel has been violated by aggressive invaders and so we will do our duty and defend them.
The Home Guard has already set sail for Domhan Abhaile in order to liberate the Priomhcine from those who would occupy their land.

It brings me great sorrow to think that my people may be forced to fight against those who would call themselves allies of Niskovia, but I will not be swayed from this course of action as to issue a retraction would besmirch the honour of my House and the honour of my people.

signed,

Jehan de Sebastian of House Nisakovich, Grand Prince of the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia, High Prince of the Niskan people, Honorary Elder of Valeriya, Prince of Karintiya, Prince of Kaspiyskiya, High Chief of the Felcath Clans and Potentate of the Severtian people by hereditary right of conquest.

The Kingdom of Serendel - Sovereign Principality Defence Pact, signed 482
The Kingdom of Serendel is permitted to construct consulates in major Niskovian cities.
The Sovereign Principality of Niskovia is permitted to construct consulates in major Selyran cities.
Both nations pledge military support on matters of mutual interest
Both nations pledge military support should one nation be attacked by a mutual outside threat
This protection is extended to vassals under the protection of either nation in the event that their own liege is unable to render assistance

HalfTangible
2015-02-01, 08:35 AM
((OOC: the following assumes that the door is closed, if not the first sentence is easy enough to disregard))

The door slams open, crashing against the wall behind it. Standing in the doorway is a nondescript figure, dressed in all black he seems to wears no armour and bares no visible arms. His - and it clear that his stranger is a male despite his short height - face is concealed by a scarf, only his amber eyes can be seen. Once he has the attention of those in the room he raises a hand slowly and removes the scarf, revealing his vibrant red hair and pointed ears. As he does so he seems to mutter, "Darn scarves, always messing my hair up." but you cannot be sure.

And then he speaks.

"I am General Teodor Nisakovich of House Nisakovich, here to represent the interests of the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia." The General smirked, "I assume that my invitation was lost."

The room is still silent, perhaps they are shocked by his audacity to barge in on a closed meeting like this?

"Do you people realise how difficult it was to find the location of your soiree?" he says, pulling a scroll from somewhere and tossing it down onto the table as he speaks, "I do hope I brought enough copies, both of the treaty between the Kingdom of Serendel and the Principality of Niskovia as well as the Sovereign Principality's Declaration of Involvement in what you have laughably been calling a war." the old General raises an eyebrow, "Or did you think that we would not stand by our comrades? The Home Guard may not have crossed blades with any of your forces but under my command they still liberated the people of Domhan Abhaile from those who would have otherwise been their overlords."

"If you want me to leave you will have to convince me that your cause is honourable." Teodor's steely gaze sweeps over the assembled delegates. "And that is not likely to be an easy task."

"... Never before have I been so eager for the winter to start killing people." Marvella glared at the General, then gestured to the guards. "Remove him, if you please. This is for countries involved with the Sunset War."

The guards moved to escort the General out of the room.

Kitsanth
2015-02-01, 08:59 AM
Teodor was unimpressed.

"You acknowledge that no citizen of any land that lies within the Empire of Dawn was the mastermind behind either the day I lost the granddaughters* I had never met? or the murder of my sister-in-law Li Huanle Jarrow?" His voice is slightly incredulous, "And yet you insist on your course of action."

The General produces another scroll which he tosses onto the table. "It is your people who are the aggressors here and you do not care for the evidence I have brought here to remind you, evidence which I know the Sovereign's of all nations are aware of. You do not care because with the might of the Imperium behind you in your self-righteous crusade you are able to do whatever you wish and none are able to stand against you." Teodor's eyes narrow, "Your people are without honour and nothing I say here can change that. And so I will leave but not because you ask."

The General turns, sure to sidestep the guards and ensuring that all present within the room have a clear view of his back as he walks away very, very slowly.

((OOC note*: Teodor is referencing the Lotus Massacre))

HalfTangible
2015-02-01, 09:11 AM
Teodor was unimpressed.

"You acknowledge that no citizen of any land that lies within the Empire of Dawn was the mastermind behind either the day I lost the granddaughters* I had never met? or the murder of my sister-in-law Li Huanle Jarrow?" His voice is slightly incredulous, "And yet you insist on your course of action."

The General produces another scroll which he tosses onto the table. "It is your people who are the aggressors here and you do not care for the evidence I have brought here to remind you, evidence which I know the Sovereign's of all nations are aware of. You do not care because with the might of the Imperium behind you in your self-righteous crusade you are able to do whatever you wish and none are able to stand against you." Teodor's eyes narrow, "Your people are without honour and nothing I say here can change that. And so I will leave but not because you ask."

The General turns, sure to sidestep the guards and ensuring that all present within the room have a clear view of his back as he walks away very, very slowly.

((OOC note*: Teodor is referencing the Lotus Massacre))

"I was actually saying that your utter disregard for the lives lost and Niskovia's utter lack of involvement in the war meant you had no right to waltz in and pretend you owned the place." Marvella said dryly. "But you're not listening anyway, so I'll stop here."

Kitsanth
2015-02-01, 09:55 AM
"I was actually saying that your utter disregard for the lives lost and Niskovia's utter lack of involvement in the war meant you had no right to waltz in and pretend you owned the place." Marvella said dryly. "But you're not listening anyway, so I'll stop here."

Upon hearing Marvella speak, Teodor turns and calls out, "I thought you wanted me gone? But I don't mind staying." If one was standing close enough they would be able to see the determined glint in his eyes. "There are many more things I could say. I'm sure that the presence of the Niskovian Home Guard in Domhan Abhaile had nothing to do with the Glazfell Hegemony's decision not abandon the subjugation of the Priomhcine."

The General steps closer to the room, "And to imply that meaningless deaths of so many does not affect me, oh if only I were still an impetuous youth. I would be dead within a mere handful of minutes. But I am not young and the deaths of so many do concern me. Lives were lost on both sides! And is there talk of reparations to the families of the soldiers who died in defence of the Empire of Dawn? Of course not because then you would have to give a damn."

He moves closer still, yet remains beyond the doorway, "They at least have an afterlife, a place where your petty agendas will not touch them. If any of my kin had died in your war their spirits would have been doomed to wander this world, unable to touch it yet able to see everything, a seemingly unending purgatory, until they are reborn, blessedly unable to recall their previous existence. And yet every single one of my men was prepared to pay that price in a war that you say is not ours."

"Would you have been able to do the same?" Teodor scoffs, "Avatar you may be but I still doubt it."

HalfTangible
2015-02-01, 10:13 AM
Upon hearing Marvella speak, Teodor turns and calls out, "I thought you wanted me gone? But I don't mind staying." If one was standing close enough they would be able to see the determined glint in his eyes. "There are many more things I could say. I'm sure that the presence of the Niskovian Home Guard in Domhan Abhaile had nothing to do with the Glazfell Hegemony's decision not abandon the subjugation of the Priomhcine."

The General steps closer to the room, "And to imply that meaningless deaths of so many does not affect me, oh if only I were still an impetuous youth. I would be dead within a mere handful of minutes. But I am not young and the deaths of so many do concern me. Lives were lost on both sides! And is there talk of reparations to the families of the soldiers who died in defence of the Empire of Dawn? Of course not because then you would have to give a damn."

He moves closer still, yet remains beyond the doorway, "They at least have an afterlife, a place where your petty agendas will not touch them. If any of my kin had died in your war their spirits would have been doomed to wander this world, unable to touch it yet able to see everything, a seemingly unending purgatory, until they are reborn, blessedly unable to recall their previous existence. And yet every single one of my men was prepared to pay that price in a war that you say is not ours."

"You yourself called the war 'laughable'." Marvella growled. "You've shown your utter disrepect and no one at this table has time for sputtering children. I didn't invite you back in and no one invited you here to begin with, because quite frankly you didn't fight in the war. All you did was declare and send your troops to a location that wasn't even a battlefield."

"Would you have been able to do the same?" Teodor scoffs, "Avatar you may be but I still doubt it.""I am not in a good mood today. I will ignore one crack about my status as Yphine's voice." Her eyes narrowed. "One."

"Now get him out of here. For real, this time."

Kitsanth
2015-02-01, 10:47 AM
"You yourself called the war 'laughable'." Marvella growled. "You've shown your utter disrepect and no one at this table has time for sputtering children. I didn't invite you back in and no one invited you here to begin with, because quite frankly you didn't fight in the war. All you did was declare and send your troops to a location that wasn't even a battlefield."

"I am not in a good mood today. I will ignore one crack about my status as Yphine's voice." Her eyes narrowed. "One."

"Now get him out of here. For real, this time."

"I said that to call this a war is laughable, awfully one-sided conflict would be more correct," Teodor very carefully remains outside the room, "And who are you to call me a child? When my grandchildren have children of their own?"

Teodor smiles, "And I will tell you that my wife is Li Shuxian Jarrow, that our eldest son is Li Svante Nisakovich. Or are you not that familiar with those who would be your allies in this?" The General watches the guards approach and produces yet another scroll, throwing it towards Marvella.

"I had hoped that you would have been reasonable," sighs Teodor, "you will want to read that and then allow me to stay. "

I, Kellan Toranath III, King of Ashenia, do hereby authorise the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia to represent the interests of the Kingdom of Ashenia in negotiations concerning the cessation of hostilities between the Empire of Dawn and the Concordat of Frost and Flame and the Empire of Dawn and the Salterri Imperium.
May Yphine grant us wisdom.

HalfTangible
2015-02-01, 10:58 AM
"I said that to call this a war is laughable, awfully one-sided conflict would be more correct," Teodor very carefully remains outside the room, "And who are you to call me a child? When my grandchildren have children of their own?"

"I am a thinking adult with the ability to recognize behavior patterns."

Teodor smiles, "And I will tell you that my wife is Li Shuxian Jarrow, that our eldest son is Li Svante Nisakovich. Or are you not that familiar with those who would be your allies in this?" The General watches the guards approach and produces yet another scroll, throwing it towards Marvella.

"I had hoped that you would have been reasonable," sighs Teodor, "you will want to read that and then allow me to stay. "

"You've already stated you come here as an enemy and openly mock everyone here, I don't care who you're related to."

She stared at the paper a moment, then look up to the Niskovian General, eyebrow cocked. "... Why on Telluris would you come here to represent one nation and then claim you're representing another? ...Whatever. Behave." She slid the paper across to him. "This is what we have so far."

Morph Bark
2015-02-01, 11:13 AM
Aarne remained quiet amidst the outbursts and burst-ins of the various gathered and uninvited nations. He read the scrolls Teodor produced with care. "Hmmm." He frowned a bit at the line that spoke of those who would call themselves allies of Niskovia, and glanced at his uncle. "I, for one, do not mind my uncle spectating, though I should note that Ashenia has no right to interfere in this matter. If he takes nothing more than an advisory role at the utmost, I shall not dispute his presence."

SamBurke
2015-02-01, 11:22 AM

Lelion stands up again. "I find it odd that you call me a tramp, given that my people have no ability for intercourse with lesser beings such as humans or yourself. Scientific impossibility aside, I would like to speak with the important delegates here--" At this point, Kuku is interrupted by the sudden entrance of the Niskovian (Ashenian?) delegate.

She listens to everything, including Aarne's words, and sits down. "While I am unsure how this new delegate's signature will effect the treaty, given that he is not involved in any of its words, I approve of his presence, as a known ally of my husband's people."

She turns to Marvella. "I believe that you have some new terms for us to examine?"

Aedilred
2015-02-01, 03:06 PM
"I am a thinking adult with the ability to recognize behavior patterns."

"You've already stated you come here as an enemy and openly mock everyone here, I don't care who you're related to."

She stared at the paper a moment, then look up to the Niskovian General, eyebrow cocked. "... Why on Telluris would you come here to represent one nation and then claim you're representing another? ...Whatever. Behave." She slid the paper across to him. "This is what we have so far."
Malyn had been grinding his teeth throughout the various exchanges, and was finally moved to speak.

"All of us came here as enemies of another party," he said, without rising from his chair. "In fact, is that not the reason for our attendance? The mockery and, indeed, violence, High Priestess, began before General Teodor even entered. The Sovereign Principality of Niskovia was a declared party to this war even if it suffered or inflicted no losses, so an agreement must be signed with my brother of Kishinev to end the war for the sake of formality if nothing else, whether this treaty or a separate one as whichever shall be agreed between the Imperium and other parties. That the invitations to this conference omitted the Sovereign Principality is the fault of the host, not theirs."

Using the Jarrland loose definition of "brother" to include in-laws here

HalfTangible
2015-02-01, 03:10 PM
Malyn had been grinding his teeth throughout the various exchanges, and was finally moved to speak.

"All of us came here as enemies of another party," he said, without rising from his chair. "In fact, is that not the reason for our attendance? The mockery and, indeed, violence, High Priestess, began before General Teodor even entered. The Sovereign Principality of Niskovia was a declared party to this war even if it suffered or inflicted no losses, so an agreement must be signed with my brother of Kishinev to end the war for the sake of formality if nothing else, whether this treaty or a separate one as whichever shall be agreed between the Imperium and other parties. That the invitations to this conference omitted the Sovereign Principality is the fault of the host, not theirs."

Using the Jarrland loose definition of "brother" to include in-laws here

"No one who actually cared about ending a war would call one laughable. Niskovia just attempted to claim the benefits of being both an ally and an enemy at the same time, and I called them out on it. At least the rest of us have made our allegiances clear." She planted her index finger on the page. "But today has been truly dismal and I'm not here do debate who insulted whom first. The terms as laid out here ((They're in the OP)) are what we have so far. Any additions, omissions or edits?"

Aedilred
2015-02-01, 03:29 PM
"No one who actually cared about ending a war would call one laughable. Niskovia just attempted to claim the benefits of being both an ally and an enemy at the same time, and I called them out on it. At least the rest of us have made our allegiances clear." She planted her index finger on the page. "But today has been truly dismal and I'm not here do debate who insulted whom first. The terms as laid out here ((They're in the OP)) are what we have so far. Any additions, omissions or edits?"

"Frankly, my lady, the behaviour of many of the representatives at this conference has been a disgrace. Perhaps this is to be expected when those who have fought a ruinous war are confined together, but I should hope we could all at least try to remember our manners. In any case it is irrelevant to the facts of the matter. If you wish to remain at state of war with Niskovia and Ashenia through excluding them from the peace agreement I would be dismayed, but that would be the Concordat's decision. It is my understanding that my brother-" he nodded to Teodor - "is not currently at war with the Qzare, and though allegiances have been given a rigorous testing over the last ten years the king and I still consider him and King Kellan to be friends of the Imperium and of my kingdom. That, I believe, is what the General meant when he referred to his purported allies here as well as his declared opponents, and frankly I must apologise to him for not having remembered sooner myself that his master should be a party to the treaty.

"As discussed, it is my understanding that the Imperium is now to reach separate terms with the Empire of Dawn, so I shall not pass further comment on the terms between the Concordat and the Empire unless you wish for any assistance with draftsmanship."

SamBurke
2015-02-01, 03:56 PM
Lelion glanced over the revisions, carefully noting the strike-throughs and extra words added. "I, as acting Doge of the Guilderene Expanses, with all titles, rights, privileges, and responsibilities attached therein, do sign the treaty as follows."

- All factional terms should be binding to the nations comprising them at the time of signing, regardless of later factional membership. All references to the Concordat should be considered as referring to the Glazfelli Hegemony and its subjects, the Tzaltec Empire and its subjects, and the Freehold of Faedas and its subjects. All references to the Empire of Dawn should be considered to apply to The Kingdom of Serendel and its subjects, and in particular the Guilderene Expanse.

- Cession of the territory of Sahra'a to Glazfell
- Cession of the territory of Clanships to the Alliance of Lanteroc.
- Cession of the territory of Frontier to Tzalteclan
- Straits remain open to all Concordat and Empire of Dawn traffic: Military, Trade, or Otherwise.
- The Guilderene Expanse may not send parties of trade, war, or espionage in or through Concordat lands without the permission of the sovereign of the lands to which they enter.
- A minimum of thirty years of non-aggression between all parties. No party may send soldiers over the borders into a different party's land without express approval of the latter party's Sovereign(s).
- The Dogeship of Guilder will operate with direct oversight from the Kingdom of Serendel for a indefinite period of no less than fifty years; all diplomatic engagements, military operations, and internal affairs should be cleared by the Emperor of Serendel before going into motion.
- Doge Wesley of Guilder will publicly apologize for both Doge Vizini's and the Guilderene Expanse's responsibility for the War.
- All prisoners of war held by either party will be released within three months of this treaty's signing, and given transport to the borders of their native lands.
- Both the Concordat and Empire of Dawn will remove all war parties, camps, and soldiers from foreign lands within six months of this treaty's signing. Courtiers, Embassies, and citizens present in no official capacity may remain.

Signatures:
-Kuku Lelion, Acting Doge of the Guilderene Expanse

HalfTangible
2015-02-01, 03:59 PM
"Frankly, my lady, the behaviour of many of the representatives at this conference has been a disgrace. Perhaps this is to be expected when those who have fought a ruinous war are confined together, but I should hope we could all at least try to remember our manners. In any case it is irrelevant to the facts of the matter. If you wish to remain at state of war with Niskovia and Ashenia through excluding them from the peace agreement I would be dismayed, but that would be the Concordat's decision. It is my understanding that my brother-" he nodded to Teodor - "is not currently at war with the Qzare, and though allegiances have been given a rigorous testing over the last ten years the king and I still consider him and King Kellan to be friends of the Imperium and of my kingdom. That, I believe, is what the General meant when he referred to his purported allies here as well as his declared opponents, and frankly I must apologise to him for not having remembered sooner myself that his master should be a party to the treaty.

"As discussed, it is my understanding that the Imperium is now to reach separate terms with the Empire of Dawn, so I shall not pass further comment on the terms between the Concordat and the Empire unless you wish for any assistance with draftsmanship."

Marvella pinched the bridge of her nose, and spoke more slowly than before. "If you think they need to sign a peace treaty that they have nothing to do with that is your perogative and theres. Your offer to scribe is greatly appreciated. Do we have any suggested changes to the accord or should we get to signing?"

She cocked an eyebrow at the Active Doge. "... Okay, signing now then. Fine by me."

SamBurke
2015-02-01, 04:03 PM
Marvella pinched the bridge of her nose, and spoke more slowly than before. "If you think they need to sign a peace treaty that they have nothing to do with that is your perogative and theres. Your offer to scribe is greatly appreciated. Do we have any suggested changes to the accord or should we get to signing?"

She cocked an eyebrow at the Active Doge. "... Okay, signing now then. Fine by me."

The Acting Doge is confused for a moment. "This tells all that I have no objections to the treaty, correct?"

Morph Bark
2015-02-01, 05:02 PM
Aarne walked over to Kuku Lelian, the acting Doge, and rolled open a scroll before her on the table. "You are undoubtedly aware of the correspondence the Heartlands have had with the Kingdom of Serendel and the Guilderene Expanse, after the Kingdom of Serendel requested of the Imperium to know what would have us end this state of war between our nations. The terms we discussed in that correspondence have been written out in this document."

Settlement for Peace between the Salterri Imperium and the Empire of Dawn for the Betterment of the Grūk* and their Nation of Grmanhil:
1. The Salterri Heartlands gains first rights to two trade posts in Grmanhil.

2. The Salterri Heartlands gains first rights to one trade post in Selyra.

3. The Guilderene Expanse shall gift grain to the Caercian Consortium. This shall remain in place for 25 years. At their behest, they may opt to turn it into a trade with the Guilderene Expanse after, or even prior to the end date.

4. The Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall never again blockade the trade business of the Salterri Imperium.

5. The Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall bestow on the Salterri Heartlands and the vassal states bound to it within the Salterri Imperium (to wit: the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea, the Caercian Consortium, the Kingdom of Mularuhm, the Kingdom of Celero, the Seaborne Confederation, the Kingdom of the Isles, the Coalition of the Abyssian Sea, the Niemida Prefecture and the Nanguang Prefecture) the technology of Physics and the technology of Abyssium.

6. Mutual non-aggression between the Salterri Imperium and the Empire of Dawn for 40 years.

7. If the Salterri Imperium is attacked by any of the nations that assisted the Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse or the Empire of Dawn during the period of 486-499 (to wit: the Kingdom of Ashenia, the Hurosha Empire, the Triumvirate or the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia) while this period of non-aggression lasts, the Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall assist in defense of any regions that come under attack.

Kitsanth
2015-02-01, 07:29 PM
Having entered the room now, Teodor sketches signs of apology and thanks towards his distant kin - that they would speak in his favour was certainly appreciated. Though he had achieved his aim in being permitted to stay, it did not really excuse the spectacle he had made.

Still what was done was done and he proceeded to examine the documents closely, it seemed to be a list of fairly standard demands and some of them were even reasonable. He was just resolving to keep quiet and observe when -

"No one who actually cared about ending a war would call one laughable. Niskovia just attempted to claim the benefits of being both an ally and an enemy at the same time, and I called them out on it. At least the rest of us have made our allegiances clear."

- he had to call the High Priestess out on her seeming loss of short term memory, "The nuances do not translate well into trade tongue, I did attempt to make that clear but my meaning seems to have escaped you." Teodor did not look up from his perusal of the documentation, "Also, I distinctly recall announcing my intention to stand by my comrades in this when I first arrived. Or does that word also mean something different in your trade tongue?"

Teodor made sure to meet Marvella's eyes now, "You still insist that my nation is not at war with either yours, your liege or any of your myriad allies. So be it, a war is only truly such if declarations are made by both sides." the General nods at Malyn, "and my Royal Cousin raises a most excellent point. My people would never wish to be at war with any nation of the Imperium. And yet we risked it with full knowledge that they could crush us like insects and destroy all that my House has attempted to achieve."

"I do not understand how this is not obvious to you." the General smirked, "Next you'll tell me that no Ashenian lives were lost during their endeavour to liberate the Clanships? Your war is barely finished and already you rewrite your own history. What will you do if King Kellan should decide he wants retribution for that loss of life? I admit this is unlikely, I hear that the threat of ecological disaster occupies his time still."

HalfTangible
2015-02-01, 08:32 PM
Having entered the room now, Teodor sketches signs of apology and thanks towards his distant kin - that they would speak in his favour was certainly appreciated. Though he had achieved his aim in being permitted to stay, it did not really excuse the spectacle he had made.

Still what was done was done and he proceeded to examine the documents closely, it seemed to be a list of fairly standard demands and some of them were even reasonable. He was just resolving to keep quiet and observe when -

- he had to call the High Priestess out on her seeming loss of short term memory, "The nuances do not translate well into trade tongue, I did attempt to make that clear but my meaning seems to have escaped you." Teodor did not look up from his perusal of the documentation, "Also, I distinctly recall announcing my intention to stand by my comrades in this when I first arrived. Or does that word also mean something different in your trade tongue?"

Teodor made sure to meet Marvella's eyes now, "You still insist that my nation is not at war with either yours, your liege or any of your myriad allies. So be it, a war is only truly such if declarations are made by both sides." the General nods at Malyn, "and my Royal Cousin raises a most excellent point. My people would never wish to be at war with any nation of the Imperium. And yet we risked it with full knowledge that they could crush us like insects and destroy all that my House has attempted to achieve."

"I do not understand how this is not obvious to you." the General smirked, "Next you'll tell me that no Ashenian lives were lost during their endeavour to liberate the Clanships? Your war is barely finished and already you rewrite your own history. What will you do if King Kellan should decide he wants retribution for that loss of life? I admit this is unlikely, I hear that the threat of ecological disaster occupies his time still.""I simply take the good king at his word that his sole reason for entering the war was as retribution for Faedas' 'breaking' of the Pax Varinel. Are you calling the king of Ashenia a liar?"

"You are not at war because you never bothered to fight or to declare it, for that matter - your letter declares your intent to involve yourself, no more." She said coldly. "I am a four hundred year old purple pegasus pony with blue hair and full plate armor. I can say it, it doesn't make it true. You didn't stand by your 'comrades' in war, if we're generous enough to allow that yes, you're comrades with the Empire."

"Your only action in the war was to deploy your troops to a land that had no battle and yet you claim to be just as involved as Serendel or Tzalteclan. And then you laugh about the dead."

"If King Kellan wants retribution, then he may demand it as is his right as sovereign." She adjusted her reading glasses with one hand. "Now, are you done talking about everything but the Accord? Because I'm pretty sure we're here to stop a war, not to snipe at each other for the entire duration of the Centennial Gala."

TheDarkDM
2015-02-01, 09:53 PM
Senusret had watched the ensuing chaos of the negotiation room with a hard glare, seemingly trusting in his assembled children and allies to take control of the situation. However, as the last barb was exchanged between Marvella and the Niskovian general, he coughed and leaned against the table.

"As the High Priestess says, the purpose of this meeting is not to conduct a sad panto of our war but to end it. While your bravado does you little credit, man from Niskovia, should you wish to sign the treaty in the name of your government and that of Ashenia then Tzalteclan welcomes your presence."

Senusret pulled his obsidian knife from its secret sheet and slid it across his palm, allowing the blood to fall into a waiting bowl before dipping his seal and affixing it to the treaty. Then, clenching his hand as the scales of his palm knit back together, he turned to Marvella.

"High Priestess, would you care to sign?"

Kitsanth
2015-02-01, 09:53 PM
"First I wish to state for the record that the Kingdom of Serendel requested that we honour our treaty, which led to the presence of the Niskovian Home Guard in Domhan Abhaile. Which I am sure had nothing to do with the Glazfell Hegemony's decision to not capitalise on the results of their suicide run."

"And now as requested I will attempt to address the topic at hand. The concerns of my Sovereign were never truly answered and so I shall attempt to restate them in more detail." the General produces yet another scroll and refers to it as he continues, "the truths in this conflict as known by the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia are thus; that the nations arrayed against the Empire of Dawn took the opportunity to declare war once they were presented with what they felt was sufficient motive, with the goal of using their military might to force numerous concessions from the Guilderene Expanse as retribution for perceived wrongs enacted by a number of past Doge's against their people and/or nations?"

He pauses for breath, "and that once evidence was presented which exonerated the people of Guilder for several of the wrongs used as justification in various declarations of war, the nations involved began the process of suing for peace in order to gain said concessions in the hope that no other power would call them out on this?"

"Are these statements true or false? Is your cause here today honourable or not?" the General sounds as if he has already made up his mind on this issue, "Please, let me know so that I may sign, and then I shall leave here that I may advise my cousin appropriately."

TheDarkDM
2015-02-01, 10:08 PM
Senusret's eyes narrowed as he turned back towards the Niskovian.

"It is not the concern of this conference to debate the beginnings of this war. If Niskovia wishes to ignore the findings of the Cree, that is their business. If they wish to forget the reasons for this war, that is their business. But I have no interest in your objections, General, nor in explaining myself. If you wish to sign, then sign. If not, then leave."

HalfTangible
2015-02-01, 10:14 PM
"Are these statements true or false? Is your cause here today honourable or not?" the General sounds as if he has already made up his mind on this issue, "Please, let me know so that I may sign, and then I shall leave here that I may advise my cousin appropriately."

"Why do you ask a question to which you've already decided the answer?" Marvella asked as she signed the Dawn Accord. She stood and slid the accord into the center of the table. "Our cause today is honorable and will save many lives. But if that actually changes what you decided the moment you walked in, I will be genuinely surprised."

She deliberately avoided speaking to or looking at Senusret.

Kitsanth
2015-02-01, 10:58 PM
"Clearly honour means entirely different things to the both of us." Teodor slides the accord towards himself, producing a fountain pen as he does so.

"I, General Teodor Nisakovich of House Nisakovich, stated representative of Grand Prince Jehan de Sebastian of House Nisakovich, the reigning Sovereign of the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia, do hereby sign this document as having been witnessed by myself." He does so with a flourish. "I trust that that shall suffice?" he asks rhetorically.

Teodor now turns to address his distant kin. "I understand that the Imperium-Empire of Dawn settlement is not finished as yet. Given that the document I have seen thus far specifically mentions the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia, I am afraid must disappoint the High Priestess and remain until it is concluded. I give you both my word that I shall attempt to be as unobtrusive as possible until then."

QuintonBeck
2015-02-01, 11:09 PM
Just as the situation seemed certain to spiral into violence, Ahmes leapt from his chair and stepped between Marvella and Stormskull. Clutching the massive blue saroc's frost-covered shoulders, Ahmes stared the Megadeth Khaboss directly in the eyes.

Urindak! Do not sully your hand on this witless fornik peshnat!

Ahmes brought his forehead against Stormskull's and began whispering in the language of the saroc.

<Hadnik, this creature that takes the shape of a woman wants to rouse your anger. Their allies are so blinded by inept self righteousness that even your just punishment will be touted as barbarism. Guilder's words are naught but wind, as you well know - let them wash over you as you stand as the proud mountian you are.>

He spared a glance at Marvella before returning his attention to Stormskull.

<Do not begrudge the priestess Marvella her actions, my friend. She seeks to take Guilder from its viperous, lying rulers by guile rather than force. I know it is not our way, but it is hers and with it she has found success. She must defend the Guilderene, lest years of effort come to naught.>

<"Ahmes, my friend, these are fools and bastards all outside yours and mine. To be in their presence offends me. If this war of words is how business is done in the west I shall in the future decline these invitations and take by force what is mine to earn. For now though, I shall tolerate their offenses and stay the hand they so deserve but only for our friendship. Now, have your ice witch unfreeze me before my balls get frostbite.">

After being freed from the ice with a growl at the Priestess and reluctant retreat to the far corner of the room beside Ahmes the Saroc watched the entrance of the foreigner and the exchange between himself and the priestess.

<"Are you certain this would not be easier solved by crushing the skull of this little man? He appears weak and frail and the witch possesses much unholy power. Could she not freeze his throat and watch him choke? What a fine sight that would be, eh?"> The Saroc laughed cruelly drawing some attention despite none but Ahmes and a few of the other Tzaltec following his foreign words.

"<"What is this flimsy sheet of paper now all these are talking of signing? Is this where those who failed to win this war sign away the lives and property of those they failed to defend? I remember Gebui called for such a written agreement. That deceptive **** tried to have me killed when I came to meet him, just like Guilder. I see why Gebui made friends with the Guilderenes, weak little bastards trying to stand up to their betters. It's as I said Ahmes, the Guilderenes are agents of the Monto, both are enemies of our people, and once this war is complete we will need to eradicate our enemies, at home and abroad.">

Stepping forward from the far side of the room the massive Saroc strode the table, peering over the document he sneered, snatching a quill from the table and scrawling an illegible script across the bottom of the page.

"Your peace is signed, Clanships are METAL. Stormskull is done here." he said before returning to speak with Ahmes.

<"There, it is signed, might we be free of these insufferable presences now?">

SamBurke
2015-02-02, 12:00 AM
Senusret's eyes narrowed as he turned back towards the Niskovian.

"It is not the concern of this conference to debate the beginnings of this war. If Niskovia wishes to ignore the findings of the Cree, that is their business. If they wish to forget the reasons for this war, that is their business. But I have no interest in your objections, General, nor in explaining myself. If you wish to sign, then sign. If not, then leave."

Lelian shook her head. "While I find it odd that the Cree, after having been so thorough, used only the barest of circumstancial evidence to reach their conclusions... Suffice it to say that the findings of the Criman Tyranny are wholly inadequate, given that I know that neither my husband nor Father-in-law would act in a Tzaltec manner." She checks her hunting dagger for a second. Still sharp. Good.

"Regardless, it is signed. Let the Dawn Accord rise like the Dawn, but never bring us to another Sunset." She bows to all present, save Stormskull, and returns to her seat to await the finishing of ceremony, so the second treaty may be brought forward.

BladeofObliviom
2015-02-02, 03:05 PM
The Tieflings, among all the races, are ironically best known for their secrecy. In a heated debate, unless one of them is the speaker, it can be very difficult to keep track of their actions in the meantime.

When it came time for King Torre to appoint a successor to the late Lord Philos, he had read of the issues caused by the previous Seneschal's legendary temper in diplomacy. In this light, he chose a half-Tiefling courtier for the position, knowing that she would have the cunning and subtlety necessary for the position, but he also chose one that he knew he could trust and one who would definitely not burst into anger over a single man's insolence. And hopefully wouldn't die of disease either.

Lady Rana Alexia-Pamari was a bit of an oddity. Second in line to two separate duchies, she lived in Glazkopf rather than staying under constant surveillance by her older brothers in Shezhan and Deihaus. Not that they could now; a position such as Seneschal on Glazfell's Royal Council rendered her some level of political immunity that she'd have lacked as merely a second child.

She was a pretty young thing by some accounts, a dark-skinned woman with a long braid of deep blue hair and a pair of short, mismatched stubs of horn upon her head. Eyes catty and aggressive, she nevertheless watched the proceedings silently, wondering just how she ended up involved in a peace settlement for the world's greatest war yet with almost no diplomatic experience whatsoever.

Finally though, events came to a close without her direct involvement, and she nodded to the now-aged Thrale Hoarclaw and the Planin diplomat she had yet to meet properly (who didn't even see her, still glaring at the Komola across the room), signing the treaty officially.

Signatories:
Seneschal Rana Alexia-Pamari, on behalf of King Torre of Glazfell
Seneschal Thrale Hoarclaw, on behalf of Duke Ironfang II of Sympolemou

Reggiejam
2015-02-02, 08:56 PM
Arwynn Jarrow & her husband Walei Vel'Xorrith had been quiet throughout the meeting now that the treaty was on the table the Eyrecradian Princess stepped forward and penned her name, with the authority of the Faedas Freehold upon the document.

TheWombatOfDoom
2015-02-04, 08:43 AM
Myrida Serendel was silent throughout the proceedings, as much of the agreement had been penned prior to this meeting. That is, she was silent until Lelian was struck. At that point she stood, and her eyes grew dark.

"I will sign this treaty for the good of my nations, and for the benefit of suffering no more lives lost. But do not think that this means I will forget the actions of Tzalteclan on the former Doge Wesley, or the peace that was broken this day by one of its 'allies'."

As she said this, her skin began to glow, and a fire lit behind her eyes. It appeared as if a fire were burning within her. Any who had been present during the previous Grand Ball would recognize this...it was similar to the light that burned within the Jarrows when the naming of the Blazing Avatar killed the King of the Carmine Kingdom. It seems it had effected Myrida in this same way, in some fashion. And further still, she did not seem at all pained by the experience. Rather, fueled by it.

Slowly, she stepped up to the Concordat document. She took to the quill in hand, dipped the pen, and signed.

"Myrida Serendel, Empress of the New Dawn"

She turned to her representative from the Tuvaak orcs, who had been listening closely to the exchange between Ammes and Stormskull, and motioned for him to follow her. "General Teodor, Doge Lelian, please, can you accompany me?" Myrida pauses a moment, with one final sweeping glare at the Tzalteclan. "I believe you have a prisoner to release, Lord?"

SamBurke
2015-02-04, 11:12 AM
Kuku nods, pleased. "This is all of the nations, then. The Dawn Accord is complete." She reads it over, checking everything, every signature. They're all there.

Lelian sighs deeply, letting out all of the pent-up air. "Now, I believe that those of the Concordat ought step back from the space. You are become observers only, and must act becauseingly." She glares at Stormskull.

"Now, to speak with the great representatives of the Salterri Empire!"

She looks at all of the listed demands from the Salterri, as placed there by Aarne. "I could like clarity more on this final paragraph... What is it meaning, according to you?"

:
1. The Salterri Heartlands gains first rights to two trade posts in Grmanhil.

2. The Salterri Heartlands gains first rights to one trade post in Selyra.

3. The Guilderene Expanse shall gift grain to the Caercian Consortium. This shall remain in place for 25 years. At their behest, they may opt to turn it into a trade with the Guilderene Expanse after, or even prior to the end date.

4. The Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall never again blockade the trade business of the Salterri Imperium.

5. The Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall bestow on the Salterri Heartlands and the vassal states bound to it within the Salterri Imperium (to wit: the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea, the Caercian Consortium, the Kingdom of Mularuhm, the Kingdom of Celero, the Seaborne Confederation, the Kingdom of the Isles, the Coalition of the Abyssian Sea, the Niemida Prefecture and the Nanguang Prefecture) the technology of Physics and the technology of Abyssium.

6. Mutual non-aggression between the Salterri Imperium and the Empire of Dawn for 40 years.

7. If the Salterri Imperium is attacked by any of the nations that assisted the Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse or the Empire of Dawn during the period of 486-499 (to wit: the Kingdom of Ashenia, the Hurosha Empire, the Triumvirate or the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia) while this period of non-aggression lasts, the Kingdom of Serendel, the Guilderene Expanse and the Empire of Dawn shall assist in defense of any regions that come under attack.

TheWombatOfDoom
2015-02-04, 11:19 AM
Kuku nods, pleased. "This is all of the nations, then. The Dawn Accord is complete." She reads it over, checking everything, every signature. They're all there.

Lelian sighs deeply, letting out all of the pent-up air. "Now, I believe that those of the Concordat ought step back from the space. You are become observers only, and must act becauseingly." She glares at Stormskull.

"Now, to speak with the great representatives of the Salterri Empire!"

She looks at all of the listed demands from the Salterri, as placed there by Aarne. "I could like clarity more on this final paragraph... What is it meaning, according to you?"

"The Salterri will be meeting with us separately from the Concordat, Lelian. They are invited to join us in the established meeting room for such a thing, at the designated time."

SamBurke
2015-02-04, 11:20 AM
The Salterri will be meeting with us separately from the Concordat, Lelian. They are invited to join us in the established meeting room for such a thing, at the designated time.

OOC: So a new thread?

TheWombatOfDoom
2015-02-04, 12:34 PM
Indeed. Making it now.

SamBurke
2015-02-04, 02:21 PM

- Cession of the territory of Sahra'a to Glazfell
- Cession of the territory of Clanships to the Alliance of Lanteroc.
- Cession of the territory of Frontier to Tzalteclan

Signatures:
-Kuku Lelion, Acting Doge of the Guilderene Expanse
-Senruset, Teotklan of Tzalteclan
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081113141700/witcher/images/b/bc/Bloodstain.png
-Marvella, High Priestess of Yphine
-General Teodor Nisakovich of House Nisakovich, stated representative of Grand Prince Jehan de Sebastian of House Nisakovich, the reigning Sovereign of the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia
-Megadeth Khaboss Urdinak Stormskull
http://b.vimeocdn.com/ps/403/043/4030432_300.jpg
-Seneschal Rana Alexia-Pamari, on behalf of King Torre of Glazfell
-Seneschal Thrale Hoarclaw, on behalf of Duke Ironfang II of Sympolemou
-Arwynn Jarrow, Princess of Eyrecradia, Acting Ruler of the Faedas Freehold
-Myrida Serendel, Empress of the New Dawn

Lelion glanced over the revisions, carefully noting the strike-throughs and extra words added. "I, as acting Doge of the Guilderene Expanses, with all titles, rights, privileges, and responsibilities attached therein, do sign the treaty as follows."

Senusret pulled his obsidian knife from its secret sheet and slid it across his palm, allowing the blood to fall into a waiting bowl before dipping his seal and affixing it to the treaty. Then, clenching his hand as the scales of his palm knit back together, he turned to Marvella.

"High Priestess, would you care to sign?"

"Why do you ask a question to which you've already decided the answer?" Marvella asked as she signed the Dawn Accord. She stood and slid the accord into the center of the table. "Our cause today is honorable and will save many lives. But if that actually changes what you decided the moment you walked in, I will be genuinely surprised."

She deliberately avoided speaking to or looking at Senusret.

"Clearly honour means entirely different things to the both of us." Teodor slides the accord towards himself, producing a fountain pen as he does so.

"I, General Teodor Nisakovich of House Nisakovich, stated representative of Grand Prince Jehan de Sebastian of House Nisakovich, the reigning Sovereign of the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia, do hereby sign this document as having been witnessed by myself." He does so with a flourish. "I trust that that shall suffice?" he asks rhetorically.

Stepping forward from the far side of the room the massive Saroc strode the table, peering over the document he sneered, snatching a quill from the table and scrawling an illegible script across the bottom of the page.

"Your peace is signed, Clanships are METAL. Stormskull is done here." he said before returning to speak with Ahmes.

<"There, it is signed, might we be free of these insufferable presences now?">

Finally though, events came to a close without her direct involvement, and she nodded to the now-aged Thrale Hoarclaw and the Planin diplomat she had yet to meet properly (who didn't even see her, still glaring at the Komola across the room), signing the treaty officially.

Arwynn Jarrow & her husband Walei Vel'Xorrith had been quiet throughout the meeting now that the treaty was on the table the Eyrecradian Princess stepped forward and penned her name, with the authority of the Faedas Freehold upon the document.

"I will sign this treaty for the good of my nations, and for the benefit of suffering no more lives lost. But do not think that this means I will forget the actions of Tzalteclan on the former Doge Wesley, or the peace that was broken this day by one of its 'allies'."

Slowly, she stepped up to the Concordat document. She took to the quill in hand, dipped the pen, and signed.

"Myrida Serendel, Empress of the New Dawn"

She turned to her representative from the Tuvaak orcs, who had been listening closely to the exchange between Ammes and Stormskull, and motioned for him to follow her. "General Teodor, Doge Lelian, please, can you accompany me?" Myrida pauses a moment, with one final sweeping glare at the Tzalteclan. "I believe you have a prisoner to release, Lord?"

"Let there be peace in our time, though the hearts of man are as fickle. We hope for good, and good of all of those in treaty with us."

BladeofObliviom
2015-02-04, 02:53 PM
"Very well. Thank you for your cooperation, Empress.", Rana says as she bows in a manner appropriate to her station.

"I will make arrangements for General Ficcio of Guilder and all other prisoners held in Glazfell's lands to be released, as well as to remove all remaining soldiery in Rannara. To peace."

SamBurke
2015-02-04, 02:59 PM
"Very well. Thank you for your cooperation, Empress.", Rana says as she bows in a manner appropriate to her station.

"I will make arrangements for General Ficcio of Guilder and all other prisoners held in Glazfell's lands to be released, as well as to remove all remaining soldiery in Rannara. To peace."

She nods. "We will begin withdrawing immediately, of course."

TheDarkDM
2015-02-04, 10:37 PM
Ahmes clapped Stormskull on the shoulder as they made their way from the room.

<Indeed, Urindak. Let us see if we can find something to wash the taste of Guilderene lies from our throats.>

The two hulking warriors disappeared down the hall, and Senusret settled back into his chair and turned his eyes towards the acting Doge.

"Excellent. The Doge is already en route for his return to Maos, and I will send word for your soldiery to be escorted to the new border and released."

Senusret stood, and straightened his robe.

"To peace."

Then he was gone, followed by the silent shadow of Nezetkhamun.