PDA

View Full Version : Skya present: Mummy's Mask IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Skya
2015-01-26, 08:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/asgGkZT.png?1

The bustling desert city of Wati is near bursting with excitement. Adventurers from every corner of the Inner Sea region have assembled here beneath the hot Osirian sun to explore the tombs of the city's necropolis, waiting only to be assigned their first sites for exploration. Surrounding the participants, the public has gathered to observe the ceremony as well.

There is a festival-like quality in the air, and numerous street vendors are hawking goods and refreshments to participants and spectators alike. Some merchants have even brought what can only be considered adventuring gear to sell as last minute convenience items to explorers, while others advertise that they'll buy recovered treasures and antiquities from those who visit their establishments.

In front of the imposing edifice of the Grand Mausoleum, an immense awning has been erected between decorated pillars in the market to provide shade for the priests of Pharasma overseeing the lottery. Beneath the awning, two urns sit atop a table elevated a few feet above the ground on a wooden stage constructed for the event. The high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, sits behind the table, while two acolytes confer with her at either side. A few guards surround the stage.

Numerous adventuring groups stand in small clusters near the stage, made up of multiple nationalities and races. Most keep to themselves, but some teams engage in conversation with other teams, mostly speculating about what they'll likely face in the necropolis.

http://i.imgur.com/wBEgZzl.png?1
(You start in area 14)

Asp: This long, winding district of low buildings and twisting alleyways runs along Wati's southern edge. Asp was built without the planning or engineering insight of Wati's core, making navigation difficult for newcomers.

Bargetown: Wati's unwashed masses, heretics, and downon-their-luck foreigners gather in this semipermanent floating district literally built atop the River Sphinx. Lashed vessels replace buildings, and narrow planks and rope railings make up Bargetown's rickety streets. Each family maintains its own tiny barge or keelboat, and joins the community for years or for only a few days, meaning Bargetown's layout is constantly in flux.

Midwife: The district of Midwife is the heart of Wati, cradling most of the city's temples, markets, and professional artisans. Along with the necropolis, Midwife is the oldest of Wati's districts, with a history stretching back to the city's founding, and its residents take pride in maintaining their ancient community.

Morning Sun: The majority of Wati's noble estates sit on a small rise west of Midwife called Morning Sun, so named because the district enjoys the first touch of the sun's rays at dawn. Morning Sun is Wati's least populous district, containing a mere two dozen wealthy estates that consist of palatial homes, storage buildings, servants' quarters, orchards, vineyards, and a handful oflavish apartments-all of which are colorful, well maintained, and surrounded with lush gardens and statuary.

The Veins: Nestled between Midwife and Bargetown, Wati's harbor district stacks block upon block with woodcarvers, tar kilns, warehouses, and whatever shanties can be crammed between them. Its myriad shallow canals breed unabating clouds ofinsects, the bites of which spot the bodies of the locals, who stain their hands and cheeks with pitch to repel the pests.

Outer Farms: West ofWati, beyond the stable sandstone shelf on which the city rests, miles of silty, verdant farmland stretch along the banks of the Crook River. Barley, beans, cabbage, cucumbers, flax, garlic, melons, and millet fill Wati's fields, but onions reign supreme on nearly every farm.

Necropolis: The sturdy stone buildings of Wati's necropolis were once part of the living city, and even now could still be mistaken for apartments, estates, shops, or tenements if not for the faded paint and desert sand piling up in the streets. Separated from the rest of the city by high stone walls inscribed with prayers and blessings, the necropolis has an outward appearance of peace and repose.

Here, under the burning sun, in the middle of douzens of other adventurers groups, were standing a newly founded group consisting of 3 woman, a man, and a weird looking lizard.

(I'll wait until each of you have post a prsentation of their character to continu)

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-26, 08:50 PM
Zamirra Nazari (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1105778)

A sweaty palm brushes along the upper thigh of a dusty set of brown breeches before reaching to take a worn walking stick from its likewise sweaty counterpart who then proceeds to do the same upon the other thigh. It wasn't just the beating sun that had Zamirra's small hands perspiring though, the young human woman nearly shook with excitement as watches the hustle and bustle of the city around her small company of cohorts. The sheer number of similar groups that had gathered near alongside them was quite astonishing and she wondered how many of them were also driven by the thirst of knowledge rather than simple greed.

"Quite a bit more folks than I was expecting." she says aloud to the group as she reaches up and adjusts her wide-brimmed hat to better block the sun from her neck. "I wonder where we'll be assigned? If we're picked at all that is...

jamieth
2015-01-27, 01:07 AM
Naya (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1105880)

Next to Zamirra stands a young woman - almost a girl, looking barely out of her teens. Even among the diverse crowd gathered in the Sunburst Market, her appearance draws some attention. First, it's the outfit - rather move revealing than can be considered sensible for the climate. Naya, however, doesn't seem bothered by the heat - in fact, she doesn't even sweating, as if a nice cool breeze was flowing for her alone - and, judjing by the flowing of her long blonde hair, it probably is. Second, her skin, despite again the scorching sun and the amount of said skin revealed to said sun's rays, remains pale - almost with a blueish tint. And, finally, despite apparent youth, there's a hint of sadness in her eyes... though one she carefully hides.

One thing, however, unites Naya with the most of the crord as she clings, somewhat awkwardly, to the staff she holds with both hands - the mixed feeling of excitement and worry due to the sheer skope of the event.

"Oh, there's plenty enough tombs for everyone here in Wati", she says, trying to sound cheerful and confident.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-27, 01:46 AM

"I suppose that's true...even after all these years..." Zamirra says, looking off to the east towards the high walls of the Necropolis. "It truly does say something about the people of the city that they've come this far despite everything." Adjusting the weight of her pack on her back and sliding the shoulder straps an inch in either direction the women turns her attention back towards the stage and the buzz of activity. Her mind begins to wander as she ponders how they'd go about setting off to whichever site they'd be lucky enough to be assigned; 'Would it be best to set out immediately alongside the other groups? Or perhaps enjoy one final comfortable night's rest and set out in the morning before the heat of the day was bearing down on them? Hmmm' She glances up at the sun to gauge what time it might be.

"Anyone still need to grab any equipment? There's bound to be some competitive pricing at an event like this... assuming you haggle for it of course!"

DrK
2015-01-27, 01:49 AM
Al runs a hand through his long mane of dark hair, eyes scanning the crowd as he watched the other groups of adventurers. Standing up straight he cuts what he'd interpret as a heroic pose with hand resting on the hilt of his long curved sword and cloak swept clear of the hilt. The hint of a chain shirt is just visible under the loose desert robes. "I was one if the finest swordsman on the streets of So this, what could trouble me here? Anywhere we go we will be laden down with gold by the time Ra's light fades".

He grins at Naya, "Keep close to me, I'll keep you right."

jamieth
2015-01-27, 02:23 AM
"Well, there's one merchant down in Mender's row whose prices might even be called fair - though, wait, he's likely retired by now, not sure if his son keeps to the same standart.", Naya shrugs, "But I like to travel light - a bed to rest my feet, some bread and a flask of clean, cold water... any more, and the wind won't carry me", smiling, she raises the staff in front of her and, saying a magic word, removes her hand fron the shaft, Immediately, a tiny tornado forms around the piece of wood, keeping it in the air, "Like this."

I hope you won't mind fluffing Naya's Mage Hand like that?

Desril
2015-01-27, 07:28 AM
Kaylee

Another stands with the ensemble group, perhaps the most out of place of the lot. If it were not for the half-foot long antennae sprouting from just below her hairline, and the green hair, one might think she was simply a stunningly beautiful human woman who was wearing a functional, if far too revealing, skirt made of thick leather strands and matching ankle, thigh, wrist, and armbands. Despite her lack of decent covering, she doesn't seem phased by the intense heat of the sun in the slightest. Even more out of place than this seeming savage, however, is the strange reptile beside her, twitching its head this way and that at all the sights and sounds of the city. The size of a large dog, the young shota has a saurian head and large, powerful jaws filled with razor sharp teeth, two powerful forelimbs with dangerous, scything claws, and four sturdy legs with which to move. It almost looks like some terrible crossbreed between a basilisk and a raptor, and if the shiny gloss of its scales is any indication, it likely still has a long way to go until it hits maturity.

They are confident. Good, but too much is dangerous. I will have to keep an eye out to make sure nothing happens to them. Having remained relatively silent until now, Kaylee shakes her head at Zamirra's question. Though she had traveled with her Saelnis, her Sister, ever since her first ill-fated expedition on this planet, the lashunta woman had left all the haggling and shopping to the more familiar with the world explorer and hadn't actually obtained any of the coins that the Golarionites seemed to universally use as currency. "Fortunately, I have all that I need here," she says while gently scratching her reptillian companion's neck. "I have no currency that these stores would accept if what you tell me is accurate, and very little to trade with. If none of you have any supplies you need, I suggest we prepare ourselves mentally."

She probably cast Endure Elements on herself as soon as she woke up.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-27, 10:41 AM

"Well, there's one merchant down in Mender's row whose prices might even be called fair - though, wait, he's likely retired by now, not sure if his son keeps to the same standard.But I like to travel light - a bed to rest my feet, some bread and a flask of clean, cold water... any more, and the wind won't carry me"

"Aye, there was nothing particular that I needed per say... but these sorts of things always draw some interesting sorts of wares." Zamirra adds, glancing back up at the stage and the figures there. If nothing else a bit of browsing the shops would have kept her from figgeting with excitement while waiting for the announcemtets to be made. Adjusting the weight of her pack again she realizes that she probably shouldn't be packing on too much gear anyway, otherwise she was simply limiting the amount of artifacts and such she'd be able to haul back.

"If none of you have any supplies you need, I suggest we prepare ourselves mentally."

"How's that...?" she asks curiously, turning her attention to Kaylee.

Desril
2015-01-27, 10:51 AM
Kaylee

Looking to Zamirra, she answers using the common translation of a popular idiom. "I mean it will not do to go into a likely trapped tomb with your head already lost in thought."

jamieth
2015-01-27, 12:51 PM
Naya

"So... you're saying... not to think of anything? Sounds easy..." Naya asks, trying hard not to stare at the group's most exotic-looking member - and not really succeeding. Both Kaylee's stature and her outfit are just to notable to ignore. Naya herself liked feeling the wind against her skin, and only wore as much as common sense demanded - but 'common sense', apparently, didn't apply to Kaylee as she wore what, in Naya's mind, was only befitting some Mwangi savage with grace and confidence that wouldn't be out of place at Prince's court...
...the young sylph shakes her head. Right. NOT think of anything. she takes a deep breath... and gets taken aback by the sound of a wood hitting agains the ground. "OK, not that easy", Naya sighs, picking up her staff, "But, anyway, shouldn't we first find out where exactly are we going?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-27, 01:41 PM

Zamirra almost chuckles aloud at the sight of Naya as she attempts to think of absolutely nothing at all. Between the head shake and the deep inhale and exhale she was apparently actually trying to think of anything but after a few seconds is snapped back into the moment. The archeoligist gives a small smile as her companion sighs and retrieves her staff. "Harder than it sounds eh? Perhaps they'll make the announcments soon, before people get too restless with excitement." She glances at the people around her to note if any of the other adventuring companies were paying them any mind, especially considering the striking contrast of Kaylee compared to the rest of the rabble in the large courtyard.

(If Needed)

Perception : [roll0] Looking around at the other adventurers and such to see if I notice anything of merit.

DrK
2015-01-27, 02:06 PM
Al looks at the women grinnung widely. Surely he was blessed by the gods with such attractive companions. "We will get a good spot. The gods will bless us and make it so." He looks about, "Keep in eye on the others lest they play us false in the Necropolis."

Desril
2015-01-27, 02:23 PM
Kaylee

Ignoring the shameless grin of her group's leader by trusting in her companions' decision to elect Al to the position, Kaylee nods her head in agreement. "I concur, this sort of event can attract disreputable people. It would be wise to make sure we watch out for traps that come in the form of living people just as cautiously as any that might await us inside. But that doesn't mean we should let a potential alliance slip by us either. It is better to make friends than suspect everyone is an enemy."

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-27, 03:06 PM

"We will get a good spot. The gods will bless us and make it so."

"Awfully confinident of that are we? You're starting to sound a bit like a paladin..." Zamirra teases playfully.

Skya
2015-01-27, 05:25 PM
There is about 50 people around you that look like adventurers. There is a majority of what we can call the standart race, but there is a bunch of stranger beings. With a quick look, you see a man with onyx skin and wings darker than night, a woman with a fish tail instead of legs, and an ogre.

You have been standing there, waiting, for at least 10 minutes, when you heard every one around the plaza stopped talking. You look at the stage, and the high priestess is standing up, her hand open toward the sky.

The first thing you notice, is how young she look for some one who have achived the rank of High Priestess. She look like she's in her early twenty.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/42/5b/52/425b529083faccfcac558da8d53a9b33.jpg

" Welcome, every one, to our memorable city of Wati. As High Priestess of Phrasama I, Sebti the Crocodile, wish you good fortune and the best of success in this...recovery of the anciens artefact of the necropolis."

You notice that the High Priestess does not seem happy about what's going on here.

" As you can expect, there will be some rules you all will have to follow. Here they are:

Remember how this came to pass: The Plague of Madness was unleashed upon the city of Wati while religious authorities were engaged in infighting. This rule is a reminder that the necropolis remains a holy place, and those who engage in needless conflict and banditry are not only criminals, but accursed.

Every slave's hut is a memorial: Every structure within the necropolis is a testament to the people who lived and died in the city. Explorers must not desecrate or vandalize standing structures and tombs, but preserve them as the memorials they were intended to be. Some structures may be trapped or decrepit, but willful and unnecessary destruction will not be tolerated.

Honor the departed: The dead should be treated with dignity and respect. If the interred need to be disturbed to recover an antiquity or relic, they should be returned to their resting places carefully. It is understood that the ancient dead are often brittle, but there is no need for the contents of a sarcophagus to be summarily dumped on the ground. This rule does not apply to the undead or other abominations .

Failure to comply with these rules can result in, but is not limited to, expulsion from the necropolis , a ban on continued exploration, seizure of recovered valuables, and arrest and prosecution by local authorities.

With that clear of the table, let the lottery begin! Although many of you have requested specific sites to explore, we must leave these matters to fate. The Lady of Graves is a far better judge of destiny than we of this mortal sphere. The gates of the necropolis will open at sunrise tomorrow. Use this evening to prepare yourselves for the task ahead. We have divided all the...interresting monument in 3 pools: from the smallest and simplest of structures to the largest and potentially most complex. Each group will recive one building from each pool. You most come back after each one, to give us any interesting details you found, and then you will be given your next objective. When the name of your group is called, please send a representative to gather the information on the stage."

She go back to her chair, as the 2 other priest stand up. They each go to one of the big urns that are on the stage.

The priest on the left take token in the urn. You hear names like "the dog soldiers", "the ember scorpions", "the ring of daggers", "the cryptfinders", and much more. Each time, some one from the crowd walk to the stage. The second priest pick a token in the other urn, then give him some papers.

After a moment, the priest pick a token and yell: "The Sapphire Scarabs!"

Desril
2015-01-27, 07:01 PM
Kaylee

Making a note of every name that was called and each face that walked on stage, Kaylee waited patiently through them all, just waiting until...

Smiling at the calling of their team's name, though trying not to look too happy about it, she places a hand on Al's shoulder. "I think it is the leader's duty to go on the stage, is it not?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-27, 08:00 PM

"Aha!" Zamirra perks up as she hears the name of their company called out and a grin flashes across her freckled face. "Go on Al, here's to even more good fortune!" While he tromped off towards the stage the young woman replayed the warnings and rules the high priestess has set forth. Despite her excitement to begin, part of her was glad that the adventure wouldn't start until sunrise the next day. This would afford the group a full nights sleep and let them set out long before the midday temperatures had set in. She idly fidgeted with her walking stick and waited for Al to return.

DrK
2015-01-28, 01:41 AM
Al grins at the women before nodding and bounding upon the stage. "I am Al Aqtuada Bin'Al Hazim, we shall honoyrvthe dead and return in glory!" pumping his fists onto the air he tries to get a cheer from the crowd (or a pity cheer from his team.. )

[roll0]

Skya
2015-01-28, 07:51 AM
The priest look at Al with a frown face. There is no sound coming from the adventurers crowd ( except if other the other players cheer), but a small part of the civilian crown applaud.

After a few second of silence, the priest reach in a urn and come out with a token. He look at it, and give Ala map of the necropolis, with a marking to indicate the location they had been given.

http://i.imgur.com/NpAp4wU.png?1

"The western gate will open at sun rise. Be carefull in there, and best of luck to you and your group. May Pharasma watch over your soul."

(I'll assume Al goes back to the group, but if he want to say or do something while he is on the stage, no problem)

Al goes back to the rest of the Sapphire Scarabs and show them the map.

You do not know what is at this location.

jamieth
2015-01-28, 08:18 AM
"Oh..." Naya sighs, looking at the map, "Can't say I know much about this one... at all. And it's such a long way off the gates, too... but let's look at the bright side - since it's so far away, it's probably really ancient, right?" she immediately adds, "ones near the gates are likely robbed already, whatever the priests might say."

Desril
2015-01-28, 10:08 AM
Kaylee

Nodding in agreement with Naya, she examines the location they were given on the map. "This is a good thing. The further in we are from the entrance, the less likely it is that someone broke the taboo about entering this place. Since we are so far back, our area is likely undisturbed, but we will have to be careful when we leave."

"And since we cannot enter the tomb tonight, what should we do? Drink and be merry, for we may die tomorrow, or find out all that we can about this place that we are to go to?"

Party or Library? What's the call?

jamieth
2015-01-28, 12:32 PM
"The day's still young, the time to drink and be merry usually starts after sunset, when the heat eases down... so we could try to find out what we can for now, and in the evening, perhaps find someone knowledgeable, and... ask them nicely if they're willing to share a dring and a talk? If someone like you asks nicely, I'm sure no one would say no?" Naya looks over her companions... again stopping at Kaylee's chest for just a moment.
Gather Information is a thing, after all

DrK
2015-01-28, 01:55 PM
Al nods his thanks and joins the group happy to share the map. "There must be a wise woman or old man who know this place. Knowledge will be good. Does anyone have an idea of what creature may live the Necropolis. "

He looks at the other groups with suspicion, "When we are laden with riches its a long walk back to the gate. Does anyone have any sacks?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-28, 02:56 PM

"When we are laden with riches its a long walk back to the gate. Does anyone have any sacks?"

"I've got a couple... but could always get more." Zamirra chimes in as she pours over the map that her companion had stretched out before the group. Noting several large structures in the necropolis, primarily one or two near the site marked for their team, she checks to see if she knows anything about them or their site.

Checking to see if I know anything about our site, or any of the large structures near it in the Necropolis.
History [roll0]
Religion [roll1]
Local [roll2]

Skya
2015-01-28, 06:31 PM
History: You know that the large building south (and a bit west) of the location of your first site is a monument that was added after the plague of madness that killed nearly all the population of Wati over 2100 years ago.
Religion: They worshipped a god...probably.
Local: You know of a library in Wati, near the plaza where you are actualy, that could have some information on the necropolis. But you know that most of the history of the old Wati (before the plague of madness) was lost over the millenia, so you probably won't learn much.

Desril
2015-01-28, 07:09 PM
Kaylee

Completely oblivious to the fact that Naya was distracted by her immodest attire, Kaylee vigorously and affectionately scratches her shota's head, causing more than a little bit of movement in the region that caught the sylph's eye. It was unintentional, however, and she merely speaks up in response to the question of bags. "Tyra is no beast of burden, but she might be willing to help us if there is too much for us to carry. A cart may be more useful than sacks."

"But I agree with you," she says nodding her head to Naya, "We should ask around. There are many people around, someone may know something important and be willing to share for the asking."

Split up and search for clues? If so; Gather Information [roll0]. She won't go off until this is the decided course of action though, so this roll may be wasted

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-28, 11:54 PM

"I know a few of the buildings near our selected site...like this monument here..." Zamirra says, lifting one hand from her walking stick to point a finger at one of the larger shapes on the map near the glyph that marked their spot. She glances around at a few other the other shapes of the buildings that had been abandoned so long ago but nothing of any mention comes to mind. "There's a library not too far from here, but as some of you well know most anything of note from the period in question was wiped out during the plague....."

jamieth
2015-01-29, 12:18 AM
"A mule... a mule might be nice", Naya nods, "And a cart, of course - leave it to me then, I'm no good with sweet-talking strangers, but I knew some of the merchants since their were kids... maybe I could convince one of them to lend one to us.."
How much the mule is, 8 GP And cart is 15. Sure, I can afford one, and then I'm good to fast-forward to the morning. Crunch-wise, I'm buying them, of couirse, despite the "lending" talk.

Skya
2015-01-29, 08:39 AM
23 gold for the cart and the mule.

The group spend the night in the Tooth & Hookah, a popular inn. When you enter, you notice a few group adventurers that you saw at the plaza. They are all talking low, and when you walk past them they stop talking, so no one will hear what they are planning. When you ask for a large room for the 4 of you, the owner tell you that the first night is free for any group going in the necropolis with the blessing of the pharasma temple. Al show him the token with the name of the group he receive from the priest ( i didnt precise he gave it to you, but let's assume he as), and he is please to give you a key to a room and he wish you the best of luck for tomorrow.

The morning come quicker then you had wish. You are all stressed and anxious, so the was not as restfull as you had hope (no effect on gameplay, just fluff). You wake up before the sun, prepared yourself, and arrive at the necropolis gate before the opening. There is already a few group ready to enter.

As the sun rise, a group of priest arrive, escroted by armed soldier baring the mark of Pharasma.

" The time as come, people. Don't forget the rules. And may the the Lady of Graves protect your soul."

The soldier open the gate.

jamieth
2015-01-29, 10:35 AM
"Let's not waste any time", Naya exclaims, and, standing in the cart, pulls the reins. She has no experience as a driver, sure, but the mule isn't a fierce beast either; used to such work, it starts slowly trotting forward, at no faster than walking pace.
Let me check if I understand Handle Animal correctly; it is DC10 check that can be made untrained to make the animal do the trick it knows, right? So, assuming the mule is trained to pull the cart, which sims sensible, and we're not in combat now, I can do it by taking 10 on Charisma check?

Desril
2015-01-29, 10:56 AM
Kaylee

Nodding her head in agreement, Kaylee starts to move forward but pauses to watch how Naya handles the mule. Figuring that the beast is likely trained to respond to such a simple command that the sylph won't have a problem but at the same time seeing her clear uncertainty in controlling the creature, stops and turns back to help her. Not wanting to embarass her, however, she limits her help to telepathic guidance. "You need to be calm, but confident. Don't sound so uncertain, animals can sense it and do not respond well."

Aid Another HA [roll0]

Skya
2015-01-29, 11:38 AM
Naya, with the telepathic aid of Kaylee, direct the mule.

( are you going directly to the location marked on your map?)

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-29, 01:03 PM

"It looks like we have a few choices in which way to get there." Zamirra says as she looks over the map again from her selected seat in the back of the cart. She traces her finger along one route from the gate to their site and then along another and another. "I suppose the most direct route would be here. Hmmm. Though this one passes by several wells or fountains along the way." She scratches her chin and shoos some airborne insect that buzzes past. "This one might be a bit longer but we pass by the large struture near the site."

http://i.imgur.com/8zDJirU.png

"I suppose the most direct route would be here." = PURPLE

"Though this one passes wells along the way." = BLUE

"This one might be a bit longer but we pass by the large struture near the site."= GREEN

((Check them sick MS Paint Skillz))

DrK
2015-01-29, 02:14 PM
Al has a happy evening sharing the room with the women, trading a few a quiet jokes with the inn keeper before he goes to the room. In the morning he breakfasts well on the bread, dates and milk before the others arrive and they set off.

Nodding to the guards he looks at the map annotated by Zamirra. "Shall we take the Southern route (green)? It will be interesting to see what that structure is and we are going with full skins.". He then hangs his heavy pack upon the mule keeping only his weapons, armour and the waterskin hanging from his person.

Drawing his sword he eagerly leads the way into the Necropolis!

[roll0]

Desril
2015-01-29, 02:26 PM
Kaylee

Reluctantly nodding at Al for having come to the same conclusion that she did, "I agree. A few minutes will not make any difference once we are inside, and it is important to know what the area around us holds."

Going to swap out spells today since she knows she'll be spending the bulk of her time in a tomb and not out under the sun.

Swapping Endure Elements with Hydraulic Push

Perception [roll0]

jamieth
2015-01-29, 02:40 PM
"Very well", Naya nods, tugging the reins to direct the mule to the right and stands tall, looking around, covering her eyes from the rising sun with the palm of her free hand; the trouble is, she doesn't have that good of an idea regarding what exactly she should be looking for.
Perception [roll0]

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-29, 02:48 PM

"Well then, that settles it. We start out and head straight across the plaza... then after a large structure on our left the road will come to a junction and we'll turn on the left fork."

Perception : [roll0] - Looking around as we trudge along. Not keeping an eye out for anything in particular but not looking to be ambushed etc.

Skya
2015-01-30, 12:46 AM
As the door open, every adventurers enter the necropolis without knowing what to exept. The few group that were gathered at sun rise enter carefully. The few groups that were gathered for the opening at first light enter and high wall and go on their way.

As you advance in the dead city, everything is quiet. The building could still be mistaken for apartments, estates, shops, or tenements if not for the faded paint and desert sand piling up in the streets. The dusty streets are mostly empty of life, but you see from time to time some insects or an animal coming out of his lair and attend his usual business. There is a lot of ruins, only remain of the building they were over 2000 years ago. No building you pass by attract your attention. One of the last building you see before arriving at destination is a large, oval building. It obviously look loke it was build after the the rest of the building you saw traveling here.

As Osirion native, you recognize the desing and architecture as a monument dediated to honor the deads.

You arrive at your destination without problem.

A rectangular stone mausoleum sits alone in what appears to have once been an actual cemetery. The trunks of a few dead trees poke out of the sand around the tomb, and a hot breeze whistles through their desiccated branches. A set of massive stone double doors is affixed to the northern side of the structure, beneath a facade bearing the likeness of an Osirian man. Windblown sand is heaped around the crypt, partially burying the doors that lead within. Engraved upon the doors are word and a set of dates: Akhentepi, 2416 - 2488. (For any reference, the current date is 4715.) The doors are 10 feet tall and made of solid stone, with no visible handles.
or hinges.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-30, 02:02 AM

"Well she doesn't look like much but I'm always eager to be pleasantly surprised, here's wishing us luck!" Zamirra says as they pull up to their destination and she gives the plot of land a good once over. Windworn and half buried in sand but still the building held promise so she jumps down out of the cart and runs her eyes along the front of the structure. "Looks like someone's personal tomb perhaps? The markings above the door look like a name and dates from birth till death. Hmmmm....'Akhentepi'

Looking to see what I know about the 'name' on the building.

History : [roll0]
Religion : [roll1]
Local : [roll2]
Nobility : [roll3]

jamieth
2015-01-30, 02:30 AM
Naya
"Akhentepi...I might have heard the name; it was long ago, though... no, can't remember". Naya doesn't specify whether she means it was long ago that the entombed individual lived, or was it long ago since she heard about them. "A shame we can't get the cart inside, I suppose - I got used to not carrying my bag, but oh well..." the young sylph jumps down from the cart gracefully and picks up her gear.

Skya
2015-01-30, 07:51 AM
history: You recall having see that name in an Osirion's history book about great battles of the past. He was a sort of military leader of some sort.

And judging from the number here, his death would predate the plague of madness.

DrK
2015-01-30, 10:58 AM
Al strides confidently through the necropolis sword held loosely in hand. He shrugs in a disappointed way that the large building does not look special. Looking at thee actual tomb he does a quick circuit of the building in case there is a back door before walking up to the doors.

"Are we ready? I guess we just push them open..." he remarks laying a hand on the door and getting ready to push on the stony doors.

Skya
2015-01-30, 11:04 AM
Exept for the door, the rest of the tomb is featureless. The tomb is about 40 ft long and 25 ft large.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-30, 12:49 PM

"Oh, right! 'Akhentepi' was some sort of military leader or commander here ages and ages ago. In fact, if those numbers are in fact a mark of his lifespan, then he's been entombed here since before the time of the Plague of Madness. The young scholar says, glad that they had been assigned somewhere that she at least had some sort of relevant studies. Luck might be shining down on them after all, maybe Al was right about the gods favor. Speaking of Al, having gotten sidetracked with her small ramble of historical facts Zamirra failed to notice that her companion had walked straight up to the door and began pressing on it. "Whoah! Hang on!" She calls out, closing some of the distance between herself and the front doors. "You don't just go pushing on walls and doors in these sorts of places. Not without checking for any booby traps or wards first!" Though slightly raised, her voice shows more concern than anger.

Approaching the doors and looking for traps of any noticeable sorts. Barring that, I'm looking for how they might be opened.

Perception : [roll0]
Dungeonneering : [roll1]
Engineering : [roll2]

Skya
2015-01-30, 12:58 PM
You notice that the doors are on concealed hinges and swing outward. There are also telltale traces of mortar along the seams and jamb that has since crumbled or been chipped away, indicating that the doors were meant to be sealed permanently and not intended to be opened again.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-30, 03:25 PM

"Hrmm. You likely wouldn't have gotten far pushing it after all Al, look here..." Zamirra, pointing out spots along the edges of the doors on either side where the concealed hinges would allow the doors to pivot outwards towards them. "The doors rest on hidden hinges and are designed to swing outwards towards us." She also directions anyone listening to the cracked motar lining the jambs. "On top of that these doors have been sealed up with mortar. We might have to put a bit of effort into getting in there."

Do I get the feeling that we'd be able to chip away the mortar using crowbars and such? Or totally sealed and we need to readress our attack plan?

Skya
2015-01-30, 03:50 PM
The mortar is not much trouble. Most of it as crumble or as been chipped away. But before pulling the door you should probably clear the ground in front of it. There is quite a lot of sand that as heaped in front of it.

Desril
2015-01-30, 03:56 PM
Kaylee

Looking at the door, the lashunta momentarily regrets not meditating on a different spell this morning than the ones that she chose. No reason to dwell on it though.

"It might take a while to clear up enough of those to get the doors open. Does anyone have anything to clear away some of this built up sand on them so that we can get the door open once we break the seal?"

I seriously considered preparing Expeditious Excavation, but noooo, I went with Hydraulic Push. >.<

jamieth
2015-01-30, 04:26 PM
Without replying, Naya kneels besides the door and starts shoving the sand aside. It's hardly the work she enjoys, but the anticipation of enterain a place no one was in for over two thousand years would make her endure much worse.

Skya
2015-01-30, 05:22 PM
Naya start to shoving the sand away, but alone it will take a while...

DrK
2015-01-31, 01:29 AM
Al sheathes the sword and joins the others in scoopping and pushing the sand out if the way. Using rubble or a flat rock/tile as an impromptu shovel. "Glorious life of an adventurer eh?". A grumble as he sweats in the early morning rising heat.

Desril
2015-01-31, 01:32 AM
Kaylee

Not particularly happy about it, Kaylee can't just let her comrades clear away the sand buildup without helping, and so she gets down on her knees to assist with the shoveling of sand as the sun bears down on them.

Skya
2015-01-31, 10:39 AM
After an hour a sweaty labor, the sand is finaly clear.

The door stand in front of you. (Remember, you see no handle to help you pull the door)

jamieth
2015-01-31, 10:48 AM
"That's really strange..." Naya comments, finally straightening up and stretching, "I mean, it makes no sense, of course, but... it's almost like these doors were made to be opened from the inside? Maybe if we could somehow fix the rope to the door... with the glue, or something..."

DrK
2015-01-31, 11:36 AM
Al looks at the door. "Maybe once closed they were not meant to be open again? Does anyone have a crowbar? " if not he'll look about for a pointed bit of metal to chip the stone away to get enough space for a prybar or some sort of improvised device.

If we make a hole in a door we can push the grappling hook through and thren pull the door open.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-31, 11:53 AM

"They weren't meant to be reopened..." Zamirra says rather bluntly as she wipes sweat from her brow and takes several small sips of water from the waterskin she'd stored in the shade beneath the cart. "It's the final resting place for someone quite important. Those that buried him had no reason to return and sealing the doors would help deter anyone looking to disturb his eternal slumber; thrill seekers, grave robbers, and the like... The building is practically designed to keep people like use out of it." She reaches in her pack and retrieves the crowbar she'd brought and hands it to Al so he could begin to clear the mortar.

"Perhaps there's some sort of mechanism though...?

Detect Magic on the door.

Searching the doors, surrounding walls, and even the ground directly in front of them for any sort of switch, pressure plate, release mechanism, etc
Dungeoneering : [roll1]

Skya
2015-01-31, 12:20 PM
Nothing magic here.

And you found nothing new.

Desril
2015-01-31, 12:35 PM
Kaylee

Not used to working in such a low humidity region, the lashunta woman's skin glistens with sweat as she wipes her brow once the door is cleared. "If we have nothing to pry the doors apart with, I agree with trying to stick a rope to the door and merely pulling them open. Should that fail, we will simply have to smash them down. The dead have no use for doors in any event, and if there is no other way in, it is not 'unnecessary destruction'."

Wis check to see if any of us are missing something obvious! [roll0]

Skya
2015-01-31, 12:40 PM
Trying to open the door with a crowbar or something similar is probably your best bet.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-31, 12:58 PM

Zamirra retrieves a cooper piece from her pouch and begins to utter a few words under her breath until finally the small shim begins to glow with a light of its own, though barely noticeable in the glaring sun. Approaching the doors once more she slides the coin into the crack between the doors to gauge how thick they might be and what the best option with their crowbar might be. Retrieving her crowbar from Al once he's finished chipping away the remaining mortar she places the crowbar into the door and gives it a few test pries to make sure it holds. "Alright Al, ready to pry?" She then tries to pry the door open.

Casting light on a single copper and sliding it through the door crack.

Strength : [roll0] - Pry that door open.

DrK
2015-01-31, 01:03 PM
Al nods taking the crowbar and jamming it into the mortar between the doors. He jams it deep into the crevice before starting to haul in the bar, enlisting some rope and the mule if he needs some additional help.

Str check [roll0]
If I fail, I'll get the mule to help!

Skya
2015-01-31, 01:33 PM
Zamirra you push the coin in, the once he is completly in you can't push it anymore, and for what you can see with the help of the light, the door is really thick.

With Zamirra and Al combined effort, the door begin to open a bit. You can't see inside for now, but you realise the door is at least 10 inch thick.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-31, 01:55 PM

"Gods... they must have really gone the extra mile on this tomb."

Strength : [roll0] - More prying?

Desril
2015-01-31, 02:02 PM
Kaylee

"Let us help."

Aid another Str [roll0]

And if Tyra can add her weight to this too...[roll1]

jamieth
2015-01-31, 02:08 PM
Naya doesn't hold to illusions; physically, she's probably the weakest among the group, and she knows it. Still, in this endeavors, every little bit counts, just like in that old tale... She takes grip on the crowbar too - assuming there's enough space for that.

[roll0]

Skya
2015-01-31, 06:36 PM
The door open a little more. Not enough for some one to enter, but enough to see a dark room.

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-31, 07:30 PM

"No one else has a second pry bar or anything we could use for a second leverage point?"

Strength : [roll0] - Even more prying?

Skya
2015-01-31, 08:21 PM
With a final burst of strength, Zamirra finaly open the door wide enough for them to enter.

This rectangular room is empty save for some engravings and fixtures upon the walls and an immense stone wheel against the south wall. The air is stale, and a layer of dust and sand covers the floor, lying in a thicker layer to the south. All four walls bear sunk-relief engravings and hieroglyphs, while small stone faces are affixed to the walls at about shoulder height in each corner. The stone wheel to the south is engraved with a large spiral and is set in stone tracks in the floor and ceiling.

http://i.imgur.com/JL9oM5G.png?1

Bounty Hunter
2015-01-31, 08:43 PM

"Ah ha! Well then!" Zamirra exclaims as the doors finial give and begin to open and rush of stale air wafts past them. Once they're open wide enough she'll forego the pry bar and grab hold of the doors themselves and pull them all the way open. If she's confident that they'll not attempt to swing close again once they're at their apex, she'll retrieve her glowing coin and approach the threshold to have a better look around. Spotting the engravings and fixtures on the wall she tries to figure out what they might mean.

Afterwards, she'll do a quick check for any pressure plates or traps and then step slowly towards the center of the room for a better view, especially of the large stone wheel which would appear to be another doorway deeper into the tomb.

Perception : [roll1]
Engineering : [roll2]

Desril
2015-01-31, 08:46 PM
Kaylee

In spite of the seeming emptiness of the room, Kaylee and Tyra are on alert for anything that seems like it might be a trap as they look around and try to make sense of what the hieroglyphs might mean or how the wheel in the south might be moved aside to check behind it.

Kaylee's Perception (looking for traps) [roll0]
Tyra's Perception (looking/sniffing for traps or anything peculiar) [roll1]

K: History [roll2]

Skya
2015-01-31, 09:19 PM
You see no trap around.

Looking at the writting on the wall, you think they are written in ancien osiriani. Unfortunatly you don't understand them.

Desril
2015-01-31, 09:21 PM
Kaylee

Satisfied that they aren't all about to be poisoned or impaled, Kaylee looks around more thoroughly. "I don't see any traps around, but I don't suppose any of you see any mechanism to move this wheel out of the way, do you?"

DrK
2015-01-31, 11:07 PM
Al looks at the wall paintings in approval. "Nice murals, looks expensive. That bodes well. I'll Get the crowbar.
After the girls have assured him its safe and not trapped Al will jam the crowbar underneath the left hand side and start to lever the stone wheel to roll it open.

[roll0]

Skya
2015-01-31, 11:33 PM
The wheel do not move . It seem really heavy.

jamieth
2015-02-01, 02:50 AM
'I don't think it works like that..." Naya, with a wave of her hand, releases four glowing spheres of her own and directs them to two of the corners on the left side, "there should be a key, or something... Osirians love riddles..."

What are the specifics on these faces? Are they life-size? Larger? Smaller? Are there any holes, perhaps open mouths? maybe gems in place of eyes? Stuff like that.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-01, 03:30 AM

"Aye, brute force isn't always the answer even if it happened to be the first. It might be some sort of machine and likely is activated from somewhere... barring that we can all attempt push it along the track one direction or the other." Zamirra says, taking her crowbar back from Al and slipping it through one of the loops on her belt. Holding her glowing coin aloft she approaches the fixture to the left of the large stone wheel and gives it a good look over checking for any switches, releases, or various mechanical points of activation.

If unsuccessful in finding anything of note from the fixtures, she turns her attention to the large stone wheel and studies it for a moment to see if the spiral may hold some significance.

Barring any particular amazing insight, she'll then concede to simply pushing the wheel to the side with the help of the group.

History : [roll0] On the face fixtures
Religion : [roll1] On the face fixtures
Engineering : [roll2] On the face fixtures

History : [roll3] On the wheel's engraving
Religion : [roll4] On the wheel's engraving

Skya
2015-02-01, 09:23 AM
Face fixture: While examinating them, you recognize the 2 northern one to be shaped after the goddess Pharasma. The two southern one are shaped after Anubis, an old osirian god you know from your research. Examining them, you notice they are in fact torch holder.

The wheel: the spiral on the wheel is the symbol of Pharasma.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-01, 11:01 AM

"These torch holders made in the likeness of some of the Gods" Zamirra notes aloud as she looks them over. "These two closest to the entry are made to the likeness of Pharasma, while the two near the wheel are made to represent Anubis, one of the gods of the ancient osirian beliefs. Now I really wish we had someone among us that could read the scrip on the walls. Hrmmm. Turning her attention to the wheel the archaeologist notices that the spiral on the wheel was not just decoration, but it too represented Pharasma.

"I say we all get on one side and simply try to push the wheel out of the way. Here, all together now..." She gets as close to the wall as she can and braces herself to push.

There better be more than door pushing in this dungeon! :smallsigh:

Strength : [roll0]

jamieth
2015-02-01, 12:45 PM
"And I say, doesn't work that way", Naya shakes her head, "Look, you might have learned about these tombs, but I was wandering them since before you was born, and there's nothing random here. If you want a mask to honor the god of death, you don't put a hole in its mouth. If you want somewhere where to place a torch, you don't make it in the shape of a mask. There must be another meaning in these. Give me some torches... we do have some, right?"

Naya, of course, didn't bother bringing any, her eyes not really caring about day or night or underground tomb, not to mention the wisps dancing around her.

Desril
2015-02-01, 12:55 PM
Kaylee

Agreeing with Zamirra, Kaylee moves into position to help push the wheel.

Str [roll0] Edit; should be -2 for 11

Skya
2015-02-01, 12:56 PM
Alone you can't move it, but maybe if people would help you...

DrK
2015-02-01, 01:24 PM
Al nods lending a shoulder to try and roll the wheel out their way. "I hope the doors further in are lighter than this! "

Let's get a better effort than the previous one.
[roll0]

Skya
2015-02-01, 01:38 PM
Zamirra and Al effort on the door begin to work. The wheel seem to be willing to move. If only they had some one else helping them.

( No need to roll str check here, it's only a matter of : "how much weigh can you pull", and you need just a little more. )

jamieth
2015-02-01, 01:45 PM
"Really?" Naya looks in shock as the round door starts to bulge, "But I was so sure... maybe the mechanism's broken? It was two thouthand years, after all..." still, however hard it is to admit one's mistake, what must be dome must be done, and the sylph adds her own - rather meager, admittely, effort to the group... albeit still whispering, "It makes no sense to have torch holders in the corners in the first place..."
Well, with STR 8, my push/drag is 400 lbs.

Skya
2015-02-01, 01:57 PM
The group all get in position and begin pushing the wheel. After a not easy effort, the wheel finaly begin to roll and reach the wall, leaving a 5 feet wide entrance to the other room.

This square room i s starkly devoid o f any markings or adornment. In the center of the chamber's floor, a square shaft drops straight down into darkness. A faint musty odor rises from the pit. A single piton has been hammered into the stone floor by the northeast corner of the pit, and a dusty length of rope dangles from the piton into the darkness of the shaft.

http://i.imgur.com/FjiRIkP.png?1

Desril
2015-02-01, 01:59 PM
Kaylee

Glancing from the hole to her shota, she gives it a short command, "Smell anything dangerous down there?"

Tyra Perception looking for poisons etc [roll0]

Do I need to bother rolling Handle Animal for checks that I can't fail?

jamieth
2015-02-01, 02:05 PM
"Need some light?" Naya asks, stepping towards the shaft and looking down. "Let's see..."

Look down the shaft, 60 ft. Darkvision, Perception [roll0]; in case shaft goes deeper, or if anyone asks for light, send dancing lights down to the maximum death of 100 feet.

DrK
2015-02-01, 02:09 PM
Al looks around the square room then at the hole in the floor. Crawling on his stomach he reaches the edge and peers down, banging a sunrod on the rocks to ignite it he begins to haul in the rope pitoned to the shaft. "What do you reckon? Tie the sunrod on the end and then lower it down to have a look?

jamieth
2015-02-01, 02:13 PM
"Eh..." Naya frowns and directs one of the lights to float inches from Al's face, "Why so complicated?"

Desril
2015-02-01, 02:25 PM
Kaylee

Seeing Al crawling over to the hole, Kaylee resists the urge to scoff at him as she walks up to it to peer down herself. It will be difficult for Tyra to join us down there. There would be no easy way to carry her up...but she does weigh less than that stone. Perhaps with sufficient rope we could lower her and then pull her back up. It would take time, but be doable.

Nodding at Naya, she smiles as the sylph conjures the lights. "Yes, please light the way."

Skya
2015-02-01, 02:34 PM
Tyra smell no poison.

No need to roll for that when out of combat for trick Tyra knows. If she don't know the trick you have to roll a DC 25 handle animal.

tip: as soon as you can give Tyra a point in INT, at 3 int she will understand a language you choose and there will be no need for handel animal check ( exept in special circonstance).

First thing you notice is that the rope hanging from the piton is cut after 5 feet.

The shaft descend for 50 feet before joining another room. You don't see the floor with only your vision.

DrK
2015-02-01, 02:35 PM
Al looks at the floating lights and shrugs. "I don't do magic..." then ties the sun rod to his belt giving off a cheery glow. He waits, still lying flat and pulling the old rope up as the dancing lights float down.

Skya
2015-02-01, 02:56 PM
As soon as Al touch the rope it crumble, rotten away by the years.

If the dancing lights are send down: All of you can see the shaft going down for about 50 feet, then opening on a room. On the floor of the room, there is a body.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-01, 02:58 PM

"Before we go repelling down the shaft I think we might want to set up a bit of a base camp. We could bring the donkey and cart in from outside so he's not standing idly in the sun all day." Zamirra chimes in, looking down the hole and pondering the best way to go about things. She drops her copper piece still glowing with magic light into the room below to clearly mark the floor and then heads out to retrieve the cart and donkey.

DrK
2015-02-01, 03:02 PM
Al looks at the fragments of rope shaking his head sadly before returning to the cart to get his own rope and grappling hook. Digging in the grappling hook he also looped the rope around the piton. A muttered "Can't be too careful. So who wants to go down first?"

Desril
2015-02-01, 03:08 PM
Kaylee

At their leader's question of who will go down first, the lashunta volunteers. "If there is a trap or similar down there, I should be able to disarm it. It only makes sense that I go first. But I will have to return once I make sure there's no immediate threat. It could take all of us to lower Tyra down, and if we leave her alone with the mule, we may return to find that she got hungry."

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-01, 04:06 PM

"How much does she weigh?"

Desril
2015-02-02, 09:13 AM
Kaylee

Doing a quick conversion to Golarion units, Kaylee answers Zamirra, "About 150 pounds or so. The issue is with keeping her calm, on the trip."

Hrm, it might be better if we went down at the same time so she could focus on me.

Sorry I'm being a bit slow. Been sick since Friday and it's hard to concentrate or think in general...

jamieth
2015-02-02, 11:53 AM
"Well, we'll likely be able to lower you both, assuming the rope holds... if it doesn't, though - well, I'll be able to save one of you... but not both."

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-02, 01:49 PM

"Alright, well let's get to it then." Zamirra says helping hook up any of the ropes and such needed to try and lower the beast down the hole. If needed she has fifty feet of hempen rope hooked to the side of her own pack as well.

Alright lets dangle the lizard. If required I guess I can hammer in more pitons and use more rope and such ... I dunno. Its your lizard, you brought a harness right? :smallsigh:

DrK
2015-02-02, 02:19 PM
Al nods thanks to Zamira for her rope as the pair of ropes dangle down. He offers one to Kaylee and takes the other himself. "Us first then the lizard."

Before starting to slither down the rope.

Desril
2015-02-02, 02:32 PM
Kaylee

Nodding, she sends a telepathic, calming message to Tyra before making her way down with Al. "Everything will be fine, we'll lower you down soon, just wait a bit."

Skya
2015-02-02, 02:41 PM
The lizard look ok with the idea.

Skya
2015-02-02, 05:09 PM
Naya and Zamirra lower down Al first. Everything is going well.

He is followed by Kaylee, with no problem.

You arrived in a room the same size as the one on top. With the glowing flying light, you can see the room very well.

Mirrored images of a warrior in side profile, facing inward, are carved on an ornate pair of stone doors in the west wall of this square room. The figure is depicted wearing padded armor, with a scarab-shaped shield on the arm facing the viewer, and a raised khopesh held aloft in the other. A crumpled humanoid body lies directly in front of the doors. A hint of decay hangs in the air, and a dried stain mars the stone floor under the body.

The body is on the floor right in fron of the doors.
http://i.imgur.com/9Hy2BbX.png?1

( Zamirra and Naya, if you want to bring the cart and the mule insise, it's time before you go down)

Desril
2015-02-02, 05:16 PM
Kaylee

Looking around, Kaylee searches for any sign of a trap, particularly for what might have killed the man lying in front of the door. "This does not bode well."

Perception [roll0] looking for traps or what killed the guy.

Skya
2015-02-02, 05:25 PM
You see no trace of trap around.

You will have to examine the body closer to see how he died ( and make a heal check), but you don't see any apparent wound.

Desril
2015-02-02, 05:33 PM
Kaylee

"Strange...did he starve down here, perhaps?" Not spotting any more obvious danger, the lashunta carefully makes her way over to the corpse to see what she can glean from it.

Heal [roll0]

jamieth
2015-02-02, 05:44 PM
OK, it seems pretty safe down there... Naya decides. Stroking the donkey's ears, she says, "Coming down!", grabs the rope and slides down, taking only minimal effort to slow herself.
DC to climb a rope against a wall is 5, Accelerated Climd is +5 DC for a total of 10. Let's see... [roll0] but of course!

Such negligence costs her, as she loses her grip on the rope about halfway through and falls down to certain death... except a sudden gust of wind catches the young sylph and she softly and silently lands on her toes, her hands spread in the pose acrobats always assume after a successful trick.

Feather fall, obviously.

Skya
2015-02-02, 05:55 PM
Zamirra climb down, and take her time after seeing Naya fall. After all, she can't control the wind like the Sylph.

[roll0]

After a few unsuccesfull try, Zamirra climb down the rope. (See OOC)

Skya
2015-02-02, 06:37 PM
The body is mostly skeletal, with a thin layer of desiccated tissue. It is male half-elf. Both his legs are broken from a fall from great height.

Desril
2015-02-02, 06:45 PM
Kaylee

"Huh, I wonder? His legs are broken, probably from the fall. That rope that crumbled to dust must have been his, but...how was he sealed inside? We had to roll that wheel out of the way, and there's no way he could have locked himself down here with two broken legs..."

Contemplating, she wonders if he was left here to die by people who were supposed to be his allies, or if this tomb could reseal itself...

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-02, 10:48 PM

"Hmmmmm" The young human says as she surveys the scene of the apparently unfortunate tomb raider before turning her attention to the portraits on the wall. "So, it would seem to me he either died on the way in and his allies gave up and left him, sealing the tomb behind them... or more unfortunately for us, he died on their way out and he was left behind. I can't really see any other way for him to be in here or the the two doors upstairs to have sealed themselves. Even then, I'm not sure why they would have gone through the trouble to mortar the door... it doesn't makes sense."

Knowedlge checks on the portaits and such.

Religion : [roll1]

Skya
2015-02-02, 10:52 PM
In the same book you once read, you recall a similar drawing representing Akhentepi.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-02, 11:11 PM

"Well, we're on the right track, the images on the wall are Akhentepi himself."

Zamariia approaches the body in front of the door and looks both the man and the door over. Assuming she sees nothing of note she'll reach down and grab the man (preferably by some sort of clothing or something) and drag him from in front of the door so that they may continue through it.

Does the body even have enough clothing or anything to bother looking through for valuables?

Do the doors appears to be push or pull? Can I drag the body out of the way relatively easy?

DrK
2015-02-03, 02:18 AM
Examining the body Al listens to the explanation of how he died and gives his own rope a secure tug to make sure its okay. Watching the others he cries out as Naya falls then moves to catch her as she floats down. "If you could do that, any didn't you just jump?" he asks as he pops her on the sandy floor.

"Pharasmia take him eh? Al mutters before waiting for a nod from the women to search the corpse and drag it out the way of the doors. Looking at the doors - how heavy do they look?

jamieth
2015-02-03, 02:28 AM
"Not that easy", Naya shakes her head, "Strong winds like that take time to gather... it'll be a day at least before I could do that again."

Skya
2015-02-03, 07:53 AM
On the body you find:
3 metal piton
1 hammer
2 miraculously unbroken alchemist's fire.

He is easy enough to move out of the way.

The doors need to be push.

They seem heavy, made of solid rock.

No need to do any roll but you will have to be 2 to move each door (it's a double door)

Desril
2015-02-03, 10:38 AM
Kaylee

Letting the others search the body, Kaylee goes to examine the door, and if she finds nothing suspect about it, opens the left half of it.

Do I need to roll Perception [roll0] (and Tyra's +5) on everything, or can we just assume that I am, and if there's actually something to find you'll roll it for me? She's going to be actively looking for traps the entire time we're down here.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-03, 11:01 AM

"Here's to better luck going forward...hopefully no more dead adventurers."

Zamariia says, checking the door before pushing open the side opposite of Kaylee.

Trap Check

Perception - [roll]1d20+3[roll]

Skya
2015-02-03, 11:57 AM
you fond no trap on the door.

(I'll post when i'm back home for the next room)

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-03, 12:18 PM

Zamirra gathers up the hammer, extra pitons, and two vials of alchemist's fire and stows them. The hammer and pitons join her own, wrapped in a leather holder and tucked into one of the pouches on her adventuring backpack. The two vials however she wraps carefully in a bit of cloth before storing them in an empty leather pouch on her belt.

"Any volunteers to go first? Or do you want me to keep point to search for traps?"

DrK
2015-02-03, 03:31 PM
Al looks at the double doors, ""Maybe we had best check for traps." He looks up at the ceiling, "Where there is one pit there could easily be more." After that he sits back on his haunches looking around the walls until one of the woman lets him know he is needed to push yet another of the heavy stone doors.

Skya
2015-02-03, 04:53 PM
The group open the heavy double doors to reveal a hallway.

The walls of this ten-foot-wide corridor feature bas-relief carvings of great battles. Armies with spears and shields clash at the direction of generals, while other leaders direct troops from chariots that are ruthlessly overrunning their enemies. Engraved stone double doors stand at either end of the hallway.

The engravings on the insides of both sets of doors resemble those in the previous room , except that Akhentepi is depicted as an older man riding in a chariot. He carries the same scarab shield, but his other arm points at his own reflected depiction on the opposite door instead of raising a khopesh.

http://i.imgur.com/TidYUlM.png?1

Desril
2015-02-03, 05:04 PM
Kaylee

Amused at the scarab shield and their own team's name, Kaylee looks around for traps while pondering what the depiction on the doors could mean. Young and aggressive facing outward, older and more defensive inside. Maybe showing how he changed through life? But why the doors and not a mural on the walls or something? "Do you suppose this means anything," she asks, looking toward the image on the inside of the door.

K: History [roll0]

Skya
2015-02-03, 05:09 PM
you know osiruon's burial site often show their death as the progress through life. That is all.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-03, 05:09 PM

Zamirra frowns slightly and studies the wall of the new hallway. By this point, all doubt that this tomb belonged to Akhentepi had been removed, every room bore some sort of deed of his, spelling out his life's highlight in suprising detail. She woundered if with each mural he'd age until finally the reach his bural chamber, how big could this place be after all? "Well, looks pretty cut and dry, only one way to go from here, though I'd be on the look out for hidden passages or chambers in a place like this."

The young archeologist will lead the way into the long hallway, inching a few feet in and checking for any signs that might alude to booby traps. If she finds none she will inch foward again and repeat the check until she reaches the door at the far side. With her bow in one hand she will place her shoulder against the righthand door and push slowly.

Perception : [roll0] Looking for traps in the hall.
Perception : [roll1] Listening and checking the door prior to pushing it open.

Desril
2015-02-03, 10:03 PM
Kaylee

Keeping pace with Zamirra on her right, Kaylee scouts the hallway and moves to open the left door should she find nothing dangerous.

Skya
2015-02-03, 10:53 PM
As you advance in the room following the others, you notice something fishy. You see what seem like a pressure plate in front of the door. The others doesnt seem to have detect it and if they continu they will step on it.

DrK
2015-02-04, 01:21 AM
Al looks at the plate before shouting out a warning to the others. "Watch out there's a pressure plate on the floor." If they don't jump back he'll grab them to stop them. "Shall we trigger it to see what happens?" he offers, pointing at the dead body.

Desril
2015-02-04, 01:26 AM
Kaylee

Stopping at Al's warning, upset at herself for having missed it, she looks back at Al and the body. "It is risky. If the plate triggers a trap that seals us all in this room, it won't matter if we stepped on it or threw the body on it. It might be better to let me try and disable it altogether. But," she says with a hint of resignation in her voice, "as you are the leader of our band, it is your call."

How does one Disable Device a pressure plate anyway? I know, it's all abstracted, just...how?

Anyway, a +7 to Disable Device, your call if we try to disable it and risk failing or just try to set it off safely, DrK.

DrK
2015-02-04, 01:52 AM
Al looks at the young lady before nodding. "If you can disable please do. I have no skill with such devices, I am more like a camel in a glass shop."

Looking at the others he motions them to step back and give Kaylee some room.

Desril
2015-02-04, 02:00 AM
[roll0]

Bounty Hunter, think Zamirra can Aid Another?

jamieth
2015-02-04, 02:15 AM
Naya silently walks behind the rest of the group; underground tombs and dead bodies and pressure plates, it's all so... unusual and exciting; it's just that she feels like she doesn't really contribute... totally forgetting about her magic lighting the way to the group.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-04, 02:58 PM

Zamirra kneels down and tries to assist with the pressure plate so that it wont be an issue on the way out.

Disable Device (1d20+7)[22]

Skya
2015-02-04, 05:25 PM
With the help of Zamirra, Kaylee successfully disable the trap. Then, they open the door.

A faded tapestry hangs on a wooden frame on the western wall of this chamber. Faded and delicate, the tapestry depicts a middle-aged man, accompanied by a woman and two children, with a small estate in the background. To either side of the tapestry are two small pedestals, upon which sit two dead and preserved animals.

http://i.imgur.com/5za8sit.png?1

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-04, 05:31 PM

Zamirra enters the room caustiously with her bow once again drawn. She slowly walks about halfway into the room and tries to get a better look at the tapestry and the animals on the pedestals before studing the room around her.

Skya
2015-02-04, 05:53 PM
You notice several symbols and hieroglyphs on the tapestry. The dead animals are mummified cats.

Linguistics check for anyone trying to understand the symbols on the tapestry.
Knowledge local can help a bit too.

jamieth
2015-02-04, 11:03 PM
Naya tiptoes into the room after Zamirra, and starts looking around in curiosity. It appears the story of the tomb... owner's? life continues here, the specifics however...

KN: Local: [roll0]

...she can't make heads or tails of.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-04, 11:38 PM

Knowledge (Local) : [roll0]

Skya
2015-02-04, 11:44 PM
(I rolled your linguistic): The symbols suggest that Akhentepi's family befell some tragedy, possibly murder or sickness, and he was left widowed.

You can infer that the family is probably interred somewhere else and that this tomb was prepared much later, after Akhentepi's continued succe ssful military career.

The mummified cats are Akhentepi's former pets. They were killed and mummified so they could accompany their owner to his soul's final destination.

DrK
2015-02-05, 02:08 AM
Al looks at the cats, and shrugs. The ways of the rich and the nobles was beyond him sometimes. Seeing nothing of value he looks to the doors, "Does anyone have a preference? Right or left? Zamora would you mind looking for any nasty traps? "

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-05, 10:45 AM

"Zamirra" the archeologist corrects without even breaking her gaze away from the tapestry as she tries to study the symbols on it but makes no leeway. Giving up, she curiously inspects each of the dead warriors mummified pets for a moment, each a look back at two thousand years ago. Once she feels everything of note has been inspected in the room she will make her way to the northern door and attempt to open it. "I've always kept to the right until necessity dictated otherwise, makes it harder to end up lost in a cave or pit somewhere. If things get more complex deeper into the tomb I've got ways to mark our trail."

Desril
2015-02-05, 10:48 AM
Kaylee

Being more confused at this room than anything, uncertain why anyone would try to preserve bodies that they didn't intend to return to life or go to such elaborate rituals for the benefit of the dead, Kaylee remained mostly silent through this exchange, not speaking up until Zamirra mentions her method of staying to the right. "It is as reasonable a method as any, I agree with it." Saying that, she moves with the archeologist to help with the northern door.

jamieth
2015-02-05, 11:10 AM
Since, indeed, right was every bit as good as the opposite direction, Naya went to the door and... stopped her hand inches before touching it, instead looking questioningly at Zahirra and Kaylee. "Is it safe?"

Skya
2015-02-05, 12:36 PM
Kaylee and Zamirra push open the double door.

A brightly painted chariot sits in the center of this chamber. Beyond the chariot, a large canvas stretches between two stone columns. The skins of several animals-antelopes, great cats, and crocodiles-now faded and deteriorated with age, are tacked to this canvas. A wooden chest, lacquered white and trimmed with gold inlay, sits in the southeast corner. In each corner of the room a small stone shield is molded into the masonry at shoulder height. An open hallway leads to the east.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-05, 12:54 PM

"Oh my..." Zamirra says with her mouth agape at the sight of the brightly painted chariot still proudly on display. "Its a shame, but I doubt we'd be able to wrestle that thing out of here. I'd bet a museum or two would love to have it among their collections." From the doorway she takes in the rest of the room including the hunting trophies hung on display and the curious shields in the wall. She approaches the eastern corner carefully to get a better look at the shield mounted there.

jamieth
2015-02-05, 12:55 PM
"What have we here - a chest!" Naya exclaims, setting one of her wisps to float right next to it, "Hm, looks valuable - is it gold? If the chest itself is so expensive, then the things inside it..." she reaches and tries to open the lid, the promise of treasures taking over her common sense.

DrK
2015-02-05, 02:21 PM
Al looks at the walls, running a hand along the trophies on the wall. "A hunter and warrior. If he were not cursed with nobility he would have been truly a great man."

Looking at the chest he grins, excited by the prospect of a great chest full of gold!

Skya
2015-02-05, 04:27 PM
The shields are torch holders.

As Naya open the chest, a razor-sharp blade come out of the lid and go directly for her wrists.

trap vs Naya:
[roll0]
[roll1]
If hit, fortitude save: [roll2]
Edit: hit, fort save failed, normal damage +1 constitution damage.

http://i.imgur.com/iDFWLjr.png?1

( The next room are on the map as there is no door, only a corridor, so i'll post the description right now if someone want to go there)

A7:
Four funerary masks hang on one wall of this short hallway, staring down as if in judgment at anyone standing in the corridor.

A8:
A table displaying a three-dimensional diorama occupies much of the north side of this room. Three shields with different designs are displayed upon a rack against the east wall, while various weapons hang from another rack along the south wall. Arrayed around the room are five small chests and a clay urn.

jamieth
2015-02-05, 04:32 PM
Naya screams aloud as sharp pain flows through her wrists. "Oh! Why...why is it there?!"

Let's be honest, OOC, I never doubted about trap, but... it would be a lesson for young sylph :-)

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-05, 05:07 PM

Admiring the craftsmanship of the shield embeded on the wall the archeologist is diappointed to see that they appeared to simple be more decrative torch holders. She was hoping to find some real treaure at some point, perhaps arms or armor of the great warrior himself. Suddenly a noise and a cry of pain causes her to spin around on her heels just in time to catch Naya withdrawing her hands quickly from the chest on the floor. She takes a step back into the corner until she is sure the trap has ran its couse and no longer a threat. "Naya! Are you alright? How bad did it hurt you?" Worry begins to creep into her voice.

Desril
2015-02-05, 06:43 PM
Kaylee

Seeing the chest, the Lashunta makes her way up to examine it, but before she can Naya makes her move. "No, wait! Sto---" too late, the sylph finds herself on the receiving end of a rather nasty cut. Wincing, Kaylee makes her way to Naya to examine the wound, hoping that the trap wasn't poisoned and breathing out in relief when she finds that it doesn't seem to be. "Chests are the most likely things to be trapped, you have to be more careful. If the designers were more vindictive, you would be dead now."

Unable to do much to aid the sylph, however, she makes her way to examine the funery masks, wondering if there was a purpose to their setup, if maybe there was some hidden passage marked, perhaps, by where their gaze intersected.

Perception for me and Tyra [roll0] [roll1]

jamieth
2015-02-06, 12:25 AM
"I'm... fine", Naya whispers through clenched teeth, "Just... got surprised... and I even have the trick to save myself from it, just... forgot about it..." if the sylph did grew a bit pale from fear and blood loss, it isn't noticeable, with her already pale skin and the tomb's poor illumination. "More importantly... what's there? I need to know what I suffered for... and... of, there's so many more chests - you think they can be trapped too? If so, let me handle them... I won't make that mistake again., I promise!"

Skya
2015-02-06, 01:12 AM
While examining the wound, you notice it seem to be poisoned.
I suppose you tray to treat the poison: [roll0]. If succed, Naya got +4 on her saving throw. Not succed.

Fortitude save:[roll1]
Succes!

For a moment Naya condition seem to become worst, but she manage to shake it off. She quickly look a lot better ( You still have -1 con).

Inspecting the mask reveal nothing more, exept that they are gold-plated. You don't recognize what they represent.

DrK
2015-02-06, 06:39 AM
Al looks about surprised, shaking his head, Are you okay. These tombs are not the most welcomin..." is voice trails off as he sees the weapons and the gold plated masks and after making sure that she is indeed okay he moves down into the small room with the weapons and the small chests. After seeing what has happened Naya he eyes them weapons and the chests carefully before seeing how easy it will be to take the weapons off the wall.

Perception [roll0]

Skya
2015-02-06, 07:27 AM
In the chest, there is 2 unidentified potion. There is also 2 books with thin, gold-plated metal sheets for pages. (Each book weighs 25 pounds)

The weapons and shield looks quite easy to remove from the wall.

jamieth
2015-02-06, 07:43 AM
"At least it wasn't for nothing!" Naya's almost back to her usual lively self as she bends over the chest and lifts, with some effort, one of the books. "Oh, it's heavy... Let me look..."
Linguistics: [roll0] to read the book - both, in fact.

"But it's so heavy", she adds, "no way we could carry them with us... Oh, I'll go take them to that room with the rope - just don't open the rest without me, I want to see it! And if you're not sure there's no traps, leave them to me - I've a method for that!"

Skya
2015-02-06, 11:13 AM
You have no idea what in those book. They are written in ancien osiriani.

Naya go to the shaft room and let the book there. She then come back.

Weapon and shield on the walls:

Light wooden shield with a hieroglyph on it.

Light wooden shield who does not appear to be of Osirian origin ( knowledge geography to learn more).

Light steel shield shaped like a scarab.

Composite Shortbow.

Khopesh.

Spear.

jamieth
2015-02-06, 05:43 PM
"So... are any of the other chests trapped too?" Naya asks curiously, "They're further in, must be more valuable stuff inside!"

DrK
2015-02-06, 05:50 PM
Al looks at the weapons carefully, curious to see the level of manufacture they've been made to. Or any of the inlays or the like. "Why don't we move everything up to the top beside the mule. Then if we need to withdraw from some sort if trap or beast down here we'll at least have some treasures to return with?"

If the others agree he'll start carrying things back to the ropes and hauling the chests and masks and weapons up to the doorway.

Desril
2015-02-06, 08:01 PM
Kaylee

Contemplating their leader, Kaylee thinks, Well, he may content himself with allowing others to do much of the work, but his plans are sound at least.

Nodding in agreement, "That is a good idea. It would be annoying if we needed to leave here in a hurry and did not have time to take any of our findings. And time is no issue now, it is not as if we need the daylight to work down here."

Looking to the chests as she speaks, "You take care of the one already opened, I'll examine the others and make sure there are no...nasty surprises waiting for us."

Can I Take 20 on Perception to make sure the other chests aren't trapped? We've got the time, since I can probably clear a chest in the time it takes for Al to haul one up to the mule. If so, result is 23. If not, let me know and I'll roll or you can roll for me.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-06, 10:44 PM

"It does worry me though to have all the valuables up on the surface unattended while we romp around down here. Not that I don't trust the other groups of adventurers but... well, I don't trust the other groups of adventurers." Zamirra says, inspecting the weapons on the rack and taking a moment to study the single shield that seems out of place. Once she's finished she'll gather up several of the weapons and begin to carry them back to the room with the entrance shaft. Setting her own pack on the ground she then makes whatever trips it takes to get the remaining weaponry into the first room and readies herself to climb upwards. From her pack she retrieves the following : Her second coil of rope, her hammer, three pitons. Wrapping them up, she fastens them to her belt. "I'm heading up." She says as she grabs the rope and begins to shuffle up.

Climb : [roll0] - If needed (I'm prolly gonna fall)
Geography [roll1] - On the shield

Skya
2015-02-07, 08:32 AM
The Khopesh, the spear, and the scarab shaped shield seem to be of excellent craftmanship.

I don't see why not. But it will take time. Wait until i post again for you.

You have no idea where this shield could come from.

Al and Zamirra begin to move stuff to the shaft room while Kaylee inspect the five small chest. ( What's Naya doing?)

Then, Zamirra start climbing the rope. She manage to get to the top without incident.

First thing you see when you get up there: the donkey is laying on the ground, not moving.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-07, 10:06 AM

Perception [roll0]

Skya
2015-02-07, 10:16 AM
You see nothing unusual (exept the mule on the ground)

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-07, 11:10 AM

Zamirra places herself on the far side of the shaft, opposite from the door made of the stone wheel in its, and begins to unsling her bow. She reaches and draws an arrow from her quiver and nocks it into the bow slowly as she leans forward to look down the shaft to note if Al had began his ascent yet. Pulling the string back she prepares herself in case something dangerous was lurking in the other room.

I dont see or hear anything?

Is the outside door open?

Is the donkey obviously dead or just laying on the floor?

DrK
2015-02-07, 11:14 AM
Al climbs up to the top slowly and looks about at Zamora with a confused expression. "Is the mule having a sleep. I'll shout down to have Kaylee strap the chests on the rope and I'll pull them up?" lokimg down he can see all the weapons, the masks and all the chests waiting to be pulled up.

Skya
2015-02-07, 11:29 AM
Al get to the top without problem.

You both don't see and hear anything.

The 2 doors are still open.

You don't see any sign that the mule is dead ( no blood, no wound), but it's not moving. You'll have to go closer to know it's status.

Kaylee is still inspecting the 5 chest in room A8, she's not down the shaft.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-07, 01:46 PM

Zamirra lightly fires a single arrow onto the floor out in the main room with the donkey and quickly draws a second before nocking it into the bow. Quietly, she waits for any sort of reaction to the arrow skipping along the floor.

Skya
2015-02-07, 01:52 PM
The mule do not react.

DrK
2015-02-07, 02:27 PM
Drawing his sword Al approaches the mule. Crossly. "If this is another team toying with us then I hope jackals feast on their rotting bones. The mule was expensive. " He walks up to it, kicking it and looking for the signs if trauma or blood.

[roll0]

Skya
2015-02-07, 08:24 PM
As Al get close to the mule, a big scorpion come out of the corner of the room and attack him. But before he do, Zamirra shoot it. She was ready for anything.

Ranged attack: [roll0]
[roll1]
edit: miss.

Sting: [roll2], [roll3]
If the sting touch, fortitude save: [roll4]
edit: miss.

At roughtly the same time, in the treasure room below the ground, Kaylee hear someting while looking for traps on the chest. As she turn around, she see 2 small warrior dolls dropping from the table at the north wall and moving toward Naya and her.

( We are in the surprise round for now, Kaylee can act as she detected the ennemies. Kaylee can do 1 action ( move action or standard action) before the combat start. Please wait for Kaylee to act and for me to post after.)

http://i.imgur.com/fgyJcIY.png?1

This outsized scorpion has a translucent shell, allowing one to see through to the creature’s internal organs. (Small size)
http://i.imgur.com/57aUlmj.png?1

(small size)
http://i.imgur.com/UCxdNyK.png?1

Desril
2015-02-07, 08:47 PM
Kaylee
HP 8
AC 19 (Total Defense)

Tyra
HP 16
AC 17

Seeing the warrior dolls, Kaylee gets ready to defend herself while issuing orders to her beloved shota. "Tyra, rip them apart!"

Kaylee:
Free Action - Handle Animal to tell Tyra to Attack (DC 10, HA of 11, can't fail even on a 1)
Standard Action - Total Defense, +4 Dodge bonus to AC

Tyra:
I'm assuming I should roll and handle these? If not, please let me know and I'll leave it to you.
Charging (assuming within 30ft) Bite attack on nearest doll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Skya
2015-02-07, 09:56 PM
Tyra lunge at the wooden doll, but miss.

http://i.imgur.com/XNI0YBl.png?1

(Normal combat begin now. Al and Naya's turn.)
>Al
>Naya
-- Warrior doll
Kaylee
Zamirra
-- Scorpion

jamieth
2015-02-08, 03:26 AM
Naya's heart slips a beat. She wouldn't be afraid of something like these up on the streets, but here, in the underground tomb, blocked in the corner... She needed some free space, gods damn it! In a desperate attempt to clear some, she swung her stuff at the nearest doll...

Attack against Doll 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
In case of crit threat: [roll2]
And I screwed damage roll, not that it matters, since 11 doesn't hit anyway.

DrK
2015-02-08, 03:44 AM
Al looks at the scorpion as he darts backwards avoiding the heavy sting. Sword flickering and dancing as he seeks to pin it to the ground!

Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
+++ if 24 confirms then 11 damage

If it attacks me
- Parry and riposte Parry [roll2] damage [roll3]

HP's 11 / 11 AC 19 (T 14 FF 15) Saves +1/6/1
Panache 3/3. - 2 if parry is needed

Skya
2015-02-08, 04:09 AM
Al gracefully struck a vital point of the scorpion. He look badly wounded, but he's still standing.

Down in the tomb, the warrior dolls move to attack. Naya's blow attract the attention of her target, and he strike her. The other doll move to block the hallway and attack Tyra. Each one strike with their lance and shield, but it seem they are not really using them the way they should.

Doll 1 vs Naya:
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
edit: both miss.

Doll 2 vs Tyra:
[roll4], [roll5]
[roll6], [roll7]
edit: 1 hit, 3 damage.

Initiative:
Al
Naya
-- Warrior doll
>Kaylee
>Zamirra
-- Scorpion

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-08, 03:12 PM

"Giant scorpion!" Zamirra yells down the shaft, regardless if she can see the other two down below. Hopefully her voice would carry a ways down the tunnels... though it was not like they'd likely be able to climb the rope in time to assist. Drawing her bowstring back she moves to line up the shot and releases.

Attack [roll0] ((+4 Attack Bonus, -4 Firing Into Melee))
Damage [roll1]

Critical Confirm : [roll2]

Skya
2015-02-08, 05:45 PM
Zamirra's arrow hit the scorpion right on and he fall on the ground, not moving anymore.

Kaylee signal Tyra to continu the attack, while she begin to move in a more advantageous position. Then, she attack the doll while defending herself.

Kaylee, Fighting defensively (-4 to hit, +2 ac)
[roll0], [roll1]
Edit: Miss

Tyra, full attack
bite: [roll2], [roll3]
claw: [roll4], [roll5]
Claw: [roll6], [roll7]
Grab if the bite attack hit: [roll8]
Edit: all miss...wow.

http://i.imgur.com/IolRveH.png?1

Al, now that the scorpion is down and you have time to breath, you hear some sound coming from down the shaft. Too distant to identify.

Initiative:
> Al
> Naya
-- Warrior doll
Kaylee
Zamirra
-- Scorpion (dead)

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-08, 06:27 PM

"You alright?" Zamirra asks Al once it's apparent that the beast had been downed.

DrK
2015-02-08, 10:29 PM

"You alright?" Zamirra asks Al once it's apparent that the beast had been downed.

Al looks at the beast, stabbing it through the head again for good measure before he flips it over, crouching down beside it to have a good look. "Do you know what manner of beast this is?"

Desril
2015-02-08, 11:09 PM
Kaylee
HP 8
AC 17 (Fighting Defensively)

Tyra
HP 13/16
AC 17

"Tyra, get between them and flank!"

Free Action - Order Tyra to Flank. She's hurt, so it's DC 12, but since I have a +11, I make a 12 even on a natural 1.

5ft step to the left so I'm immediately below #2 rather than diagonal
Fighting Defensively [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Tyra
5ft step to between #1 and #2, full attack #2 while flanking

Bite [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Grab [roll4]

Claw [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Claw [roll7]
Damage [roll8]

jamieth
2015-02-09, 03:07 AM
Driven back by the spear, Naya stumbled even further into the corner. That seriously started to anger her... so far, the toyng sylph only used the power of wind. It was time for everyone to see she had another element at her command... Naya raiser her leg straight up, tiny lightnings dancing between the fingers of her bare foot, and brough it down with force shouting, "Get down!"

5-ft step to the right; no AoO. Thunderstomp: trip attempt against Doll 1 at [roll0] (no AoO per spell description). Seriously?

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-09, 11:08 AM

"I might. Here, let me get a closer look at it." The woman says in response to Al's question. She enters the room and slowly approaches the downed scorpion, shooting a quick glance at the mule where it lay, and begins to inspect their defeated foe.

Do I know what sort of scorpion it is? Or any useful knowledge about it?

Nature: (1d20+2)[18]

Skya
2015-02-09, 05:04 PM
The creature is a ghost scorpion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/vermin/scorpion/scorpion-ghost).

While examinating him, you hear some noise coming from below. Fighting? You are not sure.

Down in the tomb, the combat continue. Both Kaylee and Tyra miss their attack, and Naya's spell seem to had no effect.

The first doll turn around and attack Tyra. The second one target Kaylee.

Doll 1 vs Tyra:
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]

Doll 2 vs Kaylee:
[roll4], [roll5]
[roll6], [roll7]

http://i.imgur.com/wo4PXun.png?1

Initiative: ( I have rearranged it so it will be simplier.)
Kaylee
Zamirra
Al
Naya
-- Warrior doll

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-09, 07:55 PM

"Hrrrm. Looks like a Ghost Scorpion... see how its skin is clear enough you can see the organs? I fear our donkey may be down for the count..." Zamirra says, pointing out the key points of the scorpions anatomy. When sounds from the floor below echo up and reach her ears she perks up and the hairs on the back of her neck begin to rise. "Sounds like there might be some commotion below, we best hurry."

Action : Sling bow onto my back.
Move : Move back to the shaft and make ready to climb down on my next turn.

Desril
2015-02-10, 12:19 AM
Kaylee
HP 7/8

Tyra
HP 13/16
AC 17

Shrugging off a glancing blow as her first attack goes more than a little wide, Kaylee and Tyra keep up their attack, refusing to let themselves fall victim to the threat of mere dolls like these.

Kaylee Fighting Defensively (1d20-6)[13]
Damage (1d6-2)[4]

Tyra Tri-Attack Flanking
Bite (1d20+4)[16]
Grab (1d20+4)[15]
Damage (1d6+1)[7]

Claw (1d20+4)[6]
Damage (1d4+1)[4]
Claw (1d20+4)[13]
Damage (1d4+1)[2]

DrK
2015-02-10, 01:53 AM
Al looks at the creature before giving it a bit of a poke with his foot. Listening he sighs sadly, "What have those women unearthed!". Sheathing the sword he jogs back to the rope and prepares to climb down.

Shimmying down the rope is DC 10 right?

jamieth
2015-02-10, 02:57 AM
While Kaylee and Tyra surround one of the dolls, Naya tries to keep level with the other one, swinging her staff again, One on one, the doll'l likely be toast long time ago, but unleashing these powers would put Kaylee in danger...
Melee with +2 for Flanking: [roll0], Damage [roll1]

Skya
2015-02-10, 06:40 AM
Tyra grab the doll between her and Kaylee and crush it in his powerfull jaw. The other one continu to attack the lizard.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]

With a climb check DC 5 it will take you 2 turn to get down there.
With a climb check DC 10 you will be down there in 1 turn.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-10, 09:46 AM

Climb: [roll0] Trying for 10 I guess.

Desril
2015-02-10, 10:05 AM
Kaylee
HP 7/8

Tyra
HP 13/16
AC 17

As the relentless attacks of the fake soldiers continue, Kaylee begins to become agitated. I know that I am no fighter, but these accursed things shouldn't be able to withstand Tyra! Why is she holding back?

Realizing something, Kaylee reaches out telepathically to the shota and sends her a message to try and encourage her. "I know I told you not to break things, but this is different. These two are enemies. Crush them!"

Kaylee Fighting Defensively [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Tyra Tri-Attack Flanking
Bite [roll2]
Grab [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Claw [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Claw [roll7]
Damage [roll8]

Skya
2015-02-10, 10:16 AM
Tyra's powerfull claw hit the doll, and it fall on the ground in multiple pieces.

(Combat over!!)

DrK
2015-02-10, 11:52 AM
Al slides down the rope carefully, even with friends at risk a 50ft fall would prove painful and fatal! Reaching the bottom he sprints to where the woman and fearsome Shota were, "Are you okay? I heard screaming and shouting?"

If they are okay he'll mention the donkey, "Sorry to saybthr donkey is dead. Sone sort of nasty scorpion, must have been 8ft long when alive, deflated a bit now its dead but still a big one. Shall we get all these chests and masks and weapons up to entranceway?"

jamieth
2015-02-10, 12:25 PM
"Maybe open other chests first?" Naya suggests for the fourth time, "Kaylee, did you found any more traps before... these things... appeared?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-10, 12:35 PM

Glad to see that the fighting seems to have been resolved, Zamirra takes a moment to catch her breath from her hasty decent not to mention the fight with the scorpion above. Following up on Al's comment, she chimes in: "Aye, a ghost scorpion, seems to have gotten to the donkey while looking for a place to call home." She sighs. "What happened here?"

Skya
2015-02-10, 01:23 PM
You got interrupt during your "take a 20" for finding trap, but so far you found nothing.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-10, 02:39 PM

Any information to be gained on the dolls?

History or Religion: [roll1]
Arcana: [roll2]

Desril
2015-02-10, 02:41 PM
Kaylee

Answering their leader's question, Kaylee glances at the ruined dolls and to both her and Tyra's cuts, though even at just a glance she can tell they are superficial at best. "I was searching the chests here for traps when these...things...appeared behind us and attacked. They were not very strong, but they were quite agile. I haven't quite finished yet, but those," she points out the chests that she'd cleared before being interrupted, "are safe to take."

jamieth
2015-02-10, 02:49 PM
"OK, got it! In that case, let me..." not that Naya didn't trust Kaylee's skills, but better to be safe than sorry. With the magic dancing on the tips of her fingers, and in the top of her brain, she reached out to the indicated chests.

Opening the chests Kaylee inspected, ready to cast Windy Escape in case anything goes wrong.

Skya
2015-02-10, 05:48 PM
Kaylee finish examining all the chest and detect no trap at all. Examining the clay urn, you see it is sealed with wax.

Naya open all the chest one by one. Nothing bad happen.

100 gp
42 sp
4 scroll tubes

The dolls were animated objects, and probably had the order to defend the treasures in this room.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-10, 10:12 PM

"Quite a bit of coin already and only a few rooms in, maybe this will pay out more than I had originally anticipated...though of course I was hoping for more texts and artifacts. Zamirra mentions as she looks over the scarab shield and the composite shortbow. She places the shield straps on her arm and tests the weight of it making slow arcs through the air in some sort of mock combat. Setting that down she moves on to the composite bow and gives the string a slow pull backwards to see if it might be damaged or brittle from the passage of time. She checks over each to see if there were any noticeable markings that denoted them as having belonged to the tomb's owner. "I could put the pair of these too good use if that was okay with the group?"

Assuming neither of them are damaged I'd like to use the composite shortbow and the scarab shield. Any objections?

Skya
2015-02-10, 10:41 PM
Zamirra take the bow and and try to pull the string, but the string simply break, deteriorated by all the years.

Desril
2015-02-10, 11:00 PM
Kaylee

As Naya finds the scroll tubes, Kaylee speaks up. "Let me look at those before we open them. It would be a terrible waste to open them only to find that there was a vial of acid rigged to destroy the contents if they were opened the wrong way."

Assuming Naya hands over the scroll cases, Kaylee examines each in turn, and after deciding if they were safe to open or not, passes them off one by one. I want to know what's in them, but the others can read them while I make sure the next is safe to open.

I don't think I've ever Taken 20 this much before, but Kaylee is cautious, and we're not in a hurry.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-10, 11:24 PM

"Well damn..." Zamirra sighs, looking at the broken string of the shortbow and beginning to untie the two broken ends from the frame of the bow. "I suppose it could still be refit in town, I'll hang on to it anyway."

Skya
2015-02-10, 11:26 PM
After a total of 8 minutes ( 2 per scroll case), you can safely say that each scroll is not trapped.

As Kaylee finish with each scroll, she give it to another member of the group, opening the last one herself.

As each of you open the tubes, you find several sheet of papyrus. They are all covered in writting in ancien osiriani.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-10, 11:29 PM

"Suppose I really should work on studying the ancient text..." Zamirra grumbles to herself noting even more of the ancient writing that she couldn't read.

jamieth
2015-02-11, 11:17 AM
"It is a shame I never studied the old tongue properly", Naya nods, "I'll probably keep you a company in that... for now, though, can you say if these have any power inside them, or are they just simple writings?"

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-11, 11:36 AM

Detect magic as many times as needed on pretty much the whole room.

((I keep forgetting that I can do that, normally a martial class lol))

Skya
2015-02-11, 11:51 AM
nothing in the room is magic, exept the scarab-shaped shield!

Edit: and the potion you took from the chest in the previous room.

Desril
2015-02-11, 03:03 PM
Kaylee

Intrigued by the scrolls rather than disappointed, Kaylee makes a mental note to study them in detail later and try to pick up the language as the others talk of working together. That would probably be better. "I should do that as well. I have a knack for languages, we may all be able to help each other figure this out given a little time."

When Zamirra examines the shield, she ***** her head to the side in curiosity. "Is it enchanted? You've been studying it rather intently."

Had to edit the post because roosters and tilting one's head is something offensive to the Playground's censor.

DrK
2015-02-11, 03:33 PM
Smiling at the gold and the scrolls Al looks now the other way. "We have done well. Shall we explore the other doorway? If that leads to the main tomb we'll be eating saffron roasted swans for the next month!"

If there is no more loot Al leads the way back to the mural room with the unexplored doors.

(A5)

jamieth
2015-02-11, 03:47 PM
"Of course we have to", Naya nods, following the leader, "We haven't even see the Akhentepi's actual resting place!"

Skya
2015-02-11, 05:24 PM
The group head back to the first intersection. ( If you have anything to do before heading back there, just say it. I'm just trying to keep things moving)

You all arrive in front of the still closed double doors. None of you see any traps.

http://i.imgur.com/iDFWLjr.png?1

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-11, 10:47 PM

"Is it enchanted? You've been studying it rather intently."

"Actually it is..." Zamirra says, snapping back into reality from turning the shield over and over. She glances over at Kaylee and smirks slightly. "..as a matter of a fact it is. I'd read about 'scarab shields' before in old texts and I assumed assumed they were called such due to what they did, didn't think they'd actually be shaped like a scarab.." She holds the shield out in front of her on display so that the others can see. "Supposedly, explorers and archeologists carried them into tombs to help ward off the guardians fabled to be within. They were great at warding of swarms of scarab beetles that make their homes in these sort of places. She smiles from ear to ear and slings the shield over her back.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-11, 10:49 PM

Helping stow the last of the gear at the bottom of the shaft room, Zamirra retrieves her explorer's pack and places the hammer and pitons back into it. Sliding the heft pack onto her back she joins the others at the double doors and places her shoulder onto one and pushes it open.

Skya
2015-02-12, 07:06 AM
The Trapped chest with:
-2 potions (unidentified)
-2 books

-Light wooden shield x2
-Khopesh
-Spear

(exept if you want to divide it and carry it)
-100 gp
-42 sp
-4 scroll tubes.

Is there anything else?

Zamirra push the door open to reveal a small stair case leading down a few feet and another set of double doors 10 ft away. Detecting nothing out of the place, she push open the second set of doors.

A massive mirror stretches across the southern wall of this chamber, flanked by two statues. The statue to the east depicts a tall, gaunt woman in a flowing, hooded gown, holding an hourglass. The figure to the west is that of a jackal-headed man carrying a scepter or staff in his hand. Stone double doors, standing slightly ajar, lead to the east and west. Torch holders sculpted in the shape of bird skulls are built in each corner, and a thin layer of dust covers every surface.

http://i.imgur.com/7uAyuZr.png?1

DrK
2015-02-12, 02:06 PM
Al follows Zamirra in, approaching the mirror and striking a heroic pose to admire himself. Looking left and right he muses on the reasons for the hpurgalss woman or the servant of Anubis. Looking west he gestures, Shall we follow the jackal?

Desril
2015-02-12, 03:06 PM
Kaylee

Not entirely certain what the jackal-headed statue could represent, having little knowledge of ancient Osiriani religion, she looks toward the woman holding the hourglass. "I am not certain, but could that woman be depicting Pharasma? Perhaps that is where Akhentepi's burial chamber is? I do not know what could be in the other direction though, perhaps it's best we explore that way first," she says, after considering Al's suggestion.

jamieth
2015-02-12, 03:10 PM
"Pharasma... and Anubis", Naya says quietly, "they both govern over death... So we might go either way."

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-12, 04:02 PM

"Phrasma and Anubis indeed." The archeologist says, moving across the room to inspect the mirror closer and not yet worrying about which direction they should go. She studies the mirrior and the statues and if nothing of interest catches her attention she joins in the conversation with which way to go. "I'm not sure which would best signify which way to lead to the main chamber, but if I had my choice in which way to go I'd vote this way for now..." She signals towards the door to the east with Pharasma and shrugs. "...but that's just my going left now that we're heading down the left passage."

Dectect magic on the mirror and statues etc.

I'm assuming that the statues are Pharasma and Anubis, but I'll roll knowledge if they arent.

Skya
2015-02-12, 04:43 PM
As you look in the mirror, a surprise wait for you. Where your reflection should be, you see another man. As you look closer, you recognize Akhentepi from the image you saw earlier ( the tapestry and the 2 door painting). But now he look real.

As you move, he do the exact same movement you do, as your reflection would normaly do.

But what thing is different. He look at you with a stern and disapproving face.

First round: There is magic.

(I'll let the group act between the round you have to concentrate.)

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-12, 05:59 PM

"Woah!" The archeologist exlaims in a jolt of suprise. "L- Look in the mirror!"

Desril
2015-02-12, 06:46 PM
Kaylee

Seeing the mirror and reflection Zamirra is talking about, Kaylee has a different reaction. "No! Don't look into the mirror! There are plenty of magic mirrors that can trap you inside or do all sorts of strange things, don't look at it until we figure out if it's safe or not! I can't really figure out magical things though, Naya, can you examine it?"

In case it's relevant, Kaylee keeps her eyes averted from the mirror at all times until Naya figures out what it does.

jamieth
2015-02-13, 12:33 AM
"I'm... not really sure how I could examine the mirror without looking at it", Naya shakes her head as she takes care to nly look at the lashunta woman, and certainly not her reflection, "But I suppose what we can do is turn off the light? That way, you wan't see the reflection by accident, and I could still lead you around... might miss a trap or anything, though."

jamieth
2015-02-13, 03:44 PM
"Wait", Naya added after short pause, "Right, that should work!" With a click of her fingers she dismissed the glowing balls, leaving the room completely dark. "Now, miss Zamirra, if I know firth thing about magic, you still should be able to see the... aura, or whatsitscalled, but we won't see the reflections!"

Except Naya, of course, but she just continued looking at Kaylee anyway.

DrK
2015-02-13, 04:22 PM
Al jumped and stepped back, sword whipping up in a defensive pose. When the glowering noble does nothing and there are no spikes, pits or monsters he relaxes grinning at the others. "that's a nice mirror. Can we remove it from the wall?"

Skya
2015-02-14, 08:18 AM
( so i suppose Zamirra is still detecting magic in the dark?)

Round 2: there is one aura. Power of the most powerfull aura: faint.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-14, 11:37 AM

Still new to Spellcraft and it's uses, but I'll roll one just in case.

Spellcraft : [roll0] - To identify or learn about the aura.

Skya
2015-02-14, 05:15 PM
Third round: The mirror is magic (surprise!). The aura power is faint.
Identifying the aura: Knowledge arcana [roll0] edit: Not high enough to identify the type of magic.
Spellcraft: You identify the mirror. If a creature looks at its reflection for more than 3 rounds or touches the mirror, it must succeed at a DC 10 Fortitude save or take 1 point of damage as Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs spelling the word "thief" are etched into the creature's forehead.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-15, 10:51 AM

"We were right not to look into the mirror for two long..." Zamirra whispers in the darkness to her companions and then finds herself wondering why she had whispered...as if the man in the mirror would have heard them or something. "There's an enchantment on it that appears to be designed to punish tomb robbers, thieves, and well... people like us. Gaze too long into the mirror and it will brand you with marks denoting you as "Theif". I dont like it, I think we should move on."

DrK
2015-02-15, 12:23 PM
Al listens and rapidly averts his eyes. A muttered curse under his breath about the twisted nature of such a trap. "Shall we break it? Or do you think it would come off the wall?".

Glancing at the others he nods at Zamirra, "The lady's choice, let's see what Pharasmia holds..."

jamieth
2015-02-15, 12:33 PM
"OK then", Naya nods, lighting her wisps again and pushing the Pharasma door, apparently unable to remember the idea of "not touching anything in the dungeon until checked by trap expert", "I surely woudn't want any brands... that'll force me to cover even more skin from the wind..."

Skya
2015-02-15, 12:46 PM
Naya open the already slightly ajar east door.

Pillars line the walls of this rectangular chamber, interspersed with stone jackal heads extending from the walls. A stone altar, covered in a layer of dust, sits at the eastern end of the room.

Desril
2015-02-15, 01:05 PM
Kaylee

Not trusting the dust covered alter in the slightest, especially after the magic mirror, Kaylee sweeps her eyes through the whole room looking for signs of traps but keeps them particularly peeled as she scans the alter once they approach it.

Perception on the room in general [roll0]

On the alter in specific if I don't spot anything about it from the overall search [roll1]

Skya
2015-02-15, 01:10 PM
The altar is dedicated to Anubis.

You notice something moving behind the altar. You are not sure what it is.

Desril
2015-02-15, 01:13 PM
Kaylee

Not wanting to make excess noise, she sends a telepathic message to the entire party. "Wait! Nobody move. There's something behind the alter, but...I can't tell what. It is likely dangerous." Turning to their leader, the lashunta tilts her head, her antennae twitching sporadically as she does, "What should we do about it?"

Skya
2015-02-15, 01:39 PM
(Forgot to post the map!)

http://i.imgur.com/Mmyi1Xv.png?1

DrK
2015-02-15, 02:27 PM
Al smiles and flexes the scimitar, "Traditionally we kill the monster now. Step back, the lizard and I should be first in!" heading in he flanks left trying to see what it is, ready to stab anything that jumps out.

Perception [roll0]
Init [roll1]

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-15, 03:04 PM

Zamirra lingers near the door of the room, almost letting her bow and arrow go loose when there appeared to be nothing of note in the room but drawing it tight again as the warning echoes through her mind from Kaylee. She scans the room for any other signs of danger and keeps herself ready for any surprises. "I'm ready..." she whispers to the group.

jamieth
2015-02-15, 03:43 PM
Naya steps aside, letting Al take her place next to the door; clinching the staff tighter, she sends the lights inside towards the altar and takes a deep breath. "Don't rush inside", she whispers, "I don't want to hurt you by accident..."

Skya
2015-02-16, 07:29 AM
Al walk slowly toward the altar. At the same time, Naya send her dancing lights scout the altar.

As the dancing light pass above the altar, the group hear some sound and see 2 spider-like creature jump on the altar. As soon as they see people in the room, they ignore the light and focus their attention on the adventurers.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/214/f/5/pzo1012giantsolifugid_by_critical_dean-d7tdavy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JpPicWR.png?1

Initiative:

Zamirra
Al
Naya
---Spiders
Kaylee

jamieth
2015-02-16, 07:46 AM
As soon as the target appears, Naya doesn't waste any time, eager to prove that she can pull her own weight in a fight after all. As she thrusts her arm forward, an arc of lighting jumps from her fingers towards one of the spiders...
Ranged Touch attack vs. Spider 1 at [roll0], damage [roll1] electricity

Skya
2015-02-16, 09:31 AM
The jolt of lightning hit the creature, but it is still alive.

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-16, 03:02 PM

"Duck!" Zamirra yells from the back as she looses and arrow aimed between her adventuring partners and towards the large creature on the northern side of the room.

Attacking the one up top:

Attack : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]

Attack : [roll2]
Damage : [roll3]

DrK
2015-02-16, 04:47 PM
Al steps forward blade whizzing through the air as he slashes the nearest one, shivering at their disgusting chitinous forms

Chop [roll0] Dam [roll1]

Parry [roll2]
-- Riposte [roll3] Dam [roll4]

Skya
2015-02-16, 05:10 PM
Naya and Al each wound one of the vermin, but Zamirra miss her shot.

Both creature then attack Al.

spider 1
Bite: [roll0], [roll1] parried
Claw 1:[roll2], [roll3] miss
Claw 2: [roll4], [roll5] miss
If both claw hit, rend: [roll6]

Spider 2
Bite: [roll7], [roll8] miss
Claw 1:[roll9], [roll10] miss
Claw 2: [roll11], [roll12]
If both claw hit, rend: [roll13]

total: 2 dmg!

Al parry the first bite and try to riposte, but miss.

http://i.imgur.com/jBkU0YI.png?1

Initiative: ( Let Kaylee act first then you can all do your turn)

Zamirra
Al
Naya
---Spiders
> Kaylee

Desril
2015-02-16, 05:19 PM
Kaylee
HP 7/8
AC 15

Tyra
HP 13/16
AC 17

Calling out in her native tongue, Kaylee issues a command to Tyra before continuing on Common, "Al, I'll help you!"

"Tyra, attack the one on the left!"

The shota, taking the command to heart, charges at the one spider while Kaylee moves to Al's side with her staff at the ready to help create an opening for him to more easily.

Tyra Charge at 1 [roll0]
Bite Damage [roll1]
Grab [roll2]

Kaylee Aids Another on Al's next attack [roll3]

Skya
2015-02-16, 05:54 PM
Tyra charge the spider and bite it. Then, she close her powerfull jaw on it and hold it in her mouth.

Spider 1 is now grappled by Tyra.

Initiative:

> Zamirra
> Al
> Naya
---Spiders
Kaylee

Bounty Hunter
2015-02-16, 09:08 PM

"Firing again!" Zamirra calls out her shot before loosing it at the same creature.

Attacking the one up top:

Attack : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage : [roll3]

Attack : [roll]1d20+4[/roll
Damage : [roll]1d6[/roll