PDA

View Full Version : Sand Shaper adapted for the Frozen North

Blackhawk748
2015-01-26, 08:51 PM
Im calling the Adaptation the Snow Shaper and the class features will simply be renamed. My main problem is the spells that the class grants. Most of the 1st and 2nd level spells are ok, except the obviously desert themed ones, but once i get higher i need to swap most if not all of a specific spell level's spells out. And i have no clue what should be put in its place. So i come to the playground to give me a hand. The spells should probably be ice themed though im not sure which ones to use. So any and all help is appreciated.

Edit: Am currently paging through Frostburn seeing what i can loot, but theres so many options!

Bad Wolf
2015-01-26, 08:55 PM
Have you tried looking Frostburn? You could find some stuff there. If not, watch Frozen.

Blackhawk748
2015-01-26, 09:00 PM
Have you tried looking Frostburn? You could find some stuff there. If not, watch Frozen.

Frozen is actually where i got the basic idea from lol and i am currently going through Frostburn but theres too many spells that may fit that my brain is seizing up.

malonkey1
2015-01-26, 09:50 PM
Frozen is actually where i got the basic idea from lol and i am currently going through Frostburn but theres too many spells that may fit that my brain is seizing up.

Alright, look at the spells base Sand Shaper, then look at spells of a similar level from Frostburn each, and choose spells that perform similar functions.

XionUnborn01
2015-01-26, 10:14 PM
I'd just go through and switch spell for spell which is most similar, or modify a spell if possible.

Summon Desert Ally can be switched for Conjure Ice Beast

Parching touch is similar to Chill touch

Heat Metal becomes Chill Metal

Dessicate can become Winter's Embrace maybe?

Haboob could become Boreal Wind or Ice Storm.

Just go through and You'll be able to figure it out. Just grab It's Cold Outside and It's Hot Outside and go through them together.

atemu1234
2015-01-27, 10:08 AM
I'd just go through and switch spell for spell which is most similar, or modify a spell if possible.

Summon Desert Ally can be switched for Conjure Ice Beast

Parching touch is similar to Chill touch

Heat Metal becomes Chill Metal

Dessicate can become Winter's Embrace maybe?

Haboob could become Boreal Wind or Ice Storm.

Just go through and You'll be able to figure it out. Just grab It's Cold Outside and It's Hot Outside and go through them together.

Basically this. I think Dessicate can just be refluffed to cold damage that doesn't affect water elementals and doubles against fire creatures. Call it Biting Cold.

Blackhawk748
2015-01-29, 06:32 PM
Ok, heres what i got.

1st—bear’s endurance, bull’s strength, cat’s grace, endure
elements, chill touch, speak with animals, conjure ice beast 1

2nd—eagle’s splendor, fox’s cunning, chill metal, owl’s wisdom,
resist energy, conjure ice beast II, icicle.

3rd—control temperature, shivering touch, dispel magic, dominate animal,
arctic haze, snowwalk, conjure ice beast III, blood snow, thin air, wind wall.

4th—ice storm, conjure ice beast IV, wall of coldfire,
column of ice.

5th—gelid blood, boreal wind, flesh to ice, conjure
ice beast V, ice to flesh, ice shape.

6th— heartfreeze, entomb, death hail, conjure ice beast VI

7th—call avalanche, conjure ice beastVII.

8th—conjure ice beast VIII, fimbulwinter.

9th—conjure ice beast IX.

Obviously conjure ice beast replaces desert ally and i had to loot a few spells from the druid list, not to many thankfully. Now having finished that i have realized that i have another problem, Dust Magic. Now it would seem real easy to just swap out waste environment for frostfell (which is what i was doing) but then it said that you can still get the bonus if you just carry some sand (15lbs worth) just make that snow or ice? Also should tundra give the bonus even if its summer and theres no snow?

Also what should i change the Touchstone feat to?

XionUnborn01
2015-01-31, 01:50 AM
You could always just create your own touchstone site? Or maybe Snowcasting or Frozen Magic? I'm not sure for that one.

Is there a cold related planar touchstone? Maybe throw that in if it makes sense.