PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A We are all wondering this... maybe

Tarrab
2015-01-27, 09:46 AM
But really people, is there an Errata on the way? An official errata that covers the first three major rules books? I mean, after all the input i´ve seen here and in WotC I think it is time to put out one!

Ziegander
2015-01-27, 11:58 AM
Pfft. Mearls has called this a "living edition," and as such I imagine it will get a constant stream of online updating and errata-ing, and streamlining, etc, but it's not like their going to issue any errata (hardcover, 5.5e, or otherwise) on a game that's been out for less than half a year (and less than two months in it's complete form).

pibby
2015-01-27, 12:03 PM
I thought Sage Advice was their form of errata for this edition :smalltongue:

Wrenn
2015-01-27, 12:41 PM
Looks like their first survey is out.

http://sgiz.mobi/s3/D-D-5e-Elements-Survey-1

7heprofessor
2015-01-27, 12:51 PM

Hmm, there doesn't appear to be anything official about this Survey, but I took it anyway!

Kurald Galain
2015-01-27, 12:59 PM
Pfft. Mearls has called this a "living edition," and as such I imagine it will get a constant stream of online updating and errata-ing, and streamlining

You mean, just like 3E and 4E? :smalltongue: Both of those have accumulated enough errata to fill an entire splatbook.

Well, as long as they do it in an updateable PDF it's ok with me.

CrusaderJoe
2015-01-27, 01:05 PM

Looks like the same crap they threw out before. Their data won't really tell them issues or fixes based on the players... It just gives them information and has the analyst try to make up a reason for the data to exist...

Kurald Galain
2015-01-27, 01:35 PM
Looks like the same crap they threw out before. Their data won't really tell them issues or fixes based on the players...

I think it's not that bad, really. For example, with questions like "which class is stronger", you'd expect line noise to cancel out any meaningful data... but if suddenly 60%-70% of players feel a certain class is stronger, it'll stand out and they can fix it.

Of course, this is based on popular opinion rather than (say) DPR calculations, but then games are sold based on popular opinion rather than DPR calc, too :smallamused:

CrusaderJoe
2015-01-27, 01:40 PM
I think it's not that bad, really. For example, with questions like "which class is stronger", you'd expect line noise to cancel out any meaningful data... but if suddenly 60%-70% of players feel a certain class is stronger, it'll stand out and they can fix it.

Of course, this is based on popular opinion rather than (say) DPR calculations, but then games are sold based on popular opinion rather than DPR calc, too :smallamused:

There is a new thread on this but...

Powerful is to vague of a word. A place to explain why I think the sorerer is more powerful than the rogue would be nice. Or as to why I'm dissatisfied with spell casting, it isn't the spell slots or whatever but because of XYZ.

Two groups of people may hate X but they may hate X for two very different reasons. Without knowing those reasons they may change something that get one of the large groups to hate it more.

Right now I don't care about the content, I have issues with the way in which they collect their data... I'm biased though, my wife has a Bachelor degree in stats.