PDA

View Full Version : Eberron with Giant Robots: Sharn

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Asmodeus
2007-05-03, 08:00 PM
Wrench

Gripping the battleaxe with both hands, Wrench attacks the ogre as it comes into range.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

{OOC: Readied action coming into play.}

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-03, 09:26 PM
(I wasn't sure if you had an action readied or not. :P In that case, go ahead and post an action for the second round too.)

Not a Paladin
2007-05-03, 10:04 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike shouts to Achille, "Don't you ever say that you're useless again!" Then, he turns toward the ogre that hit him and swings his flaming axe at it.

(OoC: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2])

Asmodeus
2007-05-03, 10:25 PM
{OOC: I will, as soon as my turn in initiative comes around again.}

Winged One
2007-05-03, 10:43 PM
Achille
AC 22
HP 14/14 Mech 27/30
Initiative 3
Round 2
Achille is rather confused by Ike's command, but he tries not to let it detract from his attempt to finish the second ogre off with a powerful blow from above the giant's head. If he succeeds, in his endeavor, he works his way toward the ogre attacking Ike or, if that ogre is already dead, the ogre attacking Wrench.
I take it from the mention of his leap that he had to spend his swift action last turn on Sudden Leap instead of Punishing Stance. I'll reduce his AC and roll the extra damage die if that's incorrect.
Swift action: Recover maneuvers. A warblade has to follow up recovering manuvers as a swift action with either a standard action to make a normal melee attack(which he is) or a standard action to do nothing particularly useful(such as flourishing his weapon).
Standard action: Attack the ogre that was not dropped his Steel Wind maneuver. Power Attacking to reduce his to hit by 1 and raise his damage by 2(wielding a weapon 2-handed).
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Move action: Move 20 feet toward the indicated ogre(or 40, if I'm mistaken about us being on difficult terrain) or however many is necessary to get so that he can attack next round, whichever is less.

And, because it needs to be said: FINISH HIM!

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-03, 11:15 PM
(I just mentioned your leaping because it sounded cool, actually. XD The terrain's normal here,so feel free to use Punishing Stance all you like.)

Winged One
2007-05-03, 11:20 PM
Gotcha. AC is 20 instead. And it's not so much as much as I like, but I have to until I spend a swift action to stop using it, which I spent recovering Steel Wind.
[roll0]

Resonance
2007-05-04, 01:07 AM
McCormick

Having lost his cover he moves near Anavel and puts away his rapier, "I sense with your friend moving about the battlefield we are completely safe. Curse the luck, this must be the third scrap in as many hours that I've not had the pleasure of being in. Oh well."

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-04, 08:39 PM
Anavel shrugs. "As you can see, I do not have that problem. You should see if you can find someone to automate your mechanoid. Of course... that can have unforseen side effects..."

The orge that Leonidas is assaulting continues to scream in terror and agony as the mechanical lion continues its assault. The noise cuts off after another moment, however, replaced by the sickening noise of the mechanical lion ripping out the ogre's intestines.

"... I really wish he wouldn't do that..."

Wrench, meanwhile, deals a severe blow to the orge that assaulted him, opening up its chest in a spray of crimson. The ogre manages to stay on his feet, however, and delivers a blow from his greatclub that actually cracks the Kothar's armor (7 dmg).

Ike's attack goes wide, though certainly not for a lack of effort. His opponent connects, but it is only a glancing blow that doesn't do any more than knock splinters from his weapon.

Achille performs a dazzling attack that drops his opponent like a ton of bricks.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-04, 08:54 PM
Casfal realizes that there is no possible way he can strap himself in in time to be useful, so he undoes whatever he has done and climbs up onto the head and aims his crossbow at the nearest ogre.

Will Save (DC 11) [roll0]
Crossbow Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Although he tries, he can't bring himself to pull the trigger when facing an opponent already engaged in combat.

Winged One
2007-05-04, 09:01 PM
We've got Action Points for a reason, Iames. Magnus, is round 3 started yet? Also, does Achille have Ike's ogre within reach at the start of said round?

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-04, 10:04 PM
(Round 3 is now starting. You can assume you're within walking distance of any ogre on the field.)

Winged One
2007-05-04, 10:23 PM
Yes, but I specified that Achille would move, during round 2, to be ready to take out Ike's ogre on round 3 if he successfully dropped the ogre that he dropped. Anyway, this post assumes that there isn't some problem with that.
Achille
AC 20
HP 14/14 Mech 27/30
Initiative 3
Round 3
Hearing Anavel's reccomendation, Achille thinks And give up the chance to fight like this? Thanks for the advice, but no thanks. The warblade steps nibly to get closer to having Ike on the other side of the ogre, then takes a wild horizontal swing at the giant.
Move action: 5' step so that he's closer to having a flanking bonus with Ike.
Standard action: Attack(2 handed, Power Attack -1/+2)
[roll0] Flank bonus not applied if I get one.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
All your ogre are belong to us. Take off every 'Kothar'!

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-04, 10:25 PM
((I don't want to burn through them all, and if this is any indication, I'm going to be rolling low a lot.

Of course, I don't mind having the karma pile up for later.))

Asmodeus
2007-05-05, 06:47 AM
{OOC: Hey, don't I get a round 2 action? When do the ogre's have initiative?}

Not a Paladin
2007-05-05, 11:23 AM
Ike d'Cannith

My highly aggressive attack strategy appears to be ineffective. Ike steps away from the ogre carefully and focuses his mind. The area around him blurs for a moment, then returns to the way it was.

(OoC: Making a five foot step away from the ogres, then manifesting Force Screen. This should improve my AC to 27. I now have one power point left.)

Winged One
2007-05-05, 05:14 PM
I think he has a better initiative this round than I do, so scratch the 5' step and add instead:
If Achille defeats the ogre that had been engaging Ike, he turns the Kothar's gaze upon the last ogre and advances toward it, the axe still in both hands.
So, move to flank with Wrench if possible.

Asmodeus
2007-05-05, 07:12 PM
Wrench
Round 2

Wrench attacks the same Ogre again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Asmodeus
2007-05-05, 07:17 PM
{OOC: Using an action point to enhance my attack roll}

[roll0]

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-06, 10:11 PM
The ogre that had hitherto been attacking Ike follows him and attempts another blow, but the force shield he has manifested deflects the blow.

Wrench's next blow lays open the orge's throat- it falls to the ground with a spray of gore.

Achille pretty much cuts the ogre he attacks in half.

Asmodeus
2007-05-07, 07:54 AM
{OOC: That would negate the damage I took then. It would be dead before it had a chance to hit me. That leaves my Kothar at 27/30 HP.

I'm guessing we lost the other warforged?}

Wrench
Round 3

Wrench will move to the ogre that is attacking Ike and swing the battle axe, trying to aid his companion.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

{OOC: If I can get into position for a flanking bonus, please assume I do so, and add it in.}

Winged One
2007-05-07, 09:14 AM
I already got that one, Asmo. I think: Magnus, will you confirm that all of the ogres are in the negatives?

Asmodeus
2007-05-07, 09:24 AM
{OOC: Redirect me to the nearest living enemy?}

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-07, 12:36 PM
(Oh geez, is it obvious I've completely lost track of who's killing what yet. XD I -thought- there was one still up and around, but it's probably playing dead now that it just say you kill all of his buddies, so...)

Anavel looks around the gore-strewn battlefield. "... you know, I take it back. You gentlemen are all fairly competent. I am impressed."

(Oh, and everyone gets 500 xp. Feel free to upgrade your character sheets at will.)

Winged One
2007-05-07, 12:44 PM
"Um, thanks." Achille says, sheathing the Kothar axe. "Um, why do they keep attacking, anyway? We were attacked by one of them just after we got these, too."
5 ogres. Achille took down one with a crit on his Steel Wind, then finished the other target next turn. Leonidas murderated one that went after Casfal. Wrench killed one, and Achille cut the one that was attacking Ike in half. 5-2-1-1-1=0
Quod Erat Demonstratum(probably horribly misspelled).

Oh, and when do we recieve our XP for wtfpwning those ogres?

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-07, 01:08 PM
Oh, and when do we recieve our XP for wtfpwning those ogres?[/ooc]

(*points up*)

Resonance
2007-05-08, 12:41 PM
McCormick

Upon seeing the gore fest over begins to clap for his counterparts, "Well done, well done! I could not've done it better myself. And that says a lot, seeing as I did nothing; this is the second such time I've been caught off my guard."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-08, 12:56 PM
Casfal lowers his crossbow and climbs back down to the cockpit, where he proceeds to strap himself in. Forgive me, Anavel; I'd like to speak to you face-to-face, but I'd much rather not be caught unawares again.

Resonance
2007-05-08, 02:46 PM
"Mmmmm, yes, these attacks are boarding on the barbaric, perhaps it's just dumb luck we've had today. After all, we were near when the airship did crash, these things were in the hold, and then the subsequent attacks. It's a miracle that no one has ran off with one yet."

{ OCC: Theres a slow pitch to the GM and others for a bit of roll play. }

Winged One
2007-05-08, 02:58 PM
Magnus, did Brute(Hoorex's character) just vanish(meaning he ran away with his Kothar), or was he written out of existance by an overdeity(ie you retconed his existance out)?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-08, 06:37 PM
Indeed. Perhaps it was the will of the Silver Flame, guiding to the crash site who would honor the captain's dying request.

Not a Paladin
2007-05-08, 07:25 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike steps out of his Kothar and looks around. After seeing the damage to it, he briefly contemplates running in terror the next time he sees an ogre, but he dismisses the thought. "Perhaps we ought to rest for a while," he says.

At Casfal's comment, Ike replies, "While I do not follow the Silver Flame, or any religion for that matter, perhaps you are right. Maybe it was fate that brought us to the crash site."

Asmodeus
2007-05-08, 07:42 PM
Wrench

"That sounds like an excellent idea. It will give me time to repair your Kothar."

Resonance
2007-05-08, 08:00 PM
McCormick

"See Wrench, you really are full of good ideas! You just have to think some more about them from time to time," turning to the rest of the folk, "I gotta tell you, Wrench can fix anything mechanical or man-made except for living flesh, and even then, I'm not too sure he couldn't. I'm thinking of teaching him to sew wounds, but I'm not so sure that is a good idea. He's so kind hearted that he might try to sew up those corpses."

{ OCC: Yeah for RP and yes also wondering about Hoorex or if we'll notice he has absconded with said Kothar. }

Resonance
2007-05-08, 08:01 PM
McCormick

"See Wrench, you really are full of good ideas! You just have to think some more about them from time to time," turning to the rest of the folk, "I gotta tell you, Wrench can fix anything mechanical or man-made except for living flesh, and even then, I'm not too sure he couldn't. I'm thinking of teaching him to sew wounds, but I'm not so sure that is a good idea. He's so kind hearted that he might try to sew up those corpses."

{ OCC: Yeah for RP and yes also wondering about Hoorex or if we'll notice he has absconded with said Kothar. }

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-08, 08:17 PM
(Actually... that's not a bad idea...)

It is indeed at about this point that it becomes obvious that Brute and his Kothar are long gone, probably in the midst of the battle with the ogres. That sassy so and so.

(Hoorex told me that he would be unable to contribute further to the game. I... forgot to send that along, I guess. >_> I imagine I could work him back in if he wanted to return, but Brute will probably remain an NPC for the forseeable future.)

Winged One
2007-05-08, 08:22 PM
Achille

"Yeah, maybe it was the will of the Flame..." Achille says wistfully. "Um, for you guys to find it, I guess. It's hard to believe the Flame would choose me...I'm no good..." he says, while surrounded by the bodies of powerful enemies, most of whom he personally killed. "Ah, where's that warforged? Er, not Wrench, the other one."

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-08, 08:26 PM
Anavel looks at Achille as though his head was that of a chicken.

Resonance
2007-05-10, 01:00 PM
McCormick

[roll0]

Resonance
2007-05-10, 01:03 PM
McCormick

[roll0]

Winged One
2007-05-10, 01:20 PM
I'll go by the natural 20, since you rolled it first. I'll say it's DC 20, as per a hunch. Magnus is free to contradict me here if he wants to, of course.
Achille
Achille appears to genuinely beleve what he's saying, although McCormick is insightful enough to understand that he is expressing a his oppinion about himself as a person rather than his fighting skills. At Anavel's odd look, he says "What?"

Resonance
2007-05-10, 04:24 PM
{OCC: Something about work network making me post 2x }

"Well... I think that it's just... you have such a low opinion of yourself, and by the looks of it, none of what you feel about yourself is remotely true."

Asmodeus
2007-05-10, 04:47 PM
Wrench

"So, does that mean we are stopping for a night of rest?'

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-10, 07:03 PM
(Asmodeus: That's probably something you should ask in character. ;))

Anavel nods in agreeement with McCormick. "There is such a thing as too much humility."

Winged One
2007-05-10, 09:06 PM
Achille
"Oh, um, I never said I was bad at fighting," Achille explains, misunderstanding McCormick's meaning entirely. "I'm just no good." Within his Kothar, he somehow manages to stare at his feet without looking down at anybody.

Resonance
2007-05-11, 11:37 AM
McCormick

Turns to look at Anavel and gives a slight toss of his eyes as if to say, "I give up." and then starts dolling out orders.

"Wrench, repair what you can for the evening before resting. Others, make sure you take a watch, I'm taking first watch and last since I've done nothing today to make myself of any use." And as if there were any question about it,"We are camping here for the night. We'll either be attacked again or we've slaughtered enough of their minions that they've started to think twice." Seconds later he follows up with, "If you can, it would be best to sleep in your Kothar's completely prepared."

He puts his pack down on the ground, takes out his bamboo flute and starts to play a long, slow, wistful tune that should help everyone relax themselves so they can go about their tasks. After several minutes of this he will put the instrument away again.

1d20+6

Resonance
2007-05-11, 11:40 AM
[roll0] { let us try that roll again... }

Asmodeus
2007-05-11, 12:31 PM
Wrench

"Yes, Sir.

I'm going to spend some time making scrolls. Does anyone have a particular spell they would like? I'll need some gold for supplies of course."

Wrench will use his last infusion on Ike's Kothar.

[roll0]

Wrench will then begin work on making any scrolls which are requested of him.

{OOC: I can do any level 1 or level 2 scroll, arcane or divine. I need 12.5GP for level 1 or 25 GP for a level 2. Any takers?}

[roll1]
[roll2]

Making a Scroll of Repair Light Damage. DC 21. Either roll can count.}

Winged One
2007-05-11, 12:32 PM
Achille
After a quick look around to see if there is anything nearby that is stupid enough to attack the group, but not stupid enough to do so while he is in a Kothar, Achille sheathes the mechanoid's axe and starts climbing out. If something that he failed to see does not attack immediately, he takes his backpack out of the storage compartment. He takes a days worth of firewood, his flint and steel, enough trail rations to feed a human for one day, and a waterskin out of his backpack, and sets them down. Then, of course, he takes the ogres stuff, using any pr0n they may have as kindling to light a campfire(unless somebody stops him from lighting a campfire, in which case he just burns it so it will be burned). If they do not, he starts eating his rations and drinking his water. "Mister, um, McCormick? How do you know that those ogres work for the same person as the one that went after us earlier?" It seems not to have occured to him that McCormick might be guessing.
[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-05-11, 12:32 PM
[roll0]
Using an action point to get that 18 up over a 21

3 action points and 16? craft points left.

Winged One
2007-05-11, 12:40 PM
Achille
If anybody wants Wrench to make a scroll but comes slightly short of the money, Achille will give them money from his own 2 Galifars(gp), 2 Sovereigns(sp), and 6 {whatever cp are}.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-11, 12:55 PM
Casfal pokes through the ogre's belongings, then picks a spot to stand until someone makes some food.

Resonance
2007-05-11, 01:29 PM
McCormick

"I don't, but I also don't have a problem with being wrong. The Ogres and the spider could all just be creatures native to the area attracted by the scent of fresh blood and the fire at the airship. They most likely are. Now Anavel's problem is what really has me concerned."

Winged One
2007-05-11, 01:42 PM
Achille
"Those flying mechanoids, right?" Achille asks.

Resonance
2007-05-11, 03:09 PM
McCormick

"Mmmmm yes, that is correct. Does anyone have any idea on the size of those things that Leonidus took down? What did you call them again Anavel?"

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-11, 06:00 PM
Anavel is in the process of climbing onto Leonidas' back. He pauses at McCormick's question.

"The flying mechanoids? They were fairly large, actually... I'd guess nearly twice as tall as your machines. Not anywhere near as heavily built though, which makes sense if they were designed for aerial combat. I must say, this place is extremely interesting- I never expected to encounter mecha technology in this day and age, after what happened before..."

Leonidas lets out a low, rumbling purring sort of noise.

"... hmmm. I believe it is time for me to go. I must seek out my companions before long. I thank you all for the conversation. This has been a most fascinating day."

Winged One
2007-05-11, 06:10 PM
Wisdom check to derive some inkling, even the slightest, of how ****ed we are from Anavel's statement: [roll0]

See also (http://llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/target151.html)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-11, 07:11 PM
((... Oh, god... I second that, W1.

Still, Anavel and his companions are only men (I hope). They can be killed. Even Leonidas, and any like him, are not invulnerable.

Step 1: Acquire control of a sphere of annihilation.
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit!))

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-11, 08:04 PM
(Given the vagueness of Anavel's statement, it's more or less impossible for Achille to determine exactly what he was getting at just by that one statement.)

Winged One
2007-05-12, 12:54 AM
I'm not trying to know in what way we are ****ed(which is probably impossible), I want to determine if Achille is not too much of a dumbass to realize that we are, in fact, ****ed.

Iames and Magnus eyes only:What are you so worried about? You're probably the BBEG(don't worry, I'm good at not using OOC knowedge and suspisions derived therefrom); you're no doubt going to be the one doing it.

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-12, 07:04 PM
(Well, given the obvious intrinsic usefulness of the mechanoids, it would take something pretty bad happening for a culture to decide to just not use them. So Achille probably gets a pretty serious sense of foreboding here.)

Unless anyone asks him another question, Anavel hops onto Leonidas' head, and the great beast leaps into the air with a roar and a blast of green flames from what appear to be cylinders mounted on its hips.

In the west, the sun is beginning to slowly sink.

Winged One
2007-05-13, 12:45 AM
"Um...who did the pilots of those flying mechanoids think you worked for? Who did they work for?" Achille asks Anavel before he goes. Oh, it was probably something that couldn't happen again anyway.

Resonance
2007-05-13, 10:49 AM
"There are others such as yourself?"

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-13, 09:31 PM
Anavel pauses and strokes his chin.

"There really wasn't enough time to communicate meaningfully. I don't know who they thought I was working for, but I remember them screaming something about a silver flame. And yes, of course there are others like me. Did you think I shot upwards out of the ground like some manner of dwarf?"

Winged One
2007-05-13, 09:50 PM
Achille
Achille pales. "Um...th-they were probably j-just a b-bunch of i-idiots, n-not actually w-working for Th-Thrane." He's clearly trying to convince himself of this more than anything.

Resonance
2007-05-14, 09:14 AM
McCormick

Begins to laugh, a good, full bodied laugh at Anavel's quip and seems content with the new information.

Asmodeus
2007-05-14, 02:33 PM
Wrench

Once the scroll has been completed, Wrench will wrap it up and tuck it away into his scroll case.

He spends some time thinking about how these new Kothar work and what methods he could to to maintain them more efficiently.

{OOC: Guessing that no one else wanted scrolls. Consider me officially levelled up then.}

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-15, 01:22 PM
You can hear Anavel's deep laugh even over the roar of Leonidas' propulsion systems as he soars into the sky. After that the night passes uneventfully- if the orges had any friends who are waiting to avenge their deaths, they're not coming out. Maybe they don't really care for the simple clubs and small pile of copper coins (42) and pornography that was all the dead creatures carried.

The next morning dawns clear and bright, though those of you who spent the night strapped into your Kothars probably feel a little grumpy. You rested well enough, but there's a crick in your neck for sure. The birds are singing, the butterflys are flitting about, and the column of smoke left behind by the downed airship is all but dissipated.

Wroat awaits.

Winged One
2007-05-15, 01:38 PM
Achille
Night, after Anavel leaves
As mentioned before, Achille lights to pr0n on fire. Furthermore, he divides the money among the five of them, taking 8 of the coins for himself((42/8=8.4)). Once he's done eating his rations and drinking from his waterskin, he stows his posessions back in his Kothar, then climbs back in, practicing with the weapon for a few minutes. After he's done practicing, he sleeps in the mechanoid, ready to fight if they are attacked(which they aren't, but he doesn't know that).
Readying Steely Strike, Moment of Perfect Mind, and Steel Wind)
Next day
Attempting to stretch the crick out of his neck, Achille awakens calmly. If anybody needs to meditate or study in the morning, he will stand a vigilant guard while they do so. After morning preperations are complete, he asks "Um, which way is Wroat again?"

Asmodeus
2007-05-15, 01:43 PM
Wrench

"I don't understand how you can let yourselves sit with your eyes closed for so long." Wrench muses about the sleeping people.

Either way, he will cast a few more repairing infusions on the Kothar and then get ready to depart.

[roll0] For Ike's Kothar
[roll1] For Wrench's Kothar

{OOC: Edit: That should put both of our kothars back at full HP}

Resonance
2007-05-15, 04:45 PM
McCormick

As McCormick yawns off his nights rest...
"It's only natural when you are made of Flesh there Wrench. I keep telling you that, just like repairing these things comes naturally to you." He begins to climb back up into the Kothar, strap in, and prepare to head onward to Wroat. "Let's get moving Wrench the others can catch up if they aren't ready to go by the time we are."

Asmodeus
2007-05-15, 05:07 PM
Wrench

"Yes, Sir." says Wrench as he climbs into his Kothar and starts following McCormick.

Not a Paladin
2007-05-15, 08:08 PM
Ike d'Cannith

During the night
Ike does not take any of the coins. Instead, he spends some time practicing the use of his psionic abilities. After he has finished practicing, he eats some rations and takes a few drinks from his waterskin, then he stows his possessions inside his Kothar and goes to sleep.
Morning
Ike forces himself up, having rested for a fair amount of time. Noticing that Wrench and McCormick are leaving, he announces, "Wait! It is dangerous to travel on your own!" He then gets into his Kothar.

Winged One
2007-05-15, 08:20 PM
Achille
Assuming that Casfal's actions parallel Ike's, Achille follows Wrench and McCormick at half their speed, so that if either them or Ike and Casfal are attacked by ogres, he can get to them more quickly. Once Ike and Casfal have caught up to him, he will match their speed to catch up with Wrench and McCormick.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-18, 01:55 PM
Casfal shrugs and takes the remaining 34 coins for himself, since noone else seems inclined to. Using the position of the sun as a guide, he orients his Kothar to face in the direction of Wroat, then goes to sleep.

Come dawn, Casfal blinks the sleep from his eyes, and stretches inside the cockpit before joining the others on the way to Wroat.

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-18, 05:52 PM
The trip is fairly uneventful. The forest thins somewhat the further west the party travels, and the Kothars are able to travel quite easily. In only a day the giant machines nearly make it to the edge of the forest.

Approaching the edge just as the sun starts to sink again, the party runs across a particularly dense cluster of large trees. Beside it is a large boulder. Sitting with their back against it is what appears to be a minotaur with dark gray fur, aparrently asleep.

Winged One
2007-05-20, 07:30 PM
Achille
Achille walks up to the grey minotaur thing and pokes it. He does not do this if somebody tells him not to, it wakes up, it appears to be breathing, or he sees anything strange.

Asmodeus
2007-05-20, 07:32 PM
Achille
Achille walks up to the grey minotaur thing and pokes it. He does not do this if somebody tells him not to, it wakes up, it appears to be breathing, or he sees anything strange.

Wrench

Wrench is kind of confused, and unsure what to do. So he just stands there and waits for someone to give him orders.

Resonance
2007-05-20, 08:21 PM
McCormick

Inside his Kothar he hangs his head in silent acceptance and says a short prayer to The Many.

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-20, 09:14 PM
As Achille approaches he can see the dozen or so arrows piercing the minotaur's body. When poked, it slumps forwards to the ground.

And a low, menacing growl sounds as a large black horned shape rises above the boulder, glaring down at Achille's Kothar.

"You dare to disturb my father's resting place, human?"

Winged One
2007-05-20, 09:19 PM
He only poked the body to see if it was alive or dead. Being full of arrows, it was clearly dead. Does the guardian of doom appear just for approaching? Also, what's the actual size category?

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-20, 09:24 PM
(Guardian of doom appears just if Achille gets close. And he's only as large as the dead minotaur, just, standing on a really big rock.)

Winged One
2007-05-20, 09:33 PM
Achille
"Um, sorry. I didn't see those arrows until just now. Er, we'll go away if you really want us to." Achille says to the guardian shape of doom. "Wait, how did you know I was human? You can't see anything about us through these mechanoid things."

Not a Paladin
2007-05-20, 11:46 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike stares at the "guardian of doom" that just appeared. Inside his Kothar, he shakes his head as he realizes that this can not possibly end well (though he has difficulty deciding whether the team or the guardian of doom is doomed).

Asmodeus
2007-05-21, 07:28 AM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike stares at the "guardian of doom" that just appeared. Inside his Kothar, he shakes his head as he realizes that this can not possibly end well (though he has difficulty deciding whether the team or the guardian of doom is doomed).

Wrench

Growing more confused by the moment Wrench turns to McCormick and asks "I thought you fleshies opened your eyes when it got light? Why is that one still resting?"

Resonance
2007-05-21, 09:11 AM
McCormick

Knowing that Wrench may lack the skills to put all the pieces together but is smart enough to figure it out. "Well Wrench, whats wrong with a machination if you cannot fix it?"

Asmodeus
2007-05-21, 09:44 AM
McCormick

Knowing that Wrench may lack the skills to put all the pieces together but is smart enough to figure it out. "Well Wrench, whats wrong with a machination if you cannot fix it?"

Wrench

Wrench looks very confused for a moment, but then the meaning dawns on him. "Oh! Thats not good. I wonder how it happend?"

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-21, 11:37 AM
The black minotaur snarls and pulls a weapon out from behind his back. And the boulder. Because it is a truly massive weapon- a greataxe intended for a creature far larger than the minotaur, but of unusually skilled make for a giant's weapon, encrusted with gems and runes and sporting twin blades shaped like demon wings tapering to needle-like points. The minotaur gestures with the weapon in a vaguely western direction.

"I an tell you are human because only humans would bother with armor that turns them into something else. Interlopers, I will not kill you, I have more important matters to attend to. My father's murderers are aproaching, the wretched ogre scum that have fallen under the thrall of that silver giant. But I will slay them all. Go now. if you are within even a mile of this place when the battle begins... I cannot promise that you will not die."

Winged One
2007-05-21, 11:46 AM
Achille
"Um...are you sure that you don't want any help? Those ogres keep going after us, too, and even though I really hope I'm wrong about this, I think we're at war with that silver giant. We're going that way, too, and it's really annoying when they try to ambush us."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-22, 08:44 AM
Casfal loads his Kothar's crossbow, observing the situation. In his concentration, he does not notice the sparkle of blue that appears on his shoulder and solidifies into a crystal about the size of his palm.

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-22, 12:04 PM
The minotaur's brow furrows. "You too are at war with the ogres? Interesting. Perhaps we could use you... though I am more than a match for a mere six of the beasts, I nonetheless would not wish to deprive you of the chance to do battle with your enemies."

Winged One
2007-05-22, 12:35 PM
Achille
"Um..." Achille starts to correct the bigass black shape of doom, but just says, "Thanks. It's really, ah, annoying when they keep trying to ambush us, even, er, though they're really bad at it. Um, unless you think we'll be able to avoid them." He says the last to the rest of the group.

Resonance
2007-05-22, 01:19 PM
Wrench

Wrench looks very confused for a moment, but then the meaning dawns on him. "Oh! Thats not good. I wonder how it happend?"

Mutters another quick prayer, "Think of the arrows as heavy hammer blows to a piece of clock work my friend. Flesh does not stand up to many arrows just as a fine clock can be destroyed by a hammer. Do you understand now? And before you say it, no the Minotaur was not clockwork or hit with a hammer, at least, by the looks of it."

Resonance
2007-05-22, 01:24 PM
The minotaur's brow furrows. "You too are at war with the ogres? Interesting. Perhaps we could use you... though I am more than a match for a mere six of the beasts, I nonetheless would not wish to deprive you of the chance to do battle with your enemies."

"Speak no more of it, we are with you! These suites of armor working together as a force can handle at least five ogre, from what we've seen so far." His Kothar reaches back and unlimbers its crossbow and readies a bolt as he says this.

{ OCC: Yep, that's right, he just volunteered the whole group to do battle. }

Asmodeus
2007-05-22, 01:42 PM
Wrench

Wrench draws his battle-axe and begins casting an infusion. It takes him 1 minute to finish, and he holds the charge of the infusion for now.

{OOC: Casting Personal Weapon Augmentation, and selecting Bane (Giant).

When applied, the axe will act as a +3 Flaming BattleAxe, that does an additional 2d6 dmg when used against Giant-typed monsters, such as ogres. Lasts for 20 minutes. Acts normal against non-giants.

Boo-Ya!}

Resonance
2007-05-22, 02:29 PM
McCormick

Looks to Wrench, "A good idea!" He puts away his crossbow and then gets out the axe, setting it down so it can be picked up when needed. His Kothars arms suddenly go limp after the axe is set down. If you listen closely you can hear him shuffling about for something in the Kothar. "Aha, there you are my sweet!"

A beautiful and enchanting melody spills out borne upon high split notes that speak of battle, strife, love, the sun, and a myriad of images that all stir in the mind. After the melody stops a tune seems to carry in your heart, wanting to make you puff up your chest, and throw back your shoulders in set determination.

{ Inspire Courage }

The Kothar picks up the axe.

Winged One
2007-05-22, 02:43 PM
Achille
Achille draws the Kothar's flaming axe and begins practicing a bit with it. At first, he strikes to empty places in the air, in a manuver simmilar to how he struck two ogres at once in the previous fight. Then, he stops, places his left hand to where the Kothar's temple would be, and holds it there for as long as he had been whirling around. While he concentrates on closing his mind to outside influence, he gets an idea. Immediately after he's done, the warblade starts circling one spot in the air, striking toward it with a suprising focus. He repeats these excercises, varying them slightly to hit harder or more accurately either until the ogres show up or for five minutes, whichever is less time.

Readying Steel Wind, Moment of Perfect Mind, and Steely Strike. Do we get enough prep time for that?

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-22, 06:20 PM
(Take as long as you like...)

Asmodeus
2007-05-22, 09:08 PM
(Take as long as you like...)

{OOC: Edited my post to hold the charge instead of applying it immediately.}

Not a Paladin
2007-05-22, 11:26 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike draws his Kothar's crossbow and loads it. He then uses the same ability he has already manifested twice before in order to improve his defensive capabilities in preparation for the upcoming battle.

(OoC: Manifesting Force Screen. I'll leave other powers for when the battle has begun, for all of Ike's psionic powers besides the useless-in-most-situations Minor Creation are combat-oriented.)

Asmodeus
2007-05-23, 07:17 AM
Wrench

Having finished preparing his infusion, Wrench looks at the minotaur and asks "So, where are these ogres and giants?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-23, 03:47 PM
Casfal's eyes glow as he manifests defensive precognition.

AC 24, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +3, 20 rounds

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-24, 07:08 PM
The undergrowth to the party's south begins to rustle ominously. The minotaur grins hugely and hefts his axe.

"Looks like they're here."

A single ogre bursts out of the bushes, screams, clutching at an open wound in his neck, and falls to the ground, twitching.

The minotaur blinks. "What the hell was-"

The forest then erupts into flames as an enormous silver armored shape bursts into the clearing, wielding a great sword wreathed in silver flame. The mobile suit is easily twice as large as the kothars, and just judging by the craftsmanship of the armor, it appears to have been constructed using far advanced technology.

"So the dogs of Breland have put their stolen spells to work!" comes a hollow, screaming voice from within the ominous silver shell. "Then it will be my happy duty to execute these heretics in the name of Thrane. Now die!"

[Initiative rolls and actions, peeps.]

Asmodeus
2007-05-24, 07:13 PM
{OOC: Is it too late to change the target of my Bane from Giants to something else? Also, will a Construct Bane work against these armor suits?}

[roll0]

Winged One
2007-05-24, 07:25 PM
Achille
HP 28/28, mechanoid 27/30
AC 22 touch 10 flat irrelevant due to Uncanny Dodge
6 Action Points
[roll0]

I assume that he's Huge sized. How far is he from us?

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-24, 09:58 PM
(Asmodeus: I'll go ahead and let you change it, but construct bane will only affect the mobile suit itself- once you're hacking at the meaty pilot inside, it won't affect him the same way.

And let's say he's a good fifty feet away and you guys are all roughly the same distance from him. For the sake of argument.)

Winged One
2007-05-24, 10:24 PM
Achille
HP 28/28, mechanoid 27/30
AC 22 normally, 18 with Punishing Stance and charge penalties
6 Action Points
Initiative 7, action point may or may not be used to improve
Round 1
"Tira Mirron, why can't I ever be right about something good?!" Achille shouts at the confirmation of his suspicions of a war between Breland and Thrane. Without another word, he runs at the Suited Psychotic Thrannish Inquisitor with his flaming axe in both hands, striking an incredibly reckless blow.

Moving into a Punishing Stance as a swift action, then charging as a full-round action. Power Attacking for a -2 penalty to his attack roll, and a +4 bonus to damage(wielding a weapon in 2 hands).
[roll0] +2 BAB, -2 Power Attack, +7 STR, +1 enhancement bonus, -1 size, +2 charge
[roll1] +10 STR*1.5, +4 Power Attack, +1 enhancement bonus.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Yes, I know perfectly well that I'm provoking an AoO from the most dangerous opponent we've faced so far.

Winged One
2007-05-24, 10:26 PM
[roll0] To increase attack roll.

Resonance
2007-05-25, 11:01 AM
McCormick

{ Things are going to be sparse from me starting next week as the baby arrives Tuesday. Ahhh, nutz! I can't find my Kothar character sheet now... holding on posting until I get some of my stuff together.}

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-26, 11:27 PM
(S'cool, real life must take precedence. We're not in a huge hurry here.)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-27, 12:08 AM
After a moment of shock, Casfal sets his jaw grimly. He raises his crossbow and takes a brief moment to aim.

Initiative [roll0]
Will Save v. Honor of the Duel (DC 10) [roll1]
Designates Thranish suit for purposes of Dodge (and Psionic Dodge), raising AC to 26, touch 14, flat 24.

If Will save <10 and/or Thranish suit in ally's threatened area, move to a position 30 ft. from Thranish suit to gain benefits of Point Blank Shot and say: Get clear so I can get a shot in! Then ready an action to take actions in spoiler below once no allies threaten Thranish suit.

If Will save =/>10 and Thranish suit not in ally's threatened area, take following actions:
Move to a position 30 ft. from Thranish suit to gain benefits of Point Blank Shot.
Crossbow Attack [roll2]
Expend psionic focus to activate Psionic Shot; Psionic Dodge no longer working, AC drops to 25, touch 13, flat 23.
Crossbow Damage [roll3] + [roll4]

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-27, 12:10 AM
((Action Point to increase Will save - [roll0]; 5 AP left))

Not a Paladin
2007-05-27, 12:18 AM
Ike d'Cannith

Looking at the enemy mechanoid, Ike fire's his Kothar's crossbow.

(OoC: Initiative: [roll0]
Attack with crossbow: [roll1]
Damage with crossbow: [roll2])

Not a Paladin
2007-05-27, 12:19 AM
(I'm going to use an Action Point to improve that attack roll; this guy's probably got a really high AC.
Action Point roll: [roll0])

Asmodeus
2007-05-27, 09:11 AM
Wrench
HP: 13/13, (30/30 Kothar)
AC: 21 (vt 9: ff: 21

Wrench will finally apply the infusion to the battleaxe, and charge the newest construct, with utmost stupidity.

[roll0]
Modifiers: BAB+1, STR+5, Enhancement+3,Charge+2
[roll1]
Modifiers: STR+7(2-handed), Enhancement+3
[roll2]
[roll3]

Magnus_Samma
2007-05-30, 06:41 PM
(... alright... I'm trying to figure something out...

Winged One, what are you doing that's provoking an AoO? Charging someone doesn't give them an AoO unless you're also bull rushing them.)

Winged One
2007-05-30, 06:43 PM
I'm still moving through his reach, if I'm not mistaken.

Resonance
2007-06-01, 03:14 PM
{ OCC: Asmodeus - please play McCormick for a bit; Family is due home on Saturday. }

Asmodeus
2007-06-01, 03:44 PM
{ OCC: Asmodeus - please play McCormick for a bit; Family is due home on Saturday. }

Ok... but you are pretty much set for a few rounds at least.

Who's turn is it anyways, Mr. DM?

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-02, 08:39 PM
(Gaaaahhhh, sorry about the hiatus guys, my boss apparently decided I didn't need sleep in between shifts. ^_^ I'm back now, unless the police find the body.

I'm working out the order now, but... uh... Iames? I'm trying to figure out what this "Honor of the Duel" thing you just did is. >_> It's a feat, right? What book is it from? I keep getting the feeling I've seen it before and know what it is, but then I look for it and I can't find it, and I'd rather not start the combat round without knowing what the heck it is you're doing.)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-04, 08:19 AM
((It's a flaw that means I have trouble attacking an enemy who is inside an ally's threatened area, and I can make a Will save vs. DC 10 to overcome it. It's detailed on my character sheet (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=12651) in the "Other Notes" section))

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-05, 05:46 PM
(Okay here we go. Sorry for taking so long guys, mostly my fault, though the board going down once or twice certainly didn't help...

Current order: Boss-20
Wrench-16
Casfal-11
Ike-11
Minotaur-10
Achille-7

Iames: That's really interesting... is that from Unearthed Arcana or what?)

The strange mecha approaches at speed- he seems to be headed for the great black minotaur. As he approaches, you can hear him screaming a strange chant. "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother&%$!er in the valley!"

Wrench manages to deliver a savage blow with his battleaxe, actually causing the machine to stumble, but it retaliates with a vicious stab of its longsword to the Kothar's gut. Casfal and Ike unleash their crossbows, but sadly the bolts simply bounce off of the mech's heavy armor. The minotaur leaps forward and brings his great axe down on his enemy's head, but the man in the machine simply laughs as it strikes him in the shoulder with naught but a scratch to show for it.

His laughter cuts off rather abruptly as Achille opens up a gash of torn and crumpled metal across his armor's side.

(Wrench's Kothar takes 34 damage, not counting damage reduction. Time for the next round!)

Asmodeus
2007-06-05, 06:32 PM
{OOC: Hold up... I'm confused. How did he take his turn, then attack me? Or was that his round 2 action?

If not, I'm holding my turn until I see what he does for Round 2. It will likely affect what I do.

Also, everyone remember to apply your bonuses from McCormick's bardic music. Inspire Courage, gives you +1 to Atk, Dmg, and Saves against Charm or Fear.}

Not a Paladin
2007-06-05, 08:50 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike reassesses his current situation. Seeing his friend's almost-but-not-quite destroyed Kothar, and his bolt that glanced off the giant enemy mech without causing any damage, he decides to attack the enemy.

"Prepare yourself for the ultimate psionic technique that has been passed down through the Cannith line for generations!" he yells as he creates a crystal using the power of his mind, which also creates an inexplicable loud noise as the crystal speeds in the direction of the enemy.

(OoC: I'll move just into range of my Crystal Shard power, then manifest it for 2 power points.
Ranged touch attack with Crystal Shard power: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Ike now has 6 power points left.)

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-05, 09:44 PM
(Asmodeus: As was pointed out, because of this fellow's size and reach, getting close enough to hit him involves moving through his threatened area, resulting in an AoO. Wrench attacked him first, so he used his AoO for the round on him. He hasn't taken his second round action yet.)

Asmodeus
2007-06-05, 09:51 PM
(Asmodeus: As was pointed out, because of this fellow's size and reach, getting close enough to hit him involves moving through his threatened area, resulting in an AoO. Wrench attacked him first, so he used his AoO for the round on him. He hasn't taken his second round action yet.)

{OOC: Ok. That explains it. As soon as I see what he does for Round 2, I'll post my actions.}

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-05, 09:53 PM
(I should have probably posted that to begin with, frankly...)

Laughing hysterically, the man in the silver mobile suit drives his flaming longsword through the minotaur's body, resulting in the requisite gratuitous hosespray of blood. The minotaur stumbles backwards, looking quite injured, but not yet ready to drop.

Asmodeus
2007-06-05, 10:02 PM
Wrench
HP: 13/13, (1/30 Kothar)
AC: 21 (vt 9: ff: 21)

Wrench, perhaps not realizing just how dangerous of a position he's in at the moment, continues his assault. More than likely, he is just overconfident, after taking such a massive blow and not even being injured by it.

[roll0] Total with Action Point is 28
Modifiers: BAB+1, STR+5, Enhancement+3,Inspire Courage +1
[roll1]
Modifiers: STR+7(2-handed), Enhancement+3, Inspire Courage +1
[roll2]
[roll3]

Asmodeus
2007-06-05, 10:08 PM
[roll0]

Add to attack roll.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-07, 09:39 AM
Iames: That's really interesting... is that from Unearthed Arcana or what?)

The strange mecha approaches at speed- he seems to be headed for the great black minotaur. As he approaches, you can hear him screaming a strange chant. "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother&%$!er in the valley!"

((I found it on Realmshelp, so I dunno where it's from. And Bun-Bun (the Sheva) FTW!))

Moving to stay within 30 ft of the Thranish suit, Casfal raises his arm, pointing at the it. A ray of electricity lances from his pointing finger with a miniature thundercrack.

Energy Ray (electricity) - ranged touch [roll0]
[roll1] electricity damage
ML check to overcome PR [roll2]

Winged One
2007-06-07, 03:51 PM
Minotaur's turn. By the way, Magnus has SPTI initiated any manuvers that I should roll Martial Lore on?

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-07, 10:17 PM
Wrench manages to deliver yet another impressive blow, literally tearing off a huge chunk of the material surrounding the mobile suit's cockpit. The pilot inside stands revealed, a tall human male with blonde hair and blue eyes, laughing hysterically. He barely seems to notice as Casfal's attack strikes him, merely grimacing more horribly as the electricity courses over his form.

The minotaur rushes forward and delivers a great scything blow of his axe. It opens up a great bloody gash across the pilot's chest. His eyes bore unsteadily forwards as he licks a speck of blood off of his lips.

"Is that the best you can do?" he hisses.

Winged One
2007-06-07, 10:40 PM
Achille
HP 28/28
Mech HP 27/30
AC 16, 20 against SPTI
5 Action Points

Achille darts to get the enemy mech between him and the minotaur, then strikes a swift and powerful two-handed blow that doesn't become apparant until the end of a final whirl that gets him into position. Anybody feeling particularly traitorous, however, will note that he's left himself incredibly vulnerable to attack by pretty much everybody except the Thrannish madman.
Tumbling to get a flank bonus then initiating Steely Strike, Power Attacking for a -2 penalty to hit.
[roll0] +2 DEX, +5 ranks, +2 Jump synergy, -6 armor check
[roll1] +2 BAB, +2 flank, +7 STR, +1 enhancement, -1 size, -2 power attack, +4 maneuver
[roll2]+13 STR*1.5, +4 PA, +1 enhancement
[roll3]
[roll4]
I'll save the quip until I see how the roll turns out.

Winged One
2007-06-07, 10:44 PM
Achille
"Not by a long shot, you madman!" Achille snarls as the firey axe connects. His self-effacing manner seems to have evaporated for some reason.

Asmodeus
2007-06-08, 07:35 AM
{OOC: Is this guy Large? or Huge?}

Winged One
2007-06-08, 01:29 PM
Huge. We're Large. If it's about my size penalty to hit, he gets a bigger size penalty to AC, but I figure it's best to mess with the numbers where we can see them so we can fix any errors.

Asmodeus
2007-06-08, 01:33 PM
Huge. We're Large. If it's about my size penalty to hit, he gets a bigger size penalty to AC, but I figure it's best to mess with the numbers where we can see them so we can fix any errors.

{OOC: Absolutely nothing at all to do with you. although if you don't go post to the other game you are holding up, i'll stab you in the eyes with a fork.}

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-08, 10:31 PM
The pilot's smile dissapears momentarily as Achille cuts him, filling the entire cockpit with flame and blood. It returns as he emerges from the flames and lunges forward. Copying his movements, his mech drives its longsword into the cockpit of Achille's Kothar.

"Good."

(Achille's MS takes 27 dmg, again not counting his Kothar's DR.)

Winged One
2007-06-11, 12:51 AM
Okay, Achille's Kothar is at 5 hp due to it's DR. Wrench's turn.

Asmodeus
2007-06-11, 07:51 AM
Wrench

Wrench will try to maneuver into a flanking position, if possible, without provoking an AoO.

[roll0]
Modifiers: BAB+1, STR+5, Enhancement+1,Inspire Courage +1
If Flanking is achieved, add +2 to total.
[roll1]
Modifiers: STR+7(2-handed), Enhancement+1, Inspire Courage +1
[roll2]

Construct Bane is still in effect, but won't affect the guy inside the suit.

McCormick

McCormick continues playing bard music.

Resonance
2007-06-11, 09:47 AM
McCormick

*bard bard brad - play play play, avoid the fight, live to see another day... I hope*

Asmodeus
2007-06-11, 10:07 PM
Wrench

Wrench will try to maneuver into a flanking position, if possible, without provoking an AoO.

[roll0]
Modifiers: BAB+1, STR+5, Enhancement+1,Inspire Courage +1
If Flanking is achieved, add +2 to total.
[roll1]
Modifiers: STR+7(2-handed), Enhancement+1, Inspire Courage +1
[roll2]

Construct Bane is still in effect, but won't affect the guy inside the suit.

{OOC: Can I just frame those rolls? I don't think I've ever gotten a set of rolls that good in my life. The only thing its missing to make it perfect would be a critical threat, instead of 1 away.}

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-12, 08:11 PM
Casfal takes a full-round action, concentrating attempting to regain his psionic focus.

Concentration [roll0]

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-12, 08:12 PM
((*sigh* I think my Concentration checks are cursed...))

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-12, 10:53 PM
(Ike's turn... just to assure everyone that I am still here... XD)

Not a Paladin
2007-06-13, 10:00 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike moves to keep a distance of 30 feet from the almost-wrecked Thranish suit, thinking about how the battle could go. He talks big, but he is obviously in no condition to keep fighting. If he continues to be this aggressive, it will not matter how hard he can hit. He will likely die before he does much more damage. As he thinks this, he uses the power of his mind to send another crystal shard flying toward the enemy suit.

(OoC: Spending 2 power points to manifest another Crystal Shard (this should leave me with 4 power points).
Ranged touch attack with crystal shard: [roll0]
Crystal shard damage: [roll1]
Also, did you remember to apply the effects of my last attack?)

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-14, 09:38 PM
Ike's first crystal failed to penetrate the mech's armor, but this second does seem to cause the strange knight some damage, in addition to that wreaked by Wrench and the Minotaur delivering horrific blows of their axes, sending up further gouts of blood.

But he does not fall.

(Achille's turn...)

Winged One
2007-06-14, 10:59 PM
Achille
HP 28/28 Kothar 5/30
AC 20
5/6 Action Points
The cockpit on Achille's Kothar just barely holds under the force behind the Thrannish greatsword. Another blow from a mechanoid would probably shear it off and leave him as vulnerable as his enemy. Bringing the axe around a loop to strike a blow that is diagonal compared to the last, he ends it holding the axe at an angle to the ground.

Swift Action: recover maneuvers
Standard action: Attack, PA -2/+4
[roll0] +2 BAB, +1 Inspire Courage, -2 Power Attack, -1 size, +1 enhancement, +7 STR, +2 flank
[roll1] +13 STR*1.5, +4 Power Attack, +1 enhancement, +1 Inspire Courage.
[roll2]
[roll3]
Move Action: none

By the way, as SPTI done anything that would require a Martial Lore check from Achille?

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-15, 11:33 PM
(The man has yet to do anything that resembles anything but a fairly mundane swordblow.)

The mobile suit stumbles backwards a step from the party. The man inside coughs blood, the red stain on his teeth making his manic smile that much more unnerving.

"Looks like... we're in more trouble than I thought..."

He frees his hand from the armor's harness long enough to punch something in his cockpit. An instant later there is a blast of sparks on his suit's back as what resembles a firework shoots upwards, through the canopy of trees, and into the air. Whatever the object is, it is snatched up by another of those flying objects and carried off before it can fall back to earth.

"Now... let's finish this."

Asmodeus
2007-06-16, 10:22 AM
{OOC: Do we get an AoO for him moving away, or for him launching whatever it was that he launched?}

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-17, 01:56 AM
(No, he took a five foot step, and then he took a full round action to launch his missile defensively.)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-18, 08:33 AM
Casfal attempts to attain his focus a second time.

BConcnetration [roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-06-18, 09:04 AM
Wrench

Wrench copies the step made by the enemy, trying to maintain some advantage by keeping him surrounded. He then attacks, again.

[roll0]
Modifiers: +1 BAB, +5 STR, -1 Size, +1 Enhancement
[roll1]
Modifiers: +7 2-handed STR
[roll2]

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-18, 12:51 PM
Wrench's assault, while impressive to watch, fails to penetrate the machine's armor to strike the meaty pilot inside. Said meaty pilot chuckles an evil chuckle.

Not a Paladin
2007-06-19, 01:16 AM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike is quite puzzled by the recent turn of events. How can anyone be that resistant to death? It makes no sense! Nothing about this fight makes sense anymore! What do I do?

On that thought, Ike briefly descends into a completely out-of-character madness, rushing his opponent with axe drawn. "Prepare to face the power of my ultimate attack! Takarakuji Ono!" (OoC: Poorly mangled Japanese for "Lottery Axe". No particular meaning in the context of the battle; it just shows that Ike is completely out of his mind at the time of the attack.)

His completely nonsensical attack name is followed by a completely normal axe attack.

Regardless of whether or not the attack actually does anything, Ike immediately states, "What did I just do? And what did that thing I said mean?"

(OoC: Attack with +1 Flaming Battleaxe: [roll0]
Damage: [roll]2d6+5[/roll
Fire damage: [roll1]
...and it looks like this attempt to actually do something useful was a complete failure.)

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-19, 01:55 PM
The minotaur takes a step back from the battle, breathing heavily and holding his wound.

"The knights of the silver flame... are as powerful as the stories tell... a direct assault might not work..."

Winged One
2007-06-19, 04:43 PM
Achille
AC 16, 20 vs SPTI
HP 27/27 Kothar 5/30
5 action points

"Lucky for us, then," Achille says to the minotaur, nimbly moving to get back into a position where the SPTI is flanked, "That he's nothing of the sort!" He adds injury to insult, leaving himself vulnerable to all but the enemy he sees again for the sake of a swift blow.

Move action: Tumble to get flanking agian, and give it as well. [roll0]
Standard action: Initiate Steely Strike, PA -2/+4
[roll1](+2 BAB +7 STR +1 enhancement +1 bardic music +2 flanking +4 maneuver -2 Power Attack -1 size)
[roll2](+13 STR*1.5 +4 PA +1 enhancement +1 bardic music)
[roll3]
[roll4]

Winged One
2007-06-19, 04:44 PM
If I spend an action point on that attack roll, are the effects of that natural 1 negated?

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-19, 09:07 PM
(... sure... but unless Steely Strike makes you attack a touch attack or something it won't really make a difference. XD)

Resonance
2007-06-22, 03:03 PM
McCormick

Continues to play his bard-ly melodies, "Don't die, to the fake knight guy. Something something."

Winged One
2007-06-22, 04:03 PM
(... sure... but unless Steely Strike makes you attack a touch attack or something it won't really make a difference. XD)

No, that's Emereld Razor, which he's getting next level.:smallbiggrin:

Does that mean if I roll a natural 19 or so, I can use an action point to crit his sorry ass?

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-22, 09:10 PM
Not yet dead, the knight focuses on what appears to be his greatest threat and lurches towards the minotaur, sword raised high for imminent stabbing.

(Everyone within arm's length gets an AoO.)

Winged One
2007-06-22, 09:33 PM
[roll0][roll1]

Asmodeus
2007-06-24, 10:03 AM
(Everyone within arm's length gets an AoO.)

Wrench

[roll0]
Modifiers: +1 BAB, +5 STR, -1 Size, +1 Enhancement, +1 Bard
[roll1]
Modifiers: +7 2-handed STR, +1 Bard
[roll2]

Not a Paladin
2007-06-24, 02:32 PM
Ike d'Cannith

(OoC: To hit with AoO: [roll0]
AoO damage: [roll1]
Fire damage: [roll2])

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-24, 11:24 PM
None of the blows come close to connecting- the knight brushes past them with incredible speed, and with the force of a lightning bolt, drives his sword through the minotaur's chest.

The noble beast groans and sinks to the ground.

Asmodeus
2007-06-25, 07:45 AM
Wrench

{OOC: Free action.}

Wrench says off-handedly to Achilles "Are soft-skins supposed to make noises like that?" in response to the Minotaur's groan.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-25, 10:04 AM
Casfal gives up on regaining his focus and instead reloads his crossbow. ((whenever his next turn comes around, naturally))

Winged One
2007-06-25, 11:46 AM
Achille

"Um, only when we die or get knocked out..." Says the guy who is trained to cause such conditions. I hope he's just knocked out... Achille thinks, even though he doesn't expect it.

Oh, by the way, it's pronounced and spelled like the name of the sociopath from Ender's Shadow, not the villainous hero from the Illiad. Oh, and before you ask, our Achille is just neutral.

I'm gonna wait for everybody else's turn, like a good little initiative losing monkey.:smallwink:

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-25, 06:43 PM
(Good monkey. Goooood. *pets*)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-25, 06:49 PM
((I'm sorry! I lost track of my place in the initiative! T_T))

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-26, 02:34 PM
(I'm honestly not sure how much the order matters as much as it might in a real time game, just so long as we know what people are doing and can alter actions according to earlier ones if neccessary...

... so someone freaking post already! XD)

Asmodeus
2007-06-26, 02:48 PM
{OOC: Going to have Wrench delay, in the hopes that someone else can finish this bugger off before I have to wade in and risk an AoO.}

Winged One
2007-06-26, 03:27 PM
In that case...
Achille
AC 20
HP 27/27 Kothar 5/30
5 action points

Achille darts into a position where he can attack with his Kothar's flaming axe and also make it easy for someone else to flank his enemy. The mechanoid muffles the steady stream of weapons-grade profanity in Goblin and Elven that he's muttering as he strikes again.

Move action: tumble into position.[roll0]
Swift action: recover maneuvers
Standard action: attack, PA -2
[roll1](+2 BAB +7 STR +1 enhancement +1 bardic music -2 Power Attack -1 size) add +2 if somebody gives flanking before initiative comes up
[roll2](+13 STR*1.5 +4 PA +1 enhancement +1 bardic music)
[roll3]
[roll4]

Not a Paladin
2007-06-26, 05:55 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike briefly considers charging in again, but being of sound mind, he decides against it and instead launches another crystal shard (moving so that he's 30 feet away from the Thranish suit if he isn't already).

(OoC: To hit with Crystal Shard (ranged touch attack): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Spending 2 power points on this (I have 2 left now).)

Resonance
2007-06-27, 01:21 PM
(OOC - Asmo if you'd be so kind as to make an attack for me if it's called for... if I'm in my Kothar )

Asmodeus
2007-06-27, 02:19 PM
(OOC - Asmo if you'd be so kind as to make an attack for me if it's called for... if I'm in my Kothar )

{OOC: I don't know your combat stats, and you don't have them in your char sheet for the Kothar's equipment. I would've had you draw and fire the crossbow, but I didn't see it listed. You're on your own. Perhaps the DM can assist?}

Resonance
2007-06-27, 02:48 PM
(OOC - Nutz to that, don't have the time to fill it all in... eesh sorry mates, kill my character here and now )

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-27, 04:08 PM
Achille sadly fails to deliver a telling blow with his axe. Ike's crystal shard strikes true, but fails to do much more than graze the knight's shoulder.

McCormick at last raises his crossbow, takes careful aim, and fires. The bolt drives itself into the knight's stomach and through his torso, pinning him in his machine. The foreign mech staggers, and sags in place, its pilot staring down in numb horror at the six foot wooden spike that has bored a hole in him.

(Holy **** the DM rolling for Resonance rolled a 20 ftw.)

Asmodeus
2007-06-27, 04:15 PM
Wrench

Wrench heads over to the Minotaur, and checks to see if there is any chance of saving him, or if he's passed on.

Winged One
2007-06-27, 05:40 PM
Just to clarify, the SPTI is either dying, unconcious, or dead, right?

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-27, 06:33 PM
The minotaur is clearly dying, but his eyes are locked on to his father's murderer, and he has a smile on his face.

The Knight seems conscious, amazingly enough, but he doesn't seem capable of moving, or really anything else besides staring at his wound.

Asmodeus
2007-06-27, 06:43 PM
Wrench

Wrench reaches into his pouch and draws out a small vial, trying to work quickly before the 'knight' can recover. He draws out a potion and tips it down the minotaurs throat.

[roll0]

Winged One
2007-06-27, 07:27 PM
Will he be treated as helpless for the purpose of Achille coup de gracing his corrupt ass?

Not a Paladin
2007-06-27, 09:31 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike surveys the battlefield. Seeing that Wrench's Kothar is severely damaged, he approaches it and activates his Dragonmark ability, repairing some of the damage.

As he does this, he remarks to himself, "It looks like I was completely useless in this fight. Maybe I should learn how to use a weapon as soon as I can."

(OoC: Repair Light Damage: [roll0])

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-27, 09:34 PM
Casfal lets out a breath and takes 20 on a Concentration check to regain his psionic focus.

Resonance
2007-06-28, 12:22 AM
McCormick

McCormick raises his sight from the crossbow with a cool, cold, slow precision to stair 'through' the wounded man, "Is everyone ok?

(OCC - *acting* on the 20
If someone could PM me a link to the OOC post, and the link to the kothar stats so I can write up a sheet (when I have free time) so that I can get back 'in' to this game I'd appreciate it. As it is, its 12:20 and I'm up because the baby is up. )

Winged One
2007-06-28, 01:31 AM
Reread the post. If he can't move, he's helpless.
Achille
Achille raises the flaming axe high and cleaves right from the top his enemy's skull to his groin.

Coup de grace, beyotch! Power Attack -2(which means jack, because coup de graces are auto-hit).

[roll0]
[roll1]
If he somehow survives this much damage, he must make a fort save DC 10+damage(DC 104) or die.

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-28, 11:20 PM
[ This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39684) is the ooc thread, stats for the Kothar are in there. Glad to have you back! ;)]

The enemy mobile suit pilot is smote right the hell in twain, with the requisite gratuitous hosespray of boiling bodily fluids. The minotaur, revived by Wrench's potion, pushes himself into a sitting position.

"We have done it... my father is avenged... my comrades, I thank you."

"Yep, sure did a number on that guy awright," says the gnome sitting on top of Achilles' Kothar.

(No, don't bother asking where he came from, you didn't see, and he hasn't been there the whole time. Oh, and you all get 800 xp.)

Not a Paladin
2007-06-29, 01:05 AM
Ike d'Cannith

Hearing the gnome, Ike turns to face him. Failing to comprehend the sudden appearance of this creature, he promptly bangs his head against his Kothar's armour plating a couple times before asking him, "Who are you?"

Asmodeus
2007-06-29, 07:35 AM
Wrench

Wrench thanks Ike for the repairs, but looks concerned (as much as a warforged can show emotion at least) as he bangs his head against his own kothar.

"Be careful. You might damage the metal."

Winged One
2007-06-29, 01:12 PM
Achille
"Um...I think I'm going crazy." Achille says, unable to see the gnome on his head. "I'm hearing some, a, voice in my head."

Asmodeus
2007-06-29, 01:56 PM
Wrench

"Where do you usually hear them?" asks Wrench, slightly perplexed at humanoid anatomy.

Winged One
2007-06-29, 02:23 PM
Achille
"Um, I mean in my mind." explains Achille, who is somewhat used to the literal-mindedness of warforged.
The low-Wisdom comedy pair. We're here 'till Wednesday! Try the veal.

Asmodeus
2007-06-29, 02:26 PM
Achille
"Um, I mean in my mind." explains Achille, who is somewhat used to the literal-mindedness of warforged.
The low-Wisdom comedy pair. We're here 'till Wednesday! Try the veal.

Wrench

"I really must study humanoid anatomy more carefully. I thought your mind was in your head.

I also don't understand fashion. When did it become fashionable to 'wear' a gnome?"

Winged One
2007-06-29, 02:29 PM
Achille
"Ah, that's why I said in my head." Achille says. "Wait, what gnome?"

Asmodeus
2007-06-29, 02:37 PM
Achille
"Ah, that's why I said in my head." Achille says. "Wait, what gnome?"

Wrench

"The gnome on your head."

Winged One
2007-06-29, 02:40 PM
Achille

"Oh. Um...hi. Ah, you might want to get off of there; I'm going crazy." Achille says to the gnome, even though he can't see him.

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-29, 09:19 PM
The gnome pats Achille's kothar on the helmet. "It's okay, I'm quite used to dealing with crazy people. been one myself for quite some time."

He does a somersault and lands on the ground in front of the mobile suit, holding out his hand as if to shake.

"David's the name, David Daisilodavi Dargun Danoska Danaranaran Dilandou Danaira- wait, too long. Just call me The Gnome, everyone does."

The minotaur starts to laugh hysterically, but blood fountains out of his wound and he collapses, holding himself and intermingling groans of pain with involuntary giggles.

Not a Paladin
2007-06-29, 09:33 PM
Ike d'Cannith

Ike gets out of his Kothar and approaches David the gnome. "Well, good sir gnome, my name is Ike d'Cannith." He pauses for a moment. "Should I refer to you as 'The Gnome', or is 'Gnome' enough? Or were you just joking when you said that we should call you The Gnome?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-29, 11:40 PM
I am Casfal Markise. And how, exactly, did you get here?

Magnus_Samma
2007-06-30, 12:59 AM
The Gnome shakes Ike's hand enthusiastically and nods cordially to Casfal. "Call me whatever you like, gents, just don't call me late to dinner. As to how I've found you, well, I was actually looking for you, not to put to fine a point on it, and for those fine machines you're riding around in, to sharpen it to a needle. I'm kind of on loan from Zilargo to the Breland military, honorary Master Seargent of sorts, though my real job is to oversee the machines, and we were quite distressed, I can assure you, to lose these prototypes. Had real sentimental value, they did! But now I've found you and you young lads can return them to their rightful owners in return for a substantial reward."

He pauses, narrowing one eye just slightly in a not quite threatening but not entirely friendly manner.

"You WERE intending to return them to their rightful owners, I can only assume?"

Winged One
2007-06-30, 02:38 AM
Achille

"Um, yeah, we were. Er, but some warforged got the, ah, fifth one. Just, er, disappeared while we weren't paying, ah, attention. I don't think he, um, told us his name." Achille says. "Um, by the way, when did, er, Thrane declare war on Breland?" I'll be sorry to give up the chance to fight in one of these...

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-01, 02:13 PM
The Gnome somersaults onto the top of the Thrannish mobile suit, frowning down at it hugely.

"One prototype lost, eh? Well, there's not much we can do about it now, and there's only so much anyone can learn... at war with Thrane? Not officially. As near as we can tell, this little guy was an advanced scout of some kind that got a little too deep into our territory and decided to have a day of it. probably not officially sanctioned by their government. Of course, there's also been reports of skirmishes between Thrane and Karrnath, so if you ask me, it's only a matter of time... something's building up, apparently, and if you ask me it's getting close to breaking right open."

He rubs his hands together. "But I'll be darned if it doesn't look like we're prepared for it. Took out a Paladin all by your lonesomes with first generation Kothars... now that's either good or some kind of miracle. You boys looking for a job?"

Winged One
2007-07-01, 03:26 PM
Achille

"Karrnath! Th-that's where I used to live!" Achille says. "I-I have to help them!" If that guy was a paladin, or even genuinely believed in the Flame, then I'm Jaela frickin' Daran. Not important, I have to help somehow...I wonder if I can take on the rest of them all at once in this thing without hurting them...

A realatively low Sense Motive DC will reveal that Achille is giving serious consideration to a very stupid course of action. A moderately difficult one may reveal that the stupid thing he's considering doing is stealing his Kothar to give to Karrnath.

Asmodeus
2007-07-01, 06:47 PM
Wrench

Wrench immediately picks up on the 'Master Sargent of sorts' comment. Military hierarchy has been ingrained into his brain since he first stepped out of the creation forge. He also knew that Zilgaro and Breland had a long-standing alliance since the Last War, so the story sounded entirely plausible to Wrench.

"Master Sargent David, do you think you could tell me more about these creations, on our way to Wroat?"

Resonance
2007-07-02, 03:46 PM
McCormick

To Achille, "We'll help them in due time, these are proto-types. Think of what it will be like when we get the full version."

"So, Master Sergeant David The Gnome, what kind of reward do you have in mind? Riches, or something else... like say, a small percentage of payments to be had in return for advancing and proffering further the design and engineering of these fine machines." McCormick is clearly trying to get a deal together that will advance his house politically and financially.

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-02, 06:27 PM
The Gnome nods. "Don't be daft, lad. You couldn't do much to help Karrnath now that you'd have to w ade through Thrane in an outdated mobile suit to reach your homeland. But come with me, and I can show you what the glorious and now hiring Breland grand Army has to offer. I'm sure my superiors will be very interested in you lot, and anything you might have to offer them in return."

The minotaur, meanwhile, has slipped away when nobody was looking, apparently returned to his forest home. But he has left behind his gigantic axe- apparently as a thank you for the help in settling his score.

Winged One
2007-07-02, 06:53 PM
Achille

Achille considers The Gnome's words. I can't take on guys in mechanoids like that one alone, at least not more than one at a time... "...okay. But, um, there were 5 of us and only one of him, and he...where'd he go?" He now notices that the minotaur is gone, since he was about to point at him.

Asmodeus
2007-07-02, 08:25 PM
Wrench

"Ahem."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-03, 08:23 AM
Achille

"Karrnath! Th-that's where I used to live!" Achille says. "I-I have to help them!" If that guy was a paladin, or even genuinely believed in the Flame, then I'm Jaela frickin' Daran. Not important, I have to help somehow...I wonder if I can take on the rest of them all at once in this thing without hurting them...

A realatively low Sense Motive DC will reveal that Achille is giving serious consideration to a very stupid course of action. A moderately difficult one may reveal that the stupid thing he's considering doing is stealing his Kothar to give to Karrnath.

((Sense Motive [roll0]))

Casfal eyes Achille's mobile suit pensively.

To the gnome, Casfal says, The Brelish Army, you say? I'd be quite interested in that, but could you tell us more?

Asmodeus
2007-07-03, 08:26 AM
{OOC: that 'Ahem' was wrench prodding the gnome to answer the question. This is me prodding the DM to prod the gnome to acknowledge my character's question.}

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-03, 01:40 PM
The Gnome glances around at the assembled suits. "Oh, I can answer all your questions, lads, but we best get moving. This gentleman's friends might be coming after him, and we'd best avoid that, eh?"

He leaps atop of Wrench's Kothar and strikes a dramatic pose.

"Just head due west, and we should arrive at Wroat shortly after nightfall. As for the army and these fine machines, well, what else would you like to know? I can give you the basics- the things have been in development for quite a while now, since the last days of the war, though that ended before they could be put into production. Even when they first let Zilargo into the process, though, they had awfully detailed schematics and spells ready for the workin', which makes me think either they were workin' on the technology long before they invited us into it, or they got their baseline schematics from somewhere else. It's been more or less confirmed now that Thrane and Karrnath both have virtually identical weapons at their disposal, so I'm starting to suspect the latter... Breland's been developing the things with an eye towards construction work, but the military applications were obvious, so we've been spending a hefty amount of time on that... remind me to show you the Adduran when we get the chance, that thing's a work of art and no mistake. Of course, this incident here's gonna change a great deal- the army'll be recruitin' like mad again, and the budget and schedules for development of new armor will be pushed up for sure if the other nations have the same things. If I know the king he'll push for a diplomatic solution to any conflict that's brewin' but Thrane ain't known for backing down when they've got their hackles up, and you'll excuse me young sir, but neither is Karrnath. No telling how this is going to turn out."

Asmodeus
2007-07-03, 03:08 PM
Wrench

Wrench waits for someone who knows which direction is west to begin leading before he falls into step.

"There was some mention of the schematics for these creations being stolen, I believe." he says to the Gnome.

"The Adduran is another machine like these?

How do you make them? I don't suppose modifications to existing models are possible?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-03, 03:21 PM
I'd be quite interested in seeing the Adduran. Casfal says, heading to the west. But something bothers me. If these units are as obsolete as you say, then why is it so urgent that they be brought to Wroat?

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-04, 04:44 PM
The Gnome sits himself down and chats with Wrench as they travel.

"Someone told you the schematics had been stolen from somewhere? That's interesting. Who let that tidb it out? And yes, the Adduran is another machine like these... in the same sense that a finely wrought greatsword infused with the mystical power of a god is a weapon like a sharpened rock. years beyond the Kothar in terms of design, but then, so are the production models. Those are the ones you'd be piloting, I'll show you them in some detail when I get the chance. Quite proud of the little beauties. Construction is fairly simple, though that's not to say it's easy- the complexity and power of the physical armor itself goes a long way towards determining how powerful magics can be cast onto it, like the way a more masterfully crafted sword can be enchanted in ways that a cheaply produced one could not. The bulk of our research has been in refining the base armors, though the magetechs have taken great strides in developing the spell formulae. That's the engines of the thing, what makes them go. And it is tricky to do right, we've only got a few dozen wizards and artificers who are capable of casting all the spells neccessary to finish these things, and they're being worked to death as it is. That being said, they're always eager to try their hands at customizing existing models, so if you wanted to sit down and talk to a few of them I imagine they could put your ideas to good use."

He smiles at Casfal's question. "Ah, you're a smart one. Yes, the Kothars themselves are of little tactical importance... but the fact of their mere existence is still a closely guarded secret to most of Breland, and up until now to the rest of Khorvaire. If it is at all possible to keep the secret for a short while longer, then it would behoove use to attempt to do so, don't you think?"

Winged One
2007-07-04, 05:54 PM
Achille
When nobody answers his question about where the minotaur went, Achille justs takes the axe he left behind and hoists it over his shoulder as they go. "Um...the guy we killed said they were stolen, but, ah, he was crazy, so I don't, er, think we should believe him." Achille answer's David's question.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-04, 10:12 PM
He smiles at Casfal's question. "Ah, you're a smart one. Yes, the Kothars themselves are of little tactical importance... but the fact of their mere existence is still a closely guarded secret to most of Breland, and up until now to the rest of Khorvaire. If it is at all possible to keep the secret for a short while longer, then it would behoove use to attempt to do so, don't you think?"

Casfal shrugs. If other nations already have access to the same baseline schematics that these Kothars are based on, I don't see what their continued secrecy will gain King Boranel.

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-04, 10:41 PM
"Mostly King Boranel is hoping that Karrnath and Thrane are the only other nations that have access to mobile suit technology, because if every military force on the continent suddenly starts fielding the things, we're in trouble..."

Winged One
2007-07-04, 10:54 PM
Achille

If I can do stuff like this in what he says are the weakest mechanoids in existance, a fully trained student of the Bright Annis would probably be able to take on an entire army by themselves in a production model! Instead of just bragging that they could while they're supposed to be training. And somehow just getting a smirk when she catches them at it. Thinks Achille, who never really has understood what being a warblade means.

Asmodeus
2007-07-05, 08:10 AM
Wrench

"What about the Treaty of Thronehold? Aren't the nations at peace now? Why are they trying to build more weapons if there is no more war?"

Not a Paladin
2007-07-05, 11:56 AM
Ike d'Cannith

"Just because two nations are at peace on paper doesn't mean that they have ceased all hostile activities towards each other. All it means is that there is legal documentation saying that the nations are at peace," replies Ike at Wrench's question. "It is actually quite likely that each nation has been preparing for another war since the day the Treaty of Thronehold was signed."

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-05, 12:45 PM
"Aye, just because the nations say they desire peace, there's no reason to take 'em at face value. Beyond that, there's more military powers in Khorvaire than those who signed the treaty. There'll always be monsters and anomalous threats to our way of life, not to mention rumors of fell beasts within the mournlands or other remote places. There's always a need to be prepared to defend yourself. We'd just been hoping that the next threat wouldn't come from another civilized nation... guess that didn't work out as well as we'd hoped."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-05, 12:52 PM
The fools, Casfal says harshly. King Galifar must be rolling in his grave, seeing what's become of Khorvaire.

Asmodeus
2007-07-05, 01:00 PM
Wrench

Wrench gives a confused look to Casfal. "I thought he was dead? How could he roll over? If he's still alive in a grave somewhere, I think we should make it our top priority to find King Galifar and reunite the kingdom under his rule!"

Wrench has a few daydreams of grandeur, and bringing the king back safely at the head of a parade.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-05, 02:42 PM
Wrench

Wrench gives a confused look to Casfal. "I thought he was dead? How could he roll over? If he's still alive in a grave somewhere, I think we should make it our top priority to find King Galifar and reunite the kingdom under his rule!"

Casfal shakes his head. King Galifar is dead, and he can't really roll over. It's just an expression we flash-and-bloods use; when we say someone would roll over in his grave if he could see or know what was going on, it means that he would disapprove strongly of whatever is going on. He regards Wrench's Kothar thoughtfully. On the other hand, it would be nice if one of his descendants had the courage and the fortitude to follow his example, wouldn't it? The question isn't really addressed to anyone in particular.

Winged One
2007-07-05, 02:50 PM
Achille

King Kaius has worked the hardest for peace of all those who signed the Treaty! He wouldn't prepare for another war except a defensive one! Achille thinks, though he keeps his mouth shut. When Casfal asks his odd question, he says doubtfully, "Um...sure, if you could find a real one."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-05, 02:58 PM
What do you mean, "if you could find a real one"? The current royal families can all trace their bloodlines back to Galifar.

Winged One
2007-07-05, 03:06 PM
Achille

"Oh, right...um, I thought you meant a real one who would, ah, actually want to rule the continent instead of, er, just their part of it. And wouldn't, ah, make it really bad for everyone they rule."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-05, 03:08 PM
Casfal chuckles humorlessly. Ah, yes. That is the problem, isn't it.

Resonance
2007-07-05, 07:02 PM
McCormick

Takes all of the talking and polite banter in. He decides to search the wreckage/corpse of their 'kill' before moving on with the others.

[roll0]

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-06, 10:58 AM
The Gnome seems content to go along for the ride, for the moment, quietly taking in the conversation and watching the pilots thoughtfully. McCormick finds little enough in the ruined mech besides a duffel bag filled with personal effects, including a few changes of clothes, some trinkets of minor monetary value, and what appears to be a small portrait of an elderly man wearing silver clerical robes. The fallen knight is also wearing a longsword of excellent quality.

Winged One
2007-07-06, 07:29 PM
Achille

"Um...Master Sergent the Gnome? How come you, ah, called the guy we killed a paladin? Aren't they supposed to be, er, not murderous psychos that kill people for stupid reasons?"

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-07, 01:32 AM
"Actually, lad, I haven't the slightest idea who that maniac was. But as near as we've been able to determine 'paladin' is the codename for that particular mobile suit model. ... rather confusing, isn't it?"

Winged One
2007-07-07, 01:37 AM
Achille

"Er...no, it makes sense that something, ah, designed in Thrane would have a, um, pretentious name like that, actually."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-07, 08:24 PM
((Are there going to be any more encounters, or can we fast-forward to Wroat?))

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-07, 11:08 PM
(I was hoping someone would say that, actually. Anyone object to fast-forwarding, speak now or forever hold your pieces.)

Asmodeus
2007-07-08, 12:58 PM
(I was hoping someone would say that, actually. Anyone object to fast-forwarding, speak now or forever hold your pieces.)

{OOC: Fine with me. How many days travel do we have? I'll be using the time when I'm awake and the rest are asleep for crafting purposes.}

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-09, 01:42 PM
After another day and a night of travel, during which there are doubtless many interesting and revealing conversations, the group makes it out of the forest, and soon Wroat is within sight.

The approaching mobile suits have apparently been spotted- two streamlined objects shriek through the sky overhead, circle once or twice, and then veer back towards the city. The Gnome frowns as he looks up at the performance.

"They're deploying them during the day, now... that's not a good sign..."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-09, 06:58 PM
What are those units called? Casfal looks up as well.

Winged One
2007-07-09, 07:02 PM
Achille

Achille silently looks up at the mechanoids in wonder and envy.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-09, 09:47 PM
Casfal clears his throat.

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-09, 11:53 PM
"We call them 'windriders'... not mechanical units so much as... well, flying machines, really. Not nearly as well armored or as flexible as a flying mobile suit would be, but much cheaper, and far more practical."

The gates open as they near the city, and a number of soldiers file out. One man wearing a captain's insignia looks up at them with a little trepidation in his eyes. "Uh, hello Sargeant David. Have any trouble retrieving the units?"

"Nope, got me some volunteers. Go fetch their bounties and some comission papers just in case. I'm gonna take them to the hangar."

The Captain swallows and nods. The gates are pulled shut behind the Kothars as they enter the city, and The Gnome directs them towards an extremely large building near the center of town.

Not a Paladin
2007-07-10, 12:26 AM
Ike d'Cannith

Looking at the windriders as they move overhead, Ike comments to himself, "Amazing. I would never have imagined that such magnificent airships could be made." He considers how useful these sorts of vehicles could be in combat as the group enters the city.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-10, 01:16 AM
Casfal directs his suit towards the building the Gnome is indicating.

Winged One
2007-07-10, 01:30 AM
Achille

"So, ah, they're personal transport models, not, er, combat models." Achille says when the Gnome describes the suits. As he follows Sergent David, he asks "Um, how come he looked so scared of us?"

Magnus_Samma
2007-07-10, 12:42 PM
"Ooooohhhh no, they're used for combat too. It's not their specialty, and they can't do much against a current generation mobile suit, but they can absolutely tear up most conventional opponents."

The Gnome looks down at Achille and smirks. "Oh, the rank and file are still getting used to the mobile suits, and their pilots... for some reason they tend to be a little... eccentric... Ah, here we are."

The large building features a door more than large enough for a Kothar to enter, and it soon become apparent why- the mammoth building is a parking space for upwards of two dozen mobile suits, the smallest of which are easily another ten feet taller than the Kothars the party is using. The Gnome smiles and rubs his hands together.

"And these are the production models I was telling you about. Park the old and busteds over yonder and I'll let you get a look at the new hotness."

Asmodeus
2007-07-10, 12:47 PM
"And these are the production models I was telling you about. Park the old and busteds over yonder and I'll let you get a look at the new hotness."

Wrench

"Sir, if the new models have heat problems, perhaps they should fix those before you allow us to use them?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-07-10, 12:48 PM
Casfal parks the Kothar to the side, unbukles himself, and climbs out. What are these units called, Sergeant? he asks as he walks across the hangar floor to look up at the production models.

Asmodeus
2007-07-11, 09:16 AM
Wrench

Wrench heads over to the newer units, and examines them. He's curious what types of weaponry and defenses are available, as well as any other valuable information he can determine.

[roll0] +7 for total of 25.
[roll1] Ignore this. I don't have know arcana.

{OOC: What is our XP supposed to be right now?}