PDA

View Full Version : XYKON'S ROY'S FATHER AND HALEY'S HIS SISTER (spoiler)

Begle1
2007-04-03, 11:05 PM
Anybody else find the use of (Spoiler) tags after stating a spoiler in the title somewhat anachronistic? :smallwink:

Assassinfox
2007-04-03, 11:06 PM
So, wait. Is Haley Xykon's sister or Roy's sister?

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-03, 11:08 PM
Yay! We have some spam! Woo! Do the spam dance!

Rainspattered
2007-04-03, 11:10 PM
So, wait. Is Haley Xykon's sister or Roy's sister?
Xykon's. He's the subject of the sentance, so that's how I'd assume the pronoun refers to, anyway. That'd be pretty cool. Both Elan and Haley would end up with an evil brother in law.

Legendary
2007-04-03, 11:12 PM
That's a complicated family tree...

Assassinfox
2007-04-03, 11:13 PM
Xykon's. He's the subject of the sentance, so that's how I'd assume the pronoun refers to, anyway. That'd be pretty cool. Both Elan and Haley would end up with an evil brother in law.

So how old does that make Haley? :smalleek:

Rainspattered
2007-04-03, 11:18 PM
So how old does that make Haley? :smalleek:
Old enough :smallwink: ! SCOOOOOORE!

NeonRonin
2007-04-03, 11:27 PM
Um, this theory isn't exactly possible. In the first story arc, right after Xykon got blown up and was confined to his phylactery(strip #117), he says "I haven't been alive in 30 years, but I'm not dead yet".

According to the data I've scrounged together, Roy is 28 years old. So Skullhead can't be his father unless he made up some weird 'Create Heir' spell in his spare time(which I honestly can't imagine Xykon doing; what'd be the point?)

As for the theory that Xykon is Haley's brother... I'm not sure how old Xykon was when he became a lich, but Haley wasn't even born till at least six years after. Albeit, they could be siblings from different mothers, but in that one flashback showing Haley at 15(as Dark Mistress Shadowgale), her dad didn't look that old. Of course, this being a stick figure comic, details can be deceiving...

My point? Even if the Haley part is semiplausible, I'm not buying this theory. It's interesting, but I can't logically accept it. Good try, though. :smallsmile:

Jade_Tarem
2007-04-03, 11:41 PM
Er, what? Then what about the panel with Roy's dad and Xykon in it?

Legendary
2007-04-03, 11:53 PM
Er, what? Then what about the panel with Roy's dad and Xykon in it?
*clamps his mouth shut and tries to resist saying SO many things that would be SO inappropriate for the forums*

I like this theory so much. Not because it's plausible, but because it's a gold mine.

Demented
2007-04-04, 12:12 AM

Yet, Haley is the subject of the latter clause, leading one to believe it could very well be saying that Haley is Roy's sister.

Which would be oh-so-very Star-Wars-rip-off-ish.

Though, Haley being Xykon's little sister is much more plausible (niece even more plausible!).

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-04, 12:19 AM
Need help with final boss (Quaestor Verus).

I defy anyone to name what subject I'm referencing, let alone the specific message board.

Cybren
2007-04-04, 12:34 AM
hey guys guess what? none of that is a spoiler. It's a fan speculation.
Seeing as near the entirety of order of the stick is on the website nothing except stuff in the books is even worth of a spoiler tag in my opinion.

Legendary
2007-04-04, 12:38 AM
There's a reason we do that, though, Cybren. I'd have thought someone who has been here for a year would know by now.

Cybren
2007-04-04, 12:40 AM
There's also a reason why people do lots of things that aren't very useful.

Deepblue706
2007-04-04, 12:40 AM
Apparently, he doesn't know, Legendary - so why don't you explain it to him instead of being a snicker-doodle?

Legendary
2007-04-04, 12:48 AM
First: I'm sorry if I came off as rude. It's REALLY late where I am, and I didn't sleep very well this previous night.

Now: A thread marked with "Spoiler" is for the convience of the Giant Himself. It's so he doesn't come across someone guessing what will happen correctly and feel like he has to change the plot.

For this reason, spoiler threads should be specific enough so we know what the poster will talk about (ie, Durkon's Death, spoilers) but not TOO specific (Nale will glue a goatee to Elan! (spoilers))

This is what this thread was formed for, complaining when people post things in the topic title that make the spoiler warning redundant.

And now, to bed for me.

Cybren
2007-04-04, 12:51 AM
Yeah this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6468) is why. Basically it's because the giant is afraid people will spoil it by out thinking him or something.

Begle1
2007-04-04, 02:48 AM
Yay! We have some spam! Woo! Do the spam dance!

I'd say "SPAM" is a bit harsh...

But really I just wanted to call you an elitist snob jerk. :smalltongue:

factotum
2007-04-04, 03:54 AM
I think someone's been watching Lost too much. :smallsmile:

Roland St. Jude
2007-04-04, 01:30 PM
Sheriff: Trolling + Insults = Locked.