PDA

View Full Version : The Cell of Aeroste

Pages : [1] 2

copycatcat
2015-01-27, 09:10 PM
For thee among the planes, the many planes, who felt a strong power come to you in the night, and woke up in the darkness, you can feel the bars of your cell.

You wake up all within five minutes of each of the others. After the last wakes, you hear a strange muttering, and then there is light.

esorscher
2015-01-27, 10:26 PM
"I, DRAGOK, DEMAND FREEDOM," Dragok calls out in a tremendous roar. Imprisonment is not a state he is found of. He spreads his wings wide as he bellows, then grips the bars, shaking them with all his might. The planar transfer seems to have sapped some of his normally considerable strength from him.

Strength: [roll0]

JBarca
2015-01-28, 12:13 AM
"Oh, for... Quit your shouting. None of us wants it." The being speaking is a humanoid-shaped figure, though his human heritage is difficult to see. His flesh is entirely made of a woodlike substance, a deep brown and covered with knots and twists. The hair on his head is thick and broad, nearly leaf-like. Thin claws extend from his fingers, and his faces is elongated into a brutal-looking snout. A thick tusk-like protrusion juts forth from either side of his mouth, curving upward in a brutal, serrated arc. The teeth and claws are darker and shiny, thorn-like. His his green eyes are pronounced and too far from each other. His bare chest is covered with scars. A thick, green, woolen kilt covers his lower body to his knees.

He shakes he head, then leans against the bars to wait for others to wake up. Surely one of them will be able to break everyone free?

manwithaplan
2015-01-28, 02:09 AM
For one who had not slept in a hundred years, gripped by paranoia and kept standing by negative energy, waking up was quite a strange feeling. One who sees in the dark yet finds themselves surrounded by blackness, some strange old feeling slowing their wits to a crawl as they come out of a slumber, couldn't help but be intimidated. It wasn't something Savus was used to, and it wasn't at all something he enjoyed.

"What treachery is this?" He muttered, his neck turning about as he analysed his surroundings.

"Kharaksus!" He called, holding out an open palm. His bat familiar would reveal itself in a moment, coming out from its hiding place in his cloak and placing itself on his hand.

Firstly I will look around the cell, taking in my condition and surroundings with help from Darkvision.

Then I will attempt to call my Familiar.

Moonwolf727
2015-01-28, 05:28 AM
Anna awoke to a dark cell and the sound of enraged screaming which carried a sentiment she found she agreed with on a primal level, once her face stopped being sore from how she had been laying at least. Checking that she still had her things, bag, rapier, and dress-armor, her mood grew steadily worse. The anxiety of her distance from the forest and her outrage at being tossed, she suspected quite literally, in a prison cell, which she knew from memory were for bad people was just making her more and more petulant as she sourly kicked a stray pebble.

Which is when she decided to join the dragon-man in screaming. "AAAAAH!!! LET ME OUT!, YOU CAN'T KEEP ME HERE!"
From there her protests devolved into inarticulate noise.

copycatcat
2015-01-28, 03:29 PM
OOC: You have all equipment you would have on your person midcombat.

After the yells of some of the group and Dragok shaking the bars weakly and failing to free you, your eyes adjust to the light. You see three human men, a wooden door, the iron wall behind you, three brick walls and a brick ceiling. One of the men carries a longsword, one two shortswords, and one a quarterstaff. You also see a lever which anyone could tell lifts the bars of the cell. Other than this, though, the room is plain.

Nothing comes to the strangely pale human's hand.

The longsword wielded shouts some gibberish, and you find your shoutings no longer make any noise.

Dread_Head
2015-01-28, 03:32 PM
Bast wakes up to the sounds of people shouting and shaking the cage bars. He takes in his surroundings then stands up and gracefully flits to the cage bars.

"Ughh, that must have been some crazy night, where are we?" He asks the others trapped in the cage with him.

Bast looks around the cage and the surrounding area. "Is anyone here, I don't take kindly to being locked up" he calls out before muttering and gesturing to cast a spell then scanning the surroundings.

Spot: [roll0] to see anyone hiding in the dark.
Then casts detect magic and scans the surroundings.

copycatcat
2015-01-28, 03:36 PM
Bast shouts too late and is drowned out by the spell. You hear none of his words, except "Uggh.".

Other than your fellow cellmate's equipment, the weapons carried by your captors, the only magical thing in the room is a strong abjuration spell effect covering the whole thing.

Sønderjye
2015-01-28, 04:17 PM
The first thing he noticed was that the bed had suddenly got harder and colder. Much more uncomfortable. Argh! a cloacked short figure says and covers his ears with his hands, hearing the roar. He feels a mild headache and definitely did not expect this to happen when he went to sleep. Tapping on the floor reveals that this is indeed not his bed. He sits up and looking around he feels some faint familarity to this place, or at least a place that resembles it a lot.
At Anna's shouting his hands returns to his ears and he feels a vein pumping uncomfortably loud in his head. It felt like a blanket covered his ears and then all was nice and quite.

The halfling then gets to his feet and tries to push his hands through the bars. Does there appear to be something that's blocking them?

esorscher
2015-01-28, 06:16 PM
Dragok attempts to identify the actions of the longsword-wielder, but continues his assault on the cage bars.

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Know Arcana: [roll1]
Strength: [roll2]

copycatcat
2015-01-29, 06:36 AM
Nothing stops the halfling from putting his hands anywhere.

You haven't learned of any spell to suggest this would be anything but your average, everyday Silence, and nothing you learn about it contradicts this.

manwithaplan
2015-01-29, 06:54 AM
As what seemed to be a Silence spell took effect, Savus looked around in confusion. For what purpose was he in here, trapped with inferiors and at the mercy of fools? His familiar was stripped from him, and he felt no connection to his thrall nor his master, with the latter at least being some comfort to him. Nevertheless, he would not be made to look weak by another. He stood and focused himself, reaching within to take hold of his dark power. He attempted to unfold his body, letting it dissipate into a cloud of dark gas which proceeded to move forward, gliding through the cell.

Going to attempt to activate Gaseous Form and fly outwards, through the bars.

copycatcat
2015-01-29, 03:31 PM
Nothing stops him from leaving the cell.

The longsword wielder dispels the gaseous form, then the other two attack the vampire.

The archer misses, but the double wielder hits twice, for 5 and 7 damage.

Sønderjye
2015-01-29, 07:14 PM
Seing the distraction the halfling pushes his hands through the bars and tries to open the lock from within.

burning an inspiration, open lock 1d20+19

copycatcat
2015-01-29, 07:24 PM
The bars have no lock to pick, just the lever.

Against Dragok's assault, one of the bars breaks off, but the others remain intact. It's enough space for a halfling, but noone else.

esorscher
2015-01-29, 07:26 PM
"Get out there, Half-man." Dragok says, turning his attention to the next bar over.

Strength: [roll0]

copycatcat
2015-01-29, 07:29 PM
Another bar breaks.

You are shot. Savus is attacked some more.(will roll now)

Sønderjye
2015-01-29, 07:35 PM
He's not entirely sure what a half-man is but he felt fairly sure that he currently was whole.
He runs out throug the hole and pulls the lever.

copycatcat
2015-01-29, 07:39 PM
The bars open.

The archer shoots Dragok twice and misses Dragok twice. The dual-wielder and the caster flank Savus, getting in one hit with longsword and one with shortsword, for 10 damage each.

All of you act now for a round.

esorscher
2015-01-29, 08:00 PM
Dragok pounces on the nearest enemy, claws and teeth a flash and whir.

Pounce--full attack on charge.

Primary Claw:
[roll0]; [roll1]
[roll2]; [roll3]

Secondary Claw:
[roll4]; [roll5]
[roll6]; [roll7]

Secondary Bite:
[roll8]; [roll9]
[roll10]; [roll11]

JBarca
2015-01-29, 11:49 PM
Throm rolls his shoulders and steps out of the cage, pulling out a length of hardwood as he does so. He stops, glaring at the guards, and utters an incantation, running his hands up and down the length of the staff.

Move Action: Leave Cage
Standard Action: Cast Shillelagh on Quarterstaff.

Moonwolf727
2015-01-30, 02:57 AM
Anna is unused to combat where there are more people on her side than just herself, but it isn't something she's going to pass up. Her shouting having ceased it stopped making real noise, Anna draws her rapier in two hands and makes a standing leap for the nearest vulnerable opponent, the one who forcefully shut her up less than a minute ago.

Enter a Rage (ferocity)
Charging the Caster, with jump check: [roll0]
Power attack for 7, using rapier to make it a touch attack.
Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]+[roll3]

Sønderjye
2015-01-30, 05:18 AM
The halfling rolls on the other side of one of the guards and shoot his dagger into his knee. No more adventuring for him.

Move: Tumble [roll0]
Expending one Inspiration point on getting int to attack, expending another to get int to damage.
Expending all other on SNEAK ATTACK for a total of 7d6
Attack: [roll1] with damage [roll2] and SA: [roll3]

manwithaplan
2015-01-30, 05:40 AM
Savus raised an eyebrow as his transformation was reversed by one of his captors.

"Well, thank you, though I could have done th--" He was cut off as the first arrow whizzed by and combat began, attackers suddenly moving around him. This was not at all how he liked to do things, but so be it. As the rest of the prisoners escaped one after the other, the vampire found himself between two of his three foes, batting him about with weapons that were more annoying than anything else. He stepped around, making sure he was only facing one of them before he let his dark power channel through him again, this time attempting to grip the mind of his foe.

5-Foot Stepping Diagonally so that I'm adjacent to the Dual Wielder and more than 5 feet away from the Caster, then using my Gaze Attack on the former. DC 24 Will Save or be Dominated.

Swordy McCaster as well as anyone else within 30 feet (including my allies!) will have to make Will Saves on their next turns as well or fall under the effect, with a 50% chance of instant evasion if they are smart enough to avert their eyes from a vampire. No, I'm not trying to enslave the party, I will continue to let them act as they were if they fail their saves. I'm just trying to nab the other two guys as well.

Edit: Oh, and in case you missed it in the OOC, I was asking about whether or not the damage you rolled against me was taking Damage Reduction 10/Magic and Silver into account. If not, I have not been hurt so far.

copycatcat
2015-01-30, 07:42 AM
By the end of your onslaught, with none of you missing a single attack, all the guards are dead.

Manwithaplan: Due to them dying before Davis gazed, I'm assuming he no longer uses it?

3SecondCultist
2015-01-30, 08:25 AM
"A prayer for their souls." The last man in the cell could hardly be called a man at all. Over six feet tall, covered in glittering armor, the being of golden hair and golden eyes stands up from where he has been sitting in the corner of the cell. Unfurling his massive angelic wings, he steps towards the fallen guards and whispers something under his breath.

Antaeus isn't rightly sure how long he has been sitting here. His own quarters back home don't look all that different. His mind has been far afield, and only the sounds of nearby battle have brought him back to his senses. Once he has finished his litany, the celestial is the first through the opening. He takes a moment to look back at the others - the two feral humans, the beautiful one with the butterfly wings, the dragonkin, and what looks suspiciously like a vampire. Why are they all here, with him?

"So... this seems like the beginning of a bad joke." The golden man smiles easily, gesturing outside the confinement of the cells, as though inviting them out to tea.

manwithaplan
2015-01-30, 08:46 AM
copycatcat: Yeah, that won't be necessary, obviously.

"Or perhaps...the beginning of a new chapter," Savus said, raising his palm and staring at it as he stood around the dead fighters. He clenched his fingers into a fist, feeling something he hadn't felt in a hundred years. Freedom. No longer was his master's constant oppression looming over him. He was free to do as he pleased in this place.

"Nevertheless, it was excellent fighting alongside you all. Perhaps we should remain allied for some time longer to explore the rest of this building?" he asked, stepping towards the door with a hand reaching for the handle. He had no intention of leaving this place until after dark, if it wasn't already, and so he could afford to perform some interior exploration.

esorscher
2015-01-30, 10:01 AM
"Fine by me," Dragok says. "Whoever put me in a cage is going to pay," He holds up a fist, snarling menacingly. "I am going to kill them," he adds, with no subtlety.

Sønderjye
2015-01-30, 10:01 AM
He's confused about what's going on. He doesn't remember anything and yet so many things seems familiar. He looks as his hands and is suprised that he was able to fight that well, he doesn't have any memories of why that is. And why did everyone talk like this was some kind of story?

Hold on the halfling steps a couple of steps back with a suspecious look in his eyes, Who are you people and why am I here? What happened?

Dread_Head
2015-01-30, 10:09 AM
Bast steps forward out through the bars of the cell. Where was he, what is this place? It doesn't look familiar.

"I am called Bast, I last remember travelling in the Underdark. Do any of you know why we're here? Or even where here is?"

He too approaches the door but pauses before opening it. "You all seem competent in a fight, I think perhaps we should stick together until we find out what happened to us."

esorscher
2015-01-30, 10:15 AM
"I am Dragok," Dragok says. He also doesn't know where he is or why he is there, but he doesn't need to.

manwithaplan
2015-01-30, 10:48 AM
"None of us are truly sure of our circumstances, my friend," Savus said, smiling with feigned friendliness.

"Perhaps some sort of Plane Shift. Nonetheless, I can claim from experience that many strange things happen to men like us, and at some point you'll do well to simply accept them and get to work on a solution. This resolve is what keeps us alive."

Sønderjye
2015-01-30, 11:36 AM
Men like us? the halfling asks, still suspecious but less so.

copycatcat
2015-01-30, 12:04 PM
After Bast opens the door, you all see the outdoors. Outside is a road, and across it from this building is a straw hut, with a wooden sign proclaiming, "Wofeld Inn." Because it isn't too large a door, you can't see much else, but you can tell it was built upon a plains.

esorscher
2015-01-30, 12:10 PM
"That's it?" Dragok asks, confused. A building with a single cell, three guards, and for what? He goes back inside and searches the guard corpses for anything of value, as well as any indication of who they were working for.

copycatcat
2015-01-30, 12:12 PM
They each have a chain shirt, robes which seem foreign to you, and their weapons, nothing else.

esorscher
2015-01-30, 12:15 PM
Dragok strips them of their weapons and armor, and leaves their naked bodies in the cell, then returns to the doorway and walks out into the street. He looks around to see what else and who else is in the area besides the Inn.

copycatcat
2015-01-30, 12:21 PM
It appears to be a small hamlet, with about twenty homes, a blacksmith's hut, a general store, and a brewery. If you turn around, you see that behind you, instead of the building you just exited, appears to be a witch's hut, professing to offer potionbrewing and fortunetelling services. Commoners roam throughout the street as they would in any village. The road goes both directions past the village.

JBarca
2015-01-30, 04:37 PM
The tusked man sighs as the foe drop before he can join in the melee.
"No one knows why? Fine. Let's leave. Hate this place."

He turns and walks through the door, then halts.

"Where is..."

He puts his hands to his mouth and yells, "GROLPIN! GROLPIN, COME HERE YOU GREAT BEAST!"

Dread_Head
2015-01-30, 05:03 PM
Bast walks outside then flies up into the sky to get an aerial perspective on the area. Then he descends again to join the others as they leave the building.

OOC: What does the surrounding area look like?

Sønderjye
2015-01-30, 06:24 PM
He's a little annoyed by the crowd ignoring his question but decides that he might as well stick along. He looks for a badge or other kind of clues to who the guards were serving before leaving.
Search: [roll0]

manwithaplan
2015-01-30, 08:09 PM
Stepping out into the sunlight, Savus fought an urge to shiver. One of the group started yelling at the sky, and another was flying about, so he supposed his discontent towards the sun above didn't seem too out of place.

"Come, let us move on, we can work this all out later," he said, his smooth tone and natural charisma faded as he said whatever came to mind to justify his sudden movement. He began walking with no lack of haste, traversing the road as fast as he could without looking like he was in a hurry towards the building named Wofeld Inn. He reached forward and passed straight through the door after opening it if he was able, hoping to get inside and away from that damn light.

Moonwolf727
2015-01-31, 07:08 AM
Anna introduces herself to the others tersely, merely stating her name "Anna." After that she wipes her rapier off on her dress and tries to furtively remain near Dragok once they have emerged out into the street. She also scans the horizon for any sign of a forest.

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 06:20 PM
No beast comes to Throm's call.

To the left road is much road, then a forest. To the right is much road, then another town, then mountains. All other directions show a long plains.

The halfling finds that Dragok has, indeed, left them completely and totally naked.

Savus is in the inn. The first floor is a normal tavern, with a barkeep, a bouncer, tables, and plenty of drink. A staircase leads to the rooms above.

There is a forest far to the left of the town.

In reaction to all this, the townsfolk murmur quietly, and a few orcs leave on horseback east, or right facing outward of the cell. Nothing else is done.

esorscher
2015-01-31, 06:41 PM
Dragok looks from the Witches Hut, to the Inn, then up and down the street. Then he opens the door to the Witches Hut and walks in. He looks around, and if he sees someone, says, "I am Dragok. Who are you, and what is this place?"

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 06:58 PM
The hut consists of a small counter, which an ogrish woman is behind, and many shelves of potions and empty glass vials. The woman cries, "This is a witch's hut. I brew potions. Can you not read?"

manwithaplan
2015-01-31, 07:00 PM
Savus sensed the concern of the locals, and it worried him. Wherever he was, he had found an excellent base of operations. Even in the daytime, he could move about here with ease. There were many buildings serving many purposes, and he could simply leave his turned victims to run it as they had before. While humble, it would be an excellent foothold in this plane, making the rest of his time here easier. Indeed, this would be a good thing to do, but first he needed the trust of his future thralls.

"Bartender!" He called as he reached the counter, speaking loud enough that many would turn their heads to listen in. He reached into a pouch on his belt, withdrawing a gold piece while his other hand went in to take out more, ruffling them about so people could hear the abundant contents.

"I travel from afar. Is this coin legal tender here?"

He began to summon his possessive powers again, asserting his dominance over all who looked his way. Assuming the bartender agreed with him, either because he was correct or because he had been enslaved and would say whatever Savus wanted, the Vampire would turn and call to the entire tavern.

"Well, drinks for everyone on the newcomer! Come on, I won't bite!" He yelled, a fake grin on his face.

Activating the Gaze again, this time without a target so everyone within 30 feet has to make the save on the beginning of their turn. 50% Chance of automatic success if they avert their eyes, but even if they know what I am, I doubt many of them are savvy enough to do that. Also using Diplomacy and a bit of Gold to make those who save or anyone more than 30 feet away a bit happier.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 07:21 PM
A half-orc in priestly robes yells, "Don't look at this man!" Everyone in the inn, except the bartender, averts their eyes. You catch about half of the people, including neither the half-orc nor the bartender, and the bartender, a human, replies, "We deal with gold on its weight sir, not its coinage. However, since my former colleague when I worked with the Church of Solinss has taught me what that shout means, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place." The half of the commoners who were successful in dodging their gaze run upstairs or outside, the last one out shutting the door. The half you now command stand in their places, bewildered. The bartender reaches across the table to stab you with his silvered glaive, dealing 11 and 12 damage. The half-orc casts a spell, touching three pebbles he holds in his hand.

esorscher
2015-01-31, 07:39 PM
Dragon nods. "Tell me, witch, how long have you been working here?"

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 07:41 PM
"Twenty years, since I was a lady of thirteen and my mother died. Now, that is the last answer you will get, unless you buy something or tell me why you ask these questions."

manwithaplan
2015-01-31, 07:52 PM
Well, that didn't go to plan at all. Savus stepped away from the glaive-wielding bartender, attempting to get out of range as he felt the wounds open on his body. Damn it, who just happened to have a silver weapon lying around? The wounds would still heal, as long as he could avoid getting hit any more.

"I'm dreadfully sorry about the confusion, I truly meant no harm!" He called out, knowing that his opponents would see right through this deception; he was lying for the sake of lying at this point.

"My friends, please, keep this cruel man from striking me. Do not fear, he will not harm you!" He said, ordering his thralls to get in and distract the half-orc. Then he looked back to the bartender, and a flurry of arcane words escaped his lips, his hands flicking into various arrangements of sign and symbol as he cast a spell.

"Shatter!"

5-Foot Stepping away from the Bartender, commanding the Thralls to annoy the half-orc (by standing around him and blocking line of sight, basically, which shouldn't be perceived as self-destructive since I doubt he will attack possessed civilians).

Then I will cast Shatter on the bartender's Glaive. Even if the 5-Foot Step didn't get me out of his reach, my Concentration is +21, so I can automatically avoid the AoO this would provoke.

Edit: Oh, and I guess I should point out that my Hit Points have gone up by 5 thanks to Fast Healing.

Sønderjye
2015-01-31, 07:58 PM
Annoyed by not finding anything on the bodies the halfling starts searching the cells and the building. He'll also cast detect magic. If his search doesn't reveal anything he'll step outside and noticing the noice from the tavern he'll see what's happening.

Search [roll0]
Casting detect magic.

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 07:59 PM
You fail to pierce the bartender's glaive, as the priest takes a sadistic pleasure in reminding you, "Hah! Looks like Shatter.. clearly this vamp can't tell the difference between something magical and something that isn't! Or maybe he forgot what his spell did?" He then casts, shouting, "Clear a path for the bartender to strike this pale man!" One of the commoners does just this, and the bartender climbs atop the counter to strike you once more. He misses his stab, however.

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 08:00 PM
Annoyed by not finding anything on the bodies the halfling starts searching the cells and the building. He'll also cast detect magic. If his search doesn't reveal anything he'll step outside and noticing the noice from the tavern he'll see what's happening.

Search [roll0]
Casting detect magic.

You notice the Silence spell, but nothing else magical is in the building. You step into the bar after this last parley of blows.

manwithaplan
2015-01-31, 08:06 PM
Oh, of course it's magical. That's why it hurts so much! Savus thought as he sidestepped another attack.

"Dispel Magic! Thralls, get in there, hold him back!" He called, continuing to move backwards. He knew that these two couldn't resist his influence for long.

Stepping back and using Dispel Magic on the Glaive. Oops.

Dispel Check [roll0]

Oh, and these guys should still be making saves. If the bartender is averting his eyes then I have concealment against him, too.

JBarca
2015-01-31, 08:10 PM
Throm stands outside the buildings for several minutes, then sits down, mourning the loss of his friend. He then stands up, walks back into the cellroom and uses his claws to cut off the foot of one of the guards. He stuffs the grisly trophy into his sack, then walks back outside.

Seeing a few of his former cellmates looking around, he shrugs and turns to the east. Orcs fleeing on horseback, probably to get reinforcements. I'll check that out.

Out loud, he merely grunts to the nearest person, "Heading east. Orcs."

He bends over and growls for a moment, before great green leathery wings sprout from his back. He quickly takes to the skies and flies eastward.

The wings last for an hour. I can fly at 30ft/rd, though I'll be hustling to double that (which I can keep up for an hour), trying to catch the riders, or at least see where they go in the other town and pursue them.

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 08:11 PM
The bartender, in response to your dispelling, casts a spell on his glaive. The priest hits you with a stone, with one point of damage making it past your DR.

I am accounting for your gaze.

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 08:13 PM
As you catch up to the riders when they arrive in the other town, which you learn you can fly to in about thirteen minutes, you note they head into a castle. Unless you follow them in, you cannot know their business there.

JBarca
2015-01-31, 08:18 PM
Throm lands and folds his wings back behind him, though he keeps them present, for the moment.

He then immediately follows the Orcs into the castle, holding nothing but his now-mundane quarterstaff as a walking stick.

manwithaplan
2015-01-31, 08:22 PM
Savus tilted his head as a rock bounce against his head.

"What was that? You're throwing rocks, Half-Orc?" Savus asked, stepping back and raising his arms out to either side. He suddenly sent out a mental command, summoning the creatures he knew belonged to his command.

Children of the Night, assist me.

Step back and use Children of the Night to summon Wolves.

Wolves [roll0]

Time until Arrival [roll1] Rounds.

Sønderjye
2015-01-31, 08:25 PM
Noticing the reactions from his previous cellmates he guesses that the door is some kind of transdimensional room. He suddenly remembers that some people are capable of talking to the dead if they're hole and decides to drag the bodies with him outside. I assume that that he's unable to enter the cell again after having dragged the first body with him.
If any of his cellmates are nearby he'll ask them if they can do divine magic. If none are nearby he'll go to the tavern and lean towards the door, looking at the action with a raised eyebrown. Do you always introduce yourself to strangers like this?

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 08:25 PM
You see them kneeling and reporting to one who looks like a king. They tell him this(they are not quiet and the building's echo doesn't help):"A human vampire, evil, a strange halfling, neutral, a young girl, neutral, an Underdark fey, good, a woodling man, neutral, and a half-dragon ogre, evil, have come out of the witch's hut in the village Geraeste. They appear to have never met the which or each other, although the ogre returned back into the hut. Please, send a few rider guards, for they look powerful, to slay the evil and recruit those who are not." They leave.

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 08:41 PM
The bartender, mid-fighting, tells the halfling all about his church of the god of the sun Solas and their mission to vanquish evil creatures of the night. He asks, "If you are a good soul, slay this fiend with us."

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 08:43 PM
Savus: The bartender stabs twice with his glaive, hitting once for fifteen damage. The priest comes up and misses you with the touch attack of a spell.

manwithaplan
2015-01-31, 08:48 PM
"My friend, these people are very aggressive!" Savus called to the one behind him, acting as frightened and helpless as possible.

"Help me talk them down!"

Edit: Oops, didn't know you weren't done posting. Let's see who the newcomer picks.

esorscher
2015-01-31, 08:49 PM
"I was brought to this place against my will. I was held in a cell. I was and remain upset by this." He growls menacingly, more out of memory than any desire to frighten the witch, but it is intimidating all the same. "I became free. After I left, the prison became this building. I can not explain it, no more than I can explain how I came to be here. I want answers. What is the name of this town, and who is in charge? Tell me where I might find them, and I will leave you and your business alone."

Intimidate: [roll0]

Posting from my phone

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 08:49 PM
I saw them. Nothing results from them until they arrive. It's your initiative, and Sonder's.

Sonder, you can choose what to do and who to side with now.

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 08:52 PM
The witch does not back down, and says, "This town is called Geraeste. The king in the town to the east rules. I know nothing about your captivity, although I am sad to see this affront to freedom. Now, that's three answers I did not desire to give. Buy three potions and I can allow you on your way. The cheapest cost five pounds of gold coins(50 gp, to do the math for you.)."

JBarca
2015-01-31, 09:02 PM
Throm strides forward head held high.

"Why were we imprisoned? By what right do you slay those you do not like?"

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 09:07 PM
"Ah," says the king, "the original vampiric rituals forced all vampires to be utterly vile creatures, an affront to all that is peaceful. Especially the sun, represented by the god most here worship, Solas. And their spawn are vile as well. We cannot allow them to roam free. And we wished to recruit those who were neutral, good, or redeemable. Although, I am curious: How are you in here?"
"Sir," says one of the riders, "that is the woodling."

JBarca
2015-01-31, 09:17 PM
Throm looks confused for a moment or two, then responds, "I... I walked in? I don't care if you kill Vampires. What are you recruiting for? And have you seen a boar? Mine went missing when I was imprisoned."

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 09:21 PM
The hunt against such vile fiends we recruit for. And you were imprisoned? Tell us what happened. Every detail." After you tell him, (if you do), he says, "I haven't seen a boar, and that is strange. I'll send my best scouts to search what might have happened.

JBarca
2015-01-31, 09:25 PM
"I was in my forest. Then I was waking up in a cell. Other broke the bars. Guards killed. Stepped out into village. I came here. If you find Grolpin, I will serve you how I can for a time."

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 09:27 PM
"As I said, nobody has seen a boar: not within this kingdom in twenty years."

esorscher
2015-01-31, 09:33 PM
The witch does not back down, and says, "This town is called Geraeste. The king in the town to the east rules. I know nothing about your captivity, although I am sad to see this affront to freedom. Now, that's three answers I did not desire to give. Buy three potions and I can allow you on your way. The cheapest cost five pounds of gold coins(50 gp, to do the math for you.)."

Dragok laughs. "You are a funny one. And you have answered my questions. For that, thank you. I have no gold, or I would buy your potions, if simply because you amuse me. If you try to stop me, you will fail." He leaves, and starts walking east toward the King's castle. Once out of town, he will fly (160' double move, I think I'd catch up to Throm before we reach the castle, depending how long the conversation with the witch took).

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 09:37 PM
Dragok.. reaches the castle at the point in the conversation it is in right now, due to the witch halting your progress as best as she could(but not stopping it). You haven't heard anything and may go in as you like.

esorscher
2015-01-31, 09:39 PM
Dragok goes in and listens quietly until spoken to.

copycatcat
2015-01-31, 09:39 PM
Does Dragok make himself seen?

Dragok is mentioned in the conversation, but no activity revolves around him without him speaking.

Sønderjye
2015-01-31, 09:51 PM
As Dragok and Anna passes by the halfling he asks Are one of you capable of speaking with the dead?

(edit: Looking at the OOC I'd assume that the answer would be no) He'll look around for other cellmates and if he can't see any he'll peak inside the potion shop and ask if she knows where to find a priest.

manwithaplan
2015-02-01, 12:53 AM
Savus moved back and twisted around, placing himself so that the priest was between him and the bartender.

"Thralls, protect me from that fiend! Take his weapon if you can!"

As he finished speaking, Savus lunged towards the Half-Orc, attempting to take hold of him.

The Thralls will surround the bartender and all attempt to Disarm. If one of the nine or so that can fit around him gets lucky, they'll run away with it, and whoever's left will fill in the gap so he can't follow them.

Meanwhile, Savus steps around to put the priest between him and the bartender as is described in the IC above, and then goes for the grapple.

Touch Attack [roll0]
Grapple Check [roll1]

Edit: Oh, and since I just remembered I have it, I'm going to activate the Dodge feat on the Bartender. Probably not worth much, since he already can hit an AC of 28 with a 20% Miss Chance quite frequently, but you never know.

copycatcat
2015-02-01, 08:31 AM
The woman says, "In the inn: the bartender or the half-orc staying there."

copycatcat
2015-02-01, 08:42 AM
The thralls try and fail to knock out the bartender's weapon, and the bartender casts a spell, touching each patron of the inn. After this, he shouts, "Run upstairs to your room if you appreciate your life and freedom!" At this, they all run upstairs except one, who gets behind the counter and cowers.

Dread_Head
2015-02-01, 09:20 AM
As Bast descends to the village after looking at the surrounding area he notices Dragok flying east. Bast joins him in flight and also enters the castle. There he looks round the room before stepping forward, bowing and addressing the king.

"Greetings, I am Bast a prince amongst the Fey. My companions and myself were transported here by unknown forces. Please, tell me of this realm."

esorscher
2015-02-01, 12:45 PM
Dragok stands next to Bast, and introduces himself, "I am Chief Dragok, Lord of Ogres. I share this Prince's general curiosity about the realm, with a specific desire to know what forces among this realm are capable of seizing and imprisoning me in the fashion I have endured."

manwithaplan
2015-02-02, 02:33 AM
With the priest in his grip, Savus grinned. It had been a while since his last feed. He lunged forward, opening his mouth and revealing his great fangs. With haste he drew closer to his foe's neck, bringing himself in and attempting to bite the flesh, sucking the delicious blood out for his own drinking pleasure.

Attemping to Pin, draining Blood if successful.

Grapple Check [roll0]
Constitution Drain [roll1]

copycatcat
2015-02-02, 03:40 PM
*sighs* .. the priest rolled a 20. And yes, he can beat you on a 20.

Anyway. The half-orc escapes your grapple, and both priests attempt to turn you. And both fail.

Sønderjye
2015-02-02, 05:32 PM
The halfling sighs seing that all his cellmates appearently was leaving him. He drags the body to the tavern door and leaves it outside as he peaks inside, wanting to get a good look at the situation before deciding anything.

Hide: [roll0]

copycatcat
2015-02-02, 08:24 PM
The king says, "I rule over here and the village of Geraeste. We do not often venture further, and having flown, you certainly know as much about the surroundings as we do. We mainly love as god Solas, of the sun, and despise the undead, especially those who die in the daylight, mostly vampires. We do not know who imprisoned you. More to ask?"

esorscher
2015-02-02, 08:52 PM
"You have neighbors, yes? Tell us of them. You have threats to your kingdom, I would know of those as well." He smiles, baring his sharp teeth. "My arm is strong, stronger than any of your knights," he suggests.

manwithaplan
2015-02-02, 08:57 PM
Savus frowned as his grip was lost just before the bite, but then he grinned again as his allies arrived. A pack of ten ravenous wolves, suddenly dashing about the inn and towards his foes. With renewed vigor he moved in, once again attempting to get a hard grip around the half-orc.

Wolves are in. Their 50 feet move speeds mean they can get wherever they need to be. Eight of them are going to completely surround the bartender, all making bite attacks and attempting to trip on a successful hit. The remaining two are going to stand around the half-orc, giving me a Flanking bonus. One of them will then attack and go for the trip while the other will use Aid Another, giving me an additional bonus on my attack if he can hit AC 10.

8 Wolf Attack Rolls against the Bartender, all Flanking:
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Trip [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Trip [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Trip [roll8]

Attack [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
Trip [roll11]

Attack [roll12]
Damage [roll13]
Trip [roll14]

Attack [roll15]
Damage [roll16]
Trip [roll17]

Attack [roll18]
Damage [roll19]
Trip [roll20]

Attack [roll21]
Damage [roll22]
Trip [roll23]

Wolf Attack against the Half-Orc, Flanking:
Attack [roll24]
Damage [roll25]
Trip [roll26]

Wolf Aid Another Check, Flanking:
[roll27]

Savus' Grapple Attempt, Flanking:
Touch Attack [roll28] Increased by 2 if the Aid Another is a success
Grapple Check [roll29]

copycatcat
2015-02-02, 09:15 PM
"You have the audacity to threaten me in my own castle? Bomber, hold him." Roll an opposed grapple check.

copycatcat
2015-02-02, 09:23 PM
Two wolves hit but fail to trip the bartender, while you successfully grapple the clothed man. The bartender shouts: By the light of Solas, die, vampire! Then his turn attempt fails.

JBarca
2015-02-02, 09:24 PM
Throm nods as the king speaks, then says, "I want-" before being cut off by Dragok's offer and the king's unexpected response. He quickly steps back out of the way, glaring angrily at all around him, clearly confused.

esorscher
2015-02-02, 09:33 PM
Dragok says, "No, the exact opposite. I was offering to take care of your enemies for you."

Grapple: [roll0]

manwithaplan
2015-02-02, 09:39 PM
Savus looked over at the bartender, watching him perform his dramatic turn attempt.

"No thank you," he replied, returning to his meal.

Once again the undead creature bared his fangs, moving in and attempting to suck his foe's life force straight out of them.

The eight wolves attack and trip again. I don't really want to kill this half-orc before I drain his Constitution to 0, as difficult as that could end up being, so the two wolves surrounding him are instead going to ready an action; if one of their brethren surrounding the bartender dies, they will immediately go to take its place and continue to block him.

Eight Wolf Attacks:
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Trip [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Trip [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Trip [roll8]

Attack [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
Trip [roll11]

Attack [roll12]
Damage [roll13]
Trip [roll14]

Attack [roll15]
Damage [roll16]
Trip [roll17]

Attack [roll18]
Damage [roll19]
Trip [roll20]

Attack [roll21]
Damage [roll22]
Trip [roll23]

Meanwhile, Savus' second attempt to Pin. Come on, give me the good stuff!

Grapple Check [roll24]
Constitution Drain [roll25]

copycatcat
2015-02-02, 09:49 PM
I apologize for the twenties.

Two more wolves hit, and neither trip.

The Half-orc escapes your grapple and grapples you back.

Rolls a 29.

copycatcat
2015-02-02, 09:51 PM
The man fails to grapple Dragok. The king relays an apology, "Ah, I misjudged your tone. For any other member, I'd understand: The beastling and the girl I'd be sure had their own advantage in it, but they'd do it. The other one might do it for goodness' sake. But for you, I ask: What's in it for you?"

manwithaplan
2015-02-02, 09:57 PM
Savus took a breath during the brief moment of release as his foe escaped away again, and then relished his luck as they dived back in for another round.

Wow, these guys are lucky. I don't suppose you could use the forum roller? Not saying I don't trust you, I just like smiling at my enemy's low rolls and wincing at the big ones.

Anyway, I accept the Half-Orc's grapple, which might deal some damage to me. Then I attempt to Pin him again.

Grapple Check [roll0]
Constitution Drain [roll1]

The Wolves repeat their previous actions.

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Trip [roll4]

Attack [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Trip [roll7]

Attack [roll8]
Damage [roll9]
Trip [roll10]

Attack [roll11]
Damage [roll12]
Trip [roll13]

Attack [roll14]
Damage [roll15]
Trip [roll16]

Attack [roll17]
Damage [roll18]
Trip [roll19]

Attack [roll20]
Damage [roll21]
Trip [roll22]

Attack [roll23]
Damage [roll24]
Trip [roll25]

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 06:43 AM
The halfling secretely whispers something. Savus hears a familiar whisper in his ear,
So ehm, not to interrupt your meal but we need a priest to figure out what happened to us. Would you mind running off when I charge in making them think that they owe us a favor? I'll help you get a snack later if you're really hungry. Whisper your answer
still hiding.
Casting message

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 06:53 AM
"Oh, don't worry," Savus muttered under his breath, familiar with the spell that was being used.

"If this goes to plan, we'll have a priest or two of our very own under my complete mental command. If you want to help, deal with the other guy. Grease up his weapon, send him to bed, whatever. Just leave him alive. I don't know who put us here, but we're taking over."

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 08:00 AM
Yeah and if goes south the guards will show up and butcher both of us and even if they doesn't they'll never trust me. If you want minions there are better ways than doing it in broad daylight He suprises himself with all the insight, not entirely sure where it comes from.

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 08:09 AM
"Nothing is ideal in broad daylight. Disgusting, I don't see how anyone enjoys that foul sun. Nevertheless, I need thralls and I'm not leaving this village without one. These are the best options I've found so far. You are free to assist, or offer yourself as a substitute."

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 09:19 AM
Stuborn stubid bloodsucker the halfling complains. He starts considering his options and a strange calm filter appears his mind and he starts thinking very analytic.
Options: Helping the vampire vs helping the priest guys
Reward: Allies and information. Both sides will be grateful for the help. The priests probably have a large network however since there's probably a lot of vampire hunters the organizations gratitude will be very limited whereas, assuming the vampire knows as many as me in this world he'll value the help more.
Risk: Dying is unlikely in either case. If reinforcements arrive my identity will be associated with vampires and I will gain a powerful enemy with potentially unlimited resources, if vampire win I have also gained a powerful enemy, although he currently have less influence.
Conclusion: Help priests if identity can't be hidden. Help vampire if it can.
He glanced at the corpse beside him and briefly considered taking his clothing but it would take too much time. He suddenly realised something and grapped his spellbook and started reading something up.

Last action this round:
Move: Grap spellbook
Next round: Full-round, Quick study: Replace Arcane Turmoil with alter self

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 03:42 PM
The bartender jumps over the wolves and casts a spell on Savus: the priest comes to do the same. They both touch Savus, and you take 15 and 18 damage from positive energy. The wolves can make attacks of opportunity on the bartender.

esorscher
2015-02-03, 05:09 PM
Though he wonders how the King knows so much about each of them, Dragok does not voice his suspicion, yet. "Fertile land, serfs to work it, a title, and a large bag of gold."

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 06:31 PM
The halfling skims through his spellsbook mumbling "where is it, where is it" until finally his gaze focusses on some of the magical runes and he starts uttering the first part of a sentence that'll tell reality to go sit in a corner.

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 06:36 PM
Savus became infuriated as the positive energy burned through him, disrupting his body and slowing him down.

"Damn you both!" He yelled before regaining his calm. The situation was not in his favour. These priests had many spells to counter his and take him down, and even a weapon built with the very specific and rare combination of elements necessary to wound him. It was never his ideal situation to end up in a fight - he preferred to talk his way out of a bad situation.

Perhaps he could do that now.

"Come, my minions! To the forest!" He yelled, the wolves suddenly pulling away and heading for the door. With a single word of arcane power he had disappeared, teleporting away to a new location.

Going to Dimension Door upstairs, instant success on Concentration. Bluff Check to make these priests think I'm instead going to the nearby forest:

[roll0]

I mean, they beat 30+ Diplomacy, so these guys are apparently immune to social skills, but hey, at least it's in-character.

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 06:45 PM
Hearing how the battle aruptly stopped the halfling sighs. Guess he wouldn't be helping anybody anyway. He crawls out of his hide and walks through the door, speaking as he opens it, I'm looking for a priest who c.. Then stops as he looks as the (presumable) signs of combat, Is this a bad time?

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 06:45 PM
You d-door upstairs, and the patrons yell: "He's up here!"

The bartender says: "Only if this vampiric fiend doesn't die soon."

And immunity to your Diplomacy earlier was based on the fact they'll kill vampires just because they're vampires.

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 06:53 PM
You got vampires walking around in the upper parts of your taverns in broad daylight? the halfling asks seemingly doubting.

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 06:54 PM
Edit: Oops, nevermind, forgot to check the thread.

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 06:57 PM
Savus looked furiously at the one who had announced his position, clenching his fists. He dashed forward, leaping towards the closest one and striking them with all of the force he could muster.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Plus Energy Drain

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 06:57 PM
"Ah, I guess that would do it. But this kingdom will have no serfdom- though we have plenty of land, and it should be fertile."

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 07:00 PM
It's dead. Sheesh..

The half-orc arrives upstairs and successfully turns you. He's blocking the doorway. He has the bartender's glaive with him.

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 07:03 PM
Savus panicked as he felt the divine Turning magic wash over him, intense fear making him recoil. He turned around and ran down the hall, trying to get away from the glaive-wielder.

---

If at all possible, he'll attempt to stick out a hand and smash somebody else on the way down. If not, whatever, just keep moving.

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 07:09 PM
"Sadly. He was one of the ones who came from the witch's door with you, you know. He just came in and tried to enslave all of us. Luckily I got a nice spell in before I could be taken, and could fight him, but still."

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 07:10 PM
Hit on the AoO, though, for fifteen. Otherwise, you are successfully out of the way.

Due to the straight line of the hall, he runs to 10 ft away from you. And there's only twenty more feet of hall.

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 07:13 PM
Blasted, I thought he said he was going for the forest he thinks regretting that he didn't use the spell after all. He draws his dagger and readies an attack if is about to attack him but doesn't try to stop him from running out.
Uh, I can't imagine all the horrible things he would have made you do if you hadn't he says, which was probably true, he didn't knew the vampire well enough to know how creative he was

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 07:15 PM
"I can. He would have killed me, then I would arise as his spawn and slave. Then I would not be myself. Can you help my friend the half-orc in finishing him up there?"

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 07:24 PM
Of course, he says before running up the stairs.

He'll reach the same point they were when the half-orc did. Is it one or two rounds?

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 07:29 PM
Savus turned and kept moving until he was up against the wall at the end of the corridor. Looking to face his foe, he began to cower.

Well...yeah. Moving and Cowering. I'll get attacked once, probably, and then the Turn will expire.

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 07:41 PM
EDIT: Savus was not destroyed due to Sonder's choice to side with the night rather than the sun.

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 07:44 PM
...lolwut.

Sønderjye
2015-02-03, 08:12 PM
This might still be resolvable. The halfling hopes as he charges towards the half-orc. He places himself so that his and the half-orc's bodies shields for what's about to happen, noticably the vampire and his dagger. What are you doing vampire?! He shrieks in terror seconds before he pours all of his arcane power into his dagger with the intention of blowing the man so much up that it's unrecognicable to a bodily examination where the initial wound was. If successful he'll fall to the floor, pretending to be effected by the explosion as well.

This is my strongest combo, combining basicly everything.
to hit [roll0] using 1/10 inspiration fond on adding int to hit.
Damage [roll1], using 1/10 inspiration on adding int to damage. Assuming I'm somewhat of a suprise to the guy since he hadn't seen me before my action, I'm burning the 6 inspiration points on sneak attack damage [roll2]
Using the shocking grasp that was in the weapon through spell storing: [roll3]
Casting the factotum prepared shocking grasp through the conductive enhancement on the weapon [roll]5d6]

Total damage if hit: 61

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 08:27 PM
The man dies. Savus and Sonder are alive.

manwithaplan
2015-02-03, 08:35 PM
Savus gasped in relief as his foe was destroyed, body left almost unrecognisable in the aftermath of the explosion.

"Good job, friend. I'm glad that you could see things my way," he said, giving a nod. He began to flick about with hand-signs, messing around until he cast another spell. His form suddenly changed, growing and distorting as he became the Half-Orc who had just died.

"Now, here's what I suggest. We go downstairs and befriend that priest. Get his trust. At night, when he sleeps, I shall take his life. He will form the basis of my new order in this place, with him as my second, these people as fodder, and you as my friend and confidant. Does this please you?"

JBarca
2015-02-03, 09:26 PM
"The... Beastling? What are you saying, monarch? I'm going to find my Boar. If I find him, I will find a sacred place, and I will resume my duties. Otherwise, I will do as you ask in return for a way home. I mislike this place already." Throm waits for the king to respond. If he offers no way out, the Druid will snort and leave.

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 09:44 PM
"I mean you. Beastling, woodling, same creature. I have asked nothing of you yet, and our only enemies are the wolves and bears coming down from the forest or the mountains. Our neighbors are too far away to know. Where on Aeroste is your home?"

JBarca
2015-02-03, 09:48 PM
"It's not. I'm from elsewhere. You asked nothing, yet. Find my Boar, I'll repay. For now, tell me where the animals originate."

Something's stirring them up, I'd bet. Might as well begin my duties where I left off: protecting the Wilds.

esorscher
2015-02-03, 09:55 PM
"Hold on. You have no serfs, yet you call yourself king? King of who, exactly?" Dragok says, the wheels turning behind his eyes. "Oh, of course. You must have slaves, then, to work your lands. I'll take some of those. It doesn't matter to me what you call them--I want the land, the people to work it, the title that accompanies it, and, of course, the gold. If these terms are agreeable, you may think of me as the most powerful weapon at your disposal. I will, of course, need to see my new holdings before I depart to fight your foes."

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 10:01 PM
Throm: "Elsewhere? Whuh?"

Dragok: "I have peasants, they just don't work for nothing. They all have rights. I can't give you some."

JBarca
2015-02-03, 10:10 PM
Throm laughs. "He means you have to take them, Dragok. Tame them. Prove you have the power, and the little... People... Will follow." He smiles. And not it is not a friendly smile.

"I know not this 'Aeroste.' I am from the wood. My wood."

esorscher
2015-02-03, 10:27 PM
Dragok laughs heartily, a deep booming bark. "They are tied to the land, are they not? They have homes, fields, lives there?" Dragok asks the king. "Give me fertile land that has inhabitants without a lord, and I will make them mine."

copycatcat
2015-02-03, 10:51 PM
Throm: "Aeroste is the whole land, all of the realms. Is there an elsewhere?"
Dragok: "As I said, we know nothing of any enemies or neighbors. If you want land, you will have to find your own way to earn it."

No color because phone.

esorscher
2015-02-03, 11:43 PM
"Remember this moment, King." Dragok says, storming out, muttering something about wasted time. He flies up and away from the keep, rising until he is a mile or so above ground, surveying the realm as he does so. (Should be high enough to get a decent view of the land and its natural borders).

Sønderjye
2015-02-04, 08:57 AM
The halfling sighs, Either he's incredibly stubid or ... or what?, he couldn't actually answer that. He rolled on his side and starts looking through the dead paladin's equiptment. He keeps his voice low enough that the villagers in the rooms can't hear him: You really have no clue about subtlety? Firstly you don't know jack about the half-orc and the priest will probably see right through you, secondly he'll want to see the body and thirdly you just publicly announces your plan to a dozen villager. And most importantly you just screwed up my plans twice. he barely manages to bite the last part off.

JBarca
2015-02-04, 09:56 AM
Throm laughs. "Made an enemy, it seems." He turns and walks out, then spreads his own wings to follow Dragok. Assuming the other allows him to approach, he'll circle nearby.
"What's your plan? I might come along."

esorscher
2015-02-04, 12:10 PM
"My plan's pretty simple. I want to survey the area, get a sense of the natural boundaries of the kingdom, where the people are, what their industries are--I suspect it's primarily agrarian in nature, but maybe there are some mining operations in the foothills of mountains. There's the king's castle, but are there others? Fortified keeps, perhaps, or even hillforts? Basically, come up with a mental map of the kingdom and its important geographical features, as well as power centers." Dragok says. "We got here, somehow. Nobody seems to know how. Who has the power to transport us back to our homes? Probably no one. Means we have to get that power ourselves, if we want to get home."

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 03:06 PM
The plains to the south go all the way to the sea. Directly to the east of the town are mountains going higher than you are now. To the west is an expansive forest, which you can see a bit more plains past. To the north is plains, eventually seeing the sea thataway as well. It's quite plain that the sea isn't far past the other side of the mountains, so anywhere else settled or civilized will have to be west or across the seas.

Dread_Head
2015-02-04, 03:17 PM
Bast steps back and lets Throm and Dragok finish talking to the king and watches as they leave. Hmm these people know no subtlety... perhaps I can make that work for me though. He steps forwards again after they depart and addresses the king once more.

"Well that took an unexpected turn. I am sorry for my companions outburst, I shall track them down later and try to talk some sense into them. It seems we have been brought from a different plane of existence as far as I can tell. From a different world. What can you tell me of the history of Aeroste, and of your god Solas? I assume you will be putting me up in guest rooms until I can establish why I came to be here?"

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 03:26 PM
The king replies, "Yes, you may stay as a guest. Both of you. Not the other two, though. And.. plane? Isn't that what the witch called it? Anina, wasn't her name? Yes, it was. She's in Geraeste- that hut you emerged from. If you want to know about travelling between worlds, talk to her. Aeroste? Well, I don't know about the rest of it, but this kingdom- Gebest- started 87 or so years ago, and has only expanded to a second town. Nobody is brave enough to brave the wilds, what with the direwolves and vampire bats. Solas is god of the sun, worshipped by most of us- surely your world has a sun?

esorscher
2015-02-04, 03:58 PM
Dragok starts flying in the direction of the mountains, moving lower as he does so to get a better look at the foothills.

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 04:06 PM
The mountains have few foothills and small hills, and these go very short, no more than a half-mile, as well as one tall mountain, going two miles high.

Dread_Head
2015-02-04, 04:32 PM
"Yes my world too has a sun, I very rarely see it though as I inhabit a deep cave system known as the Underdark. I will return to the Gereaste to speak with Anina the witch and to track down my other companions before returning to take you up on your offer of hospitality. I thank you for kindly answering my questions, is there a historian, scholar or priest in your castle who I can address further questions to your majesty?"

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 04:38 PM
"Anina is the most scholarly person in the kingdom in every matter except the kingdom, and I can answer anything she can't, likely enough. If it is answers you seek, seek her. And tell her to deal with that vampiric filth."

Dread_Head
2015-02-04, 04:44 PM
"I shall pass that message on. Thank you for your time your majesty. Bast says before bowing and leaving the room. He flies back to Gereaste and descends into the village before entering the witches hut.

"Greetings Anina, my name is Bast, I have been talking with the king and he said you could answer any questions I have on the nature of this realm. What can you tell me of Aeroste and it's position within the planes?"

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 04:56 PM
"Planes? It's been a while since I heard that word.. Hmm.. ah, yes. Aeroste is strange. Magic here only works quite close to the planet: I've tested it with my flight spell, and the barrier's about fifty miles up. And no magic can affect two places more than that far apart either, and thus, I can only tell you of one settlement which is not this one: Bearbaz. Settled mostly by werewolves or werebears who were bit by others of the kind while exploring the forest, why we haven't tried settling in it. Interplanar magic also counts as fifty miles away at least, and thus it is unusable. I tried after I was kidnapped, and came out of the cell by this same door- though it was abandoned then. If you want off, you'll need some method of interplanar travel that doesn't use any magic at all."

manwithaplan
2015-02-04, 05:12 PM
Savus raised an eyebrow.

"Well, there's no need to get angry. Worst case scenario, he works it out after a few seconds, and then we kill him. Vampires don't leave bodies, and the people here know full well the consequences for betrayal."

He moved over to the real Half-Orc, taking its silvered Glaive and then casting a spell on its body to make it disappear.

"In fact, I think you're on to something. Let's just go and get him. We'll go downstairs, get him where we want him, then you'll eliminate him with a subdual spell. You have something of the sort, yes?"

Dread_Head
2015-02-04, 05:44 PM
"No teleportation magic? This is a strange world. You were kidnapped yourself? How long have you been residing here? Are all of Aeroste's populace kidnapped from other planes or are the majority native?

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 05:51 PM
"No interplanar magic. Teleportation just has limits. And I believe that you all and I are the only ones. Besides those who were with me, but they've died since.

JBarca
2015-02-04, 05:58 PM
Throm banks and follows Dragok. "Home is good. A warning; I have less than forty minutes of flight remaining to me today."

Dread_Head
2015-02-04, 06:07 PM
"The forest is inhabited by lycanthropes then? What more can you tell me of the wilderness that surrounds this land? The king made it sound a dire place. Also what of the king? Is he an honourable man? What's his name? How did his family come to power? Do you have any idea why you and those who came with you were chosen? Or who brought us all here?

Bast stops and looks round realising he'd been too intense with his questioning.

"I thank you for your patience in answering my questions. One final one, what became of the last two who came through with me? The vampire and the halfling. Oh and the king said you were to deal with the vampire scum."

esorscher
2015-02-04, 06:26 PM
Dragok shrugs. "The foothills seem abandoned. If you feel the desire to go somewhere alone, go ahead. I will continue my scouting." Dragok flies in a clockwise fashion, soaring low above the world to get a better view of what is going on on the borders, looking specifically for any signs of inhabitants, even nomadic ones.

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 06:53 PM
"Only some, there are many dangerous beasts, yes, Olvin, by getting the nomads to settle here, nope, nope.

The halfling and vampire got in a bar fight across town. I have spells, so I can hear what happened: the vampire killed the half-orc priest in there and is masquerading as him, and wants to kill the barkeep now. He would run this village. I will not allow this, and I am stronger than he. This is absolutely the 'filth' the king speaks of. The halfling did the murder, but tried to make it look an accident. I wouldn't have known, but that vampire is quite the fool."

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 07:03 PM
You find a small port town on the other side of the mountain. Would you like to go to it, or keep exploring?

esorscher
2015-02-04, 07:09 PM
Dragok lands in the center of the small port town and waits to see the response of the townsfolk.

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 07:11 PM
Some townsfolk ask you questions in a language you do not understand, but most welcome you without words. It has a port and boats, a few houses, an inn, and a shop. It's very small, even smaller than you could tell from up there.

JBarca
2015-02-04, 08:49 PM
Throm grunts as Dragok swoops away, then turns and flies toward the mountains or forest, whichever is nearer, landing when he's almost out of time (one hour from initial departure).

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 08:52 PM
Throm lands in the port town.

Read Dragok's last spoiler if you want info about it.

esorscher
2015-02-04, 09:20 PM
Dragok says, "What is the name of this place," in all the languages he knows, asking each individual he sees. (Common, Giant, Orc, Goblin).

copycatcat
2015-02-04, 09:25 PM
None of them know any of the languages.

esorscher
2015-02-04, 09:36 PM
Dragok attempts to count the number of people and buildings in the place.

copycatcat
2015-02-05, 04:07 PM
10 houses, thirty people.

esorscher
2015-02-05, 04:13 PM
Dragok walks into the Inn, hoping someone there can understand any of his languages, and attempts to introduce himself.

copycatcat
2015-02-05, 04:46 PM
They do not understand you, although they do seem to recognize "Dragok" is your name.

esorscher
2015-02-05, 04:54 PM
Dragok touches his chest, and says "Dragok," then points to the Innkeeper with a questioning look on his face.

copycatcat
2015-02-05, 04:55 PM
The innkeep nods, and says, "Nude Rare."(Pronunciation, not spelling.)

esorscher
2015-02-05, 04:58 PM
Dragok nods, then touches the floor of the Inn, with the same look. Then he steps outside and gestures at the town at large, seeking the same information.

copycatcat
2015-02-05, 05:13 PM
"Rare Wone", the innkeep says. Then, seeing you outside, he says, "Rate Reel."

esorscher
2015-02-05, 06:05 PM
Dragok nods his thanks, then waves goodbye to the Innkeeper. He sits outside, thinking about how best to proceed. He walks around town, looking for a sheriff or other authority figure.

copycatcat
2015-02-05, 08:33 PM
You find nothing to indicate someone is in a position of authority.

Sønderjye
2015-02-05, 10:06 PM
After picking up the Glaive and the bracelet the halfling mutters some arcane words and transform himself into a human and making a nod, he says in his new voice: "I do indeed".

He casts ghoul touch and holds the charge in his consealed weapon before going downstairs. He then basicly walks up to the bartender and stabs him.

First casting alter self to look like an average human. Casting ghoul touch andholds the charge.

Divide the actions as see fit.
I'm not sure which rolls to make but I do know that I'll need to roll to hit: [roll0] vs touch with fort DC 17.

esorscher
2015-02-05, 10:16 PM
Dragok walks into the store and looks around.

copycatcat
2015-02-06, 03:48 PM
The bartender notices you, and trumpets, "Why do you have my glaive?" When you come up and stab him, he makes his save. He then yells, "What? No! Solas, god of the sun, make me one with the air, so I may rise up to you," as a spell's beginning words, and takes on a gaseous form, followed by going through a small crack in the wall.

Dragok-You find a shopkeep. The wares are kept in the back room.

JBarca
2015-02-06, 04:19 PM
Throm watches Dragok's antics for a bit, then turns and walks toward the mountains.

esorscher
2015-02-06, 07:40 PM
Dragok walks into the back room to see what is in stock.

manwithaplan
2015-02-06, 07:45 PM
"...You see, this is why I think we should at least try to deceive them with words," Savus said from the top of the stairs, remaining in Half-Orc form.

"But it's no matter. There is work to be done."

He cast Dispel Magic and Shatter on the Glaive, attempting to destroy it before it could cause him more trouble, and then he went back into the corridor upstairs to count the number of doors. He Disguised himself again, this time as the Bartender.

Dispel Check [roll0]

On a failure, he will cast the spell no more than two more times to attempt a successful Dispel. After that, screw it.

Using Disguise Self to take on the Bartender's form, and then counting the doors, as I said IC. How many rooms are up here?

copycatcat
2015-02-06, 07:51 PM
There are 16 doors, 8 on each side. All the doors have a little crack.

copycatcat
2015-02-06, 07:52 PM
The shopkeeper attempts to prevent Dragok from entering the back room, asking him a question in the language spoken by everyone else around.

manwithaplan
2015-02-06, 08:10 PM
Savus, in the Bartender's form, casually strolled up to the first door on the left and knocked.

"Excuse me, may I come in?" He asked, peeking through the crack. "This is an urgent matter."

This time counting the people in the room. I don't know exactly what Bluff/Disguise check you want, so I'll let you roll it for me (keeping the Disguise Self bonus in mind) and save some time.

Savus' plan is essentially to be permitted into everyone's room and then go in, close the door, and punch them all to death. Feel free to time skip as you wish if doing this will be trivially easy. This will end him with sixteen Vampire Spawn thralls (after a few days of waiting, anyway), several more independent Thralls who he plans to bend to his will, and naturally a whole let of Temporary Hit Points for whatever comes next.

copycatcat
2015-02-06, 08:11 PM
You succeed at killing the first one, but he screams, and no others will let you into their rooms.

esorscher
2015-02-06, 08:32 PM
Dragok steps around the shopkeeper. "I don't speak your language," he says, in the four languages he knows.

manwithaplan
2015-02-06, 08:45 PM
Savus stepped across the room after his first kill, frustrated that only one individual had been waiting for him in that room. Looking into the next door through its crack, he did not speak, but instead looked around for somebody within sight.

Can I see anyone that I can Dominate?

Sønderjye
2015-02-07, 09:14 AM
The halfling stares in disbelief at the vampire. He vaguely remembers vampires and he can't imagine ever metting a variant so arrogant, so uncooperative, so useless and worst of all with complete disregard for subtlety.
When he sees Savus using a spell while looking at him his eyes open wide. There's one of two things that could explain the lack of tingling sensation that came after a spell were thrown at you. Either it succeeded or it was targeting your equiptment. why you you.. I was helping you he hisses the last part before sprinting upstairs.he then graps his spellbook and starts reading like a maniac.

Run action
Swift: sudden leap [roll0]
For a total of 90 feet moved. Using inspiration to autosucceed on tumble
Next round: swift study - belker claws for invisibility

manwithaplan
2015-02-07, 02:54 PM
"I was helping me too!" Savus replied. "That weapon was an affront to my very existence, it had to go."

He raised an eyebrow as his ally dashed up the stairs towards him, spell book out. He stepped in to do something about this sudden display, grabbing them by the shoulders.

"Now, now, no need for aggression."

Scratch the killing of the people in the rooms and whatnot. Before Sonder uses Swift Study, I'm going to grapple him.

Touch Attack [roll0]
Grapple Check [roll1]

copycatcat
2015-02-07, 07:55 PM
The shopkeeper can't understand Dragok.

esorscher
2015-02-07, 08:15 PM
Dragok continues past the shopkeeper into the backroom to look at the wares.

copycatcat
2015-02-07, 08:16 PM
The shopkeeper tries in vain to hold you back, but stops when she realizes your strength. She carries mundane weapons, items, and armor of almost all sorts.

esorscher
2015-02-07, 08:18 PM
Dragok goes back outside, and looks for the biggest house.

copycatcat
2015-02-07, 08:19 PM
They are all close enough in size that you cannot tell which is largest.

esorscher
2015-02-07, 09:58 PM
"Hmm... No clear leader, no clear center of authority," Dragok says. "If it weren't for the language barrier, this would be perfect." He shifts his essentia into combat positions, then grabs the nearest villager and disembowels them.

Shifting essentia to Girallon Arms.

Claw 1: [roll0], [roll1]; [roll2], [roll3]
Claw 2: [roll4], [roll5]; [roll6], [roll7]
Claw 3: [roll8], [roll9]; [roll10], [roll11]
Claw 4: [roll12], [roll13]; [roll14], [roll15]

Sønderjye
2015-02-08, 09:31 AM
After passing the door and realising that Savus isn't following the human(halfling) slows down. He finds a corner and casts invisibility. He then packs the glaive in the clothes of their former captor(the guard he dragged outside) and stores it in his haversack. He then reads some more in his spellbook to prepare polymorph. He sneaks back into the in, past Savus' feeding and to the half-orc. He picks up the half-orc, letting his invisibility affect him as well and drags him downstairs to the former captor. He then picks straps the two corpses to himself and turns into a badger, absorbing the corpses into himself.

If everything goes as planned he'll travel to the forest, find a hidden spot and dig a hole before dismissing polymorph, returning to the human form and throw the half-orc into the grave. All while keeping an eye open for onlookers.

Move silently to avoid Savus hearing him: Taking 10 for 34

copycatcat
2015-02-08, 10:14 AM
Most of the villagers run toward the mountains. A mage comes out of her hut to say "Stop killing us," in Giant. "Let us be free, and leave us."

esorscher
2015-02-08, 11:15 AM
"Are you in charge here?" Dragok says, moving next to the mage.

JBarca
2015-02-08, 09:37 PM
Throm continues on toward the mountains, keeping his eyes open for any sort of aggressive wild animals.

Nothing really new to add, just wanted to make a post. I know it'll be a while to get there on foot.

copycatcat
2015-02-08, 09:47 PM
"No, but nobody is. We have fled over a long and womanly sea from a oppression. Even if it was a sexist notion, you would do well to leave; the people will not serve another tyrant." She looks to you with a pleasant smile upon her face. "Even if they must die. And you are speaking to me because I can spellcast to speak your languages, no other reason. Goodbye, Dragok."

It is only at this point you realize that the mage and the shopkeeper are the only two females you have seen in this town, despite it having a population of around twenty you've seen, and, you guess, another ten you haven't.

esorscher
2015-02-08, 10:02 PM
"Then they will die," Dragok says, clawing the mage.

Full attack:

copycatcat
2015-02-08, 10:11 PM
In response to your attacks, the mage teleports away about 10 feet. She then summons a dog on the opposite side of you. "Really, ogre? I see you are as bad an oppressor as anyone. And besides, you know that you will gain nothing from them if I die.."

esorscher
2015-02-08, 10:16 PM
"Unless you are capable of sending me back to my home plane, you have nothing to offer me. I will gain nothing from them if you live, either, if you refuse to serve me. A reed bends to the storm, an oak breaks, and you and your kind seem insistent on being as oaks." He claws at the dog. "I will break you as the storm breaks the oak."

copycatcat
2015-02-08, 10:24 PM
"I was afraid I'd hear that, and am confused. What is a plane?" She teleports back again. After teleporting away, she walks back up to you and hits you with a longsword she seemingly pulled out of nowhere, also channeling a ghoulish spell. 10 damage from the longsword, 3 damage from Flaming on the longsword, and 12 damage from the spell. And another 15 from Sneak Attack.

esorscher
2015-02-08, 10:29 PM
(3 points are absorbed by armor) Dragok smiles. "I thought as much."

Full attack

copycatcat
2015-02-08, 10:51 PM
The mage sounds, "Ponart, komhihlp!Then teleport from your attacks and casts a web under your feet. DC 17.

esorscher
2015-02-08, 10:56 PM
Dragok activates his anklet of translocation to escape from the webs, then uses his wings to fly over the web in a charging leap attack against the Mage, spitting and snarling.

Anklet of Translocation, swift action. Using wings to fly/ leap over the webs, charging the Mage. Also, we are out in the open street--what are the two diametrically opposite points the web is anchored to?

Pounce:

copycatcat
2015-02-08, 11:01 PM
It's attached to a tree and a house.

More abrupt jaunting occurs, and so does a 24 damage fireball. DC 18.

esorscher
2015-02-08, 11:04 PM
Dragok pounces again, skin singed.

56/102.

Forgot +2 to charge in the rolls, so add 2 to all the attack rolls above.

copycatcat
2015-02-08, 11:09 PM
She uses up another Jaunt.

She then fires a DC 20 high power fireball at you. 47 damage, save 27.

esorscher
2015-02-08, 11:13 PM
Dragok manages to avoid most of the blast, but still takes some damage. He holds 5 of it in his delayed damage pool, fueling his attacks.

Another pounce, +5 attack, damage as well from Delayed Damage Pool.

copycatcat
2015-02-08, 11:20 PM
The mage teleports away from you, drops a fireball for 21, DC 19, and runs sixty feet away from you. The innkeeper, whom you now realize came out of his inn, charges you, leaping up to start the blows from the air. He hits once for 38.

esorscher
2015-02-08, 11:22 PM
Dragok is dead. At least in the afterlife he can find peace, and answers.

Dread_Head
2015-02-09, 10:58 AM
"Well Anina thank you for answering my questions. I'll follow your lead now to to the bar the vampire and halfling are holed up inside. What is your plan for defeating them? I would loathe to see a vampire take control of this village but I must request a few minutes to speak with them and find out their origins and if they know why they're here. Perhaps I could talk them down and convince them to leave the village in peace?"

copycatcat
2015-02-09, 12:48 PM
The witch smiles. "If you can, That would even be better."

Sønderjye
2015-02-09, 04:53 PM
The human who previously was a halfling will ask random peasants where to find a priest. If they point him towards the inn he'll ask if they know any other priests in case the ones in the inn have left.

copycatcat
2015-02-09, 05:01 PM
The peasants describe how to get to the town the king resides in, and tell you that the bartender and half-orc were the only priests here.

Sønderjye
2015-02-09, 05:12 PM
Suppose I overestimated the importance of the church he thinks. He'll do some shopping and then travel to the kings city. He'll dtrap the dead guard to the back of the horse he plans to buy.

buying a sap and a horse. Also a container for the glaive.

Dread_Head
2015-02-10, 04:17 PM
Bast pushes the door to the pub open and shouts "Vampire. Halfling. Are you still in there? I wish to speak with you, I am Bast one of those who woke up in the cell with you."

He then walks into the bar room and waits a short while.

manwithaplan
2015-02-10, 04:56 PM
Savus appears from upstairs, descending to the ground floor while still using the appearence of the Bartender.

"Curses! Are you yet another ally of that wretched Vampire?"

Disguise Check, opposed by Spot.
Disguise [roll0]

Dread_Head
2015-02-10, 07:06 PM
Not noticing Savus' disguise Bast greets the barman.

"Hail friend, I am no ally of the vampire filth. I was brought to this world in a small group of which he was a part and I am simply tracking him down to speak with him and find out if he knows why we were brought here. Have you encountered him? Or a halfling who might have been accompanying him?"

manwithaplan
2015-02-11, 05:58 AM
"Oh, I have encountered him indeed. That wretched undead destroyed my weapon and killed a friend of mine. Rest his soul." Now at the foot of the stairs, Savus sighed to feign sorrow.

"He had the audacity to assume my late Half-Orc friend's form and attempt to deceive me, but I overpowered him and the Halfling siding with him before forcing them both to run off. I don't know if they intend to return, but I suspect they will still be disguised if they do; the Vampire will still be in my friend's form, and I saw the Halfling turn into a human as he escaped. I must assure you, these individuals represent great danger to the entire settlement. You must assist me in restraining them."

Bluff [roll0] to fool you into thinking that the Vampire fled and the Bartender remains in the inn, as opposed to the alternative which is true.

Dread_Head
2015-02-11, 06:35 AM
"I am sorry for your loss good sir. I will assist you in restraining the vampire and halfling." Bast says before turning and opening the door again and speaking with Anina.

"Come in Anina it seems the vampire has left the inn already, the only person in here is the bartender."

copycatcat
2015-02-16, 09:22 AM
"Oh, probably," says the witch, "but I prefer precaution." She dispels Savus' disguise.

OOC: Sorry about disappearing on you; I checked in my subscriptions once, but didn't have time to post, then forgot I didn't post.

Dread_Head
2015-02-16, 07:19 PM
"Hmm, it seems you are not who you claimed to be and are in fact the vampire I am seeking. I wish to speak with you, have you any idea why you were placed in that cell or who our captors were?" Bast says calmly. He tenses slightly however ready to spring into action should the vampire attack him.

manwithaplan
2015-02-17, 04:57 AM
Savus raised an eyebrow as his disguise was ruined, keeping his cool.

"Hmm, you got me," he said to the witch. "Apologies. My kind aren't treated very well in this place." Then he looked to the fellow newcomer to this realm.

"I have no idea. I've tried my best to befriend the locals, but a lot of them have an unfortunate attack-on-sight policy for me." He looked again to the witch, some fake form of despair in his dead eyes.

"You wouldn't do such a thing to me, I'm sure?"

More Bluff, if I need it.

[roll0]

Dread_Head
2015-02-17, 08:56 AM
"No idea?" Bast sighs. "I expected as much but thought I might as well ask. Still it would be a shame for our imprisonment to result in your death which I assure you Anina here will accomplish if you continue trying to take over this village."

Bast moves to one of the tables and drinks from a half empty tankard of beer. "Perhaps we could travel elsewhere in this world and you could find somewhere less sun worshipping to settle down? Also have you any idea where the halfling got to?"

manwithaplan
2015-02-18, 02:28 AM
Well, they seemed peaceful enough. Savus really saw no reason to lie.

"Well, alright, I suppose I could lay off on the taking over. As for the Halfling, he left this place disguised as a Human. Who knows where he could be now."

Sønderjye
2015-02-18, 04:17 AM
Meanwhile a halfling is whissling a tune, happily on his way to the kings city.

copycatcat
2015-02-18, 07:21 PM
"Now, where is Sorrla?" shouts the witch at Savus.

Sonder: You arrive in the king's city. It appears to have five districts: a peasant's quarter, a noble's quarter, a church's quarter, a market quarter, and a guest's quarter. On the other side of all the districts is a castle.

manwithaplan
2015-02-20, 04:29 PM
"No reason to raise your voice, ma'am," Savus returned in a calmly arrogant tone.

"You see, I have no idea what that is."

Sønderjye
2015-02-20, 07:30 PM
The halfling rides(in his natural shape) through the city to the church quarter's with a dead and probably stinky man lying on the horse behind him. He'll ask a random citizen, preferably someone looking like a priest, I need someone to allow me to ask this fellow some questions, where can I find one with those abilities?

copycatcat
2015-02-28, 12:10 AM
Savus: "The man you killed. Leave, so I may grieve for my friend without an actor!

Sonder: No men are on the priest quarter streets, just churches.

manwithaplan
2015-02-28, 12:45 AM
"If you insist. Oh, but don't touch the first door on the left upstairs. That's my room now. I'll pay rent in whatever coinage you fellows have."

Savus whistled as he strolled outside, still in the Bartender's form. He was confident, even if he ran into the man he was copying, that he could convince anyone nearby that he was the real priest.

Well, I've got a minute to move or I'll disintegrate under the sun. Of the buildings around, how many look like they are publicly open? Roughly what do they look like?

copycatcat
2015-02-28, 11:50 AM
You find the only open place besides the inn is the store. All else is the inn, the witch's hut, and residential homes.

copycatcat
2015-02-28, 11:52 AM
Throm: You can act around the mountains now. They show no sign of life besides a few insentient animals.

JBarca
2015-02-28, 12:19 PM
Throm begins to walk the edge of the foothills and forests, looking for anything out of place. He watches for the dangerous beasts apparently threatening the villages nearby. He watches for anything unnatural that may be influencing the poor animals. He looks for Grolpin.

Survival Check, looking for indications of tracks from dangerous animals, indications of some sort of unnatural something that may be stirring them up, and looking for Grolpin.

[roll0]

copycatcat
2015-02-28, 01:03 PM
The animals nearby are mostly wolves and sheep.

You get a strong feeling Grolpin is on Aeroste, but not near these mountains.

JBarca
2015-02-28, 01:47 PM
Throm heads deeper into the hills, looking for a place to stay.

Looking for a cave or hollow or something of that sort. I'm going to try to get a new animal companion until I can find Grolpin. I'll be using Survival to feed myself (can't fail the check).

manwithaplan
2015-03-01, 10:19 PM
Savus goes to the store and steps in, having a look at his surroundings before doing anything else.

Sønderjye
2015-03-02, 04:23 AM
The halfling ties his horse outside and enters one of the churches. He'll ask for someone to cast speak with the dead.

copycatcat
2015-03-03, 04:37 PM
Throm- You find a good cave to rest in. You find no valid animal companions before resting except wolves.

Savus- A man runs the otherwise empty shop, with a few cheap items up front, but most kept in storage in a back room.

Sonder- Pick a church.

The biggest is that of Solas, but Faris, god of travel, Lones, god of the moon, and Telzas, god of magic have midsized temple. The gods of light, theft, control, choice, and escape all have small temples.

Sønderjye
2015-03-03, 04:50 PM
The halfling enters the god of the moon's temple.

copycatcat
2015-03-03, 05:59 PM
"Who wishes for the blessings of Lones, god of the moon?"

Sønderjye
2015-03-03, 06:05 PM
I do the halfling says stepping in confidently. I have been brought to this place against my will through magic and I request a spell to be cast that may reveal why or at least how I am here

copycatcat
2015-03-03, 06:10 PM
"You answer the questions from Lones first, then you ask. Who requests His blessings?" The voice comes from straight above you.

Sønderjye
2015-03-03, 06:13 PM
I did. I am requesting his aid. His confident posture drops to something a kind of a lost puppy If you're looking for a name I can't help you, I can't remember anything previous to waking up here.

manwithaplan
2015-03-04, 02:19 AM
"Good day, sir," Savus said as he entered the store. The man was just standing there, alone...difficult to resist. But he had the foundation of his new army, and he wouldn't spoil it with overkill.

"I'm new in town. Could you tell me about the local area?"

Uh, Diplomacy, I guess.

[roll0]

copycatcat
2015-03-04, 09:08 PM
As Savus walks toward the counter, the man cowers, then he disappears, although you hear spellcasting from the back room.

Sonder: "Then let's fix that! Lones is as well as of moon of secrets and knowledge shared in the night. Come and take his blessings, and you can find your name once more!" You feel yourself beckoned towards the temple.
OOC: Do you want to pick a name, or do you want me to surprise you?

manwithaplan
2015-03-05, 02:47 AM
"Oh, forget it."

Savus disappeared as he cast Dimension Door, attempting to return back to the room he had claimed in the Inn. He looked around for the body of the man he had killed.

copycatcat
2015-03-06, 04:03 PM
The half-orc is not in the inn room.

manwithaplan
2015-03-13, 02:55 AM
Nodding as he saw the corpse in place, the undead fiend stepped over to the door and looked into the hallway for the second man he had killed.

copycatcat
2015-03-15, 04:25 PM
Savus: What second man? You killed the half-orc and the guy in his room. Neither are in the hallway.

Sonder: You are compelled into the church to a priest sitting by a blue fire. He casts a spell which includes pouring cheese in the fire, and when it comes, the voice that you heard earlier speaks again, and says, "You are Horrk, king of a halfling tribe on another planet. You were taken by one who wishes to change the future before it happens by removing key figures from their homes early on. They protect themselves well against divinations, and so that is all Lones can offer you."

Sønderjye
2015-03-15, 04:32 PM
Horrk.. Horrk, the halfling Horrk tastes the sound of his name. Hearing that he's actually a king his back straightens a bit before bowing deeply, thank you Lones. It couldn't hurt being respectful to the god. After a moment of awkward silence he asks so ehm I actually came here because I need someone to speak with the corpse I have lying outside, he was one of the guys that were keeping me locked when I first arrived to this planet.