PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A dual boost class feature rules question

rrwoods
2015-01-28, 01:38 AM
Swordsage's "dual boost" class feature says that you can initiate any other boost maneuver you know as a free action. There's no errata to say you have to have the second boost readied. Or even unexpended! Is this right? Can I dual boost an expended or not-readied maneuver?

Karl Aegis
2015-01-28, 02:15 AM
The boosts are expended normally. You seem to want to imply that maneuvers can be expended normally without being readied. Are you sure you want it to work like that? This interpretation would also effect NPCs.

rrwoods
2015-01-28, 02:42 AM
The boosts are expended normally. You seem to want to imply that maneuvers can be expended normally without being readied. Are you sure you want it to work like that? This interpretation would also effect NPCs.
"Expended normally" to me means that, as normal, as a result of initiating the maneuver, it's expended. You can't normally initiate a maneuver that isn't readied (but if you did, it would be expended afterward).

To be clear, I don't expect that this is how the rule would ever be interpreted in a real game. Obviously the feature is intended to let you use two boosts at once, either of which you could have initiated individually. I'm just wondering if "you know" has the meaning I think it does (by RAW).