PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Vampire Lord of Amn

j_spencer93
2015-01-28, 01:54 AM
For my current campaign the shadow thieves are growing in power after Deepshadow appears taking command of the guild once more. He seeks to transform the guild into his own Vampiric covent.

Well to fit with his theme and the idea of the campaign i have made him a shadow vampire (some Dragon magazine, idr which). However i originally was thinking hexblade (idk liked the flavor) but not i am interested in knowing if their are more shadow themed rogue classes.

gorfnab
2015-01-28, 02:13 AM
Telflammar Shadowlord - UE
Shadowblade - ToM
Swordsage with Shadow Hand focus - ToB
Shadowdancer - DMG
Umbral Disciple - MoI

WeaselGuy
2015-01-28, 02:21 AM
Maybe even Crinti Shadow Marauder... I don't remember how close Dambrath is to Amn though...

edit: Beguiler could be on the list, kind of a roguish spellcaster...

j_spencer93
2015-01-28, 12:16 PM
I will have to check some of these out. Beguiler would be interesting, would fit the rogue style and him being able to trick others into doing as he wished.
Shadowblade maneuvers may be what i use, since this is a non-fullcaster based campaign. I like shadow dancer but shadow vampire seems to have given me most of its abilities. Telflammar Shadowlord...have no clue what that even is.
Lol ok...shadowlord gives me a second way to cheat death, but it a way cooler fashion that makes more sense. Also the few spells it grants i can make use of.

EDIT: shadowdancer is not what i thought it was, instead it may be worth using.

What about shadowblade or shadow thief of amn?

j_spencer93
2015-01-28, 12:25 PM
So to better describe his "theme". He is a shadow vampire meant who has taken over as Deepshadow, and plans on conquering the night blades and night mask after fully conquering the shadow thieves. Basically he is using small thieves guilds to increase the number of shadow vampires in Faerun, with those he turns turning more to grow a personal army of the undead beings.

He needs to be a decent roguish build, with shadow abilities.

Thinking swordsage + shadow blade. then tflammmor shadowlord. maybe shadow dancer 2

if not the roguish idea i thought of maybe a Kas fanatic (kas is a vestige now).

j_spencer93
2015-01-29, 11:50 AM
OK i went with a vampire who manipulates shadows. my build so far is

rogue 1 (+1d6 sneak)
ninja (rokugan) 1 (+1d6 sneak)
master of mask 1 (+1d6 sneak but love the idea of this class and fits his background before being turned into a vampire)
tflammor shadowlord 4
assassin 9? (+5d6 sneak + spells)
swordsage 4 (+2d6 sneak, assassin's stance)

however i am now wondering if i worried to much about sneak attack, and am thinking a more swordsage/shadow hand focused build would fit the sneaky, master of shadows shadow vampire better. which do you think makes a cooler BBEG and a better boss fight? really need some input.

a shadowhand build gets some interesting abilities of manipulating shadows with a capstone attack dealing 15d6 extra damage + ability drain.
you could technically make a hybrid of both looking something close to
swordsage 14 (or stalker if dm allows), tflammor shadowlord 4, X 2. thinking assassin 1 + master of mask 1

NVM went with swordsage 14, tflammor shadowlord 6. gets me everything i needed.