PDA

View Full Version : Craziest most outlandish PCs you've ever played or seen

Glorius Nippon
2015-01-29, 12:25 AM
As tittle says, what PCs have you seen that made you stop and think "wtf", or what PCs have you played that made other people do that same?

As for me, found a really obscure blog post that creates a class for (what I believe is 3.5) d&d based off of... the Tau Empire from Warhammer 40k.

To make a long story short, I was piloting a Broadside Battlesuit in your standard high fantasy D&D world. http://www.games-workshop.com/en-FI/Tau-XV88-Broadside-Battlesuit;jsessionid=B1FBC47E3B759E3496659EC49E11 DB5B?_requestid=11490205

Needless to say, that character wasn't played for more than a single session.

So what are your craziest PCs?

j_spencer93
2015-01-29, 12:50 AM
one of my players had a gay soldiers from ww2 transported to the FR who feel in love with another player's kobold sorcerer.

Karl Aegis
2015-01-29, 01:45 AM
The Abyss, Elysium, Seven Heavens and Carceri.

SwordChucks
2015-01-29, 12:34 PM
This is for a BoEF game that never got off the ground so I'll spoiler it.

I was helping a player make a build with an emphasis on the ability to use any part of your body as an unarmed strike and kensai's ability to enhance unarmed strike with sizing and morphing. I called the build "Max Johnson" but the player made it even better with the character's backstory.

Albert E. Monet is a changeling that spent his youth philandering with women of all shapes and sizes. Later in life he returned to a remote village he had visited and found that he was the father of a considerable amount of the children present. He swore an oath after that to find his massive brood and get to know each of them.

The build was a changeling unarmed swordsage/warshaper/kensai and that player has used Al as the father of several of their characters since.

Dysart
2015-01-29, 01:19 PM
Wow so many to pull from:

2ed ADnD, saw a ranger take out an epic dragon with 1 shot. No magical equipment was involved.... pretty brutal.

3.5, my half-ling sorcerer riding a Skeletal Umber Hulk into combat vs a dracula-like vampire NPC... that was fun :P

3.5, Were-badger Barbarian... need I say more?

Probably more but just can't remember them >.<

Flickerdart
2015-01-29, 01:27 PM
Monstrous Savage Vampire Tauric Thri-Kreen Large Monstrous Scorpion//Totemist. So many limbs, all of them designed to murder you and your little dog, too.

Thankfully, this was on MapTool and I had macros for my full attacks. I don't think anyone owns that many dice, nor hands large enough to throw them all at once.

Aegis013
2015-01-29, 02:09 PM
Feral, Half-Minotaur, Saint, Beloved of Avoleen (homebrew +1 LA template, basically gave wild empathy, or a bonus if it was redundant, a small Int and Cha boost, and allowed you to count as a halfling for the purpose of class qualification) Human, A-Game Paladin//Dips/Ashworm Dragoon 1/Beastmaster 1/Wild Plains Outrider (Ubermount etc)//Spellthief (never got into Knight of the Weave for that sweet Mystic Fire Knight + Master Spellthief + Spellthief + Knight of the Weave CL shenanigan).

All the characters were triple gestalt, though only T4 and lower base classes were allowed. I was playing with a 3.5 only planeswalking magic-gunman and a karate bear as teammates. The game died out before any of the characters really came into full power, I was doing round-robin DM with two people who normally refuse to DM, and eventually they fell onto old habits and refused to DM.

Vhaidara
2015-01-29, 02:11 PM
A Colossal++ Thrallherd Flying Snail (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=898601)

theUnearther
2015-01-29, 02:32 PM
Warforged Healer with a bunch of the "ubergood" vows, hanging out with an evil party. There was some vague prophecy that all their evil would one day be worth it for the greater good, so she was in left scrambling left and right to minimize the damage they'd do without preventing them from whatever great thing they were going to do.

Deadasadoor
2015-01-29, 02:35 PM
My favorite character remains my half ogre/obah-blessed(for 4 extra arms)/kensai/monk//UA swordsage played in a Kung Fu Hustle themed gestalt game. Since the DM ruled that Multiweapon Fighting could apply to his fists, he had something like 12+ unarmed strikes in a round. Along with Thicket of Blades, a high dex score, and scorpions grasp he was a forced to be reckoned with, especially since mages didn't exist in the setting.

Awakened oozes are always hilarious.

Segev
2015-01-29, 02:45 PM
The craziest, most outlandish PC I ever played was a Gray Elf Diviner/Wild Mage.

He was more than a little nuts, had wandered the planes when probably too low a level to be doing so with any sense of safety, and tended to get confused about which reality and/or divined future he was currently in.

Being a diviner, however, he was often crazy like a fox, and would go do things that made no sense because they would make sense later. Or act on information he couldn't yet have. Or sometimes do things that were just plain stupid, but nobody could tell the difference because of all the random nonsense he got up to.

He was in a Rod of Seven Parts campaign. The incident I remember best involved us having just found the first part of the Rod, and it being in somebody's backpack. My CN elf wanted NOTHING to do with it, if he could avoid it. However, he also wanted the party to come with him to talk to some random NPCs who might have more information. They wouldn't. So he used Ventriloquism to make "the Rod" tell the party to go talk to those guys. They pulled the Rod out to talk to it better while the Elf didn't notice, so the voice kept coming from the backpack. This led to a fair bit of time being spent trying to find the invisible guy who had hidden in the one character's backpack.

Azoth
2015-01-29, 03:09 PM
One of my favorites was in a getsalt campaign using a homebrew class and unarmed swordsage with the dark sun advanced human as my race.

He was a retired merc who worked his dad's theater as a ticket taker and fill in performer. He swore up and down to the party that he was just a ticket taker and actor. Cue us getting jumped by some storm giants. One of them charged my character and tried to bullrush me off of the cliff we were near. The class had the ability to burn power points on a 1 for 1 basis to gain a very brief enhancement bonus to any stat. So I dumped into my Strength and managed to negate the bullrush.

The look on the rest of the party's faces was hilarious, especially when in the next round I one shoted the giant bare handed. This led to many speculations about the clientele of the theater and just what kind of performances we really did.

Another was a tibbit I modeled after a Cheshire cat. Full blown invisibility shenanigans and random sayings that seemed puzzling for no reason. He also had a mischevious streak of swapping peoples' possessions or reorganizing things just to bug you.

dysike
2015-01-29, 03:32 PM
A player in my current campaign is playing as an awakened war-pony.

SwordChucks
2015-01-29, 03:39 PM
A player in my current campaign is playing as an awakened war-pony.

Does it have magic based on the power of friendship and a butt tattoo?

atemu1234
2015-01-29, 03:41 PM
This is for a BoEF game that never got off the ground so I'll spoiler it.

I was helping a player make a build with an emphasis on the ability to use any part of your body as an unarmed strike and kensai's ability to enhance unarmed strike with sizing and morphing. I called the build "Max Johnson" but the player made it even better with the character's backstory.

Albert E. Monet is a changeling that spent his youth philandering with women of all shapes and sizes. Later in life he returned to a remote village he had visited and found that he was the father of a considerable amount of the children present. He swore an oath after that to find his massive brood and get to know each of them.

The build was a changeling unarmed swordsage/warshaper/kensai and that player has used Al as the father of several of their characters since.

How many in all?

SiuiS
2015-01-29, 03:45 PM
I had a Lillend draconic half fey who was a lord of chaos (of of chaos and amber fame), but that's pretty straightforward.

Then there was Two Fell Strokes, a Ravenous fleshvigor netherhound greater phantom incarnate construct ice beast half-Minotaur unseelie water Orc evolved swarmshifter undead legionary fire-souled nimble hunting deathknight. Ended up at LA+4, I think? Maybe less. His face was an armored cow skull with a series of jaws that unfolded like a mutant spider declaring war, and ripped away like chainsaw blades. He wore full Mechanus armor type stuff and had a "chariot" that was just treads with some shielding and a ballista attached.

I was a panzer.

Then there's the idea I had as a sort of self-mockery that I've not yet used (but might still, given time). A Brony. I can't find the saved notes, but use a third party feat (family tradition? I think) to switch what your primary casting stat is. Be a big, burly and angry biker stereotype; chains and fists and leather. Bandanna, glasses, mutton chops. Have a modified construct horse of dark metal that spews fire, name of Harley (there are numerous ways to do this, be creative!), and... Be a crafter. Have an item familiar that's a tiny plastic pastel horse whose tail you brush every night. Take theconfort object flaw (pony). Make the girliest, least intimidating items you can, giving your party members magical charm bracelets and unicorn stickers and pink frosted cupcakes as potions.

Vhaidara
2015-01-29, 03:54 PM
Oh, I've got another one.

Half-Dragon (modified to give everyone wings) Warforged (legal, since Half-Dragon can be applied to any living creature) with Maug Rollers and levels in Dragonfire Adept. So a winged flamethrower tank.

The best part? He also had an extreme focus on Knowledge skills, plus Autohypnosis, and the campaign was Xorvintaal themed, so I was an ancient library that was sought after. That happened to also be a winged flamethrower tank.

dysike
2015-01-29, 04:17 PM
Does it have magic based on the power of friendship and a butt tattoo?

He wanted to be a paladin of the church of the god of love (following an interpretation which made it more about friendship) but gave up after we couldn't decide what his holy mount could be.

SwordChucks
2015-01-29, 04:18 PM
How many in all?

It was left open, but at least hundreds. The same character has appeared in a few games since then in different prime material worlds.

Alent
2015-01-29, 04:34 PM
My personal craziest was an extremely elderly Kobold Trapsetter/Wizard/Arcane Trickster with a small army of Dedicated Wrights. He was trying to fulfill his childhood dream of building giant clockwork mecha before he died of old age, and ended up being a cross between David Xanatos and Master Splinter by campaign's end.

Knaight
2015-01-29, 04:52 PM
I haven't played anything all that outlandish. There's the occasional joke character, there's the spy for a dead country trying to bring it back, there's a few other things along those lines. There are also some NPCs I've been sitting on that I haven't gotten to use that are pretty outlandish.

Then there are the PCs I've seen while GMing. Most notably, there's Silent Gecko Hunts Quietly. Silent Gecko Hunts Quietly was a monk, from a martial monastic order. He was quiet, as befits the name, and part of that was stealth. Part of it was he didn't talk much, as he could only speak in proverbs. This led to a few interesting in character conversations, where he and an NPC talked in proverbs to each other while the rest of the players at the table had no idea of what was being said. The other notable trait was his best skill - improvise weapon. That's "improvise" not "improvised". SGHQ had a gift for punching trees in the precise way to make shruiken come out, throwing rocks at trees to knock off the one branch that is the perfect club, beating down castle gates to both get through and arm all allies around him, and similar antics.

Nibbens
2015-01-29, 04:53 PM
A Neutral Evil Half Orc sorcerer, with the serpent bloodline, focusing on mind altering shenanigans and maintaining all kinds of charms and compulsions all at once. Combat quickly slipped in his favor as all the fighter types (with low will saves) failed again and again to resist the domination effects.

The best part was his roleplay interactions where he would brutally torture someone to get info and then cast a mind blank on them to make them forget that it happened.

atemu1234
2015-01-29, 04:55 PM
A Neutral Evil Half Orc sorcerer, with the serpent bloodline, focusing on mind altering shenanigans and maintaining all kinds of charms and compulsions all at once. Combat quickly slipped in his favor as all the fighter types (with low will saves) failed again and again to resist the domination effects.

The best part was his roleplay interactions where he would brutally torture someone to get info and then cast a mind blank on them to make them forget that it happened.

This is awesome.

sideswipe
2015-01-29, 05:02 PM
posting my character is against forum rules... i mean REALLY against it