PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Derpir Synthesist Build

Snowbluff
2015-01-29, 08:02 AM
Synthesist

Important Feats: Blood Drinker, Diverse Palate, Diverse Palate, Diverse Palate, Diverse Palate, Diverse Palate...

Important Evolutions: Head x6, Bite x7

NightbringerGGZ
2015-01-29, 08:19 AM
Dhampir?

Hmm... this could be ammusing. And Dhampir get racial heritages, this could get even better! Personally, I'd picture this vamp like some of the semi-demonic forms taken on by the older vampires in Hellsing (multiple eyes and mouths on a form that constantly changes).

Since you're going with this many bite attacks I'd see what could be done through "Bigger Boat" tactics too.

Snowbluff
2015-01-29, 09:03 AM
Oh man, that's be cool. I was going to suggest Bigger Boat with Bites and Con damage, but the post was more pithy this way. :smalltongue:

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-29, 11:30 AM
If you wanted this to actually be effective, it might do to go for a "hydra" build. Slap reach and grab on each of the heads and you can apply some huge CMB bonuses to grapple multiple enemies and lock them in place. Technically, you should be using a serpentine base form so that you can get constrict, but its not super necessary.

Snowbluff
2015-01-29, 11:59 AM
IIRC, reach has a cost per weapon. If you want reach, you want to be in a base form that gives it with size increase. For damage, the Bigger Boat Strategy (max out size bonuses to a certain weapon) is the best option. However, I wouldn't suggest this build in the first place unless you are running a humanoid-heavy campaign.

NightbringerGGZ
2015-01-29, 12:50 PM
Reach must be paid for per weapon, so the total EP cost per attack is starting to get a bit high. You're already paying 2 EP per bite attack. The Bigger Boat strategy will net you some extended reach naturally though!

Elricaltovilla
2015-01-29, 01:52 PM
Reach must be paid for per weapon, so the total EP cost per attack is starting to get a bit high. You're already paying 2 EP per bite attack. The Bigger Boat strategy will net you some extended reach naturally though!

Huh, wasn't aware it was per weapon. That's kind of annoying.

grarrrg
2015-01-29, 09:17 PM

Technically 3 EP per Bite, 2 for the Head, and 1 for the Bite.

Also Reach Evolution does NOT have a "can be taken multiple times" rider. It is _once_ for _one_ attack _ever_.
It's still handy, but VERY restricted.

Snowbluff
2015-01-29, 10:08 PM
You can save on a bite by going with fangs on your dhampir. You can save on another one by being a quadruped, but you'd miss out on reach.