PDA

View Full Version : Cool ideas to build on a Tiefling Warblade

JW86
2015-01-29, 12:25 PM
Hey Playgrounders,

The 3.5 campaign I am playing in at the moment has me running a Level 3 Lesser Tiefling Warblade, focussing on Iron Heart, Diamond Mind and Tiger Claw. My original plan was to continue in Warblade, and then take 2 levels of Swordsage (Level 9&10) to expand the character with some Desert Wind/Shadow Hand stuff for fluff.

The Warblade did have the good sense to pick up an ancient infernal tome from an underground library left untouched for hundreds of years. Since getting landed in prison for disorderly conduct, he may have read the book, summoned an imp, and formed a contract, namely "Two souls for freedom from this prison".

As such, I think my character is going to be down the slippery slope of devil contracts. :)

The only other idea I have in mind at the moment is that I will be hopefully, through some further bargaining/trade of 'some form' (muahaha), be gaining a couple of the Fiendish Grafts from Fiend Folio - namely the Fast Legs and Feathery Wings.

The character has also faced a lot of discrimination due to his Tiefling heritage for a young age, and in this campaign world Tieflings/Lesser Tieflings have been subjected to a lot of "racism"... so my character may be entirely in favour of creating a haven on the Material Plane for infernal races to live undisturbed.

I would like some brainstorm, go-wild suggestions on what you might do to expand the character's capabilities, without breaking the general flavour of the character. I'm happy to continue mainly Warblade (focussing on AoOs and charging) with some Swordsage dips for a bit of extra flavour, but as I always I end up feeling something is 'missing' with my characters. So if there is anyway of making an effective Warblade with a bit of caster/manifester/invocation goodness without sacrificing maneuver progression too-too much, I'm all ears. Pointy ears. Near to some horns.

Stats are Str 17, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 6 (yup...he did not have a great childhood in that orphanage...) and I'd expect most official WOTC sources will be considered by DM now.

Please, go nuts.
Thanks!

Xerlith
2015-01-29, 02:30 PM
Well, first of all I would Iron Heart Surge the contracts...

JW86
2015-01-29, 05:49 PM
:smallbiggrin:

Pretty sure those contracts will help me get what I want, eventually...

If I keep it simple with Warblade/Swordsage levels only, it could look something like this...

1 WB 1 Power Attack, Imp Bullrush
2 WB 2
3 WB 3 Combat Reflexes
4 WB 4
5 WB 5 Improved Initiative
6 WB 6 Leap Attack
7 WB 7
8 WB 8
9 WB 9 Shock Trooper, ?Blind-Fight/other
10 WB 10
11 WB 11
12 WB 12 Robilar's Gambit