PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Feat Idea

FocusWolf413
2015-01-29, 06:24 PM
My friend and I were wondering how to rule using an enemy as a bludgeon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?395450-Beating-an-Enemy-with-an-Enemy), and it turned out there wasn't anything in 3.5. Does this homebrewed feat work?

Creative Name

Prerequisites: Str 20+, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Large Size

Any time you successfully use the Improved Grab ability on someone who counts as a light load for you, you can use that opponent as a two handed improvised weapon. They deal damage as an object of their size according to the table in the back of Complete Warrior. You can add 1.5*strmod to this damage. They have a range increment of 10ft*the number of size categories smaller than you. Opponents with an especially hard, spiky, or sharp exterior (full plate/hard shell, armor spikes/spines, etc) deal damage as an object of twice their weight. They take an amount of damage equal to the amount dealt by their body. When they fall below -10 hit points (death), they break and become useless as a weapon.
A fighter can take this as a bonus feat.

MorgromTheOrc
2015-01-29, 08:03 PM
Shouldn't the existing rules already cover it, I never remember anything saying the object couldn't be a living or dead body?

FocusWolf413
2015-01-30, 01:16 AM
There is currently no 3.5 rule that covers beating a mf with another mf.

Invader
2015-01-30, 01:27 AM
There is currently no 3.5 rule that covers beating a mf with another mf.

It would fall under the improvised weapon ruleshttp://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm

Really the feat is basically just the rule. It's not really worth taking because it doesn't really add much.

Larrx
2015-01-30, 02:10 AM
The 'weapon' shouldn't take extra damage from being spiky/in plate (the way it's worded both do, only the target should, the 'weapon' should take normal damage regardless). Also, if 'creative name' isn't 'River City Ransom' then you're missing a real opportunity.

FocusWolf413
2015-01-30, 07:16 AM
The 'weapon' shouldn't take extra damage from being spiky/in plate (the way it's worded both do, only the target should, the 'weapon' should take normal damage regardless). Also, if 'creative name' isn't 'River City Ransom' then you're missing a real opportunity.

Ooh right I missed that bit. I asked someone what they thought, and he said that you should get a huge bonus to escape when you're being swung. Wouldn't that just be the Improved Grab penalty?