PDA

View Full Version : Multiclassed artificer caster level

Xeolan
2015-01-29, 07:22 PM
My lvl 3 wizard just leveled up and took a level in artificer. Say i want to craft an arcane scroll using a spell out of the the wizard's spell list, is it safe to assume my caster level from the wizard class would stack with my artificer level for the item creation? Logic tells me that if i could already craft lvl 3 arcane scrolls, focusing on the art of crafting by taking a level in artificer would allow me to craft lvl 4 arcane scrolls from the wizard spell list.

I do know that my effective caster lvl for divine spells and other arcane spells like bards' would only be 1.

I also know that i only qualify for spell level when crafting like a sorcerer would, so as a wizard3/artificer3 i should be able to mimic 3rd level wizard spells but only 1st level spells from other classes.

Although my DM allows it, i always feel a little guilty in the inside if i don't go 100% by RAW, so i'd like to know if it works this way D:

Jeff the Green
2015-01-29, 10:30 PM
No. The two are entirely separate. You either craft as an Artificer or as a Wizard.