PDA

View Full Version : Question about qualifying for Dweomerkeeper [3.5]

Bad Wolf
2015-01-29, 11:44 PM
I've searched around, and people differ on the topic.

If I take the Domain Access ACF of the sorcerer, does it qualify for having the Magic domain for the requirements of Dweomerkeeper?

Grod_The_Giant
2015-01-30, 11:00 AM
By RAW, I don't think so, as it doesn't say you gain access to the domain (as the Contemplative does), or gain a bonus domain (as the Soverign Speaker does), or anything like that. You just get the power and the spells 1/day, like an (arguably) better version of the Arcane Disciple feat. My personal ruling would be to allow it, mostly because I think it's crap for a PrC to require two types of casting and only advance one.

Gullintanni
2015-01-30, 04:34 PM
I've searched around, and people differ on the topic.

If I take the Domain Access ACF of the sorcerer, does it qualify for having the Magic domain for the requirements of Dweomerkeeper?

Yes. The relevant text is here in bold:

Domain Access

"Your depth of belief allows you to channel divine power the way a cleric does. By doing so, you gain access to a single cleric domain.
Level: 5th.

Replaces: To gain this benefit, you do not learn a new 1st-level sorcerer spell and a new 2nd-level sorcerer spell at 5th level. From now on, you know one less sorcerer spell that you can cast at each subsequent level (not counting the domain spells from this alternative class feature).

Benefit: Choose one cleric domain. If you worship a specific deity, the domain you choose must be one to which your deity grants access. You gain the granted power of the chosen domain. In addition, you can cast one domain spell of each spell level available to you per day from that domain."

It also appears that this permits you to cast these spells as Divine Spells, as the paragraph with the bold text also says that when you are casting these spells, you are channeling divine power the way a Cleric does. This would seem to indicate that your domain spells function in a manner identical to the way they would for a Cleric (eg. the spells are Divine, and are keyed off of Wisdom rather than Charisma for DCs, and whether or not you can cast them).

Bad Wolf
2015-01-30, 08:09 PM
Yes. The relevant text is here in bold:

Domain Access

"Your depth of belief allows you to channel divine power the way a cleric does. By doing so, you gain access to a single cleric domain.
Level: 5th.

Replaces: To gain this benefit, you do not learn a new 1st-level sorcerer spell and a new 2nd-level sorcerer spell at 5th level. From now on, you know one less sorcerer spell that you can cast at each subsequent level (not counting the domain spells from this alternative class feature).

Benefit: Choose one cleric domain. If you worship a specific deity, the domain you choose must be one to which your deity grants access. You gain the granted power of the chosen domain. In addition, you can cast one domain spell of each spell level available to you per day from that domain."

It also appears that this permits you to cast these spells as Divine Spells, as the paragraph with the bold text also says that when you are casting these spells, you are channeling divine power the way a Cleric does. This would seem to indicate that your domain spells function in a manner identical to the way they would for a Cleric (eg. the spells are Divine, and are keyed off of Wisdom rather than Charisma for DCs, and whether or not you can cast them).

Huh, so I don't even have to take divine caster levels. Thanks.