PDA

View Full Version : [MitP II] Morrigan

Scorpina
2007-04-04, 01:48 PM
Morrigan
Before you stands what would be a beautiful maiden – save that she seems to be bathed in fresh blood. She grips a spear tightly, matted hair – stained red – hanging down across her face where a crooked grin spreads across her lips. She approaches you, speaking in a voice just above a whisper. “Warriors, I have an offer for you…”

Size/Type: Medium Fey
Hit Dice: 8d6+36 (56 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armour Class: 17 (+4 Dex, +3 Deflection), touch 14, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7
Attack: Spear +7 melee (1d8+4/x3)
Full Attack: Spear +7 melee (1d8+4/x3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Frenzy, Spell Like-Abilities
Special Qualities: Alternate Form, Fast Healing 3, Low-Light Vision
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +5
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 17
Skills: Bluff +12, Diplomacy + 10, Intimidate +12, Listen +8, , Sense Motive +8, Spot +8, Survival +8
Feats: Persuasive, Endurance, Diehard
Environment: Any grassland
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

Malign spirits that delight in the bloodshed and slaughter of battle, Morrigans often seek out battlefields before conflict begins and offer magical aid to one, or often, both sides. They appear as human or elven women of varying ages, typically having the appearance of anything between a teenage girl and an aged crone, except that they seem constantly to be bathed in fresh, dripping blood. A morrigan can wash this ‘blood’ off in a pool, but she will only stay clean for 1d6 hours.

Combat

Though they delight in battle, Morrigans prefer only to actually engage in combat themselves when they have a strong advantage over their foes. A common ploy with the evil fey use is to promise aid to both sides, then choose which side to favour later or, on occasion, actually father both sides – usually by granting one side Mage Armour, Magic Weapon and True Strike, then using Rage to bolster their opposition. In any case, once the battle is finished the Morrigan will often use any remaining spell-like abilties on herself, activate her Frenzy ability and move in to slaughter the survivors.

Alternate Form (Su): As a standard action usable at will, a morrigan may assume the form of a raven. She receives a +20 bonus on Disguse checks mae while in this form.

Fast Healing (Ex): A morrigan heals 3 points of damage each round so long as she has -9 hit points or more and is covered in blood.

Frenzy (Ex): As a free action, a Morrigan may enter a violent frenzy. While in the frenzy, she gains a +6 strength bonus and an extra attack per round, but suffers a -3 penalty to AC and takes 2 points of subdual damage each turn from exhaustion.

Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day – Mage Armour, Magic Weapon, True Strike. At will – Rage.

TheThan
2007-04-04, 03:46 PM
For a moment I thought this was Morrgan from Capcom’s Darkstalkers (vampire Savior) fighting game series.

But anyway I like it, particularly if they are used the way the description says.

Icewalker
2007-04-04, 08:10 PM
Wow. Very cool, quite creepy.

I like the idea of it, slaughtering any survivors in a battle after helping the sides kill each other.

I can see one of these loaded with class levels, doing that with armies. Helping both sides massively then slaughtering anyone left.

Matthew
2007-04-06, 02:29 PM
Seems good, very flavourful, but I am not so sure about the Fast Healing property and conditions.