PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [3.X] The Legend of Zelda Optimization: Majora's Mask Link.

Yael
2015-01-30, 06:08 AM
I am looking forward to have Link (MM) built for an upcoming game, but I am overfilled with ideas... And at the same time I don't get anything. This is aimed for a 6th level build, with the WBL of a 8th level character, and a +1 Free of LA.

My ideas are as follows:

6th-level Gestalt and heroic array (custom): 17, 15, 15, 13, 11, 11.
I thought of a Bard 6//Divine Companion Ranger 6

Also, Bard 1/Martial Rogue 5//Divine Companion Ranger 6

Maybe Bard 1/Swordsage 5//Ranger 6

I don't know... OMG!!!

Anyone help here? I am kinda in a hurry for this one, and I rolled a natural 1 on my Google Fu check :/

DMVerdandi
2015-01-30, 07:24 AM
Half-Elf
Factotum 1/Warblade 1/Martial Wizard 3/Prestige Bard 1
Increase bard levels.

Take Human Heritage at level 1, A flaw, and Able Learner.

My bad. Didn't notice that this was a Gestalt game.

In that case,

Wizard 5/Prestige Bard 1//Factotum 1/Warblade 5

Still take the same Entry feats.
That would be a decent link.

Continue taking warblade and bard levels.

sideswipe
2015-01-30, 07:36 AM
honestly you will probably want to focus on gaining polymorph or an alternate form.

link in majora's mask is entirely about masks, and African culture (i will supply evidence if needed).
he uses this to come to terms with his death and escape purgatory.

bard honestly makes little sense past using songs. so one half of a gestalt may work.
the other side possibly wildshape ranger? master of many forms.

ok so my idea is
bard 17/ (bard prestige 3)//wildshape ranger 7 (for wildshape 3/day)/ master of many forms 10/ ranger 3 (wildshape 4/day)
take 2 flaws for the junk prerequisites.

you still have a martial side, but your power will mostly come from wildshape. just like link, and spellcasting to back it up.

note, this is only because you said majoras mask link, not any of the others.

DMVerdandi
2015-01-30, 07:55 AM
honestly you will probably want to focus on gaining polymorph or an alternate form.

link in majora's mask is entirely about masks, and African culture (i will supply evidence if needed).
he uses this to come to terms with his death and escape purgatory.

bard honestly makes little sense past using songs. so one half of a gestalt may work.
the other side possibly wildshape ranger? master of many forms.

ok so my idea is
bard 17/ (bard prestige 3)//wildshape ranger 7 (for wildshape 3/day)/ master of many forms 10/ ranger 3 (wildshape 4/day)
take 2 flaws for the junk prerequisites.

you still have a martial side, but your power will mostly come from wildshape. just like link, and spellcasting to back it up.

note, this is only because you said majoras mask link, not any of the others.

While I will agree, the bard thing is more of an ocarina of time/Wind Waker kind of thing

If we REALLY wanted to go majora's mask It would be like
Martial Rogue 5/Master of masks 10/Rogue5// On the left side, and then continuing your wild shape ranger build on the right.

Now he actually has the masks.

sideswipe
2015-01-30, 08:06 AM
While I will agree, the bard thing is more of an ocarina of time/Wind Waker kind of thing

If we REALLY wanted to go majora's mask It would be like
Martial Rogue 5/Master of masks 10/Rogue5// On the left side, and then continuing your wild shape ranger build on the right.

Now he actually has the masks.

i forgot that existed.
master of masks also progresses the ranger casting (its not amazing but its a thing)

Mato
2015-01-30, 11:46 AM
The iron heart discipline seems to be designed with Link in mind, everything from spin attacks to finishing blow. And the only martial adapt with access is also the smart warrior who gets combat bonuses for being intelligent. So just progress one side as a warblade.

As for the other, totemist can lets you create a couple "magic items" and wear them. When you bind a meld to your totem chakra your form also alters to look more like the creature the meld is named after. Entering master of masks after that gives you true magical masks to wear and benefit from; the warrior mask can grant you proficiency with every exotic weapon printed so feel free to break out those boomerangs, whips, and lanterns.

Azurin warblade 6 // totemist 5 / master of masks 1
And don't forget to buy a rod of ropes out of complete scoundrel and call it a "hook shot" :)