PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Barbarian, path of the skald.

Rfkannen
2015-01-30, 11:15 AM
For some barbarians the thrill of rageing is not enough, they want to lead they're allies to victory. They want to inspire them with they're music, and have managed to tie they're rage to they're music.
http://www.stargazersworld.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/BrutalLegend1880.jpg

Musical rage.
When you choose this path at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in performance as well at 3 instruments of your choice. While rageing you have advantage on all performance checks. You also gain the ability to drive your allies into rage with your music. To do this you must make some kind of noise, and spend one of your rages. You are then doing a song of rage, you must maintain concentration on the rage as if it were a spell, and the ally has to be able to hear you for the entirty of their rage.

Lead the Battle
Beggining at 6th level, while rageing you can inspire your allies to attack. Durreing your turn while you are rageing you can spend a bonus action to have one of your allies perform a weapon attack. THey must be able to hear you and you must make some sort of noise. The weapon attack is normal exept instead of the normal to hit, they instead use your performance skill.

The rage of an army
Starting at level 10, you can make multiple allies rage. When you use your musical rage, you may spend multiple rages and have multiple people rage, one rage equals one ally rageing. All of your rages share the same concentration.
You may spend an attack to do an awesome solo. When you do, all of your allies that you have raging gain advantage on there next roll.

Undying rage
Starting at level 14, when someone does a death saving throw while under the effect of your rage, they have advantage. And when they succeed, they restore one of your hit die in health.

BRKNdevil
2015-01-30, 12:03 PM
Musical rage.
When you choose this path at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in performance as well at 3 weapons of your choice. While rageing you have advantage on all performance checks. You also gain the ability to drive your allies into rage with your music. To do this you must make some kind of noise, and spend one of your rages. You are then doing a song of rage, you must maintain concentration on the rage as if it were a spell, and the ally has to be able to hear you for the entirty of their rage.

Barbarians have martial and simple weapon prof. and everything else available is incredibly iffy on its availabilitie so i'm wondering what other 3 weapons would he still need to learn? do you mean instruments? On a side note, have you looked at any of the 3.5 skald like classes or the skald pathfinder class? this isn't to draw comparison to, but rather a random thought that popped up.

Lead the Battle
Beggining at 6th level, while rageing you can inspire your allies to attack. Durreing your turn while you are rageing you can spend a bonus action to have one of your allies perform a weapon attack. THey must be able to hear you and you must make some sort of noise. The weapon attack is normal exept instead of the normal to hit, they instead use your performance skill.

I'm a "dunno on this one" when it comes to assessment.

The rage of an army
Starting at level 10, you can make multiple allies rage. When you use your musical rage, you may spend multiple rages and have multiple people rage, one rage equals one ally rageing. All of your rages share the same concentration.
You may spend an attack to do an awesome solo. When you do, all of your allies that you have raging gain advantage on there next roll.

lol, i'm jamming on my axe

Undying rage
Starting at level 14, when someone does a death saving throw while under the effect of your rage, they have advantage. And when they suceed, they restore one of your hit die in health.

hmm... i dunno on this one as well

Also, finally you might want to add the 5e prefix to this thread

Rfkannen
2015-01-30, 12:11 PM
Barbarians have martial and simple weapon prof. and everything else available is incredibly iffy on its availabilitie so i'm wondering what other 3 weapons would he still need to learn? do you mean instruments? On a side note, have you looked at any of the 3.5 skald like classes or the skald pathfinder class? this isn't to draw comparison to, but rather a random thought that popped up.

I'm a "dunno on this one" when it comes to assessment.

lol, i'm jamming on my axe

hmm... i dunno on this one as well

Also, finally you might want to add the 5e prefix to this thread

I did in fact mean instruments, I will fix that. I did look at tha pathfinder one, and was not sure how to take influence from it. I did not know there was a 3.5 skald. Where is it?

I have now put in the prefix

Btw, this is the first of a series of archetypes I am makeing to get the flavor of a multiclass withought takeing the mechanics. This one was supposed to get the feel of a bard/barbarian or a bardbarian. What do you think? Did this get that feel?

BRKNdevil
2015-01-30, 06:53 PM
There a few bard/warrior prestige classes, one i think in the forbidden realms books, but i don't remember the names. Only the one in the forbidden realms books had the feeling of a bardbarian, but the rest where warrior/bards with abilities focusing on close combat and singing. I don't remember many of them except for the warchanter from complete warrior and only due to some cheese of a high level campaign and leadership.
200 level ones with 19 BAB and archery ftw

as for capturing the feel, i never played a skald or any other bardbarian, so i don't know how it would "feel" thus i cannot answer. maybe someone else will have a better understanding.

Rfkannen
2015-01-30, 08:05 PM
Oh btw, I posted a new thread of archetypes that mimic the feel of multiclassing. This is on there. In hindsight I should have just modified this thread but whatever