PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Shadow Boxer (Unarmed Strike Ninja) Build Critique

Ravens_cry
2015-01-30, 02:36 PM
OK, I just wanted the Playground's thoughts on this build for a human Pathfinder Ninja who uses unarmed strikes. The idea is to hit them once, Acrobatics through their legs, and then hit them super hard next turn hit them over and over until they fall down. Ability scores can not be determined in advance, as we're (shudder) rolling but one can assume high Dex, high Charisma, good con.
Also, aside from an Agile Amulet of Mighty Fists, Headband of Charisma, Belt of Dex and an Acrobatics item, does the Playground have any especial recommendations for magic items?
NT stands for Ninja Trick, by the way.
1st Weapon Finesse Improved Unarmed Strike
NT:Combat Trick: Sap Adept
3rd, Two Weapon Fighting
NT: Acrobatic Master
5th Knockout Artist
NT Rogue Talent: Distracting Attack
7th Sap Master
NT Vanashing Trick
9th Improved Two Weapon Fighting
NT Invisible Blade
11th Gorgan's Fist
NT: Advanced Talent: Crippling Strike
13th Scorpian Style
NT: Feat: Combat Reflexes
15th Medusa's Wrath
NT: Rogue Talent: Combat Feat: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
17th Steadfast Personality
NT Pressure Points
19th Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike
NT Unarmed Combat Mastery
EDIT: Changed Lethal Acrobatics for Distracting Attack, since the former is a 3rd party talent.

Ravens_cry
2015-01-31, 03:08 AM
Geez, nobody?
I has a sad.:smallconfused:

avr
2015-01-31, 09:34 AM
Why Distracting Attack? Something which keeps you alive like Offensive Defense seems like a better buy to me.

A ring of ki mastery is something you might get at some point. A ring of seven lovely colors (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Seven %20Lovely%20Colors) is handy and way underpriced; be warned though that transforming into a songbird and beating people up via sneak attack/agile AoMF may cause conniptions in your GM.

By the time you're getting pressure points your enemies are likely IMO to have rather high physical stats. Something else - deflect arrows, forgotten trick, evasion? - seems more likely to be helpful.

Spore
2015-01-31, 10:19 AM
Exchange Sap Master and Knockout Artist since double Sneak Attack Dice combines with Sap Adept's bonus damage AND it does more damage on average for itself.

goto124
2015-01-31, 10:25 AM
Are Shadow Boxers allowed in boxing matches, or are they considered cheaters?

Ravens_cry
2015-01-31, 01:56 PM
Exchange Sap Master and Knockout Artist since double Sneak Attack Dice combines with Sap Adept's bonus damage AND it does more damage on average for itself.
Yeah, but getting someone flatfooted is, well, super tricky. Any suggestions for doing that reliably?

Why Distracting Attack? Something which keeps you alive like Offensive Defense seems like a better buy to me.

Hmm, good point, especially with the nerf I just found that says you can't target yourself with it. Bummer. OD it is!

A ring of ki mastery is something you might get at some point. A ring of seven lovely colors (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Seven %20Lovely%20Colors) is handy and way underpriced; be warned though that transforming into a songbird and beating people up via sneak attack/agile AoMF may cause conniptions in your GM.

Really does not fit the theme, I am afraid, float like a butterfly and sting like a bee aside.

By the time you're getting pressure points your enemies are likely IMO to have rather high physical stats. Something else - deflect arrows, forgotten trick, evasion? - seems more likely to be helpful.
I am thinking of sticking forgotten trick in there, but deflect arrows comes up damn rarely. Evasion, I can get as an item.