PDA

View Full Version : Did Melf's Minute Meteors ever get a conversion to 3.x?

Seharvepernfan
2015-01-30, 04:29 PM
Seems like it would be a great spell for arcane tricksters and the like. I can't seem to find it online (short of D&D wiki); anybody care to give their thoughts on how it should be?

Kurald Galain
2015-01-30, 04:34 PM
PF has Firey Shuriken, which is basically the same.

Honjuden
2015-01-30, 04:37 PM
The closest I have seen is the Fire Seeds spell for Druids and Sun/Fire domain Clerics.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireSeeds.htm

georgie_leech
2015-01-30, 04:41 PM
The closest I have seen is the Fire Seeds spell for Druids and Sun/Fire domain Clerics.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireSeeds.htm

Wasn't that more intended to be the 3.5 version of Fire Seeds, a Druid-only spell? :smalltongue:

Honjuden
2015-01-30, 04:50 PM
Yes, but it is the only spell off the top of my head that replicates the effect.

Seharvepernfan
2015-01-30, 05:21 PM
Well...I dunno about the level, but it should give you a number of ranged-touch single-target fireballs, say 1/level, that deal a small amount of scaling damage (like 1d4+1/level or something-

Produce Flame. Duh.

jedipotter
2015-01-30, 05:42 PM
Well, my conversion:

Melf's Minute Meteors
Evocation (Fire)(Earth)
Level: Wiz/Sor 3
Components: V,S,F
Casting Time: 1 actoin
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level or until discharged
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

Casting this spell creates a cloud of flaming meteors that orbit around you, consisting of 1 meteor per level. As a swift action you can make a ranged touch attack with a single meteor. Once per round as a move action, you can make a ranged touch attack with up to five meteors. If successful, the meteor does 1d4 fire damage and 1d4 bludgeon damage.

Focus: The caster must have a small hollow tube of minute proportion, fashioned from gold. The tube costs no less than 1,000 gp to construct, so fine is its workmanship and magical engraving, and it can be reused.

I don't bother with the ''grenade '' part or the ''catching on fire'', both from the original. It's just too much to keep track of and has very little benefit.