PDA

View Full Version : Help me design this NPC

atemu1234
2015-01-30, 05:01 PM
My players are going up against a dread vampire succubus, closely mimicing the one in this thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?395227-Unsettling-Creepy-Characters)

Which, of course, leaves them with the children. Now, for all intents and purposes, these children are mostly lvl 1-4 rogues, bards, and some are sorcerers. They aren't exceptionally powerful (16th-level party) but they are firmly corrupted by evil (they're all around 5-12, with those above that age mostly killed trying to defend their "mother").

I don't want the players to have to deal with this. They've got nowhere to send the kids, they've got limited resources, and the kids will likely grow up to be insane murderers anyway.

So I came up with this idea.

They exit the room in which they killed the succubus, and then find who from here on in I'll refer to as him. They find him with the children's bodies piled in the center of the main room, with him sitting atop it cleaning his weapon. I want him to be some sort of True Neutral type, who seeks to cleanse the world of evil but willing to take it to extreme levels of murder. Possibly Neutral Evil in this regard, though I don't know.

Anyway, though, I want him to be melee, and I don't know what particularly I want to do, stat-wise. Any advice appreciated.

(Un)Inspired
2015-01-30, 05:07 PM
I'd go with a melee archivist.

A religious intellectual who calmly rationalizes away all the horror he committs in the name of eradicating evil.

Sam K
2015-01-30, 05:33 PM
Druid? Neutral but sliding towards neutral evil in an extreme quest towards eradicating imbalances. Could be an interesting re-occuring character because generally evil imbalances are more common (it takes quite a few BBEGs for every party of adventurers, if the adventurers are to reach higher levels), so he might find common ground with the players... for a while.

atemu1234
2015-01-30, 06:06 PM
I kind of want to include ToB. Are there any good Cleric Warblade builds (I don't want a crusader).

Karl Aegis
2015-01-30, 06:13 PM
I'd go with Lurk (Complete Psionic) and pick up either Elocater levels or take the Expanded Knowledge feat for Psionic Dimension Door and Psionic Teleport. Gives it a good way of getting in and getting out with ease. Has a decent scry-like effect in Ethereal Agent.