PDA

View Full Version : TV The 100 (or Lord of the Flies: Penal Colony edition)

t209
2015-01-30, 08:22 PM
So I just watched the first episode of the 100 series.
- Are the Ark too dumb to at least have an overseer or equivalent to maintain control over the 100 juveniles?
Judging by the spoilers, they could at least try sending people who wouldn't make war with the people who survived the nuclear war.
- And they didn't even bother building a fire, bother marching on a short distance, or foraging for food to "do whatever we want"?
In conclusion, they're pretty mush the founding of Australia, minus the common sense to survive and having tons of resources (food, tools, and more convicts) to start a new colony.
I don't know whether to watch the show or not.
any opinions?

Cheesegear
2015-01-30, 08:36 PM
I don't know whether to watch the show or not.
any opinions?

I've watched the whole thing up to current, and there are a lot of dumb things about the show. I think it'd be really great for a Let's Watch, or something similar where you critique why a Hunger Games type scenario with a female teen protagonist isn't an automatic shatter-the-backboard slam dunk. The show gets so much dumber. There's a few interesting ideas, but Season 2 pretty much obliterates all potential for those ideas by doing the thing that it does, and then introduces more dumb ideas.

I really can't recommend the series to anyone except for teenage girls, and even then, probably not.

Palanan
2015-01-30, 09:01 PM
I lasted three or four episodes. Started ridiculous, became more so.

Hearing where it's gone in the second season is somewhere between boggling and not really surprising.