PDA

View Full Version : 3 Favored Classes

BowStreetRunner
2015-01-31, 11:26 AM
I was looking over the details of undergoing to transformation to Spellscale (RotD p32) and also Dragonborn (RotD p10) and it occurred to me that if you took a character through both transformations you would end up with a possible three favored classes: Sorcerer, Fighter, and the favored class of your original race.

So I am just curious, has anyone in the playground ever encountered a particularly interesting way to exploit this? Or do the majority of you play with DMs who ignore favored class rules anyway?

ZamielVanWeber
2015-01-31, 11:37 AM
Favored class means extra work for me, as a DM, so I ignore it. I don't know of any good gish builds that include sorcerer and fighter so I cannot say if there is any upside to having three favored classes.

eggynack
2015-01-31, 11:41 AM
Even if a game does use favored class rules for some reason, the path that bypasses them tend to be pretty optimal anyway. After all, melee folk tend towards really quick dips, and caster folk tend towards no multiclassing.

Chronos
2015-01-31, 12:00 PM
And it's really hard to imagine a build that would need three favored classes, anyway, even if you were able to choose them at will. In fact, I'm not even sure it's possible to have a pre-epic build that couldn't avoid multiclassing penalties with two favored classes of choice.