PDA

View Full Version : Saint's Protective Aura

ZamielVanWeber
2015-01-31, 02:48 PM
How does it work exactly? Here is the text

As a free action, a saint can surround herself with a nimbus of light having a radius of 20 feet. This acts as a double-strength magic circle against evil and as a lesser globe of invulnerability both as cast by a cleric whose level equal to the saint's Hit Dice.
Does this mean that it creates the two individual spells as supernatural abilities (both with radius 20 feet) that keep their own tracked durations or does it keep both up until the entire effect is dismissed? If it is until the entire effect is dismissed how does one go about doing that?

Zaq
2015-01-31, 03:00 PM
Well, the text doesn't specify, so you're really in GM call territory. The book simply doesn't tell us how it works, so it's up to the presiding GM to fill in the gaps.

My gut tells me it's more elegant to just have both effects active for as long as the aura is active, but there's no RAW support for it or RAW evidence against it, really. Of course, since it's an at-will free action, it's not likely to have the difference really come up, though of course I can see there being corner cases.

HunterOfJello
2015-01-31, 04:47 PM
Should be until turned off or thrown into a black hole, but a DM could rule either way. It doesn't really matter if the player just says, "I renew the aura as a free action every (current level*6) seconds."