PDA

View Full Version : Board Lords of Waterdeep: House Rules

LibraryOgre
2015-01-31, 02:53 PM
So, what sort of house rules do you have with Lords of Waterdeep? I got it for Christmas and my wife and I have been playing a TON of it (averaging a game a night), and we've fiddled with, and considered, a few house rules.

1) Assigning types to the Mandatory quests. So, giving someone "Stamp Out Cultists" is still a PITA... but if they have Peity as one of their quest types, it becomes less onerous.

2) Starting a round early. Base game, you lay the points on the buildings at the beginning of the round, and then play one round where there are no points left on spaces. We switched to points at the end of the round, and one round with no points left on spaces. It gives us one more round of play, which is nice since we enjoy the game.

3) Mulligan for your Lord Card: In a 2 player game, being the builder is pretty rough, so we allow you to mulligan your Lord card if you like. Piety and Arcane are tough enough as they are, but the builder? She's a rough one to manage, especially if the other person catches on.