PDA

View Full Version : God chosen characters

j_spencer93
2015-01-31, 06:51 PM
In the new campaign i want the characters to be chosen by the gods, but i do not want them to know it and do not want to give them any extra powers, etc. so was thinking maybe they meet their respective gods disguised who leek information to them about the location of a item that fits their theme. Would that be a good way to do it?
Kinda like sigurd the volsung

MorgromTheOrc
2015-01-31, 11:15 PM
What kind of gods do you have? I would try to make sure that they line up well with the characters that the players made as well as make sure that the players would take it seriously.

Dysart
2015-01-31, 11:58 PM
I'm currently writing a campaign that does something similar but with a much more sinister twist in that it's a Demon Lord trying to ascend to godhood who's pulling the strings.

My plan is to use dream sequences, should work well because if it's a dream it can be as realistic or unrealistic as you like.

The plan you've got works well, in real mythology greek gods often take the form of animals and people (and inanimate objects... or the wind) to impart knowledge.
You could also, depending on the character, have their reason to join the adventuring party be only because a god told them too.

j_spencer93
2015-02-01, 07:43 AM
Lol not even kidding, its a demon lord in mine manipulating these events. Trying to bolster the party and set them on a task to heal his never healing wounds (guess. Who).

j_spencer93
2015-02-01, 05:54 PM
off work now so can post a better reply. I was thinking of each pc being set on a quest after meeting a stranger that tells them of an item that they desire. Aware of their BBEG in a sense, atleast they know he is able to kill without being seen and in their first meeting came out unharmed, they set out to find these items meant to aid them in his defeat.
Kinda like old myths