PDA

View Full Version : Aura of Warding

ThePrez1776
2015-02-01, 03:53 AM
Reading through the paladin subclasses, the Aura of Warding (Oath of the Ancients, 7th level) seems significantly more powerful than the corresponding features of the other subclasses. Resistance to all spell damage for you and several allies seems far more useful than simply immunity to charms, which is comparatively far more specialized. I haven't seen the Relentless Avenger feature in use, but it too seems like it pales in comparison, at least by my first impression. Being that I haven't seen 5e in action a ton, I may simply be overreacting. Have y'all found the different features to be balanced?

Eslin
2015-02-01, 04:14 AM
Reading through the paladin subclasses, the Aura of Warding (Oath of the Ancients, 7th level) seems significantly more powerful than the corresponding features of the other subclasses. Resistance to all spell damage for you and several allies seems far more useful than simply immunity to charms, which is comparatively far more specialized. I haven't seen the Relentless Avenger feature in use, but it too seems like it pales in comparison, at least by my first impression. Being that I haven't seen 5e in action a ton, I may simply be overreacting. Have y'all found the different features to be balanced?

The subclasses on the whole balance out, the individual features don't. The level 3 abilities and spells of the vengeance subclass are much better than the ancients subclass, for instance, but ancients have a much better level 7 aura.

Rilak
2015-02-01, 05:22 AM
The subclasses on the whole balance out, the individual features don't. The level 3 abilities and spells of the vengeance subclass are much better than the ancients subclass, for instance, but ancients have a much better level 7 aura.

Vengeance also gets hunter's mark and haste as bonus spells. The classes are all good in their own way.

Eslin
2015-02-01, 05:39 AM
Vengeance also gets hunter's mark and haste as bonus spells. The classes are all good in their own way.

Yes, I know.