PDA

View Full Version : Summoning Staffs

TIPOT
2015-02-01, 11:27 AM
For a new E6 game I'm planning on playing a wizard, replacing the familiar with an imbued staff (as it seems like a really interesting variant). However if I ever lose/misplace/have my staff stolen, I'm wondering what ways I would have of getting it back. Also just summoning a staff to hand from nowhere seems so bad-ass :smallwink:

Preferably pre-6, but if it's something close I'll ask my DM. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nevershutup
2015-02-01, 11:56 AM
Well, is Dragon material, and technically not viable pre-14. BUT. It is very much "Ask-Your-DM" Territory, because the Hands of the Mage (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Hands_of_the_Mage) feat isn't exactly game-breaking.

Deophaun
2015-02-01, 12:17 PM
Dragoneye rune from Dragon Magic is probably the most straight-forward and least demanding way. Basically, it's a 2nd level arcane mark that you can ping twice a day to know the distance and direction to the marked object.

And it's just so darn useful besides locating stolen goods.

mvpmack
2015-02-01, 06:46 PM
I definitely second Dragoneye Rune. Mark all your stuff with it, and you'll be able to retrieve your stuff if the worst case happen.

A lesser Crystal of Return will also let you retrieve your staff from up to 30 feet away. If you hang onto your staff most of the time, it should work well in most situations where you are disarmed.